Sup Forums plays Soul Nomad & The World Eaters

LAST TIME
>we fucked up levin
>DIO betrayed us, taking gestahl with him
>so we killed gestahl, but DIO and levin escaped
>we got knocked out by magic sleep spell

Then I did a bunch of grinding both on and offscreen.

What's going on?
>I'm playing through the ps2 game "Soul Nomad & The World Eaters", taking inputs from you
>What sort of party layout I use and who I name party members will be decided by you

Previous threads:
>previous threads

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11526524
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope you plan to lose the final battle. Best ending.

FAQs:
>What the FUCK is this game?
This is Soul Nomad & The World Eaters, a SRPG created by NIS(who you may know as the Disgaea company)
>Is Gig really that edgy?
yes.
>You seem pretty knowledgable.
not at all, I'm playing this completely blind.
>Are you playing _______ next?
strawpoll.me/11526524
This is a poll for my next game.
>Who the fuck is everyone?
Niggress(real name Revya) - A girl with a mysterious past. had her soul bound to Gig, and decided she wanted to become stronger, no matter the cost, and to be able to test her strength, no matter the cost
Gig - an ancient evil, he wants to murder everyone in his way
Galahad - a pathetic coward of a knight. Facing death, he sold out his soul rather than die on the battlefield
Penn - a big-breast-loving boy who was given to Gig and Niggress as payment for sparing the city of Raide. He was sent to spy on us, but he likes strong people instead. Took off while Niggress was asleep and slutted up to Levin.
>Thorndyke: Former Grand Cordon of Raide, Penn's father. Snapped and is now an edgelord
>Kanan: Former High Priestess of Thuris. 'She' is actually a 'He'
>Shauna: a bitch of a bandit. hates rich and poor alike. Snapped when her sex slave sister died and is now super nihilistic
>Dio: descendant of the Dio that served beside Median the Conqueror.

so I did the grinding I said I would.
also, since I bought a bunch of new manikins, I tried to keep to a naming scheme for certain rooms and based on classes.

clerics(aside from the Danette room) are all named after FE priests/troubadours

dracons are named after psykers in 40k

gideons are all named after various power ranger series

pyremages are named after anima mages in FE

fem dracons are named after dark mages in FE

archer room remains DANETTE
dracon room has all the male dracons named either DIO or reference jojo

bomb loli room spells out BOMB LOLI

nereid room spells out WAIFU!

well shit, we're stuck in raksha's sealed forest.

>giving us this choice THIS late

dont die

saying you want to go back is a safe choice nigger

there's no coming back

Go full demon all the way, no going back.

>implying this isn't fun
this is a fake choice anyway

so...was giving the silent knight danette's nameplate in the last scene a fuckup in the game?

and suddenly the armor is gone.

they couldn't do one more drawing of her in armor?

Probably on purpose for story reasons. To let you KNOW its her.

aww, looks like it's time for the final stand of haephnes.

>turned feinne against us
didn't we just butcher feinne in one of our first acts together?

t'was merely a flesh wound devourlord

also stream when faggot

that's why she didn't take a lot of convincing ;^)

>Fight feinne twice
>don't fight raksha once
why?

but you didnt kill her soul! You should know how this works by now, killing the body dont mean shit in this universe

yeah, but did drazil then just send her right back to...help virtuous?

You realize theres another battle after this right? You're also forgetting another world eater youve yet to see

Basically yes, you're committing world genocide after all

>thuris
>feinne
>raksha

I mean, are you counting layna in this? I know there's another fight, but I was assuming it would be on drazil, not here on haephnes. what would raksha be doing on drazil?

but that's what drazil wanted, to wipe out all the inhabitants of haephnes so everyone would live on drazil happily homogenized.

yes im counting layna. Drazil' off screen, and only if you win the next fight

Remember how Raksha kept Layna's soul around to eat in normal path? People that die don't go to Drazil right away.

meant cutscene, though text is more accurate

down goes endorph. I'm going to try and have thorndyke wipe out the nereids.

So... you ARE streaming this, right?

He should stream the stuff right after this, assuming he can win.

>tfw no corrupt the cow route
The Master of Death is the one who sends souls to their destination so they can be processed, stripped clean and sent back to the circle of life. Without a Master of Death, I imagine something like FFX is happening.

stream is live. as per global rules, I can't advertise the URL or provide my name, but you can search by game.

Danette is too pure/retarded to be corrupted

>GP: Tons
kek

So is there any reason why you have the in-battle voices turned off?

I didn't even notice.

I believe you turned those off way back when you had audio stutter issues and just never turned them back on.

There's good voices for demon blast and what not.

Fucking finally.

psycho thorndyke a best.

TIME FOR THE FINAL BATTLE

I never noticed that Endorph had like 7 belts on his wrist.

Should've gone with the other choice.
The bullshit response from them just makes em deserve their deaths even more.

>I wonder if Raksha was somebody before being reborn as a World Eater
Hehehehehehe

you find out who thuris and raksha were by doing the Reveal Path Edicts you can buy in the shop

I'm not going to do that. I'm not doing the grinding it'll take to buy the reveals. Want to spoil me?

>Layna/Virtuous could've simply asked Feinne to stop killing everyone she sees and join their side
>For 200 years, she's terrorized the world
>She is the reason hidden villages even exist

>Raide literally got BTFO in the hero path by her because Virtuous had to keep up the narrative that you were building an army to combat the world eaters, rather than explain that she KIND OF caused a war with Drazil, who's way better at waging interplanetary war than she is

Virtuous, you are the biggest bitch in existence.

Raksha and Thuris are Gig and Revya that travelled to the past to fight Median and died to Scarlet Iago after since they got stuck in the past. When they die, Drazil gets their souls, forcefully fuses them together then rips them apart to make two World Eaters. So Raksha is both Gig and Revya and Thuris is both Gig and Revya as well.

fine you fucking nigger In a Reveal Path Edict you go back into the past (thanks to Lujei or something) to find Median the Conqueror in his prime, which changes the future however you end up dying because not telling and you and gig's soul end up into drazil.
Oh yes.

Obligatory

Feinne just stood there chillaxing, until Raide began messing with her shit.

goddamn, that's bad ass.

Path 1 is the psycho timespace witch from grimgrimoire, Path 2 is how Median became the crazy zombie fucker (timespace witch sends you back in time to fight him and it creates a feedback loop where you kill Median and thus the reason Median is dead and all this shit is going wrong is because you killed Median. However, if you hadn't killed Median, he kills the final goddess left alive and the universe ends. I won't spoil you any further than that because more of the gods plotline is coming at end of demon path.

why the fuck does the witch know about timespace magic anyway
wasn't she just a fucking necromancy teacher?

Um... no?

There's so much wrong here.

He's right though

She made the philosopher stone alongside the other teachers which has power over time in grimgrimoire.

I didn't finish grimgrimoire ever, only got about halfway through it. Based on what I can tell from the extra paths, her split personality is mostly sealed by the animate staff she carries around, which is why 99% of the time she acts like a literally retarded 6 year old, but she has trigger words that turn her into a murderous psychopath.

"Oh yeah, I went on a killing spree"

I'm pretty sure he's right. Are you THAT lazy to correct exactly what he said wrong?

Necromancy's her specialty, but iirc she was a great witch and was involved in the creation of the philosopher's stone which caused the timeloop you're stuck in in GrimGrimoire.

Median gets bodied by the other goddess instantly though.
Gig only died because he's a pansyass that hates fighting as Vigilance.

Her personality is because of something her husband did (she put him in the staff and she's a fucking dead ghost now)

... Great, now i gotta play that gam too.

Did you ever intentionally fail Path 2? If you fail it Median kills the goddess of life for allowing his child to "die" (which, as you should already know, she didn't), and the universe ends. If you beat Median, the other shit happens, so either way it's a badend.

She's more sane in grimgrimoire, being stuck as a ghost traveling through time kind of messed with whatever sanity she had left.

Median only loses to her when he is weakened by losing to you, if he beats you he is not weakened and easily kills the goddess.

>the only time the Devourlord questioned her path was when Dannette suicided on her.

Did everyone in this thread already beat the game or something lol

Yeah.

more or less

>all this casual mentioning of killing drazilians
and WE'RE the monsters?

it seemed like confusion more than anything.

she's her daddy's girl for sure

It gets very monotonous, it's an RTS along the lines of Starcraft of Age of Empires using cute girls and tomes of magic to summon fairies/eldritch abominations/skellingtons et cetera.

it's a pretty fun game though with a neat story

The game has a pretty neat story, the basic plot is you're a new student going into this magic academy and after 5 days everyone dies a horrible death and before you die you get sent back to the first day like a groundhog week, from there you try and figure out why everything went to shit and why are you going back in time over and over.

Drazil is genociding haephnes' world.
Speaking of which, can someone remind me why Haephnes never steps in herself? Wait, why'd vigilance become gig again?

Oh, i know the game, i played a bit when it came out 9 years ago but couldn't bring myself to get good at it. Maybe this time i'm not that stupid? I would appreciate some tips though, if you don't mind.

You don't kill Median. Virtuous does. Even if you win a fight with him, he just shrugs it off, then Virtuous goes and satisfies her need for murder
Going back in time and straight-up losing to him robs Virtuous of the opportunity to murder/death/kill him, and then he kills her a couple years later because Layna dies (possibly at the hands of Virtuous), too.

drazil brainwashed gig.

also
>danette sacrifices herself to provide a crimson tear
>LOL JK I HAD AN EXTRA ONE
dio you glorious piece of shit.

drazil doesn't really step up either, only thing he really does is mess with the strongest souls he obtains.

Murder boner.

No you don't. The gameplay is simply not fun or entertaining. Although you do get to hear another good role of gig's voice actor.

Anyone with the name Dio will always be a colossal piece of shit.

Not him but you can just roll things with an army of dragons, chimeras or demons.

what about odie?

get many resources, get the uber units and many of them asap when you can
it can get pretty hard at some points, but you only have to try hard in those fights

He was fucking gig? no wonder he was fucking great

Well he was going around mugging people.

Odie is fine.

w-what?

>Expecting him to NOT let the cow die

It's exactly what you think it is

Yuri is absolutely disgusting and she knows it.