Gta 6

does anyone else think that this game needs to take place outside the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dk3CbA-h5s0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could play as a Syrian immigrant and work with ISIS cells to plot terrorist attacks, I guess.

>GTA
>Outside US

Please god no.

The entire point of the series is making a big joke of the "American dream"

It wouldnt work in any other country

>tfw no gta moba made by platinum

Sure.

Not London though, that'd suck dick.

The original GTA london was pretty good, but probably wouldn't be all that great if done again. GTA is a satirical take on the USA.

Didn't they already say it's gonna be Chicago? The pattern lately seems to follow the biggest markets in the U.S. (#1=NYC, #2=LA, #3=Chiraq)

GTA is an American franchise set in America. That's the entire reason it's called GRAND Theft Auto. It's because the Grand Canyon is present in the country that it takes place in.

why not?

people will buy it anyway, most dont care that much about the satire and just like running people over with cars or playing the online mode.

there's no risk for rockstar if they wanted to try something new

>Outside the US
What would GTA even be without Guns, Muscle cars, and a crude caricature on American culture?

youre gonna get miami, new york, or la.

nothing new

it could be grorious nippon, shanghai or hongkong

i liked sleeping doge but it couldve been better and I think a gta version would be nice

UK would be dumb as a fuck imo

...You DO know there was a game set in London, right?

Vice city and San andreas are the only good gta games.

the rest are trash

makes more sense to have it in the US because of our gun culture. it wouldn't be believable to have ammu-nations in the streets of london.

GTA is all about mocking US culture, though. I do wish they'd pick a less memeshit city to laugh at.

sounds fucking stupid

that no one cared about

>grorious nippon
>what is Yakuza
youtube.com/watch?v=dk3CbA-h5s0

there were no legal gun stores in IV tho

I think it should be in either Vice City or a new city based on Chicago or other crime ridden cities

There was basically an expansion pack set in london.

It's hardly its own game, and even then nobody likes it.

It'd be interesting to see Rockstar pull off a place outside of the US, but it wouldn't be GTA in that case.

>Vice City
>News on radio constantly reporting about local florida man
>Eventually help a florida man with some crazy shit

Antarctica
>doing jobs for the penguin mafia
>avoid whales and sea lions

Make it take place in St. Petersburg Fl.

That shit hole is perfect for GTA; 34th street mother fucker.

no that would be gay keep in the US

Do Minnesota, twin cities. go for fargo feel. over done accents and goofy white people. with a winter season half the game.

>Oh god somebody proved me wrong!
>N-NO ONE LIKED IT ANYWAY
wew

San Diego / Tijuana border region for the next game

GTA London exists, they pulled that off.

What other country has major metropolitan areas, and a gun culture?
Russia?
GTA Moscow?

none of this works, GTA sells globally because everybody understands US pop culture references. Nobody is gonna get Russian shit, nobody is gonna enjoy 90% of cars being 25 years old and nobody is gonna enjoy driving around Moscow not recognizing jack shit besides the Red square and St. Basil

I reckon a GTA set in some Mexican city and then later Texas would be pretty cool. You'd have the cartels, weird beaner voodoo shit, border patrol, CIA trying to flip you, KKK trying to keep you out, some modern railroad types helping you, spic/nig wars, all that kinda shit. Make the protag a CJ type who just wants to get on and chill but keeps getting dragged into bullshit by fuckwit family/associates. Probably better for GTA7 instead of 6 though just to let things die down and not make it entirely about Adolf Trump and the wall.

I dont see why gta cant do it just because sleeping dogs or yakuza exists

That was different though. The old GTAs could've taken place anywhere in the world. Anything post-GTA III had a new tone and style.

This may be the worst video game idea I've ever come across.

>GTA can't change
>My evidence for this is that it has changed

I agree with your overall sentiment but get a better argument for it.

>The entire point of the series is making a big joke of the "American dream"

You could set it in almost any western country and make tons of joke about how everything is now americanized.

Would be a fresh spin on it.

i thought the winter part in the beginning of 5 was pretty tight.

Considering the main studio is Scottish, I think it would be pretty funny to see them take the mick out of the south, like they always do. Pretty sure they do it anyway in the current GTA radio adverts.

kek

nobody in rockstar north actually writes the games, you dummy.

What the fuck, way to take it out of context.

I'm saying that in the new established popular GTA post GTA III, it'd be a little too different to make it outside the US. Back then the change was to its favor, and I'm betting a lot of people were beefed about that too. It would be great if they set it outside the US, but then they lose the American satire aspect that's been established since III.

But to favor your argument, a new country would still be just as popular and would be a completely welcome change. The American satire thing is got very stale in GTA V.

How about a GTA in Detroit?

Then have it take place in Chicago, which they very well might do.

>GTA 6: UK
>Protag wakes up, someones pounding on the door
>"TV License police, open up!"
>"Oi, I fergot to pay me tv loicense"
>Protag sneaks out back and tries not to get seen by the government installed security camera
>Goes to black market shop to buy butter knife because his only one is too rusty
>Cop follows him around the city trying to confiscate his illegal weapon
>Player takes control, slips down a side street to lose him
>HUD flashes WARNING: NOW ENTERING SHARIA ZONE
>ALLAHU ACKBAR!
>Get stabbed
>GAME OVER

Well shouldn't they do a city like St. Louis? What land marks does Chicago even have outside of the generic US skyline?
Wallis Tower?
Wrigley Fields?
Do foreigners even know these?

They should make GTA: Red Dead and reveal that Jack Marston is the grandfather of Niko Bellic.

you dumb little nigger

Not that guy, but I always see this argument and think it's correct but now I thought of something.
It COULD work if it were done from an American perspective. Like Niko
Bellic arriving in the US and having to learn the ropes, except in reverse. Have an American gangster be forced by his bosses to go to Russia for some shady arms deal, the deal goes bad and he goes to Russian prison (tutorial). After proving to his Russian business partners that he's capable by doing crime shit in the prison they post bail and get him out, but now he's their bitch. He earns their respect, finds out who's responsible for the deal going wrong and how his American bosses fucked him over and males Russian friends. In the end they go back to the US. Last mission is him storming the gangster hideout in some
crazy US mansion and you getting revenge.

Perfect solution in order to introduce Russian habits and stuff to an audience who has an American-level of knowledge by making the protagonist a foreigner who finds out about this as he goes along.

what?

this is gold man post it in every GTA thread from now on

IT WOULD BE SHIT

how many times can you replay in the same generic gangsat hood new york or LA styled locations

>get tazered for not following health and saftey rules

GTA London already exists. Wiki it.

Signed

Oldfag.

There was a cancelled Rockstar game called We Are The Mods, it was basically a sequel/spiritual successor to The Warriors which took place in the UK during the 60s.

Modern day Vice City is the obvious choice

Only as a spinoff. Main games should stay in the us.

watch it user

This, with more emphasis on detail than a HUGE map.

The Getaway 1&2 were great and it'd be great to play a similar sort of game GTA style.

>you'll probably be 30 years old by the time the next GTA comes out

Not many. That's why they're probably doing Vice City again.

You're saying it wouldn't be GTA because it wouldn't have an aspect of GTA that's only been part of GTA since III therefore by the same logic GTA III and every GTA that followed it also isn't GTA.

If they decided to go international and never return to America it would still be GTA and whatever they decided to do with it would become GTA just like III and its successors became GTA. This is mostly due to the fact that narrative and framing devices have never been what's defined GTA, open-world sandbox vehicles and guns is. Setting the next GTA in ancient Rome would make it not GTA.

There's your faggot context.

Medellin, Colombia
Rio De Jeniero. Brazil
Mexico City, Mexico

This locations are bloody as fuck. Knowing rockstar and there shillz next GTA is more likely to take place in Chicago or Detroit.

>you'll die before full avatar tier virtual reality that feels like real life

i could imagine a latino gangsta GTA but i think generic gangstas are getting repetitive

Typical underage newfag who thinks the PS2 game was the first, even though it's titled GTA"""3""".

I honestly want Rockstar to make an open world game that's a historical period piece again like Red Dead series now.

Make it set in ancient China, Japan, Rome, Greece, or have their own take on medieval fantasy or whatever. I'd like to see them tackle an open world action game where firearms aren't the main weapon.

Hell an open-world kung-fu game with Avatar powers would be pretty cool.

That's not a horrible idea, but I doubt they'd do that just because they'd be afraid it wouldn't sell well. GTAV took over a hundred million dollars to make, and it made that back because it was properly hyped for both those with nostalgia and those into how well designed the world was. Depending on the budget they'll need, it might be impossible to sell what they need to.

>tfw unironically 28 years old so this is probably true

>GTA Pirates
>GTA Medieval
I'd be on board with these but hand-to-hand combat and melee weapons have always been dreadful in GTA games.

This would be fucking sweet and have the end boss be Niko fucking bellic aka best gta character ever

I still want to see them use Texas and the border to Mexico for a GTA setting, could tie well together with Red Dead since the second one is probably taking place in the same location as the first. Show that area in the modern day.

GTA Pirates?

How does one go about being ironically 28 years old?

You browse Sup Forums at that age whilst also having had sex.

At last I truly see.

Im ironically 28, so i guess he doesn't do wahtever I do

GTA: Juarez?

The Mexican drug wars are insane, there comes a point even GTA can't make fun of it anymore. You would also have to do the game in Spanish.

no, it's a american joke.

>Set it in any country you want
>Alternative history the gameplay elements you need (like guns etc.)
gg ez

Also it has to be set in Vice City just because VI:CE innit.

Why can't it take place on the mexican border? Drugs, mexican cartels, dea etc I think it could work. Can't wait to see their version of trump.

>set in Vice City
>multiple protags again
>one of them is Florida Man
Could be fun.

If they go to a new city it will be somewhere near the mexican border so they can do Trump jokes.

GTA6 set in 1960s London.

This GTA EL PASO
You play as a Cartel Smuggler, you can smuggle drugs, weapons, and people across while also performing crimes in the city no multiple protags worst part of V

Nobody here is old enough to know about 2d GTA user, their first game was SA.

They've already done that you fucking underage faggot

no thanks

they are probably kicking themselves for having the civil border patrol guys killed in GTA V. there would've been so much potential for them in the next game...

GTA is about gun culture.

Makes games in LA and NY

>no 3d gta set in london
>you'll never get off the plane from some shithole euro country from nect door and help out cockney mob
>there will never be a gta like lock stock and two smoking barrels

They'll just have more of them, or have a GTA version of the real border patrol so they can do the "criminal secretly working for the government" thing again.

Yes. I used to be against this mentality but now I am 100% for it. And the reason I am for it, is the very reason it will never happen. Why? Because Rockstar has a hard-on for hating the United States and everything it represents. This is a theme present in every game since III, when they changed directions and went towards a more serious full fledged 3D game. There's an agenda at hand, to continue the hate for the USA as seen from many high-horsed countries, and Rockstar would never redirect that same hate campaign towards the UK, as hating on the USA is an easy task that they bank on for every game now for over 15 years.

There will never be another GTA outside the United States. Mark my words.

The world is no longer about you britfag move the fuck on

tfw they can't set it in San Fierro because of fucking Watch Dogs 2

Hey man does someone have that picture with the man with the laughing emoji mask with a gun to his head? Thanks

- Steve

pretty sure games have been set in New york or LA regardless of GTA

Not to the scale of Watch Dogs 2