Sup Forums honest opinion of Tetsuya Nomura? I love the guy...

Sup Forums honest opinion of Tetsuya Nomura? I love the guy. He's the only guy left at Square that still gives a shit about making good fun games and puts so much passion into his work. Also, look at how far he's come. He started as a debugger for Final Fantasy 4, to getting his big break with Final Fantasy 7, to creating Kingdom Hearts and now he's one of the most iconic figures in gaming. Plus, he's best friends with Kojima

Still hurts we will never see his true vision for Final Fantasy XV.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8
youtube.com/watch?v=WEKNUCjcrMY&t=4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He's the only guy left at Square that still gives a shit about making good fun games and puts so much passion into his work.

You don't know that.

I like him. But I'm not/v/

He said himself that he's making KH 3 out of the burning anger he's had deep inside him. I guess he's still pissed that Square fucked him over with XV

You're genuinely forgetting Ito, the only other good director/producer still left in the Square portion of Squeenix.
Ito is the guy who directed FF6, FF9 and FF12.

>You're genuinely forgetting Ito
Square literally forgot about him

This. Hopefully the rumors are true that he and the XII team have been working on XVI

Rumour has been going for about a year or two that he's working on a new project with his team (that isnt FF12 HD). Some speculate it's FF16 or some new Ivalice spinoff game.

He looks like the angel version of Suda51

He's alright but man is the KH story a giant clusterfuck.

It isn't if you aren't a retard that skipped games.
Seriously it's extremely easy and simple to follow despite Sup Forums memes, made by retards who skipped every single game that wasn't KH1 and KH2.

Kingdom hearts is really bad now hope he turns shit around for 3 because it's going downhill fast at this point.

I would suck a dick for a Nomura + Kojima game. The story would be "I eat crayons" retarded but my god would it be the most fun game ever made

He's a hack

All he does is crazy hair and belts. I don't think he could design a good character, let alone a good game, to save his life

It's not hard to understand if you play the games but it's terribly written

>but its terribly written
Now you're moving the goalposts.
Your original argument was "clusterfuck".
Clusterfuck = hard to follow

Keep moving them goalposts you little bitch boy

So all they have left is Nomura, Ito, Toriyama and Tabata? Nomura and Ito are good. Toriyama is a waifu loving nutjob and Tabata is just incomptent lying piece of shit

Man you are incredibly uninformed

I'm not the user who called it a clusterfuck just pointing out it being a clusterfuck isn't what's wrong with the story it's just bad

I absolutely love the work he did on FF7, look how beautiful this artwork is, but...

Correct. Everyone else who mattered left.
I'm not counting Hori since the Enix portion of Squeenix is self-contained and Square portion has no impact on it so Hori can keep making Dragon Quest however he likes.

7 years versus

this

This guy probably is a mess directing and managing games and I have heard that the guy has a lot and when I say a lot i say A LOT of pride.

That said, he truly is a very good creative artist and what he wants to plasm in games has soul and feels.

He is poorly efficient but at the end the guy gives stellar results with time and budget.

Somewhere along the road he went full retard and it's so frustrating! every modern nomura character looks the same and it looks like shit, i don't know if it was because he needed his artwork to match console graphic but it's like watching dr.jekyl and mr.hyde, i think TWEWY was the last game where the good nomura appeared

Pictured, it's not a dude with eyeliner it's apparently hatsune miku

Aya is a generic blonde

It's just Tifa with blonde hair. I mean for fuck's sake the man has no creative talent at all. He's a good ARTIST in the sense that he can draw well, but he can't create anything new and interesting for shit.

He's a great character designer, but as far as game director or story writer, he's competent but he can be a bit too 'out there', a la Nomura. But it would trust him more than the clowns like Tabata and Toriyama who gave us FF13 and nu-FF15.

i really want him to do well on KH3 and the FF7 remake, i know he's got a lot of pressure on his shoulders and i just hope they both turn out at least decent, and then he'll fuck off and join some other studio since he doesn't deserve to be treated like this

Compared to other veteran devs/designers from the peak of the Squaresoft days, he's a complete hack.

Compared to the incompetent retards running the show at Square Enix today, he's the last living savior of JRPG kind.

Kinda more a dig of how bad squuenix is than how important he is as a dev.

So fucking hyped

The "genericness" worked well, though. She was supposed to look like an attractive, but normal and casually dressed person.

KH 1
KH 2
KH 3
KH 1.5
KH 2.5
KH 2.8
KH 0.2
>It equals to 13

I didn't know there were so many king of the hill games

The fact that 1 and 2 are being counted is retarded considering they're already in 1.5 and 2.5 respectively
It's just a hell of a stretch on Nomura's part

>Tabata
>incompetent

At least he didn't sit on his ass for 7 years doing jack shit. He got something done despite executive meddling and deadlines and was able to deliver a decent product.

Nomura is literally the: "what if we let the main artist being a director"

Normally directors tell the team their vision and artists do what they think it match, it's never 100% accurate but it's close.

Here you have the main artist giving life to the world and characters he is creating so the situation is a win win.

The problem is that normally artists are shit in other roles, Nomura is lucky because he was working close at the side with directors like Ito since he started at the company so he learn some things. The guy is a little messy and takes him a lot of time to finish a fucking game but at least they are good.

Nomura is fucking great, XV-kun can suck Tabatas dick all he wants but Tabata will never be as good or as famous as Nomura. Ever.

He released a clearly unfinished game. It's not even up for debate either. Final Fantasy XV is unfinished .

>At least he didn't sit on his ass for 7 years doing jack shit.

Neither did Nomura. Nomura waited patiently for the fucking crystals tools engine to be in a functional state for how many years before they decided it's fucking shit and scrapped it? 5.

Then he waited patiently for XIV to be fixed because crystal tools fucked it over too.

In those 7 years he directed and produced how many games? more than 10.

In the same time span Tabata spend 5 fucking years developing a fucking psp game that turned out to be completely shit that "coincidentally" has the exact story/narrative/characterization problems FFXV has.

And another 4 years to develop 3rd birthday which ALSO suffered from the same exact fucking problems and also was a fucking psp crap game that ruined the parasive eve series.

Tabata is fucking shit. Fuck off with your shitty director, he is only good as a co-director. Taking orders and executing them like a good dog is all he is good for and that's exactly why they let him direct XV, because he does exactly as he is told from the higher ups and has zero creative vision of his own.

Nice meme, 0.2 is part of 2.8.

I will suck his dick for all eternity if he makes The World Ends With You Too

I don't think I have ever played a bad Nomura game and I hope he continues this winning streak with khIII. Hes the only director that genuinely deserves all the dick sucking Sup Forums gives him.

He just did the character designs

>Sup Forums has gotten so shit that now Nomura is seen as a genius because Tabata got stuck cleaning up his mess and didn't do the best job of it

He was the creative producer and TWEWY is his series now. He even said so himself . He said he wants to make the sequel to TWEWY but his schedule is backed up currently

He was also the producer/creative producer of the game and had a big role in coming up with the original concept. He also created the character backstories just like he does with every character he draws.

It's exactly for this reason that anyone that want a sequel either asks him in interviews or the director himself.

>Tabata dindu nuffin wrong
Nice track record too.

Tabata fucked up all the good things we seen from Versus and turned it into an unfinished jumbled mess

He's a good artist but too much of an autist.

At least he's a lovable autist.

>replaced generic blonde girl #1 with generic blonde girl #2

WAAAHHHHHHH FUCK YOU TABATA YOU RUINED THE WHOLE GAME

You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

Can you explain why you think Stella is so much more compelling than Luna?

So? That's not Tabata's fault. He would have extended the deadline if he could but he couldn't because of SE. He's making it up with free patches. The game as it is currently is still playable.

Because Nomura created her of course. That automatically makes a well written and compelling character.

That was not the point of the discussion nor is the replacement of a single heroine with another heroine the only change that happened in the transition to XV from Versus.

You implied that Luna replacing Stella was the only thing Tabata changed in the game, which is completely false.

Also i understand that it wasn't exactly Tabatas fault for doing as many changes as he did since those changes were demanded by the higher ups to condense the trilogy to a single game, so Tabata is not at fault changing stuff. He is at fault for changing the interesting stuff for what ended up being inferior to the versus concepts and also executing all these changes horribly.

Stella is not the problem. Every single change and the execution was the problem. TBT proved to be a very bad director. He is still a good developer for having only 3 years to create the game as it is in its final form.

I know you are "i eat crayons" retarded and I know you will suck Tabata's cock at any chance but it's not for debate that Tabata scrapped majority of everything Nomura built

youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

youtube.com/watch?v=WEKNUCjcrMY&t=4s

All of this shit is cut/changed. When you have to go back and patch the game's story and features that SHOULD have already been just means you fucked up and released an unfinished clusterfuck of a game

He needs to leave Square and start his own company so Square can finally die

As long as FFXIV exists SE won't die.

Luna was in the 2013 trailer while Stella was nowhere to be found. Nomura was still director at the time so isn't it his fault that she got scrapped?

Nomura is one of the few pure game lovers in the industry.

His whole philosophy is to make a game as enjoyable as possible. He puts in more work by himself than probably some small companies. Whatever that's Square slavedriving or his own passion, I'll never know.

Luna was not in the 2013 trailer, take your theories somewhere else. Again you keep bringing up the change in heroines and keep ignoring the rest of the changes the game went through.

Also if you're going to bring up the usual "stella and noctis only met at the party scene for the first time" bullshit then shut it. Nobody needs your trash theories. Go back to twitter kun.

All the changes happened in 2014 and the Luna/Stella is just the tip of the iceberg. Nobody actually gives a shit about a name. The problem was with the overall change in tone/theme of the story and it's actual plot. Like the invasion, like the supporting casts role etc.

It's like i am talking to a wall. You can keep spouting LUNA LUNA but Luna, just like Stella is nothing and nobody that actually cares about XV gives a shit. Only shitposters keep bringing up Stella to troll your shit up.

I love him.

>the man who created the visual style of TWEWY
>the man who created the premise and setting of FFXV
>can't create anything new or interesting

>takes him a lot of time to finish a game
He's been doing yearly KH titles since 2007

Also, he told the team for Re:coded to have it finished in like seven months

I honestly always hated him, because I got to see him ruin a lot of shit in real time.

FFVII was the only thing he was good on, because Sakaguchi was a producer with an iron fist.

Nomura looks like a likeable guy. Kojima looks like a pretentious cunt.

Sakaguchi didn't do shit on FF7 because his mother died and he withdrew from the project. He was credited as producer because he is fucking Sakaguchi and everyone respected him.

His FF7 was completely different from what we got and he only worked on it before his mothers death.

>Nomura wants to make sure the games are top notch fun
>Tabata casualized FF XV because he's gotten older and can't keep up
Fuck Tabata so much

nomura is the best hack in the gaming industry. Same as his fuck buddie KOJIMA

How is he a hack?

When was the last time Nomura appeared live? The last thing I remember was the KH3 announcement, but that was just a video.

Whose idea was it to get Tabata of all people to direct XV anyway? Aside from all of his previous work being decent at best and way WAY smaller scale than XV he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who should be a director. I don't think he's particularly bad or anything but I feel like he's the kind of guy who'd be more comfortable as a manager or something who makes sure everything stays on track rather than actually being at the helm of the project.

Hack = "person I don't like"

nobody mentioned Stella or Luna you fucking autist

He's made appearances here and there, most notably the special KH events in California and I think he was at the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -First Breath- performance

Normally he's a bit of a homebody as I understand

He's every Deviantart fanfic writer, if they lucked into an actual job. KH is literally edgelord crossover fanfic, it uses all the same cliches and tropes that Deviantart loves, the only difference is the big budget and actual sanction of the properties it uses. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.

Nobody was available besides Tabata. Nomura had to do KH 3 and FF 7 Remake, Toriyama is doing a secret project and Ito is rumored to be working on FF 16. Tabata became director by default

He can't finish a game to save his life. Dude needs to stop thinking up crazy bullshit and just hunker down.

I'm willing to bet you're same fagging

I want this meme to die. There has been a new KH game for years now

No he hasn't. Tai Yasue has been largely responsible for the series since Nomura was busy jacking himself off with Versus XIII. Nomura basically served the same purpose on those games as he does FF7R; look at it every once in a while.

Yes, thanks to the Osaka Team and Tai Yasue. Nomura was too busy wasting his and the 2 team's time on Versus.

I remember when everyone on Sup Forums hated him before all the underage faggots became old enough to post here.

He's done some decent, interesting things with KH's combat system over the years but that's literally his only redeeming quality. He's awful at directing games and he's even worse at storytelling and writing. Anyone delusional enough to believe that Versus XIII would have had a good plot (assuming it would've been released at all under his management) is nothing more than a tasteless fanboy, plain and simple.

Stop trying to discredit Nomura . He's great and you're not

/thread

>2007 circa KH2FM+
>2008 circa Coded
>2009 circa 358/2 days
>2010 circa BBS
>2011 got me there
>2012 circa DDD
>2013 circa 1.5 remix built from scratch and new browser game
>2014 circa 2.5 remix
>2015 circa Unchained X, mobile international game
>2016 got me there
>2017 circa 2.8 remix, this remix including not one games worth of new content but two
It averages out to yearly releases user

[citation needed]

I still refuse anyone likes the story in the KH games, but then I see topics like this. If it weren't for the Goofy factor, KH would be insufferable.

>too many belts
>too much jap high fashion cringe
Otherwise would have made a far superior Versus 13

He's a weird director. He's made some pretty great games like KH1 and KH2 and horrible garbage like BBS and DDD. I think he might not be the auteur everyone thinks he is.

>Whose idea was it to get Tabata of all people to direct XV anyway?

The same people who thought it was a good idea to make talentless Nomura a director of another Final Fantasy game.

>Tai Yasue is director on every hame post 2 and the Osaka Team is credited as the dev team

Nomura is mostly useless, deal with it.

BBS was a solid 7/10 gameplay and 9/10 story
Wasn't garbage
DDD I will agree was 6/10 in both aspects

Nomura is complete fucking garbage and ruined the Final Fantasy series with his fucking awful character designs. Only good directors Square had were Sakaguchi and Matsuno and they fucked them.

I like Nomura because he has a sense of fun, thats sadly pretty damn rare in vidya these days.

His renditions of Amano designs are pretty dope tho.

You seriously can't be this retarded

user are you under age? You don't seem to know what a citation is.