So now that XV turned out to be hot garbage do you still have any hope left for pic related Sup Forums?

So now that XV turned out to be hot garbage do you still have any hope left for pic related Sup Forums?

XV is a great game.

15 is actually really good, just has flaws for sure like any other game.

They should have made all the royal arms and some post dungeons mandatory, they are fucking fun.

nope, being episodic makes me even more worried.

>FFXV fanboys come in to defend their shit game but don't answer the fucking question.

I don't care if you like sweaty boy band dick up your ass I'm asking if FFVII Remake will be any good.

>cloud literally cross dresses
>makes ffxv out to be gay

Its broken into parts like FF13, episodic gives the wrong idea

>Cloud cross dresses
>Still more of a man than any of the main characters in XV

Really makes you think doesn't it?

In what way?

When has the US ever censored violence?

I hope you don't have Tales of Berseria preordered.

Base game is awesome, but i still belive they'll be able to fuck it sensless.

thank you and I honestly prefer this since XVs plot is threadbare and requires dlc for character development

I have slight hope since it's actually being handled by a competent director and has a steady development cycle, but Square hasn't released a good Final Fantasy game in over a decade.

>episodic
into the trash

I'm not a weeb, so I don't.

And that's censored due to it being a child, not because of violence.

No, it's episodic. Except unlike Hitman where you buy one and get em all as they come out, you buy one then buy the next then the next all at full retail value.

yeah, because they censor all children, even when there's no violence

After watching room mate play XV I'm kinda worried for FF7R so I dunno.

>preordering

We have a vastly different opinion on what is hot garbage or not, but I respect your opinion.

No, they already said that each 'episode' would be the equivalent of a full game.

Hitman was not a full game, it was mission by mission.

If you're going to shitpost at least keep the fuck up nigga.

Aerith is not a small child? Why are you confused here?

They are censoring violence against small children to prevent an M rating. They aren't even required to do it, the devs are literally choosing to do it in order to make sure more people have access to the game.

When will the first part end? When you leave Midgar?

Each episode appears that it'll be each of VII's discs. Only with more added content and things to do, so a more fully fleshed out version of that disc.

They said they'll end the first episode after the Guard Scorpion fight.

I sure hope not, it should end at the Ancient City just like Disc 1

Damn man why you gotta try so hard to fit in with a bunch of anti social weirdos?

Actually play the game yourself instead of listening to this board and Conan

>Sup Forums being contrarian again
Sorry guys. XV is great. VII will be even better.

>They are censoring violence
Exactly what I'm trying to say. They are censoring violence. The target of violence and reasoning behind censorship are irrelevant, the fact that they're censoring the violence remains.

>each episode is equal to a full game
>mfw you will be level 99 in midgar doing post game shit in episode 1 and then level 10 at the start of episode 2
you aren't actually stupid enough to believe this are you? They've already done episodic shit with FF4 after years and it sucked shit, its just a model they can exploit for easy slant dollars

Also all these retards that unironically think fucking NOMURA is the savior of square because of tabata hating is HILARIOUS

i have hope for remake because xv is good

Pretty much, only imagine all of Midgar is available and there are more sidequests, cutscenes, etc. that there ever were in the real game.

They already said the episodes would be the equivalent of full sized games and that there would be more focus on AVALANCHE and Cloud's Hallucinations over Zack for Episode 1 and be more to do regarding Midgar.

Save transfer is a thing these days, actually for over a decade now

>only imagine all of Midgar is available
More like all of Midgar will be one long corridor.

The team who made .hack series is working on the FF7 remake

They have the most experience out of everyone on how to do it right

This is how to fit in Sup Forums

Ignore the most sensible points someone makes, turn it around and make it negative

No, its going to be like .Hack.

As in, Ep .1 will be Lv. 25, Ep. 2 will be Lv. 50, Ep. 3 will be Lv. 75, and Ep. 4 will be Lv. 99.

There will just be enough content in the game to make it a full sized game despite that seemingly low level. It'll be more akin to .Hack's systems.
You're an idiot. There is a huge difference in the rating system worldwide when it comes to like a 10 year old kid and a 22 year old woman.

Well, for one, it's not really being censored, the devs aren't being required to remove content, they are choosing to.

And, second, the reasoning is relevant, because you are trying to equate it to FFVII, which is a totally different situation.

Why are you struggling so much to grasp this?

Except, we've already seen that that isn't the case with the gameplay trailer. Even if it was, FFX was linear and had corridors and was a great game.

>Ignore Square Enix's track record for the past decade, this game is going to be totally different guise I swear!

>Well, for one, it's not really being censored, the devs aren't being required to remove content, they are choosing to.
Oh, it's this meme again. If you remove content because you know you have to, it's literally no different than if Sony or the ESRB or whoever the fuck said they had to.

>FFX was [...] a great game
hahaha oh wow

keep on bro

maybe you'll fit in one day

>If you remove content because you know you have to

But they didn't have to. They did it to get a T rating instead of M. They did it to boost sales, not because somebody would have forced them to.

Meanwhile you ignore a different team handling how progression will work yourself and their track record.

He pretends to be something he's not to protect his fragile ego. Literally the manliest thing you can do.

When will they reveal Tifa's design? I feel like the hype for the game will be greatly affected by that.

We'll see more news after KH 2.8

Its the truth. FFX was very linear and based more around story progression, sure its not FFXIII in terms of linearity, but compared to other FF its pretty linear and filled with hand holding to the next destination.

You're free to dislike FFX if you want, but it doesn't make what I said untrue or the general consensus on the game untrue. You'd have an argument if I had said FFVIII was a great game, where the general consensus is contrary.

Besides I can't tell if you're just trying to sound stupid or you legit want FFVIIR to fail so you have an excuse to say "See I told you so, TORtanic #4389 guys, video games are dead hahaha!" Its just asinine and stupid and something a 15 year old would be doing.

Good game, Shit story. It's another MGSV, those two games have literally everything in common.

XV is good and VIIR will be too.

i mean Luna just got kebabed in XV so im fairly certain they wont alter the most famous death in games

>There will just be enough content in the game to make it a full sized game despite that seemingly low level. It'll be more akin to .Hack's systems.
So there's literally no room for replayability, or end-game?

Need to see how combat actually works. Its not full real-time apparently

The story isn't shit, it just needs more exposition. Doesn't make your statement untrue, but at least unlike MGSV, their willing to listen to fan demand and add more.

>but at least unlike MGSV, their willing to listen to fan demand and add more.
Too little too late, by the time they fix what's wrong nobody will even be playing the game.

Only if they use ffxv combat but make it more controllable and more complex. What a boring piece of shit. Jesus.

I dont want that turn based shit anymore. Its dull and slow and a chore to do. But by odin, they need to overhaul the combat hard

Not necessarily, there could be end-game content balanced for the level or a way for replay-ability based on playstyle, such as a minimalist run.

That's something we'd need actual more info on to be able to gauge accurately.

Never had any hope for it to begin with
>no atb
>barret with glasses for lelcoolblackmeme
>episodic

Hahaha, no, it's fucking DOA.

>do you still have any hope left for pic related Sup Forums?

Haha. Unlike a large portion of Sup Forums, I learn from patterns and since Square-Enix has been mostly shit since inception and Final Fantasy hasn't been good in 16 years, I never had any hope for it. I'm just going to play it to see what the localization is like.

That may be true, but at least it might bring back people to replay the game. MGSV was just sort of dead in the water after all the stuff Konami did and didn't do. Which part of the blame also rests of Kojima as well.

For instance, you might quit FFXV for 6 months to a year, come back and there is tons of new content ready to be played and explored for a better experience. MGSV doesn't really have any of that in comparison.

I hope you can connect the episodes into one game. Otherwise it will not feel complete.

Honestly I do IMAGINE ff7re will have something XVs wait mode but turn based is really really boring to see in a two minute trailer

Well, I was thinking more of something I could take to the next chapter, so for example cap the level, but let me still level materia etc or something similar?

Something to have an edge on the next episode would be nice.

If Nomura will be on it until it's finished, then yes it will be. If Tanaka takes over again then it'll be shit.

>Localize game to America
>Censor violence
>Leave the skimpy outfits

What Bearnstain universe bullshit is this?

>Characters are written
>Script it written
>World is already there
I don't know HOW they could fuck this up because it's literally a golden goose waiting to be taken. But somehow SE will manage to do it.

FFXV was lacking in story, but made up in gameplay, and I'm hoping that they learn from this mistake moving on to FF7 Remake, but for some reason I still think they'll manage to fuck it up.

All they need to do is put a new gloss of paint over the original and it'll sell like fucking hotcakes. The fans don't want a 're-imagining' they want a remake.

Well wait mode would be actually cool if there was more to strategize about. They need to put in more terrain effects, geomancy type magic boosts, etc.

I can't wait for the inevitable shitstorm when they finally reveal Tifa's design, be it good or bad.

Yes.

The story was a complete mess due to Tanaka being unable to tell a coherent story. He just assumes everyone knows the characters as well as he does and doesn't bother with exposition. No character development, no overall plot exposition, and shitty pacing.

If they make sure to focus on the stories of the characters in FF7 while keeping track of the plot with proper exposition, then it'll be fantastic. If it starts cutting from one action scene to the next until you have an epileptic seizure then it'll be about as good as Transformers with Mark Wahlberg.

It will be this design obviously

If ff7r is as silly as the original then it will be excellent.

Well .Hack felt very complete and it worked very similarly. I'm sure it'll be fine, or that they'll sell it as one complete package eventually with all the episodes basically being discs like the original FFVII.
I'm sure they will in all honesty. May not be as much of an edge in the end, but I'm sure they'll have everything worked out properly.

The real question we all want answering is...

Will Tifa still have a huge rack?

Will not buy if this is changed

also

Honeybee inn

Who gives a shit about Tifa's rack, the most important thing is Yuffie's navel.

The real question is will her shorts be zipped up.

>not aeris' childbearing hips

They already said Honeybee Inn was still in the game. As for Tifa, even her new design she still has a huge rack, she just has a best over her white tank so they appear smaller.
They'll probably give her her AC or DoC outfit.

Does Aranea have the same size rack as Tifa?

I hope they slut up yuffie

Chances are we will have DLC costumes like in XV.

Tifa's are like twice Aranea's size. Aranea's are perfect though.

I just want to be able to play through the entire game with Tifa in her blue dress.

>tfw it will be released on Steam too
>tfw you bought a PS4 for this

is XV hot garbage because it wasn't released on PC?

They are nice.

XV is hot garbage no mater what platform it's released on.

uh huh

>Fragile ego
>Manly

You know how many to pick.

Yup

Beautiful even.
Have fun regardless user, all that matters.

>Beautiful even.
I can agree with that.

>So now that XV turned out to be hot garbage

?

I mean, how bad could they fuck up a remake.

Just update the graphics, give everything amazing animation and cinematics. Keep the charm of the old writing but fix up obvious mistakes, voice act like you mean it. Especially don't change the gameplay, you know, the core of the game that made the game iconic.

How bad could they possibly fuck this up?

this. i don't see what the big deal is. maybe it's not as good as what versus xiii would've turned out to be but it's still pretty good.

>After much consideration, we have decided to put Tabata in charge of the project

Why the fuck does the PS3 version look better than the PS4 version

Holy shit