Who else is enjoying GOTY?

Who else is enjoying GOTY?

Having this sneak up on me out of nowhere and actually be as good as if not better than Commandos II is the best surprise I've had playing games in years.

I thought you lot were shilling

Then I thought you were memeing

It turns out you were right, it's great

Spent two hours on the demo earlier then bought it straight after, it's only just finished though and it's 2:35AM so I can't be bothered to play it until I get up but I'm looking forward to it based on what I've played so far

From the missions so far it seems to push me into more playing more actively than commandos ever did, the enemy placements are great especially after triggering an alarm.

Was a big suprise, expected sub-par commandos clone.

This game is really great. If you have doubts about this game, you can play the demo first.

Demo was fun but it just feels more like a $20-30 game more than a $40. I'll gladly pick it up on a decent sale.

Also I really disliked the default control scheme, has anyone tried the controller version and is it any better?

Might seem like a stupid reason but I didn't mind the price tag just because I wanted to support something like this and hoped it would be successful, but on a an actual content basis yeah might be a bit too steeply priced.

No i did rearrange a lot of the key bindings though

this year has been pretty good for stealth games huh?

why would you play a game like this with a controller

I probably wouldn't, I'm a M+K elitist 99% of the time, but sometimes these games can be surprisingly well optimized for a controller. Look at Divinity: Original Sin. It sounds like a controller would be awful for that game but it turns out to streamline everything in that game except for throwing objects.

It looks fun, I'll wait until its a bit lower though.

How so? Not even baiting, I'm not aware of any stealth games of this quality that released this year.

>he triggers the alarm

>he save scums

You are bad pal, just admit it so you can start getin' gud soon

>literally didn't know this game existed until 2 days ago
>now it's one of my favorite games of the year
How did they do it?

this game is made for save scumming
it even has a reminder telling yiu to save if you haven't

Should I kill people lads? Why can't i tie these yellow monkeys up after stunning them

I know but just like with commandos try not to go hard on the save scumming, sometimes it's more fun to recover from a fuck up rather than instantly quick loading.

>I wanted to support something like this and hoped it would be successful, but on a an actual content basis yeah might be a bit too steeply priced.

same

I don't feel ripped off, and I want them to make money so they keep making games like this, nut the price is honestly too high for the content

great game though, holy shit

this game, dishonored 2, DXMD, hitman. I feel like I'm missing another one.

I think a lot of the pricing might just be covering the costs then making up for what they may expect to be a very niche title with limited sales.

So yeah overall I don't feel ripped off, they've clearly but a lot of effort and care into it and it's got pretty decent replayability, if paying a bit extra encourages development like this and a return to older genres and genre traits I'm all for it.

They even put out a free demo, feels like 10 years ago.

>sometimes it's more fun to recover from a fuck up
all stealth games are made for ghosting

>Sup Forums actually being reasonable instead of "this $10 indie game doesn't have AAA level production quality, fucking lazy jew devs"
What is even happening

The game's actually good.

Considering that most of fuck ups happen due to miss clicking and shitty camera? No.

bump

Yeah we only complain when the quality is bad especially if it's some indie shit trying to cash in on some hipster shit.

people interested in this genre are close to 30, which is normally a good start