S tier healer

>S tier healer
>Consistently at a 90%-100% pick rate
>Multiple attempts at nerfs all having no effect whatsoever
>Literally the most boring character to play outside of the occasional environmental kills and wallriding

How do we fix Lucio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcA3cCQfe3s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can't without completely reworking the entire game from the ground up. Speed is just too essential for anyone to not pick Lucio.

I shall redirect you to this fine young man:
youtube.com/watch?v=VcA3cCQfe3s
He plays an offensive Lucio that can be a pretty enjoyable experience.

Speed is life kid.

Didn't they nerf how much speed you get from his amp it up?

People are probably just afraid to try different comps. "No, we need speed, no one try anything else or we'll lose!!!"

he is just the most all around character in the game. it's like you're missing out not have one on your team

Remove the passive healing and speed boost, give him more uses on his Amp.

lucio is based

Make another AoE healer so you don't have to play him every gosh darn game.

This might work

thats gay, your gay, you just want to pocket mercy like the dumb cunt you are.

>Insecure reddit PCfats getting utterly btfo by the combat frog

Amazing video.

He isn't picked for his healing. He is picked for bringing the only movement speed increase buff in the game.

He's not an S tier healer he's an S tier support. Tank meta pretty much means his healing exists entirely to top everyone off after a fight. The real reason he's most picked is because without speed boost a lot of pushes won't work.

this, completely and utterly this.

Pro teams practice tons trying to figure out the optimal comp, if they still think he's mandatory then he's mandatory.

What happened was they nerfed his healing without buffing anyone else's healing, so they switched to tank-heavy comps so it's easier to survive. But tanks are usually slow and only have good damage close range. So being able to speed tanks up lets them get to close range much faster and take a wild guess who has the only AoE speed increasing ability in the game.

What they should do is increase the healing of every support except Lucio so that attack-heavy comps are more viable and Lucio is less necessary.

Change his skin color

Introduce a character who can do single target speed boost on a 10 second cooldown.

Unrelated, but delete Volskaya because the walk back to the second point is brutal and kills the pace of the whole game.

I wish his wall run was remotely as fast or far as TF2s

Fuck that's the issue with OW in general. It's all so fucking slow.

I'm a Zen main and you're a faggot. Lucio is boring because all you do is just wait around because of his passive healing and speed boost. Just make those take more input to succeed at his job.

Lucio's auras have a 30 meter line of sight range. If you're not jumping around taking advantage of his mobility to get the drop on people, especially in maps with heavy environmental kill potential, then you're fucking retarded.

>Black guy
>Runs fast
>Jumps around
>Gets jiggy with it
Whoa...........

>all you do is wait around
nah if your good you'd go kill shit while you passively buff dumbfucks on your team, r you launch dumb people right off the edge of places. Theres always shit to do if your not a sitting in one place bronze tier scrub, but then again your zenyatta so all you do is sway side to side crapping balls at people being a giant target whos slow as almighty shit.

Healers in overwatch are either mindless and boring girlfriend mode nonsense or ones that simply can't do support the entire team in the same way.

Why is fucking dota of all things the only game that has understood the fact that supports are best when they have a very active role as opposed to a passive one?

>black
>runs

He is neither

Ana and Zen are active senpai

>not black
just admit you like using black men like your gf

>most boring character to play
That's Mercy tho. At least with Lucio you can drop them to pits or shoot lemons while still being helpful to the team. Mercy just stay behind with Left/Right click pressed

He's latino

Nah, just make it so his tempo up increases firing speed instead of movement speed. There, fixed.

that honestly really only applies to mercy. Lucio, while simple, is hard to master and a bad lucio isn't going to be a game changer because they're not wallriding, optimizing speed boosts and heals or amping up at the right moments. Ana and Zen are absolutely have an active role.

If they were to delete all the maps with retarded distance from the point to the spawn then there would be nothing left to play

it wouldn't be the same

Lucio's boost is overpowered as fuck because it makes your entire team move faster which is useful for a million different reasons, even if they had a character that can boost someone to sanic fast the comp would just be that character + Lucio.

You better be joking.

That'd make him even more broken and mandatory.

he's a black latino

how about changing his speed boost to reduce CDs

He looks black to me. Sombra's latino

Fuck, fine, reload speed then.

>lets buff the pigs hook

Like many Brazilians he's a mix of black, native, and white blood. We just call those people latinos.

>He's black, not Latino
The United States Census uses the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Dominican, Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."

I think it might be better to just keep your ideas to yourself user.

he needs an accuracy nerf anyway

That's too strong. Make it give out a 3% chance to be immune to widowmaker's mine.

>McCree with the fire rate of Soldier
>Soldier with the fire rate of Bastion
>Reaper and Tracer literally deleting people in .5 seconds
>Arrow gattling gun Hanzo
>Ana and Zen are now viable as DPS spots

FUND IT

I haven't played in quite some time (since before Ana was released even) but I from when I played Zen could not support an entire team's worth of healing by himself, unless the enemy team was retarded. Even when he could a Mercy or Lucio would do it better with a quarter of the effort. I didn't really see Blizzard fixing that without nerfing his damage stuff into the ground either. Am I wrong? I'll be so happy if I'm wrong.

Lucio isn't so active as he is intensive. You have to have a good handle on what's going on and you have to move around a whole lot. Not boring and mindless like Mercy is but not really fun. Feels too indirect to be fun for me really. He certainly have a high skill ceiling but his skill floor is only slightly higher than Mercy's.

They will never do what needs to be done to "fix Lucio" because it'd mean a shitload of work, OR just getting rid of him entirely.

Honestly I've found the most success supplementing him with another healer, like Ana.

Zen is not a solo support, however since most teams run 2 supports, this isn't an issue.

>nerf lucio
>buff soldier

the fuck?

Stop FUCKING POSTING MONTAGES

THE LITERAL POINT OF THEM IS TO LOOK GOOD

You people are fucking lost.

None of the healers can really but mercy can solo heal unless the other team is bad or it's ana and 5 tanks.

>that fucking mccree

Shit, what about single target permanent speed boost?

It's literally babby's first arena shooter.
Pick your starting kit, get your free aimbots, get your free invulnerabilities, healers and health packs everywhere but everyone is a bullet sponge, braindead characters like Mei and bastion exist.
It's really a glorified bejeweled, but I've had more fun playing it casually with friends than I would have say, battlefield 1.

Why did you assume he meant a large increase?

you're adorable

He shots speakers at surfaces and they play music for speed AND heal but much lower than current.

>give zen 2 balls of each type, nerf discord to 15% extra dmg, does not stack on targets
>give mercy overheal in the form of decaying armor up to 30% total health -5% of current overarmor/sec when not actively healing
retarded or ok?

no it isn't

no

TF2 doesn't have wall run

Increasing healing will only make tank sustain easier.

More options to take down high hp stacking comps need to exist.

>nerf discord

Zen is 100% worthless then.

Even wallriding is boring now that his speed is lower, it feels so cumbersome even when you are doing tight swaps.

His one weakness is his low healing on a single target which is of course nullified by the fact that you always take two healers and mercy/ana have great single target healing.

The best way to take lucio down to a solid A is to make zenyatta more appealing. Harmony orb is a boring mechanic and it could be swapped with a short CD single target left click heal and right click aoe heal. Hell just take a page from ana's kit and let his attacks heal allies that are hit and just change harmony orb to increase healing taken.

discord already doesn't stack

2 heal balls, discord remains the same.

Don't make the least interesting and most mandatory in pubs character more mandatory.

>hasnt played in two fucking patches

gee I wonder why you have such an uninformed opinion

And also his AoE healing is amazing when paired with any other healer.

Sure it is, but he does reach +4000 rating playing only Lucio in solo queue, so that's something.

Especially Ana. Nade + Amp it Up is ludicrous.

He is saying you would have two of them but you cant put both on one target. Learn to read, god damn.

>play TF2 for hours
>go play ow and pick lucio
>zzzzzzzzzzz

you already can't put two discord orbs on one target

Is there a better feeling in this game than killing a Mercy that fucked off and hid letting her team die before she can get her ult off?

Like mid-Guadian Angel flight to a ghost levels of get fucked heal slut.

It has air run. Scout can get something like 6 air jumps if you spec that way. In theory you can get more but there is a hard cap in game.

Good God, no.

they should just make it so it drains the aoe passive you have active and charges the one that is inactive

that way you have to swap instead of leaving one on mindlessly

killing a mercy on repeat on their way back from spawn so they don't get to play the game because their team isn't guarding them

See, this shit right here. He reached it on a smurf account, playing against people who LITERALLY started playing the game. Everyone's creaming themselves over HURR streamers reaching master solo queuing DURR while overlooking one CRUCIAL detail, that these are all smurf accounts. I got placed higher than he did on my sister's account. Because I was playing with people who possibly haven't even played on every map.

I honestly believe he did but the video shown doesn't prove that rank was obtained by him playing lucio.

"spec"

Holy shit what the fuck did they do to TF2. I thought the fucking marketplace "selling rare hat" shit was bad enough.

Can someone explain to me why this is a bad idea without reaction images or buzzwords?

that's not wall running

Because you only have one.

Nobody is telling me I'm wrong bruh. Just bringing up Lucio's skill ceiling, which I've talked about, and saying that none of the healers can support the entire team apart from Mercy which was what the post was about in the first place.

see

You can't because the speed boost is essential. He's not even used for healing which is why the meta is two heals/supports now. He's used for speed and to push.

You have to add other characters with speed buffs or something. Without Lucio you're fucking yourself by missing out on the only speed buff in the game, and it is THAT important.

Force him to use his movement in a way other than flavor. Like his healing gets amplified the more people are in LOS, friends AND enemies. All the other healers have some kind of risk/reward to their playstyle but Lucio is 100% effective around a corner completely outside the fight.

I'm trying to think of how you'd add a Dance Dance Revolution style mechanic too.

loadout was the word I was looking for, not spec.

Neither is lucios wall slide.

Because it would be an AoE DPS increase that would be on all the time, making him even more mandatory than he is right now.

Killing one of those Mercy AND an Ana or Hanzo just before they ult. I love Winston.

two zens can't discord the same target, in other words discord doesn't stack

Because increasing firing speed increases everyone's DPS across the board, meaning the game will be even more tank-heavy than before and making Lucio literally the only support that used since no amount of healing can keep up. The meta will be 4 tanks (not Winston) + Soldier + Lucio, both teams, every non-KOTH game.

he wasn't smurfing though, he'd never played overwatch on PC before

he was master on console and everyone told him that that was basically the equivalent of plat on PC and he wouldn't be able to reach the same rank if he played there, so he proved them wrong by ranking even higher on PC than he did on console