Will 500 watts support this build or will it need many changes?

Will 500 watts support this build or will it need many changes?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10,4616-9.html
youtu.be/LbpqkiaO7q4
youtu.be/VIF43-0mDk4
youtube.com/watch?v=4zAdwedmj1M&t=3s
xtremegaminerd.com/build-a-500-killer-gaming-pc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

500 should be more than what that build needs. You should be fine.

So i don't need 500? I was considering getting a 430.

500 is more than what you need. But for how low you go that should be up to you. We don't know you plan on going crossfire in the future, for example.

Here's a link to help you decide.

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-480-polaris-10,4616-9.html

Alright, thanks, i think i'm going to only need a 430 power supply.

Don't cheap out, you can destroy your system.

So i should stick to 500 or get 450 instead? This is my first build and i'm already having trouble.

just pirate windows

u need BBC levels of wattage.

I don't know what that means...can you please explain for me?

it means im going to fuck your wife.

500 is fine, do you really need the dvd writer and the 98$ OS? coz you can easily just convert those to an SSD

I have a lot of games on dvds, but how much does an ssd cost? I'm on a tight budget and i'm already going over it.

do you have a win7 or win8 key? If you do, you can use it to legally activate windows 10 and use those $100 on some other component

This laptop and my desktop have Windows 10, so no.

A 350W PSU is more than enough. Just make sure to buy a quality one with at least:
>OCP
>OVP
>UVP
>OPP
>OTP
>SCP

a 120gb -250gb ssd will run anywhere from 49-80$, if you really need a legit key oem sellers sell them cheaper, you can also remove the cpu cooler the stock cooler that comes with your cpu is fine

Alright then, but i don't know how to install stuff with an ssd or even know how to get anything on an ssd.

If you want to make sure you don't fuck it up, when you are going to install OS just make sure only the SSD is plugged in at the time.

But i still know nothing about downloading stuff with an ssd, does a windows key come with an installer or iso? I don't get it, sorry that i'm a dumbass. Where do i plug the ssd? Again, sorry for my stupidity

an ssd acts pretty much the same as a hdd you just install the os on it instead of the hdd , also get a 2x4gb ram kit so you can run in dual channel mode, i'd recommend a wdblue or toshiba 1tb instead of a seagate but if you can't find em cheap the seagate will b fine

Okay, so it serves the same purpose, but how do i get the key in ssd in the first place, i'm sorry. Does a key do the same thing as a windows disk would?

That's a pretty disingenuous picture user.

The vast majority of games don't gain anything from single vs dual channel.

Whichever your OS is installed is should become the default to where things are downloaded. If you have more than one drive you will see them in the file explorer.

When installing OS, you will need to go into BIOS (press delete when turning on computer for the first time) and set boot location to be from USB, CD, or whatever you're installing from. Then turn off and back on again and it should automatically begin to try install OS.

Here's a video that should help you out. youtu.be/LbpqkiaO7q4

Also, these should be beneficial as well.
youtu.be/VIF43-0mDk4
youtube.com/watch?v=4zAdwedmj1M&t=3s

>and my desktop

if your desktop has a retail key just reinstall it on your new stuff, if its an oem key that came preinstalled then you're probably screwed. in most cases personal/home users can call the activation line and go through the automated challenge code process and re-activate it on a new machine. i did this a few times with xp and 7 and re-activated fine.

>But i still know nothing about downloading stuff with an ssd
you download the same as with an hdd
>does a windows key come with an installer or iso?
a windows key is a code that you get from microsoft when you opt buy a retail copy of your os the retail copy is a cd with a code on the box
>Where do i plug the ssd?
into the sata connector on your motherboard the same as your hdd

I thank you user for everything, but since i'm an impatient shit, i think i'm just going to use the standard disk, sorry you wasted your time with my dumbass.

i3-6100 comes with a stock cooler. Use that until it gets too hot. 6th gen intel runs really cool.

drop the DVD drive unless you want to use it as a cupholder

spend the money you saved on a SSD.

>i3
bottleneck right there. That CPU should be paired with a GTX1050ti max

Your PSU will be most power efficient at about 50-60% load so get your system in that sweetspot & you'll be making back the investment in no time on your electricity bill.

So an i3 should not go with a rx 480?

it will be fine until devs figure out how to use more than 2 cores effectively.

It actually beats most i5 in single threaded performance.

Alrighty then, i really want to stick to a 480

No, an i3 bottlenecks the GTX1060 and Nvidia runs better with dual cores/older cpus than AMD. Go for the 1050ti. It is extremely power efficient.

OP, don't fall for the i3-6100 meme. Its a total bottleneck for even a GTX960-tier card. I recently did my first build with an i3-6100 and a 1060 and I had to upgrade the cpu to a i5-6600. Modern games rely too much on multi thread processing, it seems.

Will i have to sacrifice performance and graphics if i switch from an rx480 to the 1050ti.

yes

Yes

Damn, but are you sure an i3 can't support an rx480?

just did a i3 6100 + gtx 1060 3gb build, is it really that much of a performance killer? from what I hear a lot of stuff doesn't use multi-threaded chips very well, but I figure I'd be upgrading that sooner than later

It can, but be aware that it will be the part of your computer in the biggest need of an upgrade.

Your build should be fine and I think you will be happy with the performance, but just be aware there that it has a lot of room for upgrades and improvement in the future.

xtremegaminerd.com/build-a-500-killer-gaming-pc/

is this a decent build for 500? My dad is giving me 500 dollars to make a PC for Christmas and all my friends buy prebuilt stuff while telling me to not buy prebuilt shit.

Itll run some stuff just fine, just dont expect to get gtav or bf1 running at 60fps ultra even with a 1080.

>3GB
The idea is to upgrade the gpu, not the cpu. Get a decent cpu + mobo to avoid completely repurchasing your pc once you finally get around to saving up what you shouldve the first run at it.

Well i'm on a budget, i did consider a 3gb 1060, but decided to go for a rx480, why are people telling me that an i3 and a rx480 together is a not so great idea if it's just fine.

>why are they telling me...

Either look it up or you'll find out soon enough.

Fucking newfag.

People are just trying to give you as much information as possible.

If you spend any amount of time at all asking about computer parts on here, you will get:
>buying X
>when Y is better
>when Z is just around the corner

The final decision of when and what to buy is yours, just know there will always be something better. i3's are pretty low tier and you should ideally buy an i5 with your setup, but the decision and on how much you're willing to spend is up to you.

The i3-6100 is an overpriced piece of shit.
A Pentium G4600 is practically the same CPU but for less money.

I actually looked this one up recently for this reason. The G4600 is missing AVX extension. I have no idea if anything uses it though.

Really, its more of a "do you want to bet $100 that the games you plan to play don't use more than 2 threads before I upgrade" thing.

So my current build is okay? I can just stick with the i3 and rx480?

Ask yourself how many years you want to go without upgrading your CPU.

Then ask yourself if you think devs won't use more than 2 threads within that timeframe.

personally, I think consoles will hold video games back for another 4ish years.

I don't even play that many recent games, but i still like having good graphics, i know i will have to upgrade soon, but for now and my budget, i think an i3 is good enough.

there's your answer.

You'll have a large backlog of console ports to play through on high with this setup.

Thank you user, my happiness is still with me and i'm finally happy with my build.