Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think about it? I'm thinking about picking it up for 20 bucks...

Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think about it? I'm thinking about picking it up for 20 bucks, it is worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bVyds-mBQt0
youtube.com/watch?v=XhnSCmjvWY0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0kHB6pHts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's ending was removed so they could turn it into a sequel.

For 20? It's probably okay. That's about what it's worth.

Did you like HR? Then yea, sure, you will like it.

Keep in mind that main chunk of the game is actually side-quests, and not the main quest.

For that price yeah I'd say its worth it. I got it full price and liked it but wish I'd waited a bit. Don't expect a mindblowing ending though

this

overall, relatively disappointing if looking through the lens of the first game

not a bad game though

I'd say $20 is fair

Yes it's pretty great, I might advise waiting until a special edition is released however to get the best experience.

yes.

If you liked HR Then go for it, it's pretty much Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2: The Interpol Boogaloo
Though they managed to make the ending even worse than HR's

The Side Quests were better than the campaign.

SE needs to splice the DLC back into the main game.

I want Rabi'ah and a sequel with Miller surviving and more Juggernaut Collective stuff. The game ended just when the main plot was picking up.

It's good but not as good as HR

It's GOTY

>It's ending was removed so they could turn it into a sequel.
That's bullshit - the game builds up to the confrontation, and ends with the confrontation. Laying the groundwork for a sequel doesn't mean a large portion of the game was cut.

5 more Square Enix dog biscuits are accredited to your account for this useful post

The gameplay is awesome but the story is balls to the wall horrendous.

So....it's basically MGS 5 all over again.

Good gameplay, and level design, underwhelming main storyline. Pretty much like Dishonored 2, and mgsv. Some of the optional little details, and revelations you discover yourself during gameplay are pretty interesting. though.

If you do, get system shock. Best quest out of the entire game.

These. Loved the level design and gameplay, but the plot goes fucking nowhere and it feels like you've just played the first chapter of something instead of actual complete game.

The new augments are fun. All the cool guns from the first game though are gone, and the gun mods and special ammo system in this game are stupid.

I loved the soundtrack and the way it changed when someone gets close while sneaking
GOTY for just the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=bVyds-mBQt0

Oh so the only part of a game that matters ended up being the best part of this game?

Guess I'll give it a shot.

Especially when you consider how every Deus Ex before this has you unraveling huge conspiracies or at least stopping world changing events, here it's just one terrorist attack with the main villain being just a subservient pawn.

ye it's pretty fucking good, too bad it's easy as fuck on hardest difficulty
If you want a challenge go "Give Me Deus Ex" and go guns blazing

I bought it for full price and liked it a lot. The ratio of main story missions to side missions is really fucked, you spend most of your time in the overworld breaking into apartments and garages for side quests but the main story missions that are there are good as far as level design goes. I played through the game three times to try different routes and I plan to do more playthroughs eventually. The story is the most disappointing thing, they clearly wrote it with the intention of making one or two more games so it leaves you hanging and is just not satisfying.

I think HR is a better game overall. I've done runs of both games without upgrading any of your augs and it's more fun to do in HR.

I liked the progression of things gradually going to shit, eventually leading to the state of affairs we see in DX1.

Jensen's involvement with both the Juggartnaut Collective and Samizdat/ the precursor to Silhouette was very well handled.

It's 2016's own MGSV-lite except with a slightly better story. I wish they kept the black-gold atmosphere from HR though, this game's atmosphere is good but it doesn't have as cohesive a feel
Soundtrack of the year for sure. Definitely has the best ambient music I've heard since DXHR youtube.com/watch?v=XhnSCmjvWY0

>kill Samizdat
>no Silhouette
multiple timelines here we come

15$ is more likely the value atm and I actually liked this game

It's pretty good. Got 80 hours out of it.
The people saying "m-muh ending!!!" are utter fucking retards.
The conflicts the game introduces are resolved. If DXMD lacks an ending, then so does Mass Effect 1.

20 bucks is well worth it. DE:MD has some of the densest levels I've ever seen in a video game, and I spent like three hours exploring everything in HALF the city of Prague before I even went on my first mission.

Only problem? It feels like half of a 10/10 video game. It's still very much worth your time, especially at that price point, but I fully expect Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 2 to come out in spring of 2018 or so.

It's because previous Deus Ex games had a starting conflict that escalated into global conspiracies. MD is just sort of a sidequest, just as things are starting to unravel it ends.

Not an argument.

I'm pretty sure the developers said that they wanted to make the series as games, about this length, with an overarching plot so that one could carry over choices through the games.

>next Deus Ex game
>crawling through vents as Adam is wont to do
>be confronted with this
Make it happen Eidos, they are the perfect vent nerf.

Did they outsource the boss fights again?

80 hours? How the fuck did you get 80 hours?

played through it three times to see outcomes

I'm getting it for the price of $0

@62% 33kb/s

Why did they clone Adam?

the side content alone is worth 20 bux
while it takes place in only one location there's tonnes of shit to find and some pretty great sidequests
i'm ambivalent about the main storyline, it seems kinda retarded so far though
the whole ark thing feels really poorly written, they kill off that rucker guy way too early and for some reason walking through one door changes them from an altruistic organization into a bunch of gun-toting psychopaths
the whole time the game was setting them up to be a morally ambiguous group that you would decide what you want to do with, but then they just turn into generic guards

Go for it OP, it's better than HR in some respects, though Prague doesn't stack up well against the variety of the locations in HR or the original.

Gameplay wise it's a better version of HR. Story/Writing sucks tho.

>the whole ark thing feels really poorly written, they kill off that rucker guy way too early and for some reason walking through one door changes them from an altruistic organization into a bunch of gun-toting psychopaths
Well. You'll see why at the end of that section.
Marchenko gathered support within the organisation to remove Rucker as the leader due to their lack of effective action - as well as Rucker's alcoholism etc

Later on in the game you also find out, if you haven't put it together already
Marchenko is part of the Illuminati, as an agent rather than a key member

>when you get to golem city

A vent-crawling version of these would make more sense decades before DX's nanotech.

I figured as much, it still felt really jarring though that suddenly the whole group is part of that russian douche's faction. Especially since they've been a supposedly nonviolent organization until that point, when they suddenly turn into a standing army.
I haven't finished the game yet but i figure that rucker's booze was poisoned by marchenko or something, esp since he's loominati in order to both seize control and make the people that aren't on his side angry enough to join him in violent revolution.
But nah everyone's just chilling out with shotguns and assault rifles 24/7.
It just felt really weird.

but then how will people who never played the first come to appreciate that Deus Ex has vent crawling chupacabras.

It's good, great even. But like everyone already said, it felt like a half of a game.

You know that Daud's DLC from Dishonored is split into 2 parts? MD felt like the first part of that and you expect part 2 to be released soon.

Want's the point of the Orchid? It just seems to serve as generic poison.

By playing it of course.

It's basically fast acting anti-neuropozyne. Just a nice plot device to reiterate Jensen's "superpower".

They changed Sarif's VA so that alone makes it worse than HR.

Who cares about Sarif, they changed the VA of the single most important character in Deus Ex: Joseph Manderley

I can't remember when you get confirmation on this, but the attack on Dubai at the beginning of the game was carried out by violent members of ARK.
I don't think members of ARK is particularly jarring, given what you've seen in the game by that stage, the situation they're in with the bombings, and Marchenko. I do think what happened to Rucker was a bit jarring, I expected him to be in it more - but it does have an impact on the rest of the story, it's not a waste of time or anything.

I sincerely hope you like micro transactions that only apply to one save. No, you don't get them in your next play through.

>head to Irenka's room in Golem City after saving Edward
>used condoms on the ground

>Buy
it's cracked

>Tarvos are Belltower who are Illuminati
>The Illuminati has them killed and replaced with golden masks, who are Illuminati agents

I think it's also because I was expecting way more, having the bombing be carried out by a splinter faction of ark felt like kind of a cop-out when they'd been spending so much time showing that Picus/illuminati are trying to paint them as bad guys.
Also i'm on that serial killer sidequest at the moment and i'm so fucking convinced it's the cat lady that lives across from adam.
she even has a bear rug but i guess the next part of the quest happens after i progress the story

I barely even remember Manderly's DE VA. Only ones worth a damn were JC and Page, and not for quality.

I feel bad I didn't notice this until an user pointed it out. Poor Irenka, I just wanted to let the other guy see his family.

I'm playing through this game right now

I have done a few sidequests and I wasn't blown away

Where are these good sidequests you speak of?

I thought the bank one in the early game was pretty good.

Edward ends up in the same condom room which is pretty weird, and when i got back to prague irenka was gone and they were burning the paintings in the gallery for warmth outside.
So i guess saving edward is probably the better idea, at least she's alive in golem, who the fuck knows what happened to her in prague.

>implying this isn't the epitome of frozen iceman VA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ss0kHB6pHts

Define early game? I just made it night time back in Prague

I definitely remember doing it before night Prague.

> ya want sum fried chicken an collard greens???

Imagine this cutscene with that voice. Missed opportunity.

I wonder if I can still do it, I'll go start it

>game is so fucking over saturated with content and stuff to do in such a small space I actually keep having to stop and take a break to digest this fucking shotgun to the face of people and names and news articles and happenings
>Sup Forums is contrarian because a sequel deus ex game has a weak ending
>in a series famous for having shit endings

This is how you can filter the nu/v/ from the old.

>deus ex
>story doesn't matter

If you (re)visit the sewers in the last Prague segment, she's with the underground and Samizdat preparing to flee Prague, with false documents.

jjb don't be mad

>thinking the story mattered in deus ex
How new are you? The scenario was nothing more than a device to drive the gameplay. Fuck sakes most of the plot is based upon how you deal with situations given to you and change the story drastically. The story is yours, not the game designers.

>pretends he's an oldfag
>while posting e celebs

Some of the best level design in the series desu.

>want to replay hr
>unskipable intro cut scenes and prologue