Buyers remorse thread

Buyers remorse thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/162133862822?hash=item25bfee69a6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Elite Dangerous Horizons
XCOM 2
Literally all full price PC games I bought in this decade.

>he didn't hook it up with ethernet for fast streaming

I've absolutely loved mine though

I hook it up with an ethernet cord, but I also went ahead and modified the config file to get past steam's shitty 30 mbit limit.

The video streaming isn't the problem. There's practically no input lag and the video quality is great.

My issues comes from the absolutely garbage issues from the audio. I've tried all the solutions I've found online and forums, and none of them work. When they do work, it's only temporary. To fix it, I would have to go back to my computer and mess with the sound settings every single time I boot up the steam link.

I don't really understand the appeal of the Link. I mean yeah, my desktop weighs 50lbs+, but it's not that terrible to carry it down to my TV to hook up with an HDMI cable for the few times I want to play vidya on a bigger screen.

*30 mbps limit, not mbit.

I bought an Xbox One S to watch Narcos. It's been collecting dust since :(

This is what happens when you're signal, a minimalist, and have a 6 figure salary.

>Paid $90 for NMS Limited Edition
>only spent 4 hours on it

Go ahead and laugh at me

why the fuck did you fall the the NMS meme dude

i could smell that turd sean was cooking from a mile away

I JUST WANT A COMFY SPACE SIM AND IM A CONSOLEFAG

JUST

Spongebob and buyer's remorse thread?

>Bought a PS4

I PMed you the fix

>own a steam link
>own a Wii u
>own a ps4 pro
And I love all of them, suck it.

>Paid $90 for NMS Limited Edition
>only spent 4 hours on it
Reinstall it. It got a free content enhancement patch.

i bought cs:go on a sale for $15 in january and i have 2 hours played

i did

it changed from worth 5 bucks to 10 bucks

Only way they can make the game worth the money is FUCKING MULTIPLAYER

>it changed from worth 5 bucks to 10 bucks
I'm going to buy it, once it's 5-10 bucks used.

>2011 Christmas Sale
>end up with a copy of ARMA 2 Complete
>traded it for Nuclear Dawn because my idiot friend said it was good and wanted someone to play with
>could have held onto it and traded for better games

FUCK YOU TIM, NUCLEAR DAWN SUCKED

>XCOM 2
No regrets on that here. Got a good 60 hours or so out of it.

My steam link works well.

>gameplay fucked up (timers, balancing)
>diversity cast (monkey scientist breaks immersion)
>runs at literal 23.976 fps.

such a gorgeous game, but there's nothing more than that

I don't want to make a thread so... Steam has a rule of not letting anyone that hasn't paid more than $5+ for a game to chat or add friends etc.. Would giving a steam key for a game to this person I want to play with resolve this problem? Or do they have to pay for the game themselves through steam?

complete meme opinion, sans the performance issues

the fucking drought of games, I played melee until my eyes bleed.

>meme opinion
I'm sorry, but I decide what breaks my immersion and which gameplay changes kill the the endless fun of the first game.
This is a buyer's remorse thread.

>6 figure salary but too stupid to spell single

Hmmmm

Do you have to use the steam controller with it?

Probably a mobileposter

Never finished it.

of course not. you can use almost everything that you'd want to, unless you want to use ouya pad or something older than 7th gen. even the wii u pro works.

Does the controller connect to the steam link or to the pc?

steam link, but now that I think about it, since your PC is still displaying the game normally, it would probably work either way limited by the controller range. not much reason to do that though

steam link: when you are too stupid to use an HDMi cable

Bought a fucking 3DS shortly after launch because my friend convinced me it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I played like two games on it and then traded it in. Fucking Nintendo.

>tfw going to buy a ps4 soon
>constantly worried that Sup Forums isn't memeing and it's actually a terrible purchase

I just use a 45ft HDMI cable and snake it to my living room, then use a steam controller.

Works fine if you're just a room away and not on different floors.

I've been thinking about putting one in the bedroom, didn't think it would have the drivers and all that for a 360 controller

Well, it's clearly not for people with single-bedroom apartments. unless you can find me a ~130 foot hdmi cable for around 20 bucks which is what I paid, I'm sticking with this solution. not to mention constantly having to switch primary display monitors so the games launch on the right screen, and audio output devices, every time you want to move rooms. I do have a wireless keyboard and mouse, but they don't work through that many walls. Are you gonna find me a keyboard that works that far away too, or maybe instead I could hardwire a 130 foot usb extender through the walls alongside the magical hdmi cable?

Steam Link or 50ft HDMI cable?

Are you the same dipshit who made the "Gabe why?" thread?
Did a steam link kill your parents or something?

Steam Link has its share of problems too. Especially with audio output.

HDMI is a pain with video problems with having to switch between primary screens as you mentioned
Link is a pain with audio problems with having to switch between default audio devices

I would love mine more but there's clearly scenarios they didn't bother to test and have yet to fix even a year after it launched.it seems like they completely abandoned it too.

can i use this to watch anime on the couch or does it have to be a game added to steam or something

not going to add a media player to steam or some retarded workaround like that.

It'll stream whatever is on screen. Doesn't have to be steam.

is it bad?
I was going to get it but then heard about the & Poochy version and decided to wait.

I haven't had that issue, not to say "works on my machine" but I'm just curious. Does it happen with every game or some? I'm using a usb dac on the host pc, and I haven't touched any audio settings.

Autist with a steam link and many controllers here

>Steam controller
Works wired and wireless, easiest to pair wirelessly since you just hit home+x and it pairs, doesn't need a dongle
>PS3 controller
wired and wireless, pairs by connecting over usb and hitting home
>PS4 controller
wired and wireless, can be paired without anything else if you fuck around with a usb cable and put it in pairing mode, not nearly as easy as PS3
>360
Wired and wireless with the dongle
>Xbone
wired only. The wireless dongle doesn't work and the bluetooth model is broken atm. Maybe a fix will come later
>Wii U Pro
Wireless only, needs another controller paired to access the bluetooth menu first

They all show up as a 360 controller, but the Steam Beta has native DS4 support which lets you customize it like a Steam controller

The fuck?
Xbone S is a great value and I almost never play games on it.
>4k bluray
>good netflix app
>plex app is good though plagued with some audio codec problems. Dlna and native player fixes all this
>playing my UWP on it isn't amazing. But it's better than streaming and costs nothing.
Honestly most underated console.

mother fuck, I just got an xbone controller (the new BT one) and that stupid giant dongle since they added W7 support for it. I suppose I'll break out a DS3.

It displays what is on your monitor. But it is real time streaming meant for games/interactuon. So you are better off just getting something with a plex app or dlna support user.

It's decent but I got badly distracted by all the collectibles and it kinda just put me off from finishing when he couldn't find shit.

One feature I enjoyed is that pretty early on you unlock the ability to play with Poochy in almost every level, he even helps sniff out some secrets for you.

I thought Poochy was exclusive to the 3DS version.

Bone controller works,bu only the newer stock ones with Bluetooth.

It's a pain in the ass to get working though. Once you have it synched, I don't recommend impairing it or using it on another devices unless you want to go back and forth again with pairing and unpairing until it finally accepts inputs.

How did you get yours working?
Mine shows up in the bt menu but never actually syncs

No, you use him on the Wii U by buying the Poochy badge for the level you want him on. I didn't even know there was a 3ds version.

Is the input lag noticeable and does the video look compressed?

I bought an xbone to play master chief collection with my old halo buddies.

Too bad the game was broken and xbone lost most all of its exclusives to pc...

whatcha get for buying that furfag shit

Nice quints

bought this turd on launch and every single game made me think "this game deserves to be on a better console"

It's a product for a specific need. If you don't have that need but still buy it, seek some help.

The only furbait is this guy.

Bought one, played everything I was interested in on it over a month, then it sat unused for two years until my nephews came to visit.

I don't want to buy any nintendo hardware anymore. They can't support it.

it's releasing in February. With extra Poochy only levels and some Yarn animations, also a Poochy amiibo

you should still play

get drops

make that money back

Not for me, no.

Basically what I described at the end

Keep pairing and unpairing until it works.

Input lag on mine is less than 1ms. It's the display lag that's the kicker,even then it's hardly a noticeable if your connection is good enough.

Compression is non existent if your you have it hooked up properly. A common misconception people have is that the Steam Link depends on your ISP but that has jack shit to do with it. A good router and proper cables should do.

Where things does get questionable though is the frame drops.ive never been able to get my Steam Link to remain at a stable 60fps. It always hovers around 40-60fps. Strider can make it down to the 30s.

I haven't found an option where you can lock the frame rate down.

I had a specific need for it.

It didn't meet that need because the product is busted with no solution from the manufacturer.

I'm glad to hear this because I got one for Black Friday and am yet to try it yet.

Sounds CPU intensive.

Let me guess, it's defaulting back to Stereo, right?
Your amp isn't continuing to broadcast EDID information after its turned off. That means that the Steam Link no longer recognizes it as being multi-channel capable, so it defaults back to stereo. I had the exact same problem hooking my computer up to my Yamaha reciever. You need a EDID Spoofer. You can use that to make it so the Steam Link continues to receive the required EDID information even when the amp is turned off.

ok

>Reddit spacing

I've been on this shit site for over 10 years and have always typed like this.

The only real solution I've seen that isn't, "haha, did you reset your steam link :^]"

I'll give it a try

>Where things does get questionable though is the frame drops.ive never been able to get my Steam Link to remain at a stable 60fps. It always hovers around 40-60fps. Strider can make it down to the 30s.
>I haven't found an option where you can lock the frame rate down.

hol up, does the host PC encode the video stream with the CPU or GPU? depending on how old the game is, GPU encoding could be a huge performance loss.

Not

an

argument

The solution I describe (using an EDID spoofer) will only work if your problem is indeed the aforementioned "not remembering the stereo setting after you turn your amp off" issue.

On the spoofer I have, the setting I needed was the 1080p HD option (with the "HD" representing 7.1 channel audio, because of the whole Dolby TrueHD thing).
Here's the one I got:
ebay.com.au/itm/162133862822?hash=item25bfee69a6
I'm sure you can find something similar.

gtx 970 (3.5)

What is that?

depends
Xbox = no games
PS4 = at least 1

Hard choice, tb0h, but you'll make it.

>Sister got me one of these for my birthday
>Internet sucks, even with ethernet cable
>TV is so close to PC I could just hook it up to HDMI if I wanted.
She felt great because she thought I'd love it. Thankfully she realised it didn't work and we managed to get a refund.

its the madcatz gba roll cage

post your evans

>When you're such a cuckold you need to get a chastity cage for you video games too

>Internet sucks, even with ethernet cable

Your ISP has nothing to do with the Steam Link's performance

>I've been on this shit site for over 10 years and have always typed like this.

Don't worry user.

Each line formulates a new thought, and is worthy of a new line, this is not writing, these are not paragraphs.

All old-fags do this.

test

Oh boy, here we go

atelier totori. Sup Forums tricked me

real talk?

real talk.

i dont think you're an oldfag unless there are at least 3 lines between all of your sentences.

this gives the reader time to fully digest what you are saying and reflect about the profoundness of your shitposting.

Will ever be free?

I got bored of this within a couple days, should've just saved my money and bought some overwatch christmas loot boxes.

Same, Never trust Sup Forums on games that appeal to /vitagen/

i'm a newfag and
i have 5 lines between my sentences lol
try and stop me