ACE COMBAT 7 WHEN?

ACE COMBAT 7 WHEN?

>The game includes “solid clouds” in the sky. They’re not just drawn, but they are actual three dimensional entities that you can fly through.

>Everything included in the trailer is in-engine. Nothing is pre-rendered.

HYPE

So it's like the Witcher 3 in space?

Assault Horizon was awesome. I replay it a couple times a year. I even enjoyed the on rails shooting sequences, especially the AC-130 mission. The only thing I didn't like was the helicopters and the two or three scripted battles.

Looking forward to this although I assume it's going "back to its roots." I would have been fine with AH minus the scripted bs and helicopter shite.

>PS4 exclusive

I think they're missing out

FUCKING BORDERS
BUDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I thought the dog-fights were pretty badass. Yeah it was on-rails and whatever... but it made the action exciting and fast-paced. Flying though and between buildings when you're shooting down an enemy was cool... and almost impossible to pull of manually.

Anyway, while I thought it was cool I wouldn't mind if they remove the on-rails part of the game. I also didn't like the helicoptor segments. Jets only please.

It wasn't really a bad game per-se, just terrible as an Ace Combat. If it didn't have DFM it probably would've been considered relatively average. The plot was pretty dumb, though. AC's cheese doesn't work very well in a CoD-ish real world setting.

It was worth the $20 or so I paid for it though

>doesn't like choppers

I'm a big AC fan but the only story that ever really did it for me was Zero. AH was one of the more tolerable story lines in my opionion. The absolute worst was the anime tier trash in 6.

>When this is the only thing you want for x-mas

choppers are awesome machines but if you are claiming that the chopper sections of AH were anything but utter garbage gameplay then you are objectively wrong

Hah!, no.

The chopper sections of the single player exist for only one reason:
To teach you that they are death machines that can wreck any plane 1v1 online.

Where do I start to get into this series? All the way back to the first one?

>All the way back to the first one?

No. Play 4,5 and Belkan War.

If you want. 2 is the game that set most of the series standards, so that's much more apt as a starting place.
I think I heard the 3 translation project is nearly finished, so that will be available, too.

But Zero is the weakest out of the PS2 trilogy.

so this is the new fotm trash sonyggers are shilling since xv and the JUST guardian flopped?

pathetic

>implying

literally no one cares about ace combat but the fans, it's a nicher series than euro truck simulator, i wish sony would care about it past the vr marketing angle

No.
Not like that's going to change your mind on the matter.

That is no joke a god tier fictional world map.

why dont you just return to reddit and talk about this trash

>implying anyone cares about the guardian except for you

cuck

arkbird 2 when

nagase promised it

The story for most of them is abysmal and Zero's story (for my money) was the least abysmal.

Absolutely shit-tier opinion.

Zero's story is fucking amazing and perfectly encapsulates the "Ace" part of Ace Combat. 4's story is kind of barebones but it's all right, and 5 is cheesy as fuck but anyone can deal with it.

Which have you played?

I really don't want to buy a PS4. But I already skipped 6 back in the day. Is there any chance they'll release this for the Switch?

I've been playing AC since probably a lot of you weren't even born. All of them including the PSP and 3DS ones but not the isometric GBA ones or the F2P garbage.

Don't laugh. Having to buy a console for 1 game is not funny. Guess I'll get 2nd hand one or something.

I was laughing at the idea of anything worthwhile other than first party Nintendo titles releasing on switch.