Just started pic related, what am I into?

Just started pic related, what am I into?
Also, is there a way to have 16:9 ratio without stretching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mFo4Dx5ZOmI?t=7m19s
youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what am I into?

a shit version of a good game

This pretty much

Which is still a good and enjoyable game.

Seriously OP don't do this to yourself

Play the PS1 version it is so much better. Twin Snakes replaced some of the greatest voice-acting and OST in videogame history with shit.

Driving a nail through your eye can be called a game, but I'd rather play Metal Gear Solid.

Don't listen to "play the original" autist, the best version of that game is the one you got there

I know you're baiting because no-one can possibly be this wrong.

It's a "Twin Snakes is bad" thread, so fellow anons, let me get you up to speed on what to expect with this thread:

>MUH BACKFLIPS UGUUUUUUU
>MUH TWEAKED VOICE ACTING
>MUH TOO-EASY-AIMING
>MUH NINTENDO EXCLUSIVITY
>MUH "IT'S TOO CRAZY KOJIMA STOPPED BEING SUBTLE AFTER MGS2 HE'S A HACK" REPOSTS

Fire away with new content, everyone! It's not like this salt has changed since TTS hate threads started around 2009

Is the voice acting that bad?

No. the same voice actors redid it but the changes to the script ruined it

It's different, although most people hate that Mei Ling doesn't sound like a stereotype anymore

FOR GOD'S SAKE THIS GAME NEEDS A REMASTER

It's not *that* bad, but the original VAing was really, really good and TS doesn't come close.

In particular, Gray Fox.

Also, the music changes are awful. They replaced the really colourful, full in-your-face music that made so many scenes what they are with bland, barely noticable background music. See this scene: youtu.be/mFo4Dx5ZOmI?t=7m19s

Gray Fox's voice actor changed. Due to some licensing problem or some such. I think a few others did too.

Also it seems more forced since the acting is not that spontaneous. Now Also the translation and help as voice director if jeremy blaustein is not there anymore

>MGS1
What really happened at Shadow Moses

>Twin Snakes
The Legend of Shadow Moses

There, now Twin Snakes is enjoyable.

>It's not *that* bad, but the original VAing was really, really good and TS doesn't come close.
I think TTS had some worse voices and some better voices. Hayter, in particular, was much better in TTS.

Enjoyable a film directed by otacon

many autists would probably say "play original, TTS is retarded". and they are right, tts is retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE

It's best to imagine TTS as a story as one being told by drunk snake in a bar
>and then hind shoot missles at me, and, guys, hear me, i jumped on the rocket and stood on it mid-air so it didn't hit the building my god guys what a shame you weren't here then get me another beer
>so, i wrecked this helicoper and then there was this smoking hot girl shooting me with her sniper rifle, and rifle was far away, so i jumped on it and hit her i finished my backflip

I like the atmosphere. The MGS2 engine still holds up pretty well.
The problem is that the game wasn't changed at all to fit the Son's of Liberty control scheme.

Bosses, areas. They are all the same. Which is bad because the new controls pretty much breaks everything, making bosses piss easy.
They even feel a bit off in Twin Snakes. The boss pattern, the gimmicks are fully explored because you can just cheese them with the new controls.

It is MGS1 easy mode with superior atmosphere.
The cutscenes are awful tho

>good game
>MGS

It sucks but looks nice. That's all. It's over the top and too fucking easy because of the aiming.

Seriously play the fucking original it's the right way to experience MGS.

>People say twin snake's cutscenes are dumb because he does afew flips and flashy jumps
>Meanwhile MGS2 had a gay vampire run across water and pin you to your own shadow with vodoo magic, a fat bomber on rollerblades with a wine glass and a literal magical girl who is immune to bullets

This game is stupid, but I maintain the scene of Grey Fox in the corridor is fucking awesome.

The problem is that mg. Mg2 and mgs are more realistic in some way. When you go to mg2 everything goes retarded and chunni

yeah, but mgs1 wasn't like that - mgs1 was mission impossible with a little bit of paranormal. so, remake shouldn't be significantly crazier/edgier.

b-but it's not SNEK who does it so it's totally different!

Context you anime slut.
Vamp is portrayed as a super human being capable of doing things normal humans can't.
That is why he does flips and shit. That is a character trait. Him being so OP and supernatural.

Raiden, Pliskin or Snake are incapable of doing that shit. Why? Because it isn't normal.
In twin snakes, moving like a fucking power ranger is apparently common in that world. Everyone acts like a fucking DMC character.

OP here. If i would to play the original, what would be the best emulator and settings for optimal video quality?

I would say Twin Snakes is probably the canon version of the game, since Naomi and Mei Ling's voices in MGS4 are the the same as twin snakes, not MGS1.

Mgs did not have the silly tone that Mgs2 did. So, adding that tone in the remake makes it feel fucking weird and out of place.

A good game, sadly the gamecube version really lacks the feel and gameplay of the original psx version.
But really how should i know i played twin snakes first and liked it.

>Raiden
The guy who literally takes on 25 giant Mechs and wins
>The guy who swordfights with the cyborg clone president and can BLOCK BULLETS WITH A SWORD

Zebra or mednafen. Or just play it on ps3

Play it on PS1 with S-video.

No emulation will be equivalent and it'll only run you about $50 for console, game, and cord.

>S-video
>Being an NTSCuck

Well if we are talking about rising raiden. There are like 15 years or technology improvements durnig war times

>Raiden, Pliskin or Snake are incapable of doing that shit. Why? Because it isn't normal.
>In twin snakes, moving like a fucking power ranger is apparently common in that world. Everyone acts like a fucking DMC character

Except when they do blatantly superhuman shit by fighting against tengus who can block bullets with their sword and 20 foot metal gears without even so much as a scratch

Twin Snakes is fine. All the haters are just butthurt they didn't get it because they had a PS2 instead of a Gamecube.

Ps2 or ps3 via component

Sure use RGB if you can, but S-video is the next best.

They fight tengus and rays but they don't act like super humans surfing on fucking rockets.

Takes on 25 mechs with a heat-seeking missile launcher.

Then blocks bullets with his sci-fi vibrating future sword.

He can do what the technology allows him to, he can't jump 25 feet into the air and noscope someone before he lands.

Are you a 50fps pal faggot
Of a game that runs slower in the pal varsion???

It's just as good as it was in the original. People got buttblasted because they tweaked some things, such as Mei Ling not sounding like a nip nong ching fong stereotype, despite being born and raised in the USA.

PAL60 or bust fag

Bullshit. Nobody sounds like they're trying this time around. Their inflections are all over the place.

Some of them are okay, others are a big step down. They only bothered re-recording it because the original recordings had too much background noise.

Pal mgs runs at 50 only you faggot

Actualy, it makes MGS feel more in line with the rest of the series. Really, MGS1's tone is a bit too serious for the rest of the series.

TTS has:
>Much better graphics
>Much better visual design
>Better voice acting, with the exception of Grey Fox
>Better controls
>Smoother gameplay

The only things TTS does wrong are:
>It's easier
>It has over the top cutscenes
But neither of these things make the game bad. They just make it different. With the plethora of things that are just a streight improvement, I'm totally willing to say TTS is better than MGS1. Being easier, and having different cutscenes doesn't make it a bad game, or even a bad MGS game. The only reason this game gets hate is because it's not a 1 to 1 conversion of the original, with updated graphics.

>the original recordings had too much background noise.

I never understood why would they fuck up so hard. What were they using to record the vocals? A shitty, beat-up dynamic mic someone borrowed from a local college campus?

Gray Fox's actor voices the Darpa chief in TTS, as he did in the original. The problem was probably on Konami's side, which opted for an actor which didn't sound like a black male. Too bad his performance was legendary.

>superior atmosphere

The hell are you smoking.

KOJIMA FUCKING APPROVED THE GAME AND CUTSCENES HIMSELF PERSONALLY, THAT MEANS IT MEETS HIS VISION AND IS PERFECT IN HIS EYES

fuck you fucking twin snakes haters, you arent true disciples of kojima... it is the culmination of KOJIMAS VISION for what MGS should have been on the PS1 BUT THE PS1 WAS TOO MUCH OF A PIECE OF SHIT TO PULL OFF WHAT HE WANTED.

TTS has better graphics and a more mainstream control scheme, that's it. I wouldn't even say it's got better visual design because it's overall too bright and loses a lot of the atmosphere that MGS1 had.

And the voice acting was considerably worse in TTS than in MGS1, not just Grey Fox but across the board. Snake, Mantis, Raven, Wolf, Otakon, they all performed worse than they did the first time around.

And TTS's control scheme made the game too easy, but overall, the game completely sacrifices the tone and atmosphere of the original for some graphics and a FPS mode, and over the top cut scenes and silliness straight up kill the game.

TTS was an abomination.

Yeah, the first had a much better atmosphere.

Compare those two. Left is darker, less defined and not just in the less polygon sense but there's more shadow at play. There scene is a darker blue overall, compare to the right which is overly lit, and has a green filter on it like Snake's doing this in the Matrix.

Even just by comparison, the original has a much darker, colder atmosphere than TTS, apparent even in this little snap comparison right there.

That fight was vr you faggot

is that dog ok?

Lighter areas are portrayed as darker in TTS, it's like wondering in bizarro shadow moses.

>The problem is that the game wasn't changed at all to fit the Son's of Liberty control scheme.

This is how you tell someone didn't actually play the game and just followed along with whatever bullshit they heard on Sup Forums. They absolutely did change the game, all the enemies operate by the MGS2 ai, known for being the most unforgiving in the series and they do all the same things like the room clearing and radioing in. There are more patrols, and patrols in areas where there weren't before, like the snowfield where you fight raven. Ammo is almost much scarcer, so it's not a case of the aiming being tacked on, it's that you HAVE to use it to go for headshots and optimise ammo usage.

That and it even removes some of the textures, loses the griminess of it and makes it overly smooth.

In both of these shots, the floor has defined lines, individual patterns, especially in the first image, and it's completely smoothed out and it seems in the first comparison like they ported over the floors from the lab or something.

Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking with TTS, it was worse than the SH2 remake where they removed the fog and shit.

Also, Snake's mission started around 10pm and ended at dawn, the sky is supposed to reflect that.

Yeah, holy fuck. I remember it being much brighter than MGS1 but holy shit, is that in the middle of the day or something?

>Just started pic related, what am I into?

A shitty remake. You should just play MGS1 twice.

You forgot losing the great atmosphere and tone of the original, having shit music.

Not that anyone who likes TTS would notice, they see 'better graphics' and they stop right there. I'm sure they liked the new and improved SH2 without the fog too.

The original feels more like a Nintendo game than Twin Snakes. That's how fucked up they went.

>MGS2's controls didn't break the game.

Sure buddy.

the definitive version of mgs1

Solid Snake is a clone of Naked Snake, who does that kind of stuff in MGS3 without any supernatural powers. Just admit that the tone of the series changed with MGS2, and Twin Snakes was a retelling of the first game which suited the revised style.

Check the MGS reddit, someone ported the PC version of it for modern OS. Best way to play

Nope fuck that, they just improved compatibility and added widescreen support. Port is still hot garbage.

/thread