Vampire Mask of the Bloodline

I decided to cave in and play the GOG version after reading a few threads here on Sup Forums.

I chose Gangrel for my first play through.
Are there any skills or abilities I should avoid?
Also, are there any other tips for a new player besides "Don't open it"?

Don't open it

Don't open it.

Don't fucking open it.

>that screenshot

Is that one of those "HD texture" packs?
Jesus.

Bunch of bombs inside the sarcophagus. John dimaggio's character is just chilling at the end with the mummy that inside of it, watching the fireworks he planted from outside the city limits. That's why you don't open it.

Also Snape kills dumbledore.

I have no idea I just saved it off of google.

Now I have to open it.

If you open the fridge in your haven before the final level there's a screamer/optional boss.

Don't open it.

Don't neglect combat skills even though social is the most fun.

Don't be an ass.

Don't invest in Intimidation. Persuasion is the king social stat and you'll generally have enough XP to dump into Seduce if you want your character to swing that way, but Intimidation is almost entirely worthless.

Set aside some XP for combat skills. Firearms are usually the best bet, especially since one of the final bosses is very difficult to beat without ranged attacks of some kind

Humanity gets handed out like candy. Don't sweat Humanity losses unless you play like a psycho and deliberately start killing people.

Don't open it.

Seduction is worthless.

Max out persuasion, then sneak/hacking, then melee, the firearms.

Sometime after the Grout mission you'll be sent a package by a mysterious courier. Don't open it.

If you play as a dude there are only like three instances where you can use seduction. Did you mean persuasion? Because that's the useful one.

i don't get it

Beckett goes out of his way for no gain at all to meet to and warn you to not in any circumstances open it

You can still use Seduction for easy blood dolls regardless of being a dude or chick, which is really why I brought it up in the first place. Otherwise, yeah, Persuasion is the only one you really need.

>ywn be as eloquent as LaCroix

>people who cant just play a game...

is the graveyard zombie killing even possible without celerity?

The graveyard is easy as shit. Ignore all the zombies that aren't near the gates, and just go back and forward using the grenade launcher.

Played recently and did it on my first try just going between gates using the cheap katana I was using the lastest Wesp patch thought so I don't know if this was the reason, I remembered it being much harder

at least post the correct version

>the grenade launcher.
you wot mate?

Okay look, there have suddenly been non stop VtMB threads on Sup Forums for a while now. Paradox, mates, you don't need to shill here. We already want your sequel or remake or remaster or rerelease or whatever the fuck you're gonna announce.

is there an option to make the dialogue boxes display more text?
Sometimes they get cut off.

>tfw toreador

Oh right, I completely forgot that it's not in the original game. I've been using Clan Quest for all these years.

lol fag

It's like that in the Vanilla. Wesp patch makes the game generally harder.
Well, at least you can put out some devastating critiques.

I hate to break it to you, but I honestly am new to this game. It was the sudden wave of threads that made me curious and interested in the game.

>Also, are there any other tips for a new player besides "Don't open it"?

>help the girl in the hospital
>get the wesp patch
>game will force you more and more into unavoidable combat as the game goes on (it's fine to ignore combat skills in the first hub, but if you aren't putting points into combat skills during the second hub, you'll probably gimp yourself later in the game)
>DON'T OPEN IT

All those years I've recommended the WESP patch without the Plus content but the stuff from 9.6 is really fucking cool.

>played this last week for the first time
>could have gotten the "cool no taking sides" ending
>my character just didn't gave a fuck so I decided to open it
>disapointment all around

stare at asses

>I decided to open it

You were literally, repeatedly, warned not to open it. Often by the one character who at no point tries to manipulate or screw you over. You got what you deserved.

ACTUAL SPOILER

It's rigged with enough explosives to level a building, it's not worth it.

Getting real tired of these bait spoilers

>tfw femgrel is corey from hotline miami 2

Nah, it's just a harmless gift from Jack! He was a pirate and he likes fun!

lol so what, Al Qaeda set it up?

Based Skelter.

How scary is this game, because I despise horror elements in games and am a huge fucking pussy.

Please respond.

It sits on my hard drive, but I haven't touched it yet.

Its worth going back to your apartment as you progress through the main missions, though if you dont do the sidequests to unlock a better home this will involve going out of your way a bit. But you get more emails as the game goes on and some of these lead to sidequests thatll get you more money and XP.

It's not very scary

people who say it's scary are memeing hard

There is just one scary level and that is early in the game. Just watch the mission on youtube. It's the hotel one

One level is a spoopy haunted hotel, equivalent to a carnival haunted house.

You're a big bad vampire, there's nothing for you to be afraid of.

There's nothing remotely scary. They try to with this Hotel mission that they tell you is "supposedly" haunted. It's a lie, though. Really easy hack and slash mission you'll get through in no time.

not really scary at all, except for the hotel level which is spoopy as fuck (not incredibly spoopy, but it caught me off guard the first time)

>open it
>receive a letter detailing and explosive romance written by an old vampire sea captain

you fags always exaggerate shit

Don't open what you fucking faggots?
The fridge? The one where you get some blood packs when you start the game?

>le spoopy meme
>haha skelletons amirite do I fit in lol
Stop fooling the user. There's nothing scary in this game, and you should play at night with lights out for maximum atmosphere enhancement and comfiness

Thanks friends, I guess I'll trust you and finally try it.

Holy shit, please tell me you didn't take those blood packs user.

I did. I recall no single indication that you shouldn't open a fucking fridge a single time.
How was I supposed to know?

>blood packs
you mean unicorn blood?

Melee in early game is very strong, later on you basically need firearms for the chink

Btw no spoilers please I just got at hollywood and I have to kill some slut in the Sin Bin at the moment

>Mask of the Bloodline

That's some nice collabo shite

The casket full of c4 that jack planted as a practical joke.

NAVY SEALS?
SPECIAL OPS?
C'MON, BITCH.

I am just pulling your leg. It is at the end of the game that you aren't supposed to open something.

Don't listen to that faggot. You're good. Just don't fuck that one crazy bitch.

god why is this so funny

Is the shortcut in Nosferatu warrens added by the unofficial plus patch? Any reason not to take it? I haven't heard anything good about the warrens

>Any reason not to take it?
The fun of going several through layers of geodudes and loss of blood?

>I'll give you a head start. You're the tortoise and I'm the hare -- a pissed-off, fuck-the-world hare with a score to settle and a thirst like the devil's own.

why is the edginess so cool

I love this shit

Wasn't a practical joke.

It was to fuck up the Camarilla.

we've looped back around to hating edgy shit to adoring over the top edgy shit.

like post-irony

>Wasn't a practical joke.
For you, camarilla cuck. For Jack and the outsiders it was funny as fuck seeing a city degrades so quickly over a shitty basket.

man, fuck all that

I've always been nostalgic for the apocalyptic razor's edge toxic waste shit that was so popular in the 90s

Don't listen to the unenlightened masses, Open it.

AYO
HOOL UP

what is she suggesting wit that dress ?

My first clan, and still one of my favorite playthroughs.

Objectively best-statted clan in the game
Probably the third clan they laid down the ideas for in the P&P
Completely irrelevant in the meta for both

a nose job, hopefully

obligatory VTMR piggyback

meant for

>he actually fucked with that Thin Blood

Just because they forgot to add a Humanity hit doesn't mean you're not a piece of shit

why is Christof so pissed off?

Is there anything they can't do

It's a shame there is absolutely zero punk in the setting anymore. It was mostly gone by Revised and V20 is completely scoured clean

because VUKODLAK

swim

Bertram is a bro

Got Harbingers of Skulls? I remember my mate in highschool use to talk always about them and how fucking god tier they ware