I'd better be seeing daily Sup Forums lobbies once Guilty Gear is out on PC next week...

I'd better be seeing daily Sup Forums lobbies once Guilty Gear is out on PC next week. I'm noob to the game and will be wanting people to play with. You ARE buying Jack-O's game, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcgBzHJQpo
gamenguide.com/articles/79169/20161201/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-heading-to-pc-release-date-and-price-revealed.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>playing games with Sup Forums
>ever

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcgBzHJQpo

>netcode probably will be just as bad as SIGN PC's
>$50 at launch
>DLC not included as in PC SIGN or free at some point as PS4 version's was

I'd like to buy and support asw, but the price is a bit too much. Plus I already have it on PS4.

I suck at this game though, but that doesn't make the game any less fun.

Is it really $50? When SIGN came out on PC, it was around $35 i think.

Yeah, if you want the DLC it's even more.
gamenguide.com/articles/79169/20161201/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-heading-to-pc-release-date-and-price-revealed.htm

and no chibi lobbies

arcsys can get fucked. might as well as not bother

>$50
what the fug

What the fuck? Can someone explain to me how this makes any single bit of fucking sense?

>Buy original game for 35$
>Expansion pack is $50
>Paying MORE for an expansion pack which is literally only 3 characters

I don't even want to play any of the new characters, and my main barely even got any balance changes. This is so dumb, I'm paying another $50 just to play non-dead online which will die in another month anyways.

SIGNs PC netcode is better than consoles.

We are getting chibi lobbies, just not the overworld lobby with the fishing pond which will be added in a later updated,

yeah the only chance this game had was being a good, complete port with good netcode and a reasonable price. community will be dead in one week.

>SIGNs PC netcode is better than consoles.
That doesn't change that it's not where it should be. It's the current year, there is no reason for every modern fighting game to NOT have GGPO other than laziness.

Most fighting games lack GGPO though.

I don't understand how it makes any sense to charge $50 for this... only 3 new characters and even have dlc characters on top of that. They really think their "story mode" is worth a full price and this game isn't just an expansion pack? No one gives a fuck about story. The story mode is literally a movie you could watch on youtube.

They pretty much killed this game by charging $50 for it. There's no way casuals will buy this.

How many modern fighting games have GGPO again?

I'm aware, but that's not an excuse.

Yes. I will. I want to learn Jam.

There is literally nothing wrong with Arcsys netcode, it's the best netcode out there aside from ggpo which isn't that much better.

After sign I'm never gonna buy fighting games on pc if they don't have cross play

Fuckers don't play shit

yea, assholes only play for a week

no fishing on pc yet? :( I was really looking forward to that feature since it's the only thing I have a chance of winning at while I learn the game. Do you know when it'll be added?

You can fish in the offline fishing mode.

If you're a true fighting game fan who is good at them, This wouldn't discourage you.
I will get more play time in 1 month from Revelator that i would get with any other $50 game, period.

And once the online dies I will go to the guilty gear discord and easily find matches with others.
Hell, I can find matches on there right now for PC SIGN which is extremely outdated.

Sup Forums doesn't play fightans, user. If they do, they suck and or are waifu fags. Cross Play is your best option.

fuck that, I want months
dumbass pc players rather play CS or OW

people played me in GG yesterday
Sup Forums plays.

It's not just PC gamers user, its fighters in general. They are designed for a hardcore audience, Casuals won't stick around long.
I play Revelator on PSN, and it's dead there too. They can't even fill one of the 64 player lobbies.

Were you around last year when SIGN came out on PC? There were some really good players joining the Sup Forums lobbies.

NA east coast can almost fill a lobby.
West coast community is pretty small though.

>Sup Forums lobbies

Probably for the first couple days then drop it completely. Sup Forums prefers talking about games more than playing them.

I haven't played public lobbies since revelator came out but I still play almost daily on PC.

>Join NA East Coast lobby
>West Coast/Mexicans in there with 8f delay

I'm a complete noob, will this game be a good place to start? I've heard that it has a good tutorial system, up there with that of Skullgirls. I want to discover a new waifu and not make them look bad when I play as them.

People are desperate for games.
Doesn't help that a lot of west coast players love playing on wifi so west coast against west coast can get lame.

That Man did nothing wrong.

me too

Sure GG is a decent place to start but it has fuck-ton of mechanics. It will take time to learn it all. I recommend starting with SFV instead despite being the shittier game.

Yes.
I hope your waifu isn't Ramlethal though because playing her is sadness. The rest of the girls are all decent enough.

It's a good game to start if you are willing to practice every day.
Do the tutorial and start getting a feel of what characters you like.
I suggest learning Sol or Ky on the side as they will teach you good fundamentals.

>Jewsys
>jewing
what a shock

It's not worth buying fighting games on PC until they have crossplay with PS4 and come out at the same time. I was considering double dipping and buying this game again because I love Guilty Gear. But I feel giving them money for this is just going to let them think this is fair treatment and they are going to keep releasing delayed PC ports without including the DLC and with a smaller feature set. Sure, the two characters I main are already in the base game and I think the giant chibi lobby is dumb and I'm more in favour of the smaller ones. But it's kind of fucked that the PC audience doesn't get a chance to play fighting games on release unless it's Capcom. Whatever I know it's not gonna change. I know next year PC will get BlazBlue Central Fiction and it's probably not even gonna include Mai and Es despite them both being part of the game for over a year at that point.

Game is easy to get "hang" of thanks to tutorials etc and people are usually very helpful. It's really difficult to get even decent at though and you should expect to get rolled on regular basis by anyone who has basic gimmicks down until you learn yourself how to deal with specific matchups.

If it was 30 dollars I would have. As a person who has a PS3, I'd very much rather buy it on that and have a less dead community than PC. Which I did, it's a shame because I decided against buying it during the black friday sale where it was 15 dollars and then bought the game for full price two days after the sale ended.

You're retarded if you think "not buying the game" is going to send them the message of "Oh we should release it cheaper with better features!"

No, if the game doesn't sell, the message they get is: "Spend less money/effort on these ports or don't even bother porting them at all."

This. Arcsys is fucking retarded for not making it cross play. I'm not buying a game I can play only for a month since the release date. Also still no rollback netcode despite having contacted that madscientist guy who worked for melty's rollback netcode? Those bastards are not only retarded but also fucking lazy.

Arcsys have no choice to make it crossplay. There is not a SINGLE FIGHTER on ps4, or EVER on a playstation system with cross play, except for SFV and that's because Sony literally funded the entire game

how do I jam

BBCF is going to come out 6 months after console release, I can guarantee you that.

hi shini

That's every fighter not named Street Fighter

You know it's still full price on consoles right? It had a very cheap sale not too long ago, but it's still normally full price. Game is also coming out 6 months after release when Sign was over a year. Netcode on PC is the same on consoles, but better since the PC version actually has a lot less inherent frame delay so you can essentially have a offline console experience with a good enough connection.

The DLC stuff not being free for a small while though I do agree is kinda wack.

This.
ASW needs to be convinced pc ports are anything above spare change in profits since no one plays fighters on PCs in Japan.

Sorry I mean to reply to this

good choice, jam is fun af

>full
>fucking
>price

Nah fuck you

Thanks for the feedback. One of you mentioned playing SFV first, I got that recently and just started going over the basics. How much would you say transfers between the two?

As a side note I'm learning how to fightstick while learning how to 2d fighter.

Full Price is $60. It's 50 base. Which it's still $60 on consoles. You're going to have to make up your mind whether or not you want the game sooner for more price or later for a lesser price, because you can't have both you moron. Also if you think $50 is too much, then wait for a sale or a price drop. Simple as fucking that.

Their price justification is that they plan on having Rev for at least one more full year. Supposedly.

Its $52 with all the DLC characters, voice packs, and palettes if you already own -Sign-.

I've heard that the game is somewhat alive on PS4 in the EU and US East regions

It's 20€ for PS4

Pick Ky in guilty gear it's basically like playing Ryu in SF, except now you have an air dash and a half-screen slide move.

>Supposedly.

It's happening since we still haven't gotten the 3rd xrd iteration announced for arcades yet.

Don't want to come across as a shill but I'm buying it on PC and if you haven't got it on consoles then why not also get it on PC especially if you played SIGN on PC too.

We're getting online lobbies, common misconception that online lobbies are not in the game but that's just due to Arc Sys being terrible at explaining.
We get online lobbies/rooms which can hold 8 people in with those avatars, we just dont get the outdoor open lobby with 30 players and the fishing pond on release and they will come in a later update (fishing will be on release but an offline lobby version).
People claim game will be dead after a few weeks but isn't that the same for all fighting games no matter if its on a console or not (apart from SFV of course) and with this one releasing earlier than SIGN did it likely will last longer than SIGN did too, that and the netcode is better than on console, even though people claim fighting games are dead you can still find people online, especially if you go into discords and other groups.
I cant defend the price though, still mad about it especially cos its worth even more than normal in my own currency but I'll fall for it because I've been waiting ages for it to come to PC.
I would like to see all the DLC free on week one or at least a 10-20 dollar price drop.

I just checked the European PSN store and looked for Guilty Gear. Revelator is 49.99 Euros on PS4 so nice try. I know there was cheap sale not too long ago, but that's what it was. A sale. Not the normal price.

Probably. It almost sounds like they're adding more to Rev too.

>netcode probably will be just as bad as SIGN PC's
What third world country are you from? I never had a problem with SIGN's lobbies.

>netcode is better than on console
I'm seeing a lot of people say that, can you explain exactly why?

legit question, never played Xrd on pc

>playing fighting games with keyboard

Why

It's not. It's the same netcode, BUT here's the thing. The game on PC inherently has less frame delay than on consoles, so technically you are dealing with less frame delay online, but that's not because of the netcode.

iirc, having a stick plugged into your computer would cause fps drops after a set amount of time at -Sign-'s release.

The netcode is exactly the same but you can setup PC to have 3.5f less input lag so basically playing anyone in yurop is the same as playing on console offline. You could even play east coast to europe.

>game has been out a year
>not playing then

It's been out 6 months on console.

>Spent $75 on PS3 version
>Will be buying PC version for almost the same amount
>No complaints

Xrd is the best fighting game ever made. Yes its overpriced, Yes it's only $75 because i'm from a third world country (Canada) but It's worth every penny.

That was a glitch, Not the "game having bad netcode".

Hallo Anmelden!

>Digital only fags btfo

>people actually trying to justify the price

wew lad

>PS4 users should give me someone to play against!
Just fucking buy a PS4.

Should I?

We're also getting Revelator on PC 6 months sooner than it took SIGN to come to PC.

I'd buy it but I am afraid that the game will not only be dead again after a week but also that they'll announce the new game 1-3 weeks after Revelators Steam release. Dunno, seems like a waste of money especially since its full retail.

You have to play and add people.
Fighters are a lot more fun when you have friends that are around your level.

>they'll announce the new game 1-3 weeks after Revelators Steam release
They may do that but it'll still be at least a year before a console port even releases so who cares?

It took Zen United over a year after NA release to get P4A to EU.
And by that time Ultimax was released in the rest of the world.

You don't know true suffering

do I need to turn off vsync for this?

cause whenever I do that I get some crazy screen tearing to the point it's unplayable (in blazblue, sfv, mk, anything really)

Its a fighting game. You don't need 1000 people to play against. You don't even need 100 people to play against.

turning off vsync and/or post effects.

The game is dead on consoles as well, every fighter that doesn't have street fighter in the name is dead and by dead I mean 100-500 players on at once (so not dead considering the game is 1v1)
So why not get it?

Well the rumor is that there might actually be an expansion dlc for Revelator instead of a new version. So a Revelator #Reload or something along those lines. It's said to be upgradable too from base Revelator so IF that's true then it makes sense. Besides even if that's not the case Sign came out way later after Revelator was already out on arcades. So considering Revelator is coming to steam before they announce a new version is a massive improvement for me at least.

v-sync removes 1f, removing post effects removes one more and there's some other setting that also increases input delay but that one is disabled by default.

This will be my first GG and first real fighting game. I'm really excited, especially about the fact that I'm going to get bodied for the next however many years as I try to learn the basics of 2d fighters.

Revelator might actually be the definitive version for a very long time.

This argument is one of the reasons why fighting games are so dead. Its not about what you "need", but what makes it an enjoyable experience. Bigger playerbase means more different players who are close to your level. Sure as hell is more interesting to have 10 different players for every single char around your level than 10 in total of whom half plays the same character.

Because its 65bucks for a game I already own and play.

Fighting games are dead because its a goddamn niche genre and no one wants to put the time into getting out of mediocrity and would rather play something that gives instant gratification.

> Sure as hell is more interesting to have 10 different players for every single char around your level than 10 in total of whom half plays the same character.

That's definitely true but you're playing an online fighting game (a genre that is extremely casual unfriendly), which is anime fighter on top of that (anime aesthetic is off putting for a lot of people) and really complex even in its own genre. 1v1 alone makes this game niche, people don't like 1v1 games anymore. You just have to accept that if you want to play a niche fighting game you have to take what you get if you don't live in Japan. A couple QOL changes here and there will never change these facts.

If you're a casual scrub I can understand the price being too high
If you're a good player, price means nothing. Fighting games provide infinite entertainment

slash

is jam still shit tier

This

Most top JP players learned in arcades, where you really don't have more than 20 people who know the game at max. All you need is someone on similar level with whom you'll share various techs and point out struggles. That alone will make you much stronger in short time

Always been shit tier waifu