Went into this game expecting a train wreck sequel brought to us by EA...

went into this game expecting a train wreck sequel brought to us by EA, but I've to admit that I actually like dead space 2 even more than the original.
the production value is AAA+: the game looks and sounds beautiful, despite its age.
I don't mind the linear leveldesign that leads to more controlled setpieces and the overall more 'cinematic' approach. the stronger focus on storytelling and character dialogue definitely adds to the game.
and I'm very, very happy about the fact that they didn't went all out on epic, scripted action instead of a slow atmosphere build up. dead space 2 is definitely a horror game with a very strong atmosphere.

what do you guys think about dead space2 aka the last AAA horror game ever released?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/amy_hennig?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dead Space 2 ruined the franchise u utter faggot. WHere first had the atmosphere- Second just goes all gore apeshit hollywood. The weapons are stronger, the game feels the same. Dead Space 2 and onward is ruined shit franchise.

You're confusing Dead Space 2 with Dead Space 3, good job.

>overall more 'cinematic' approach
This is a bad thing.

Fuck off faggot. Come back when you acquirred some taste. DS2 starts with a Necrofaggot screaming in your face. That is the teen horor it wants to deliver. Fuck off with ur pretty gay ass non scary TPS faggotry.

I liked Dead Space 1 at first, but it's one of those cases where the game actually felt a bit too long with all those revisits on already visited sectors of Ishimura. Perhaps DS2 is good, but 1 didn't exactly leave a hunger for a sequel.

>faggot
>pretty gay ass
>faggotry
Your projecting aside, Dead Space 2 is still a good horror game in its own right with small pockets of more "action-oriented" scenes. It held the same atmosphere as its predecessor, albeit in a different environment and with more characters.

I played Dead Space 3 expecting it to be a horrible misstep in design that many people claimed it to be. But I actually thought there were a lot of ideas in them that I thought were the right steps.

> first had the atmosphere
Currently playing first game on my first playtrough.
Chapter 9 on hard, plasma cuter, force gun, pulse riffle fully upgraded at this point.
One point in air and one in kinesis, health packs is something I sell mostly.

First game had atmosphere to some point in game, currently on USM Valor b4 the room with laser going wild and I think they ruined atmosphere with constant combat.
At some point you dont even have time to be scared when you get wave of enemies after wave.
The only time you get a time to stop and get creeped out by atmosphere is after the combat when you know this room is clean already.

At some point meeting those black necros was cool and unnerving but after getting frequent black leapers and slashers I kinda feel relieved when I see wave of regular necros.
After combat in the atrium with black leapers and slashers and those necros carrying exploding sacks, they kinda lost their novelty since I pretty much seen them up close on many occasion and walked away unscathed.

It was fucking scary in the beginning, that surrounding, that fucking hospital bathed in blood, the very first necros, leapers, baby necros, pregos, that slenderman thing, twitchers.
If they were to threw at me one or two once in a while and make it challenging I would probably still be on my toes but since I move down wave after wave of all kind of necros, it just lost horror element.

At the beginning it was too much pressure for me to play trough it longer than couple of hours at day but now I can sit at night with lights off and loud sound.

>DS2 starts with a Necrofaggot screaming in your face.

30 seconds in ds1 you have necrofaggots killing half your squad, this is literally the beginning of every cheap action horror movie ever, you are the one who should shut the fuck up.

>jumpscares
neohorror

Well yeah, the Hunter is really the only enemy that managed to make me nervous during the latter half of the game. There's just too much of those basic necromooks, you get completely tired of them killing off all suspense.

>the Hunter is really the only enemy that managed to make me nervous during the latter half of the game.

First meeting with hunter was tense (didnt get really spooked because was busy shooting the damn thing, all the time I was spooked was hunter making his presence known but not attacking)
Damn thing with his yellow glowing eyes stasis hanging in the air with his legs and arms blown 20 cm from my face.

DS2 had too many jumpscares, but it was still good. I liked the first one more though. It's a shame that DS3 is a steaming pile of shit, it could've been a really good trilogy.

I agree with this. DS2 wasn't a bad game but it completely missed the point of why the first one was so good, and instead turned it into a generic action game.

DS3 on the other hand, it could have been okay if
>the game actually took place in space and not some arctic base
>all the stupid subplots got dropped
>not locking certain missions behind co-op only
>removing the OP and broken crafting system

/thread

the general consensus is that 2 had better production values, better gameplay, but 1 had the better overall atmosphere and fear factor.

3 was a chucklefuck of a game and sadly is the reason why there isn't anymore DS games.

The fact that you fight with humans in DS3 ruined the atmosphere for me.

fuck yeah dead space thread

>Amy Hennig confirmed for joining Visceral games
>maybe one day Visceral will break away from EA
>maybe they'll take the dead space rights with them
>maybe they'll remake it like REmake 1
>maybe simon templeman will even get added in somehow

god please

my man

Is there a real source for this? Pls God I want DS4

Death animations in Dead Space are god tier, I wish more games had those instead of generic ragdolling when you die.

just google it, nerd

c'mon, now

twitter.com/amy_hennig?lang=en

>Creative Director, Star Wars project @VisceralGames @EA Creative Director & Writer, #Uncharted series & Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series. Opinions are my own.

>FUCK YOU
>AND FUCK YOUR MARKER

that part was great

I was angry and isaac expressed that anger perfectly

>your squad

You're in a mental hospital where they brainwash Isaac.

And it's also ironic because unless you play on the highest difficulty you rarely die in that game.

True, thank god there's youtube.