Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 are coming to the US

Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 are coming to the US.

hardcoregamer.com/2016/12/03/yakuza-6-coming-west-in-2018-kiwami-confirmed-for-summer/238294/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oGyAjGm3b1w
pastebin.com/xMUt9y26
youtube.com/watch?v=9WpanumAXiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What rock have you been living under?

haven't had my computer in two weeks

Didn't seen any threads about this at all for the past 3 days

I still can't believe it.

Everyone who cares about Yakuza is already aware.

I'm sorry :(

I thought maybe people would want to talk about the game.

6 sucks major dick in terms of performance though, the framerate is atrocious coming from the demo. Still going to buy it.

I heard Yakuza 0 has some frame rate troubles but only in big areas with large population.

so if i wanna get into the series is it okay to play 0 first or?

Any words on PC yet? Doubt Sega will keep those games exclusive in the west.

yes, there is a reason why they release kiwami after zero.

i only played the first 2 yakuza, i tried a bit of 3 and was extremely bored by all the pointless plot about kid in an orphanage and what not

is there really any reason to pick the other game? like you know how these thing works, the first is the original, the sequel is the one that improve, the third is the tired one and the rest is tired rehashing that only happen if the thing get stupidly popular

it feels like i already know what to expect, a plot i won't give a fuck about, fighting that only pumps you up when you pull some heat moves and a bajillion stupid pointless minigames

i mean for fuck sake this thing got a zombie spinoff

>pc

lol

>sequel to videogame
>it's the same game but with a different plot
oh wow i wonder what mad man came up with the idea of having the next game be in the same genre...
either way... the side activitys get better and better.
the combat gets better and better.
and if you aren't into the orphanage stuff you can look forward to 0 wich has no haruka and no kids and is just pre time skip yakuza glory days.

try 0 when it comes out i've heard only good things about it

SEGA mentioned they were considering PC versions of Yakuza.

Since Sony had to bankroll translating 5 and 0 though, I doubt it will happen.

The orphanage part is literary just 2 hours out of 15 hour story.
Either you calm your autism or drop the entire series because it will just get worse, every game is the same but has different "gimmick" to it

but how does it improve? the video i've seen makes the combat looks like the same, are we sure you guys aren't the autistic one?

I wonder if Sega will do a Kiwami for 2 or just put the PS2 game on the PS4 store and do a collection of 3, 4, 5 and Dead Souls

>hey guys I've just watched video and know everything about the whole game
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW great argument there friend.
How about you play the game first and then we can discuss what was better and what was worse?

i don't own a ps4, the last yakuza game on ps3 was... 5? i'm just curious why the "tired series" argument applies to many one but apparently not this one, is it because it looked like it would remain a japan exclusive for a while?

if you don't like the combat of Yakuza 2 then you probably won't like the one from Zero much either.
it's still a brawler with HEAT executions.
i think they eventually get rid of some loading screens before fights, and maybe bigger arenas?
but the combat is improving ever so slightly with each iteration.
but if the brawler type gameplay isn't your thing the future games won't change it.
but then on top of that you get a good story, good graphics, tons of side activitys.

that's like saying "i didn't like GTA 3s shooting, so i don't play any more GTA games cause i seen they got shooting too, the rest of the game doesn't matter!"

I keep hearing 0 gameplay is a HUGE improvement.

Why? What does it do?

Videos are a somewhat acceptable answer.

3 new fighting styles

multiple fightan styles famlam

A major innovation of 0 is the addition of styles for both Kiryu and Majima that can be switched in the middle of battle. Kiryu has Brawler (a balanced style similar to the one he's used in the previous entries), Beast (a powerful but slow style that allows him to use heavy weapons), and Rush (a fast boxing style that emphasizes mobility) while Majima has Thug (a balanced style), Slugger (a weapons-oriented style with liberal use of a baseball bat), and Breaker (a tricky style utilizing dance moves).

Character customization and growth is similar to the system from Isshin, with abilities earned by buying them off of a skill tree that is gradually unlocked during the game. Instead of using experience to buy skills the player instead uses money acquired from fights or via Kiryu and Majima's side businesses. Money is more liberally awarded in game than previous entries with every heavy attack causing enemies to drop cash. The player can lose their money if they encounter a special enemy called Mr. Shakedown, huge men who are far stronger than normal. If the player is beaten they will lose all their cash, but can beat the enemy again to earn back their money and extra.

What does that mean though?

Like individual characters have multiple styles? How different are they? Can you switch between them whenever? What kind of styles?

Is Kiawami the best version of the first game?
Cause I played the first up to where the little girl gets kidnapped and I'm thinking if I should just wait on the remake and not finish this

No, just finish it and if you liked the whole game then just continue and play Y2

youtube.com/watch?v=oGyAjGm3b1w

>no PC
t-t-thanks Sega

>they don't know

Expect Yakuza, Persona and Bayonetta.

THIS IS THE GAME SONYKEKS ARE EXCITED FOR? THIS?

No fucking way. It looks like that really shit tekken 5 minigame. Holy shit how starved for games are you fucks?

There are two playable characters in 0.
Kiryu and Majima.

Kiryu has
>Basic punch thug
>Super fast boxing style
>Retard strength

Majima has
>Basic punch thug style (but different than Kiryu's)
>Baseball bat
>Break dancing

You wish fucking cuckold

>Sony pays the cost of localization and licensing for American audiences
>SEGA still releases it on PC
How can a company THAT greedy absolutely fail in business?

Actually this is the best game ever made, shits on everything you have ever played little baby ;)

See Nice job on your little remaster station 4 lmao

The games going to flop on pc because you know why? It's shit. You cucks rave about it because it's the only game you have

I wish Yakuza wasn't localized, now the series is filled with niggers and retards that need to be spoonfeeded for every little information since they want to jump into something popular but are unsure because it looks like PS2 games.

go easy on them bruh, they are tired of playing bloodborne new game++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

now they finally get a new game...in 2018 which is *also on pc. lets not laugh at them, they have it bad enough

>platform wars out of nowhere in a Yakuza thread

I wonder who could be behind this?

lmao but I was talking about Yakuza 6 which is not a remaster nor will be on PC.
Sorry that you are so mad about a single game, I guess you don't have anything to play on your PC bough by your parents and wish you had a job to at least buy some old console to experience few new games and not shitty steam greenlit indie games

The samurai Yakuza still isn't coming to the west is it?

Series got too popular by all the hype behind localization and now is being constantly shitposted by people who don't care or like the series.

Probably not.
It's "too japanese for the west" according to Sega.

Is it possible to have a thread for a game only on consoles without it devolving into console war shitposting

makes sense.
i am in the middle of yakuza 2 right now.
and unless the PS3 games are really shit... these games are waaaay too good to struggle with localisation.
granted losing the dub after the first game kinda sucks.

>a game only on consoles

*Also on PC

Neat, there one for Majima?

Thanks.

At least this is one of the few cases where no dub is fine since its set in Japan

People who refuse to use dubs in games that don't even take place in Japan are retarded

Only if you knuckleheads would ignore the obvious shitposters.

Like holy shit, how hard is it to ignore the obvious samefag who keeps going on about consoles and PC?

Yakuza will never come to pc, stop baiting.
And before you call me a cuck or something, I only purchase Sony consoles for this damn series. If they really come to pc, I will never waste my money on these things.

I think dub is not necessary for a japanese game about japanese gang set in japan, kind of makes more sense that people speak in japanese huh?

Is Yakuza 0's demo still on the store? I want to try it

>just wait until our sony overlords get their sales uptick this Christmas, then we can announce it.
Believable, desu.

Reminder that Yuta is Haruto's father and Yamato ship from WW2 was rebuild by Yakuza in Hiroshima and that's the big secret of Onomichi.

>Yakuza will never come to pc

Oh you sweet little console cuck. You really have no idea do you? They already confirmed it's PC. All we need is an official announcement. But it's happening.

Next you'll tell me 'd-death stranding isn't coming to p-pc'. We all know it is.

you guys are right, however the games might sell more and the first game had a fantastic dub so i would trust them with keeping that trend, either way that's in the past so whatever.

Pretty sure it got pulled, but you can try to look for it.
They take the demos down a year after release for some reason.

it will be fixed on the pro

Okay, I looked in the demo section and couldn't find it, might as well try 6's demo then

It is kind of possible, I remember buying EDF 4.1 on psn sale and just after the sale ended the game was announced to be released on PC in a week...

It won't since it runs like even worse in 4k mode and in 1080p mode it's a little bit better during the day but still shit itself in some story moments and during night

Is Yuta the actor from Battle Royale?
Also what the fuck does the Yakuza want with a Yamato ship?

>open thread
>PCucks shitposting

Yes it's him.
Japs are still butthurt about WW2, the whole secret is so fucking forced I had to take a break from the game.
Y6 is such a mixed bag, half of it is really good but the rest just makes you mad at some choices the creators of the game did.
Game was clearly rushed, many features and places are missing from previous games, wonky combat, unstable performance and bugs

KYS cuck

>Japs are still butthurt about WW2
i'm sorry that makes next to no sense, like i already find shit like black monday hard to accept but this just takes the cake, what the fuck do they want to do with the ship? start a new world war? christ, he needs to get rid of yokoyama

Enjoy your 'exclusives'.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but where do I start with Yakuza? Release order I assume?

Is it worth picking up the games on ps2 or should I wait for the remake?
I've heard they emulate kinda poorly.

It's just Gladium feeling twitchy, he stops replying when he stops getting (You)s.

Does Sup Forums as a board have the greatest collection of freaks and oddities? Just to name a few, we have

>Gladium
>Ruggarell
>Barneyfag
>thebull94
>ManlyTears
>GF_Sybb
>Cebruz
>TheDude

The story is really convoluted, it has again twists for the sake of twists.
The ship is there because the main bad guy is old bitter faggot who had hard on for Yamato ship and rebuild it and if forced to he could use it to kill people to protect Hiroshima from gangs or ummm... actually it doesn't matter because 5 minutes later he dies because his son killed because ummm... he didn't like his father and hates woman and babies and now wants to kill Haruka and Haruto

>I'm sure this has been asked a million times
It sure has.

Start with 1 and 2.
Emulate them.
Can't do that?
Softmod your PS2.
Can't do that?
Pay an arm and a leg to buy 2.
Can't do any of that?
Start with 3 I guess.

This pastebin has the emulator info.
pastebin.com/xMUt9y26

Nope, i will enjoy fucking your mother if i want

Christ, i usually didn't mind the story in yakuza cause the gameplay was great but the gameplay doesn't feel great at all, even our favorite orange nagoshi can fuck up it looks like

thanks fampai, only recently started looking into yakuza. I probably should have checked /vg/

There is no Yakuza general.

The games are pretty niche and hard to talk about.
It's pretty hard to stay alive on /vg/.

Long time Yakuza fan here, no, skip 4 entirely, don't bother with 1, but play 2, but not first.

Start with 3, and get a save game editor (you might need some hacks for this) and start the game at the last mision, then the games levels in reverse order, but only until you get to the halfway point, the beginning isn't necessary.

Then play 2, but only the minigames are vital, skip everything else.

>don't bother with 1
Get outta here with opinions like that.

Game is not as bad as it seems, just like I said it's 50/50 because it was rushed, even the gameplay, it has some potential but needs to be more polished with the ultimate heat mode and more combos.
Story is pretty great at the beginning and ending but around 3/4 in the story it kind of shits itself and has bad pacing but picks up at ending.
Also the side activities make up for some mistakes the creators made, shame about the performance and long loading screens tho

fuck off shitposter, everyone knows you start with kenzan halfway through the story to get the right experience

Well then I doubly appreciate the pastebin link.

I have no experience with these games at all but this sounds like bait.

Should've read the whole post first.

Seriously, the games in the series are called fucking

Yakuza 1,2,3,4,5,6

How the fuck is it hard to determine where to start?

what bugs me the most is no 60fps, i don't mind the 900p but the performance is what bothers me the most, you talk about loading screens, didn't nagoshi say there wouldn't be any loading screens?

Chill out dudester I always play games in release order, but there are exceptions to every rule you know?

>2018
fucking why?

Playstation Experience was on December 3rd, you are that late basically

He kind of lied, the city is now "seamless" with shit perofrmance but for example if you play a mini game and you exit it, the whole game loads again so you need to wait 3-4 minutes, same when going from city to city or even calling taxi but then it loads faster.

No problem, always wanna try to help people get into the series.

Some people may not know how much the gameplay evolves and how much the story devolves.

Might also wanna check if any of the games are shit and should be skipped.

Speaking of which, skip Dead Souls, new guy.

why would nagoshi do us like this? i trusted him

KILL THIS ARROGANT
MO
THER
FU
CKER

Why does Yakuza 6 suck so bad?

It just doesn't feel like Yakuza, more like Tiger Drop simulator.

Will I get to play Anri's game?

Yep. Only occurs sometimes when running through the city with a lot of things going on, but the combat sections have minimal to no drops in framerate.

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=9WpanumAXiI

>there will never be a moment as hype as 'KUZEEEEE'
why even live

Same
And i wont until i see it released.
What about inshin?

i don't know man, i just don't know any more

>tfw you'll be able to fight Kuze in English soon
I was really disappointed when I saw that he was pretty much the only boss Kiryu fights, but I changed my mind once I fought him.