Can we all agree this game had phenomenal voice acting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc5oVdsT0A
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2RQ8YkqeEU
youtube.com/watch?v=kRbI05b6Qv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOOOOOOOOOOOOWLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS

Don't give it too much credit. The cast had to do the voices of random NPCs, and it quickly becomes obvious who is who.

>buy this game for xbox
>don't even try it for months
>put it in and it doesn't work
ah yes, thank you jews

one of the last console games I ever bought desu

LEAVE 'ER JOHNNY LEAVE 'ER

Blackbeard best bro

Whats with the voice acting for when you catch somethingvwhaling shit anyway? It suddenly drops to some incredibly awful quality

IN A WORLD WITHOUT GOLD, WE MIGHT HAVE BEEN HEROES

I noticed this as well. I guess they just rushed that shit because it sounds so tinny. They also repeat themselves.

>Kill shark
>"Woohoo! Alright, yeah!"
>Cutscene showing dead shark
>"Woohoo! Alright, yeah!"

>English language video games
>good voice acting

haha

it had great singing that's for damn sure.

ac has a lot of the same voices in all of the games since 1 and it was kinda wild to hear some of the templars from 1 singing in the game.

dont click this

Didn't even know the fat guy died when this showed in game, looked it up and apparently an NPC mentions it in the prison break which i completely missed

Only the JP version.

Quite literally the best AC game made up to this day.

I was expecting blackbeard to be a villain, but damn they hit all the emotional spots with the game
youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc5oVdsT0A

Blackbeard was never much of a villain, just a guy who was in a shitty situation and relied on intimidation and theatrics to get the job done

Is it true the team behind Black Flag is making the next AC? It may have hope then.

Bonnet didnt deserve any of what he got

Neither did Blackbeard. Guy had retired.

>Everybody saying it is the best AssCreed since II, which I loved.
>Play it for 6 hours. Tired of the ship quite fast. >No story, no AssCreed essence to be seen or feel.
>Give up and deleted it.

Now in Uplay you can download AssCreed III for free. Remember everybody talking crap of how bad was it, but decided to give it a try.

>Start playing.
>Cannot stop.
>Reaching mid of the game and I am really surprised.
>Basically it has the ship battles that I thought unique from the 4th.

Fuck Black Flag fags.

Looks like you just have shit taste mate

It's time to do it weeb

Black flag and Rogue are the best because they are the least assassins creed of all the assassins creed games

These days it's more rare to see a game that has bad voice acting.

The recent Crystal Dynamics games like the Tomb Raider reboot and Deus Ex come to mind. Also The Last of Us.

THAT'S A LIE THAT'S A LIE THAT'S A LIE LIE LIE

>Super colorful water and flora tropical sailing?

or

>Near monochromatic howling wind winter sailing?

post best moments in the series

winter sailing, so comfy

Tropical sea at sunset with my crew singing Lowlands Away

>>don't even try it for months

your fault faggot

Every mainline Ass Creed game has phenomenal voice acting, except Rogue. They kind of dropped the ball there.

not sure about that, but the soundtrack is genuinely great
still listen to it all the time

Pic related and Mortal Kombat X are the only games where i've actually gone "Wow, the voice acting in this is really good" in my head

Shay had a very memorable voice, though

Pick your poison fags.

icy waters over the carribean anyday

>Posting a movie
OP is talking about video games, not voice acting in general.

you Sup Forums cucks cant even admit to a good game when its right in your face just admit this was a decent game and move on desu

i just started rogue, very comfy. how far into the game before you actually go rogue?

Memorable, yes. But I wouldn't call it very good, or at least up to the series standard. The game itself is great though.

sequence 2 or something, if you're playing in portugal then you're on the edge

>it has a lot of cutscenes and QTE's so it's a movie maymay

Rogue
>Better environments
>Better mission design.
>Better enemy variety.
>No pirate gimmick.

It's what Black Flag should have been. Only problem is, it was too short.

>It has no gameplay but it's still a game because of traces and hints of it
I'm sorry, but it's more akin to a visual novel than a game. And visual novels aren't games, they are visual novels.

HI-HO COME ROLL ME OVER

>yfw when parting glass and credits

>trying to decide between getting 4 & Rogue
>Rogue's last gen only
Fug. 4 it is, I guess. Why would you fuck over your game like this

Black Flag is utter boring shit. Never before have I been put off from finishing such a short game. It's tailing mission after tailing mission. While I admit the pirate shit is fun, I feel it is set back by the assassin elements. It's like they really wanted to make a pirate game but it just HAD to be an assassin's creed game, so they put in all these half assed missions in there last minute.

Not only that, but it's the second ugliest game in the series, second to Assassin's Creed 2's PS2 graphics. Even on new gen machines. Rogue is the only ass creed I haven't played, but I'm already assuming it's superior.

>Couldn't even crouch and take cover until the seventh game in the series
Assassin's Creed is dogshit.

LEAVE HER JOHNNY LEAVE HER
O LEAVE HER JOHNNY LEAVER
O THE VOYAGE IS LONG AND THE WIND DONT BLOW
AND IT'S TIME FOR US TO LEAVE HER

I've never played Rogue

sell it to me

Because it would have stolen's Unity's thunder I guess. It's also on PC if you don't have a toaster.

its black flag but you play the good guys, its the game that connects AC3 and AC unity
>max comfy map
>hunted mechanic (whispers from multiplayer alerting you about the assassins that are constantly after you)
>more shanties
>more ship weapons
>story is really good

Winter aesthetics.

You play as the good guys for a change and you get ruin the lives of the self rigtheous hooden cunts.

Single player version of Multiplayer with Assassins going after you.

Shay is a top lad, despite all the trailers painting him as edgelord supreme.

That's it really, if you don't like the gameplay in the series this won't be different in that sense.

Imagine Black Flag

using AC3's winter assets

on a smaller ship, with stronger guns

in 3 distinct locations: the arctic circle, New York City before the revolution, and the "river valley" which is eastern Canada and upper New York state

And you play an Assassin-turned-Templar who hunts down Assassins and gets hunted down by Assassin hunter-hunters

But the story is over in like 15-18 hours

But there's a hundred thousand collectibles all over the place

Oh, and only a couple tailing missions.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRbI05b6Qv4

holy shit

Those two would sail all day talking about nothing but drinks and prostitutes.

>Having a One Piece boner back in the day
>really wanted to play a pirate game
>never played AC
>fuck it, pick up Black Flag
>"holy shit this is great"
>pick up 3 because I thought Connor looked cool (still think he looks the coolest out of all protagonists)
>game is so fucking shit I never touch AC again.

I should replay Black Flag.

Connor is a giant meatbeast and shit at banter

The part where the credits roll and your just sailing with no destination took place in the sky for me. I thought it was a stylistic choice or a dream sequence or something, then about halfway through, the ship came crashing down into the ocean, It had spawned in the sky and had been falling the entire time I was sailing without me noticing. Still a good ending.

3 had the best combat, and the finishers were fucking brutal, played it when it came out im replaying it now that its free on uplay. and yes the combat is the best/only good thing

>still think he looks the coolest out of all protagonists

You mean the semen stained soldier coat with a hood? Come the fuck on, to this day it's the single worst costume in the series.

WHERE IS CHARLES LEE

Yeah combat was ok, but Edward's dual wield and multiple guns made me rock hard.

he look cool, I like how he's oldschool just using a Tomahawk and a Bow

>chasing the guy through boston
>full synchronization: do not run into any pedestrians

>he doesnt use rooftops

you couldnt smartarse

/thread

They could have both been pretty fun arpg's desu. Anyways, the only games that use the Ubisoft formula and it actually works well.

>tfw bants between ade and haytham in rogue

so i have about 20 hours in the game
Maybe only 30% through the story but i've fully upgraded my ship, took down a galleon, and caught the white whale

Should i continue with the story? Or retire kenway as king of the pirates?

am I the only one who misses the multiplayer mode, it was really fucking fun
also fiora is best girl

>just powered through a massive storm withno casualties or damages, and yet mother nature sure is not to be underestimated
>the sky clears, showing a colourful warm day
>sailing around with a merry crew throughout the Caribbean
>see a small island, sail nearby
>drop the wheel and jump overboard into the beautiful warm turquoise sea
you make it sound like a hard decision
just looking at the top 3rd pic makes my heart beat faster

>Not wanting to feel the chilly artic wind in your face and filling your lungs as you travel watching the pristine white scenery
>Not wanting to hear the howling artic wind against the window as you're comfy drinking a hot beverage in your cabin
>Not wanting to be humbled under the might of the silent mountains
>Not wanting to break through the ice with your ship and feel like the king of the sea
>Not wanting free ice cold liquor
>Not wanting to park on a silent and peaceful island without dumb monkeys screaming 24/7

I think that's how the rumor goes (might've been reiterated somewhere else too). They said specifically that it was the team behind AC3's naval stuff which is the Singapore branch who did all the other naval stuff in the games, the helix rift stuff from Unity and Syndicate and all of the tombs/lairs/masyaf keys from the Ezio games.

That reminds me that it's a shame Shao Jun was wasted on one of those shitty sidescrolling spinoffs.

>Shao Jun was wasted
the bigger crime was wasting the russian

You get to go nigger hunting with Haytham.

>it's a rescue Anastasia episode
That was lame as fuck. Maria was best sister anyway.

No.

The fuck? You mean the Russian royal famly Anastasia?

Didn't the assassins fully support and help Lenin's revolution, being the commie fucks they are?

Will Kenway ever be brought back? I'm sure Matt Ryan would happily return now that he's out of a job

Best fucking game of 2013