How would you make a One Punch Man game that stays true to the source material without being boring or forcing the...

how would you make a One Punch Man game that stays true to the source material without being boring or forcing the player to play side characters?

>every enemy must die in 1 hit
>no musou bullshit like the upcoming berserk blunder
>only play saitama

>anime

nerd

Make it a VN

I cannot imagine it any way other than a Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing style game.
The only time combat ever happens is in cutscenes or with the same Involvement as picking up an item from ground. Press a button, pow, you win. Everything else is just your day to day life. Daily chores, working, low grade hero work like finding cats, cooking etc.

>You can freely explore the main Cities
>Can do sidequests to raise your(Saitama's) Hero Ranking
>Main story just follows what happens in the manga
>Some more stuff worth doing in each cities, im too uncreative to think of more

>only play Saitama
Why? OPM is not a story about Saitama

If combat is trivialised you would need to focus the game on other aspects. Make it a walking sim/adventure game/VN/life sim.

>>only play saitama
When I opened this thread I wanted to say that you can play all the other characters, but fuck you. As great as Saitama is, he's a one-trick pony and OP, and I would really love to play as Genos.

one finger death punch clone
instead of dying from enough hits he just gets bored and leaves

>get to pick from a roster of all of the secondary/support characters
>you gotta save the day before Saitama shows up and does it for you

>le eric single strike d00d
kill yourself holy shit

>a sale is ending in 15 minutes, reach your destination in time
>assist the other heroes without killing them in the process
>take care of the villain and try to minimize damages to the city
>go play some vidyas with king
>some big guy want a duel, make it interesting
There's potential but being a secondary hero in the same universe would be better.

Saitama gets unlocked once you finish the game as Genos.

Charging your attack and releasing it as OPM crashes your pc.

It'd probably be like that shitty superman returns game where instead of a life bar, there was a bar showing the health of the city.

Make the player a journalist who is onto Saitama's abilities, and you have to get good pictures of him (and of other fights because that's your job) while avoiding getting killed by everything.

This

>One Punch Man
>not about Saitama, the One Punch Man

Are you retarded?

Just make it a Musou game.
>Beginner mode:
Saitama, King

>Easy mode
High S-rank

>Normal mode
Low S/High A rank

>Hard mode
B rank

>Nightmare mode
Common Rider

>only play saitama

Fuck you

because picking any of the vast cast of heroes makes it too easy to avoid the problem of him 1-shotting everything and doesn't make for an interesting thread

good answers. I would definitely consider picking up the OPM life sim

This.
>Objective updated: Visit super market for special sale

>a work's subject has to be related to its title
are you retarded?

Make the combat dynasty warrior style where everything dies in one hit with huge amounts of people to fight so combat doesn't end to early.

>just make it a button masher brainless cash-in game that will bomb just as hard as every other manga musou tie-in

Enemies don't have health bars and do no damage.

However, Saitama has a depression gauge, if it crosses the threshold then he spills his guts in ritualistic traditional Sepoku. To keep the depression meter down you have to get incredible deals at the grocery store, cook and clean, and not be exposed to too much exposition at once from the characters.

Have you not read One Punch Man?
Most of the story seems to be about the various other cast of characters and their lives until he shows up and unceremoniously one punches away the problem that has been vexing them the entire arch.

>Objective: Lose

This
It would be better to play as Genos and then have a OPM QTE at the end of each level

>Objective: Die

who would win? one punch man (normal one punch kill mode) or all might (golden age invincible #1 hero mode)

opm can finish anyone with 1 punch, but all might is objectively the better hero. who wins?

I'd make it very similar to this game.

a Yakuza like beat em up with light VN influences..lots of enimies and a "stagger" mechanic so it isn't just a 1hko fest

>that will bomb just as hard
Literally no musou game has flopped.
They make boatloads of money in Japan and the profit margin overseas is very low.

Basically the "collectible hell" part of Crackdown, only without shooting or killing anything. You parkour around increasingly awesome buildings, collecting Hero Tokens by performing increasingly difficult series of reaction tests, finding hidden areas, and pretty much anything other than fighting. You CAN fight, if you want, but beating anything, even villains (especially villains) increases a stat called "unwanted attention." The higher this grows, the more fanatical groupies and/or disgruntled lesser heroes start following you around, and start adding artificial difficulty to the tasks you must perform to acquire more Hero Tokens, like turning them invisible, moving them around, messing with your controls, even stealing them first.

>true to the source material
>without being boring or forcing the player to play side characters

Pick one, faggot. OPM was all about the side characters.

Are you? The stpry revolves Saitama, it's not about Saitama. Saitama is a straight as fuck character with little to none backstory, basic emotions and overpowering ability. He's not an interesting character, but he was made lovable. He's a device to drive the stoey forward.

OPM is about the concept and different character struggles that try to understand it. Nobody cares about Saitama, the guy is invincible. Watching Genos trying to fight an enemy and exploring his past is actually interesting, watching enemies and heroes react to Saitama is interesting, watching enemy arcs is interesting. Watching Saitama is not interesting.

But Asura had enemies that could defeat him.

Make it a comedic point and click adventure about Saitama struggling to become popular.

>Japan

LITERALLY kill yourself subhuman fuckin weeb trash. this isn't a discussion about what gooks think, if I cared for that I'd ask on a slant eyed imageboard

>He's not an interesting character

He's the only interesting character you plebe

Saitama is retardly strong because he's a walking joke all might can't win, hell he even get wounded on more than one occasion in his own universe.

is there anything similar to opm I can watch? I've been banned from Sup Forums twice for asking about reqs and I'm not sure if its because asking is against the rules or the they're just super autistic because I watch complete pleb shit.

I watched parasyte and akame ga kill. dropped akame with 3 episodes left because they just kill everyone. I thought opm would be retarded but I really liked it.

I don't think you understand the point of OPM, so don't try to enjoy it, it's not for you.

boku no hero academia
Also Sup Forums has a rule against requests.

Make it a Creat-a-Hero simulator that ascends from C to S rank, having to face and team up with.

Saitama is a random character that, from the eyes of the player seems nothing special because you're never shown his actions.

>Goal isn't about killing but instead protecting as many people as possible
>Killing a monster too early it will hurt bystanders affecting your score, killing a monster too late means it has more time to kill bystanders
>Terrain destruction etc
>This affects your popularity score
>Depending on your popularity score, other heroes come into battles, the lower your score the more low ranks come in and ruin shit trying to show off, the higher your popularity the more you will get helpful heroes, or ease in dealing with hard to save people.

>Active time scale, Saitama is strong and indestructible but everyone needs their rest, health and abilities are based on how well rested he is, affecting your ability or willingness to do certain tasks out of laziness or tiredness (if exceptionally low)

>Monsters must be found and there is no indicator of where they are, very little if any ads (except in specific scenarios), monster can dodge or use abilities to knock you across the city and you have to find it again, one punch kills but punches difficult to land.

>is there anything similar to opm I can watch?

Not really. Nothing can really scratch the OPM itch other than more OPM. The rest of anime is garbage.

You need to get more meta, my dude. Saitama is the most interesting BECAUSE of how boring he is, in a narrative sense.

>OPM: Online, the ultimate MMO experience

It'd be a generic boring reskin of World of Warcraft, but I would still buy it.

>Stop enjoying this you aren't enjoying it the right way!!

Make it a Mus--
>no musou bullshit like the upcoming berserk blunder
Make it a Yakuza clone.

Instead of health bars you have popularity/notoriety. It gets too low people start booing you and eventually Saitama just gives up.

Keep combos but have combat focus on dodges and parries instead of counters. Emphasis that the hit should be a worthwhile strike that causes crowds l/newscrews/etc. to chear.

Larger enemies that need more than one hit regenerate limbs and shit to justify why you need more than one punch.

Have a rage meter for how annoyed Saitama is.

No Mosou, keep it more like MGR or DMC in terms of level layout and story structure.

I'm looking at the episodes and apparently season 2 began airing last December. Why can I not find any of season 2 online?

Or make it an idle game.

>Metroid
>not about little faggots that get stuck on your head

Are you retarded?

>being this retarded

are anime threads on Sup Forums the ultimate honeypot for weeding out literally shit posters that need to be permabanned to improve quality?

>The latest chapter is just King accidentally avoiding his own assassination.

I think it might be one of the best chapters in the manga. Prove me wrong.

I was thinking something more like the Dragon Ball games, Fusions or Xenoverse.

>implying that Bleach is about proper cleaning techniques

They get sales in Japan proportional to their advertisement budgets, or franchise advertisement.
Thats sad.

Terrible genre, with a lot of wasted potential.

Saitama helping the cops was great too.

>go play some vidyas with king
>game has unwinnable bossfight

What do it feel like being a fag?
Or speed reading manga, hence missing all the good points or scenes?

>proportional to their advertisement budgets
Welcome to capitalism, enjoy the "free" samples.

I'd rather play a MG:R esqe beat em up starring Genos doing badass cyborg things just like Raiden did badass cyborg things.

Maybe have Licenseless Rider sidequests where you have to ride and rescue people, like crazy taxi but instead of just dropping them off you bring them to the local Hero Association building.

Saitama parts will just be QTEs where you dodge attacks long enough to punch the baddie in the face.

I don't get it. How does it take a year to write english subtitles and post it on the internet? This is the only anime I've watched

return to reddit

Thats weak capitalism.
Its one thing to earn money,
Its another to earn MORE money.
Musou games are sad because its the former instead of the latter.

And thats before you go over it from a artistic standpoint: If it doesn't stand out, it will die from not being known.
Something like Zelda Musou was great as a combination of platform and 3D adaption of NES and SNES content

I'm imagining something almost like Shadow of the Colossus or Furi, where it's really more of an Action/puzzle game

Like, the game revolves around its bosses, and each boss has a crazy gimmick that must be solved and overcome before you get to have a chance to punch the boss and be done with it.

I mean, it's basically how the "Bosses" in the anime work already.

To add to this, make every level start with Genos doing his thing, only to be beaten by the final boss. THEN comes the Saitama part. To mirror the show.

Not everyone on Sup Forums is a weeb. I just don't get why there are no season 2 episodes subbed if it started a year ago.

>spoiling shit

@360297294
>the redditor literally doesn't have a single brain cell but keeps posting anyway

no (You) for you

Blow the entire budget on death animations.

Sprite death animations.

All Might definitely wins when it comes to style

just add a ton of enemies at once

Mob 100
Same author, also follows an unbeatable protagonist. The theme here is self-improvement and going past the role society tells a person they should fill.

Well one of the main points of the series is that he is bored so I mean, with no side characters, you cannot,

Stop parroting what you read on the weeb board

>shitpunchmeme

Underrated post of the year all years

By making goku the final boss

Clicker game

you can't because the it's impossible replicate the show's inner theme into a video game

it isn't about the one punch ability, it's about the moral dilemma behind it.

Is he the most underrated hero?

make it dynasty warriors with a shit ton of small enemies that die in one hit

the bosses die in one hit too but theyre huge and you need to climb to their torso/face to punch them sorta like a faster/more action packed shadow of the colossus

Play all the character (Genos, Sonic, Tatsumak, Bicycle man etc).
Saitama is here as a NPC to OHKO your nemesis.
You can only play Saitama against Boros

>All Might beating Saitama
>Can't even beat Captain Falcon
B O D I E D
O
D
I
E
D

A punching machine game that says "One punch!" if you hit it at the maximum level.

Shows disaster levels based on punch strength and the strength number.

OP already said no Musou.

Maybe a 1v1 OHKO fighter like Divekick.

Titanfall without Titans or guns. Just spend all day punching people in to oblivion and avoiding hazards

No d44m execution bullshit. That's just time taken away from punching

>King
>beginner mode
What? King has no powers at all.

Make it funny. Make a camera style that is dynamic and switches between cool drawing and awful drawing. Good voice actors and storylines.
mini games for shopping, bug swatting, tooth brushing, etc

Oh, and make it hugely explorable with interesting things to do in every area.

>implying

He an S-class, dumbass. He's super powerfull.

I guess you're right, sorry.

please post some Tatsumaki

Good boy.

King is the strongest man alive you dumb idiot

anime is for fags