Somewhere out there, there's a person who won a car for pre-ordering Final...

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

Somewhere out there, there's a person who won a car for pre-ordering Final Fantasy 8. Did the winner ever actually get the car? Is there any way to find out who it was?

All urls found in this thread:
https://youtu.be/4QN4U9TyTsQ
http://m.ign.com/articles/1999/08/17/dont-miss-the-final-fantasy-viii-sweepstakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0
http://www.iau.org/public/themes/buying_star_names/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW7BeHUVmfE
http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/i122874/Gravestone-Ad-Campaign-For-Shadowman/
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197343-final-fantasy-viii/faqs/72431
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynY2begPzoM
Brody Brown
Brody Brown

Whatever.

Matthew Robinson
Matthew Robinson

I want that

Thomas Johnson
Thomas Johnson

those retailers
It's amazing how much can happen in such a short time. Half of those companies don't even exist anymore.

Caleb Gonzalez
Caleb Gonzalez

So whatever happened to this one

Jacob Jenkins
Jacob Jenkins

I won it.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

This kind of shit should be tracked somehow. It's pretty easy for a company to offer a Lamborghini and then never deliver, and it doesn't seem like anyone follows up on it.

That being said, I won a Vita from a Taco Bell sweepstakes and my brother won a PS4 from another Taco Bell sweepstakes the year after, so I'm confident that Taco Bell is legit with their giveaways.

Bentley Gutierrez
Bentley Gutierrez

Did the winner ever actually get the car?

Yeah, I'm sure the son of the executive working for EB enjoyed his car.

Nathan Morris
Nathan Morris

fine print
island is an in-game location bearing a sign with your name on it
I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually the case.

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

Whoever won it was probably too fat to fit into it.

Tyler Martin
Tyler Martin

It's pretty easy for a company to offer a Lamborghini and then never deliver

Pocket change to a publisher/marketing firm though, more likely people just don't care who wins.

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

toys'r'us

Sup Forums btfo

Jonathan Smith
Jonathan Smith

Tried to win golden ps4 and free Overwatch Taco bell sweepstakes after two anons had posted that they won golden ps4's
eat that shit twice a week when its active and never win

Henry Green
Henry Green

beige car

Easton Carter
Easton Carter

lmao xD

Colton Anderson
Colton Anderson

Canada got all the same gaming magazines as the US, and it was always so annoying to see a full page ad for a cool contest or promotion just to see "ONLY AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF US" at the bottom of the page. Shit sucked.

Lucas Hall
Lucas Hall

Pocket change to the firm as a whole but not to individuals or a small group of people. I, myself, would be pretty satisfied with sharing $200,000 between a few executives and forgetting about the sweepstakes. As long as there's no follow up or confirmation, it's really easy for companies to get away with shit like this.

That being said, I do agree that it's far more likely that people just don't care and, I'm sure, everyone is appropriately awarded more often than not. Still, I don't like that that kind of shit isn't kept on top of.

Evan James
Evan James

I know how you feel. I ate about $70 worth of Taco Bell to win my Vita. I ate about $40 worth for the next two sweepstakes (black PS4 and gold PS4) but didn't win. Of course it's random but it sucks to eat shit for such a long time for nothing.

Kevin Price
Kevin Price

https://youtu.be/4QN4U9TyTsQ

Nolan Torres
Nolan Torres

A paint job back then was like 1000$. Easy.

Grayson Thompson
Grayson Thompson

Imagine if he still had that Jacket... that shit would be worth fucking bank.

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

There was a pretty good letter about this in an issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly back in the day. The guy won their "letter of the month" which entitled him the game of the month, which was ok because it was considered a contest and not a sweepstakes. Hopefully, the game wasn't region locked.

Austin Edwards
Austin Edwards

Found an old article on ign

http://m.ign.com/articles/1999/08/17/dont-miss-the-final-fantasy-viii-sweepstakes

Jose Foster
Jose Foster

Isn't doing a sweepstakes a tax writeoff anyway? You have to give it to someone.

James Mitchell
James Mitchell

I'm still surprised that there was originally going to be a Mask 2. I wonder how different it was going to be compared to Son of the Mask.

David Morris
David Morris

Just think you would have saved enough money not eating literal trash you could have bought them yourself

Jacob Lewis
Jacob Lewis

actual prize may vary

Jack Perez
Jack Perez

Never thought of it like that, maybe you're right.

There must be some form of regulation though, at least here in the UK with our strict consumer protection laws I imagine there would be.

Jayden Moore
Jayden Moore

You're right, Playstation is lost to me

Jaxson Young
Jaxson Young

Not if nobody follows up on it, you don't. So you get to keep the money and/or prize, along with the tax write off. On the other hand, the company is getting in huge fucking trouble if they get caught but, again, if no one bothers to follow up with this shit then it's easy to get away with.

James Myers
James Myers

I was ten years old and won "dinner with Lara croft" it was around the time tomb raider 2 came out. My parents helped fill out the entry forum and sent it in. lol and behold I won. I got the letter back in the mail with the time and place "it was at a nearby Pizza Hut" and my mom brought me there. There was a limousine the showed up and Lara got out. She was pretty tall 5'9 and looked true to form. She was even British. I ordered a slice and she just ordered something to drink. The employees were not told of what was going on and they just kept staring over at us. I'm sure it was a pretty strange sight. Anyways. Lara just asked how school was going, what I liked to to do etc. it was probably a half hour, thing. I then got a pic with her and she gave me a signed t shirt.

Jayden Campbell
Jayden Campbell

The amount they'll make from people trying to win a sweepstakes is considerably more than the cost of the car itself, since you have many many people buying many more of a product to try to get one thing. With a video game not the same but it boosts sales, with food it's much better since people will continously buy $5+ meals to get a prize and most will never win. Pretty fucking genius actually.

Daniel Parker
Daniel Parker

If you still have the picture, post it.

Lincoln Roberts
Lincoln Roberts

Sounds like normal protocol. But if you were a older chad, I bet you could have coerced her into a night

win lara croft contest
use your charm to win her over as if it's an actual date

If it's jennifer lopez, then yeah, should be an easy lay.

Lincoln Gonzalez
Lincoln Gonzalez

Well, not in my case. The Vita launched for about $250 to $300, right? I spent $70 on lunch for a few months and I got a Vita out of it too. Maybe it wasn't the best food but it was still food and it's priced very cheaply (two tacos, a burrito, and a drink for $5) so it's not that big of a loss.

Now, if you're spending hundreds of dollars in order to win the sweepstakes then that's a different story. Even then though, you're still paying for lunch anyway.

Levi Stewart
Levi Stewart

did you get to touch her boobies?

Aaron Butler
Aaron Butler

You want a 17 year old four door compact car with no distinct markings.

For what purpose?

Ryder Brooks
Ryder Brooks

I know the guy who won the contest. He could have the island or $50,000, he took the money and is buying a modest house with it.

Nolan Jones
Nolan Jones

Shit, that's a tough choice. I mean, what the fuck are you going to do with an island? But still, it's an island free and clear. That's crazy.

Isaac Ross
Isaac Ross

why

could sell an island to a property developer for FAR more than 50 grand

Adrian Reyes
Adrian Reyes

one of the programmers probably died at the office so they took his disgusting beige toyota and made that the preorder sweepstake prize

Logan Gomez
Logan Gomez

its probably a very small island

Cameron Murphy
Cameron Murphy

In the fine print it said the island would be valued up to $50,000. That's why he wanted the money.

Logan Wood
Logan Wood

I thought Canadian systems just used the same region as US ones.

Logan Cooper
Logan Cooper

smart choice, raw land is very cheap anyways

Levi Brooks
Levi Brooks

what if it's some remote ass island far away from any civilization... you'd need proper transportation to get there,

Bentley Cook
Bentley Cook

Probably some shitty island in the middle of a dead lake

Charles Gutierrez
Charles Gutierrez

for you

Oliver Young
Oliver Young

not really

just because it's an island doesn't mean it's worth shit. It was probably just some tiny dot on the coast of a shithole in the ocean or whatever.

Jonathan Ortiz
Jonathan Ortiz

with no distinct markings

t. /o/ reject who likes ricer shit

Jonathan Reed
Jonathan Reed

are you James?

Nathan Gonzalez
Nathan Gonzalez

They wanted something that really captured the spirit of the game.

Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee

reddit

Blake Gutierrez
Blake Gutierrez

Of course we do.

Hunter Reed
Hunter Reed

Son of the Mask.
"Hey, I know it's been like years but we finally got it! A new mask movie and we got plane tickets ready for you to be in it! No Jim Carrey though"

Kevin King
Kevin King

thats adorable

Isaac Garcia
Isaac Garcia

The hardware is the same in the US and Canada. Only difference is a some systems have some extra stickers on the bottoms to have all the info doubled in French and English.

Eli Smith
Eli Smith

beta male

Eli Peterson
Eli Peterson

I once won a hat from a Tropicana sweepstakes when I was 5, that's the only time I've ever won anything. I think it's still folded up somewhere in storage because I didn't have any friends so I'd pretend it was my friend, and it was very dear to me.

Leo Hall
Leo Hall

cuck

Adrian Phillips
Adrian Phillips

not that user tho

Henry Martinez
Henry Martinez

it was something like island mystery box

you could win some spot of sand in the middle of ocean, but also Ireland or Japan

Sebastian Hernandez
Sebastian Hernandez

i got a one handed controller for preordering it

Brayden Hernandez
Brayden Hernandez

I know someone who won a motorcycle once ten years ago and he still has it today. However, that one had to be legit because keys were handed out to the participants and only one key started the bike.

Jack Jenkins
Jack Jenkins

But Canada and America are part of the same region

Logan Adams
Logan Adams

cool as fuck desu

Brody Morales
Brody Morales

taller than her at 15
some model they prob hired out of the papers

Everything about this pic

Tyler Foster
Tyler Foster

I have a few games with French text on the back that work just fine on my US systems, I'm guessing those are probably French right?

Xavier Young
Xavier Young

where's your right hand buddy
can clearly see he's keeping it behind his own back

Ayden Lopez
Ayden Lopez

I guess if you only had one hand, turn based RPG's would be pretty accessible.

Noah Hernandez
Noah Hernandez

There was a sweepstakes on 4kids' television for Kirby where you could win a transparent pink GBA.

I was one of the runner-ups that got a second copy of Nightmare in Dreamland.

Eli Lee
Eli Lee

RIP. Kamira
No. I didn't.

Sebastian Edwards
Sebastian Edwards

Here's your controller bro

Brayden Powell
Brayden Powell

I mean Canadian

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

what is the Switch joycons

Ryan Collins
Ryan Collins

Just means they're from Canada, where most things have to be bi-lingual by law. The discs are the same NTSC discs, it's just the packaging that's different.

Modern first party Nintendo games in Canada all have the option to play in french as well..

Isaiah Gomez
Isaiah Gomez

Not too long ago, pretty recently even I won a Pokemon competition which included a package with a New 3DS XL, Pokemon Sun, a strategy guide and a Pikachu plush. I already had a New 3DS small, so I put the XL up on eBay and will use the money towards the Switch.

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

No Carrey, not caring.

Xavier Reyes
Xavier Reyes

advetisments thread?

Noah Kelly
Noah Kelly

Just overflow stock from Canada. I bet you might have even seen a game or two that cam shrink wrapped with a french manual.

It's easy for Nintendo to offer FR options when they hardly ever do voice work with actual dialogue.

Christian Baker
Christian Baker

I find it funny how tv tuner was such a selling concept back in the day, and nowadays it's taken for granted to the point that the Wii U is actually revolutionary in having that be a thing.

Dominic Thomas
Dominic Thomas

Yeah, anything turn based is fine. If it has buttons on the back (like N64's Z-button) then simple platformers might be ok too. That's pretty much it though.

Thankfully, PS1 had quite a few good turn based RPGs. Still, doing combos in Legend of Dragoon or some of the minigames in Final Fantasy 9 must be torture.

Jordan Carter
Jordan Carter

itt anons won consoles, games and dates with Lara Croft while only vidya-related thing I ever won was AC Syndicate checkers that I didn't even want

I mean it was nice, with leather board and shit and most importantly without huge ASSASSINS CREED TM SYNDICATE (R) logo, so it doesn't look like cheap advertisment but I don't play checkers

chess you can at least give to someone as a nice gift, but who the fuck play checkers

Isaac Nguyen
Isaac Nguyen

What the fuck happened in Kansas three years ago?

Thomas Wilson
Thomas Wilson

If there's already going to be a bi-lingual version, why not do that for all regions? It seems so odd to me that US games so rarely have additional language options while the other regions of the same game do.

Landon Torres
Landon Torres

lots of people got too excited

Oliver Morgan
Oliver Morgan

I live in Ohio so I guess it makes sense a few games would trickle down here.

Thomas Rivera
Thomas Rivera

IIRC there actually was fine print, and it was that it was some cheap shit island worth basically nothing and would be near impossible to visit let alone live on.

Hunter James
Hunter James

Not vidya related but when the 4th Harry Potter book came out I entered a contest to win a signed copy that'd be delivered on the day it released world wide and I actually won. Had my picture in the paper and everything. Shit I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 at the time.

Jace Nguyen
Jace Nguyen

what the hell is IIRC

Brayden Jones
Brayden Jones

well I don't know why would anyone expected anything else, it's not like they'd give you Corsica or something

Logan Martinez
Logan Martinez

"If I recall correctly"
I don't understand why people can't just type shit out. That didn't take too long to spell at all.

Henry Reyes
Henry Reyes

lol and behold

Oh I did lol user.
Good story. Was she hot?

Nicholas Butler
Nicholas Butler

Not vidya related but when I was much younger (some time in the 90's) I won a Nickelodeon boombox. I remember liking it a lot and I still have it. I tried using it again a couple of years ago but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Luis Taylor
Luis Taylor

Who in their right mind would actually want to own fucking Corsica? The people that live there are batshit insane.

Jackson Rogers
Jackson Rogers

You can purge them with no consequences

Leo Ward
Leo Ward

As a new dictator of Corsican Empire of user, these people will obey or perish.

Jayden Flores
Jayden Flores

Are you this guy

Charles Hughes
Charles Hughes

What part of batshit crazy do you not understand? Up until not too long ago they used to regularly bomb french institutions and separatist movements are still fairly strong and well armed.

Isaac Parker
Isaac Parker

When Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm came out McDonalds had a series of happy meal toys, I won the Gotham display with all the toys on it. I also won a McDonalds contest for a (fake) gold matchbox car. Unfortunately that stuff is long gone

Luke Williams
Luke Williams

tfw you will never be God Emperor of your own island

Jordan Adams
Jordan Adams

Won a cake at a supermarket

Juan Phillips
Juan Phillips

win a Toyota ECHO 2000
whatever.

Sebastian Moore
Sebastian Moore

in such a short time
Dude, that ad is like 18 years old. It's older than 75% of 4chan's users.

Jaxson Martin
Jaxson Martin

No.

Andrew Foster
Andrew Foster

simpler times

Jose Turner
Jose Turner

technically EB Games doesn't exist in the US anymore

it used to until they became Gamestops

mine was an EB Games until about 2006

all the others are dead save for toysrus, best buy and *EB Games*

Carson Baker
Carson Baker

fuck that god damn SCAM

took me until much later that i found it was a scam, it was in EVERY gaming magazine and i never saw a winner.

Nicholas Carter
Nicholas Carter

Here in Canada they're all EB Games. And once you've passed the mountains of cheap plastic junk, and themed tie in garbage, you'll find some video games at the back of the store.

Nathaniel Lee
Nathaniel Lee

cucked girl

Blake Jones
Blake Jones

we make you think
hmm

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

I thought you were exaggerating at first but wow, I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years. Time flies.

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

we make you think....

Adam Myers
Adam Myers

Oh

was your lara hotter

Lucas Miller
Lucas Miller

Is there any way to find out who it was?
It says in the small print you can get the winners list by sending a self addressed envelope in. I guess the chances of that PO box still being in use are pretty low, let alone anyone knowing what you'd be on about.

Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson

If I'm not mistaken, EB Games and Gamestop merged and changed their store names depending on the region. In the US, it's all Gamestop but elsewhere it's all EB Games. If I'm not mistaken, GAME is a separate company that's a major seller in United Kingdom and other European countries so I'm not sure if there are any EB Games or Gamestops there.

Grayson Reyes
Grayson Reyes

"You're the best looking guy here."

James Lopez
James Lopez

the jews were behind it, as always

Mason Hill
Mason Hill

that lack of trigger discipline

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

at the black ops midnight
questions, win whatever leftover garbage merch gamestop has left over
when does WaW take place
like the autist ww2 buff I was back then, answer like a tryhard: 1939 - 1945
takes a bit of convincing but they give me a gears of war wallet even though I preordered the game on ps3
To this day I wonder who was more retarded. Them for not knowing the yeara WW2 took place, or me for answering like a moron.

Adam Wood
Adam Wood

Puzzle Me, Inc.
"We Make You Think...."
Really makes you think

Mason Collins
Mason Collins

Where's your right hand, buddy?

If this article was in a gaming magazine today they would have to apologize for being sexist.

Samuel Stewart
Samuel Stewart

In 2003 or 2004, sometime around then McDonalds had Sonic LCD games in Happy Meals. If you found a special shiny version of I think either Sonic or Shadow's game, you would win £2,500 plus a copy of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Mega Collection.

My uncle took me to McDonalds with my little cousin who was 2, and they managed to win somehow. My uncle needed the money because he was poor, but he let me have the games.

Henry Martin
Henry Martin

An echo is nothing

EA gave a fucking E92 M3 for the promotion of need for speed shift

Christopher Turner
Christopher Turner

That picture was taken seconds before they went on a killing spree.

Daniel Gonzalez
Daniel Gonzalez

Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0

Connor Baker
Connor Baker

mfw I drive a 19-year-old two-door car

Gavin Nelson
Gavin Nelson

well technically, WaW take place between 1941-1945, not sure if that's what you meant

Aiden Long
Aiden Long

TAILZ SUCCER
SONEK SKETBORED
ROGUE AND EMMY DENNIS
CREAM BUTTFLUBBER CATCH
SHADEW BASSKETBOLL
KNOCKELS BAZEBOLL

Grayson Foster
Grayson Foster

Wtf are those 'playstation' controllers?

Brandon James
Brandon James

That's fucking nothing, my car is 25 years old. It's older than I am.

Benjamin Jones
Benjamin Jones

Well I currently drive a 15 year old sedan with no distinct markings so having a FFVIII car would be a step up. There has to be something unique about the interior

Josiah Nelson
Josiah Nelson

It's almost like gaming is a bigger medium today than it was in the 90s and they spend a lot more money on advertising!

Ethan Peterson
Ethan Peterson

Haha, cool. I wonder if the car had any special FFVIII or Square badges on it.

All I ever won was a Starfox Weekend jacket for scoring highest at my local Software Etc.

Kevin Rodriguez
Kevin Rodriguez

EA gave
Whoever won is likely paying for the car because EA put in some "you still have to pay for the car plus our fee"

Levi Kelly
Levi Kelly

Babbage's still exist, today they just call themselves GameStop

Mason Rivera
Mason Rivera

babbages had turbografx games!
gamestop don't got that!

Ryan Jenkins
Ryan Jenkins

Same with EB Games. They just bought them out, and then eventually replaced the signs on the buildings.

James Smith
James Smith

I won the Original GTX Titan in a prize draw from a local computer store. Filled out a card and dropped a fiver in a donation bin to give homeless people a Christmas dinner. Effectively paid $5 for a $1000 graphics card. I still use it today.

Ethan Kelly
Ethan Kelly

The closest thing I got to winning something was getting a cheap gym bag with Lugia and Ho-Oh on it at a Pokemon tournament because I waited hours in the line and got cut off at the last minute. Hurray?

Nolan Miller
Nolan Miller

EB Games was bought out by GameStop. Babbage's is what GameStop was formerly known as until they rebranded themselves around the turn of the millennium. Same company, different name.

Thomas Anderson
Thomas Anderson

Maybe the first levels start at 1941, but I was answering the years of WWII. I should have just said World War II

Jaxon Moore
Jaxon Moore

Ooooh! I didn't know that. Damn. I grew up with a GameXchange nearby, so I never fucked with anything else.

Anyone who has a GameXchange knows what I'm talking about.

Jayden Morales
Jayden Morales

advertorial

Sebastian Reyes
Sebastian Reyes

I miss funcoland breh, buying NES games for like 1$ and playstation games for like 10$ was the shit, then gamestop came in and bought everyone out and ruined the fun, and now the second hand market is an absolute shitfest with common shit like earthbound costing 500$+

Adam King
Adam King

Honestly, depending on how big the island is, and if it meant I can do whatever the fuck I wanna do in there, then its worth it.
I need some place away from the law where I can do some fucked up shit.

Elijah Martin
Elijah Martin

Got to talk to Peach's VA
I wonder how fucking annoyed she was throughout the whole thing. What would she talk to a little boy about? Peach's boobies size?

Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee

actually the game takes place during 1942-1945 but 1939-1945 is perfectly fine, non-autistic answer

Austin Ramirez
Austin Ramirez

I want peach to wash me.

Elijah Kelly
Elijah Kelly

no one drawing a parody comic where the guy turns around and rapes Peach

Looks like a draw user thread request

Ian Nelson
Ian Nelson

Still had
He DOES, dipshit. It's in his parents' attic.

William Edwards
William Edwards

GameXChange

I got a used GameCube controller from them in perfect condition for $15, used games are usually decent prices consistent with lower end eBay prices. Good stuff.

Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris

and she just ordered something to drink.
What a fucking bitch.

Ayden Moore
Ayden Moore

Look at the comments, he checked and it wasn't there.

Sebastian Hall
Sebastian Hall

Oh, my bad, user.

I generally try to avoid YouTube comments.

It's probably in a dump somewhere now.

Ryan Sanchez
Ryan Sanchez

i don't know if i should hate you, or love you

Bentley Howard
Bentley Howard

I know a guy who won the Purple PSVR sweepstakes they had a couple months ago. Definitely legit.

Jordan Ross
Jordan Ross

This is better.

Benjamin Taylor
Benjamin Taylor

how the fuck do you think she maintains her supermodel figure? Jesus

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

3DO

Justin Harris
Justin Harris

Good guy Dredd doesn't enforce laws that haven't been passed yet.

Ryan Nguyen
Ryan Nguyen

The only thing I remember winning was $20 from Pepsi. They had some Star Wars thing where if you found a golden Yoda can in a 24 pack, you sent it in or something and they sent you a check.

The check had some scene from the 2nd movie it, I wish I'd had taken a picture but I was young. They sent us an empty golden can that we kept for a while, but my parents split it and it disappeared.

Leo Nguyen
Leo Nguyen

man egoraptor fell too hard

Liam Fisher
Liam Fisher

Some of them bother me yet others i'm fine with

IIRC, lol, i use them frequently. But 'mfw' 'tfw' 'kys', all of those bother the fuck out of me

especially the last one, if you're going to tell someone to commit suicide be creative about it, for fucks sake

Matthew Watson
Matthew Watson

toyota
I bet that shit still runs good.

Lucas Murphy
Lucas Murphy

She was sent to have dinner with this kid, not sip a diet pepsi and fake giving a shit. She could've at least had a salad.

Xavier Morris
Xavier Morris

the only one i don't know is media play

who remembers suncoast?

Carter Hughes
Carter Hughes

What the fuck are you gonna do you on a "lawless" island you fuckin weeb? Sharpen the anime swords you bought at the mall? Polish your fedora? Jerk it to loli porn?

Real cool edgy dude overhere jerkin it on his lawless island he can do whatever he wants on, shit.

My suggestion to you is to move out of your parents house if you wanna watch anime in peace.

Parker Barnes
Parker Barnes

still use it today
why wouldn't you? isn't the GTX Titan still the highest performance consumer level gpu available?

Asher Evans
Asher Evans

well, who won the fucking car? is he in here? do they even make echos anymore? i haven't seen one is years

Blake Sanders
Blake Sanders

I need some place away from the law
American law would still apply there.

Doesn't matter where it is, the government would find a way to arrest you for whatever porn you looked at while there.

Ryan Allen
Ryan Allen

This was like his last animated work or something.
It was 2013 or 2014?

Luis Gray
Luis Gray

It's certainly possible to scam or fake giveaways, but since it'd ruin the company's reputation and likely be illegal, I doubt it happens very often.

Nathan Stewart
Nathan Stewart

console gaming setup
gaming rig
never seen gaming rig used like that, but I guess it makes sense

William Morales
William Morales

MOTHERFUCKING FUNCOLAND

I miss that shit, it closed down when I was like 9 but there was minigolf, a movie theater, and this weird ass playground that like. I still can't remember what was real and what I remember from dreams but I think THATS the best way to describe that playground.

GOD DAMN I FEEL OLD

Ayden Allen
Ayden Allen

He's talking about the Kepler one, I'd say it's performance would be around a 1080, nothing really big.

Angel Ward
Angel Ward

There's a suncoast in my town's mall.

Matthew Bell
Matthew Bell

It's the Original Titan from 2013. There are far more powerful cards available now, but it still does an amazing job in 1080p in cutting edge titles. I usually just have to drop some of the more demanding settings, but games still look and play amazingly on the card. Since then there have been
GTX Titan Z
GTX Titan X
GTX 980
GTX 1070
GTX 1080
GTX 1080 ti
GTX Titan Z (Same name as the older one, but much more powerful)

And probably a bunch of other cards I've probably forgotten that are more powerful than it. I'm not complaining, and I'm not going to upgrade to something better until 4k is pretty much a standard that can be reached with low end hardware. So probably another 2-3 years.

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

2013 says the YouTube date, but didn't he do that Zelda video that pissed everyone off after that?

Matthew Reyes
Matthew Reyes

He didn't animate that, they hired a team to do it in his style.

Jaxson Hughes
Jaxson Hughes

that post

You posting a salt image with your post is kinda ironic.

Isaiah James
Isaiah James

fantastic ride
toyota

Anthony Fisher
Anthony Fisher

MediaPlay
KBToys
FuncoLand
Babbages
Hollywood video
babbage's

TOYOTA ECHO
TOYOTA ECHO
TOYOTO ECHO
TOYOTA ECHO

I can't deal with this much nostalgia in one picture.

And I never even played final fantasy 8.

Jackson Lewis
Jackson Lewis

Immolate your self

Adrian Morris
Adrian Morris

didnt the team only made the backgrounds though?i heard him saying that somewhere.

Christian Lewis
Christian Lewis

ok, lets get serious, what would a 15 year old will talk about to some random impersonator of Lara?

Grayson Howard
Grayson Howard

Desperately tried to get some fug.

Caleb Collins
Caleb Collins

Lol. There was a recall on the deku and Zora masks because they used lead paint on them.

Jordan Brown
Jordan Brown

buying a modest house with it
$50,000
taxes take half
$25,000 house
maybe like a nice mobile home or something

Dylan Nguyen
Dylan Nguyen

...yup

David Anderson
David Anderson

It would make a nice down payment on a modest house. A decent 3-bedroom in my area is about $100k, putting down 25% would get you an amazing interest rate. You could aim much higher and still have a large down payment to negotiate the mortgage with.

Jordan Martin
Jordan Martin

Maybe that's why Link screams so much when he puts them on.

Hunter Parker
Hunter Parker

dumb asses

Jayden Wilson
Jayden Wilson

That's just how law works

Logan Brooks
Logan Brooks

how is it still there?

Elijah Baker
Elijah Baker

The fine print said thathat island was worth "up to" 50k. Meaning it wasn't, and they said the island may or may not be inhabitantable. Also you were to be responsible for paying any taxes on it.

Angel Gonzalez
Angel Gonzalez

I wonder every time I pass by it. It's like stepping back into the 90s when media stores were still a thing. I always go into it and just look around, but usually don't buy anything. They have a decent anime selection, but the prices just aren't good, even the budget label they have.

Gavin Cooper
Gavin Cooper

Who won that trip to detroit?

Cooper Morales
Cooper Morales

that kind of house is half a million here

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

trip to detroit

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

Half a million what? USD? Where do you live?

Brayden Martinez
Brayden Martinez

Yes and?
You sound like a kid trying to show off

Nathaniel Brooks
Nathaniel Brooks

Thread about winning video game contests

Zachary Hill
Zachary Hill

That looks like the kind of car Squall would drive.

Matthew Hall
Matthew Hall

Fucking kek

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

toyota are good cars. I have a pickup and is the comfiest

Jose Miller
Jose Miller

we're right snoggered now mum

Sebastian Watson
Sebastian Watson

AND I JUST WON

Ethan Miller
Ethan Miller

License plate # "WH473V3R"

Andrew Hughes
Andrew Hughes

I'm sure a trip to Detroit WOULD be action packed.

Didn't they try something similar for Mankind Divided?

Jose Baker
Jose Baker

And soon we'll all be dead.

Lincoln Reyes
Lincoln Reyes

Fuck you mom when I move out me Rhinoa are gonna make it in LA. I'm gonna play guitar in the band and she's gonna be a model you'll see.

Carter Allen
Carter Allen

He's pretty handsome in the cutscenes

Owen Price
Owen Price

I honestly hope someone can draw a picture of Squall in his 2000 Toyota Echo with the WH473V3R license plate.

Henry Jackson
Henry Jackson

I hate prolly. fuck your face with a baseball bat wrapped in dick skins, it's PROBABLY.

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

If you like toilets maybe

Joshua Bailey
Joshua Bailey

considering the age of consent in georgia is 16 he was literally one year away from legally having the best sex of his life, had there not been people from the contest probably there as secret shoppers at the hard rock just in case he tried to put the moves on her and she reciprocated.

Jose Lopez
Jose Lopez

In what porno fantasy land do you think that would ever happen? Why would a model probably getting paid next to nothing to dress in a costume and have lunch with some dorky teenager suddenly decide that she must have sex with him?

Samuel Powell
Samuel Powell

Cool twitter post bro

Adrian Davis
Adrian Davis

Anon's read one too many hentai.

Nolan Phillips
Nolan Phillips

if your a model whose career choices are so fucking poor your doing a gig of dressing up as a videogame character and eating lunch with some dorky teenager...

just saying. you might be pretty impressionable

Austin Young
Austin Young

Well Rob Lowe did it.

Then again that was Rob Lowe.

Matthew Ward
Matthew Ward

Paid gig
Don't have to get naked, or barely naked.
PR event, get your pictures in magazines
Free lunch

Throw it all away in a scandal where you fuck a greasy 16 year old at a pizza hut.

I'm sure if a model wants to get laid, she can do a lot better than random teenagers.

Elijah Richardson
Elijah Richardson

enjoy it while you can
this stuff is banned in the future

Spooky.

Jeremiah Turner
Jeremiah Turner

user it's not like they were giving away an anarchic micronation in a contest. You'd be no safer from the law on that island than you are in your house.

Noah Carter
Noah Carter

HE FUCKED UP, THEY NEVER HAD THE ISLAND

Matthew Peterson
Matthew Peterson

throw it away in a scandal
its the most pr your gonna have in your entire life

and please, if they had the choice of doing that with you as a greasy 15 year old or do porn...

Mason Kelly
Mason Kelly

Studio Yotta did the tweening and backgrounds

Technically he still animated it. In fact that's the way that all professional animators do it. Ralph Bakshi didn't make the entirety of Fritz the cat himself.

Blake Green
Blake Green

post pics

William Clark
William Clark

WIN JAPAN

O I AM LAFFIN

kek

Julian Watson
Julian Watson

their quality pummeled over the 2 decades

Justin Cox
Justin Cox

I'm still surprised that there was originally going to be a Mask 2
I wasn't, The Mask was THE movie to see if you wanted to be hot shit during recess, it was quoted non-stop back in middle school when it came out, and the only logical next step would be to make a sequel

What I wanna know is who the fuck won THIS contest, and if Nintendo actually had the authority to buy a star for little Nintendo-loving Timmy

http://www.iau.org/public/themes/buying_star_names/

Juan Nguyen
Juan Nguyen

be a britfag
see this shit in Morrisons
sensible chuckle
find out about the screencap later
we're right snoggered now mum
Kek.

Xavier Scott
Xavier Scott

And you thought the official N64 Controller was bad...
Did this thing ever actually hit the market?

Dylan Adams
Dylan Adams

Jesus, looking at it, I think you're supposed to hold it like bicycle handles.

Aiden Jones
Aiden Jones

My ex has a Prius that's pretty dope, she absolutely manhandles her cars, and that thing can take a beating. They also make $10 worth of retarded California gas last, although there's still the fact that you're automatically assumed to be opted-in to Hybrid culture

The Sentra is a huge piece of shit though, I test drove one a few years ago, and it handled like a sandwich, to which the dealer described as "racecar steering"

Joshua Miller
Joshua Miller

boomerang

why

Ryan Wood
Ryan Wood

reality vest for N64

Kevin Baker
Kevin Baker

There was a milk drink company over here (Oak) who did a competition for I think either $10,000 or a trip to Mexico. I mean what the fuck did they think people were going to take?

Jack Nelson
Jack Nelson

I remember for Christmas one year my parents bought me a star and then immediately forgot which one it was.

Nolan Green
Nolan Green

It's a shame the world never got this beauty.

Isaac Carter
Isaac Carter

I wanna assume most of us learned early to doubt the odds when it came to cars being offered as prizes, especially when it came close to full-blown scam territory. McDonalds fixing their Monopoly game was when the allure of being some big winner started to wane on kids/teenagers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW7BeHUVmfE

The word "winner" is complicated when being used in a contest promoting Batman and Robin

Brandon Gray
Brandon Gray

If a big company wanted to officially name a random fuckoff star nobody cared about, I can bet they'd find a way to do it.
But lets be honest, nobody who enters that contest would do it for the star. They'd want the gold coins.

Caleb Bell
Caleb Bell

I'd still love to win all that shit. Imagine

Brandon Allen
Brandon Allen

My car is 22 years old and it still looks and sounds glorious. Toyota mother fucker

Ayden Cox
Ayden Cox

dumpster dived to get the throwaway cups to try and win
looking back on it, it was fitting because the game was trash

Ian Collins
Ian Collins

People who drive supras are always skinny insecure faggots.

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

There are some nice ass resort areas in Mexico. Granted, I'd still probably take the 10k, but if there's one thing the Mexican government is good at, it's making sure the wealthy tourists are kept separate from the rest of the garbage in the country.

Charles Bailey
Charles Bailey

he doesn't want an island to do dope and shoot automatic guns and blow shit up for fun

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

You will never find that vintage Nintendo Power Star Fox hat that your dad bought you from the catalog.

Brody Perez
Brody Perez

you will never buy the SNES Star Fox statue you always saw when you walked into your hometown game store
RIP Rhino Games.

Joseph James
Joseph James

A decent 3-bedroom in my area is about $100k
Holy shit, you'd be lucky to get the land for that much in Australia.
Fucking baby boomers.

Dylan Jackson
Dylan Jackson

$50000 island isnt gonna be big enough for shit
just buy some empty land for $50000, you'll get much more space to do shit

Andrew Cooper
Andrew Cooper

that widescreen GBA SP

Wyatt Powell
Wyatt Powell

not a hatchback supra

Robert Bennett
Robert Bennett

You're not very nice

Jaxson Gomez
Jaxson Gomez

It was good enough for Sony to copy

Zachary Campbell
Zachary Campbell

This looked like it was incredibly comfortable to hold.

Kevin Ortiz
Kevin Ortiz

What does the vest do?

Justin Gomez
Justin Gomez

pass the controller bro
I can't it keeps coming back!

Aaron Powell
Aaron Powell

Anyone remember that Shadowman contest, where you had to name your son as the MC or some shit?

Alexander Peterson
Alexander Peterson

You never won the Viewtiful Joe Vespa

Anyone else remember that from Nintendo Power?

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

It's just a rumble back that you wear, so your body vibrates.

The Genesis had one as well, but it was actually just a big sub woofer that pointed at your chest.

Kevin Anderson
Kevin Anderson

Bethesda had one where if you named your son Dovahkiin and he was born on release day for Skyrim you won Bethesda games for life.

Someone actually won.

Charles Ramirez
Charles Ramirez

I wonder what Dovahkiin and Sephiroth are up to these days

Kevin Fisher
Kevin Fisher

Damn, that's some shit

Jayden Peterson
Jayden Peterson

Just call him an ignorant retard who's too lazy to look anything up himself.

Nathan Hill
Nathan Hill

That's fucked up. Whoever came up with that should have been fired

James Howard
James Howard

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/i122874/Gravestone-Ad-Campaign-For-Shadowman/
Acclaim are set to start their marketing campaign for Shadowman 2 next week in the U.K, and it's going to be one with a difference, and one more than likely to cause a stir.

They are going to be doing a "Tombstone" advertising campaign, where they are inviting relatives of the recently deceased to contact them if they are interested in subsidising the costs associated with death, in return for a small advertisement promoting the cult ShadowMan game. The video games company then plans to erect small billboards and sponsor the headstones of the subsidised dead as a permanent advertisement. The imagery on the tombstone ads will feature Le Roi - the games character, and the game's logo.

Shaun White, Communications Manager at Acclaim, said: "The concept of what we're calling 'Deadvertising' is entirely consistent with the theme of the ShadowMan 2econd Coming game and provides us with a permanent presence for our advertising. Content and context are two important principles of marketing ShadowMan."

The company is expecting a rush of enquiries for ShadowMan "deadverts" on gravestones. The company anticipates that it will prove popular with families who could not have otherwise afforded a fitting send off for loved ones.

Logan Baker
Logan Baker

Well at least when the kid grows up he won't have to buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered Special Anniversary Edition XL With Season Pass.

Kayden Young
Kayden Young

It's a 2000 it isn't 17 years ol-

Oh my god

Parker Thompson
Parker Thompson

Acclaim was the master of terrible decisions, remember BMX XXX?

Chase Bell
Chase Bell

I remember my GameInformer talking about how that and DOA:XBV were going to change the face of gaming forever by being risque. All I remember is masturbating excessively to the DOA stuff

Nicholas Bennett
Nicholas Bennett

won
That's a stretch of the word.

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

The game, yeah. If it had any crazy ass promotion, no.

Juan Peterson
Juan Peterson

fuck me id love a toyota echo

Carter Hall
Carter Hall

Well, the son lost more than the Bethesda fanboy that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

Angel Moore
Angel Moore

I do that at like the empty camping lots off the highway here and I live in Canada.
except only semi auto guns. Where would i even buy autos? And what's the point

Anthony Nguyen
Anthony Nguyen

how are those maintenance costs buddy

Jaxson Young
Jaxson Young

I wouldn't even show kek.
Like what's thr fucking point? Id just ask if I can get the gear mailed to me or like a giftcard yo the restaurant.

Luke Ross
Luke Ross

Mario looks pretty bored.

Lincoln Martinez
Lincoln Martinez

lol and behold
That's not right user, those idioms are diamond dozen

Xavier Sanchez
Xavier Sanchez

You never had your name inside a cave in a Nintendo Game.

Hunter Torres
Hunter Torres

Just buy some chess pieces for it

Jace Nelson
Jace Nelson

saved

Samuel Reed
Samuel Reed

Good job user saved.

Oliver Wright
Oliver Wright

Uhh, Funcoland was a video game retailer that eventually became Gamestop, it wasn't an amusement park.

Easton Fisher
Easton Fisher

Apparently, they also paid for the kids college.

Michael Moore
Michael Moore

really? Huh, I remember a place in northern Delaware that had a name VERY similar if not the same. My mistake.

Hudson Hughes
Hudson Hughes

Well hey that's actually really cool.

Parker Gutierrez
Parker Gutierrez

Gotta do something to make the poor kid's life less shit.

In 18 years, we'll have little Dovakhin posting here about how awful his life is and how he never leaves his room at uni and how everyone makes fun of him.

Screen cap this it'll happen.

Kevin Hughes
Kevin Hughes

It must be embarrassing being so easily and immediately outed as a retarded liar

Benjamin Collins
Benjamin Collins

Not him, but I'd be willing to be there've been a lot of amusement centres, parks, and carnivals that have had the words "fun" and "land" in them over the years. It's not Funcoland, but it's probably something similar.

Ethan Hall
Ethan Hall

The fact that this room was just a glorified glitch handler requiring an incredibly specific bug to pull off was kinda fucked up in the context of a prize promising you a nod in a future game, as I'd wager less than a quarter of LTTP players ever saw this around the the time of the contest finishing

Aaron Jenkins
Aaron Jenkins

I'd be willing to bet fewer than 1% of players ever saw it when the game was current.

Jordan Ortiz
Jordan Ortiz

but this isn't dark souls

Nicholas Martinez
Nicholas Martinez

The day it all began

Julian Fisher
Julian Fisher

What is about BMX XXX?

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

do they keep the consoles under the taco "meat" or what

Jack Jackson
Jack Jackson

He also looks red, did they push him out early to win faster?

Oliver Cox
Oliver Cox

echo location

Christopher Martin
Christopher Martin

I know that companies like Skittles put a lot of their winning sweepstakes bags or whatever in places they won't be opened for years.

They've been found in MREs before, which often aren't opened until after the contest is over, and often in places where even if they were still going the person wouldn't be able to claim it.

Xavier Green
Xavier Green

Often you can request the winner(s) of sweepstakes or w/e by mail postcard, or email.

Usually it's all in the fine print.

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

I won a replica statue of the one in front of Blizzard headquarters, an orc riding a worg, at a cataclysm release event.

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

The only thing I ever won was a free shirt from being part of Sony's Gamer Advisory Panel.

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

implying he lives that long

Andrew Evans
Andrew Evans

the only thing ive ever won was a bookbag and some school supplies for guessing how many marbles were in a jar at bbq restaurant.

Noah Bennett
Noah Bennett

Destroy the ionic bond between your own molecules

Cameron Martinez
Cameron Martinez

Today, there was this huge black man with a guitar around his neck shouting and shit, I felt uncomfortable as he got closer to me and then I realized he was actually shouting at me. He was really aggressively asking for the time and then he told me to get out my phone, so I told him I didn't have a phone and he walked off. I'm only mentioning this whole story because when this happened I was actually walking home with a rustler for my lunch, and I live in London. Seeing this picture now, before I go to bed, feels like everthing that happened today has come together.

Liam Sullivan
Liam Sullivan

I got to talk to Charles Martinet as Mario through a virtual screen where he saw me and I saw Mario, complete with his mouth moving and gesticulation. This was when it was still the Pokemon Center in NYC and not the shitty Nintendo World today

Unfortunate how times changed

Xavier Kelly
Xavier Kelly

A game that tried too hard to be edgy because it had nudity and lots of innuendo. But the game bombed because some retailers wouldn't carry it and the game was a bugged piece of shit.

Acclaim seemed to think of the old adage "all publicity is good publicity," but in the end, BMX XXX just remains a lesson that controversy =/= sales.

Aaron Martin
Aaron Martin

a won two front of the line passes at Cedar Point by winning a game of Plinko. some bitch 12 year old girl lost both of her attempts and i went up right after her and won.
went on the top thrill dragster twice with those tickets.
most vindictive moment of my life

Jaxon Howard
Jaxon Howard

Did you even get free ribs or something?

Connor Long
Connor Long

I remember something like this. I remember people asking troublesome questions like 'why don't you let luigi have some spotlight' and 'why was (game) so bad', and the awkward pause where the guy had to think of a new way to just make mario essentially say 'I can't answer that, yahoo!'. I think I saw this all in a video that was posted on Sup Forums some years ago.

Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson

no

Zachary Carter
Zachary Carter

i dont get how this is any worse then the actual n64 controller

Jayden Baker
Jayden Baker

I waited like three hours to ride the Top Thrill Dragster, totally worth it

Charles Johnson
Charles Johnson

Yeah and minimum wage was like $5

Nolan Ward
Nolan Ward

The Pokémon center was the first floor of Nintendo World. It's Nintendo NYC today

Carter Lewis
Carter Lewis

At least with the 64's pitchfork controller you can have your wrists relaxed at a neutral position.
Now try to imagine holding that thing. You'd need to have your wrists raised with your hands pointing down at an angle. It would get really tiresome really quickly.

Mason Bell
Mason Bell

win a Vita by spending less than a Vita cost, even considering the second attempt PS4 cost

Wow, what a fag right?

Dylan Cruz
Dylan Cruz

Reminder that this man owns a twenty-five thousand dollar chalice for being good at Atari games.

Jace Johnson
Jace Johnson

Im not big on FF8 but I fucking love its logo

Hands down the best logo in the series

Michael Campbell
Michael Campbell

Did the game even make a million?

Hunter Jackson
Hunter Jackson

wish i had a pimp cup

Luis Sullivan
Luis Sullivan

But why would she even need to do porn?

Parker Bennett
Parker Bennett

no, it was shit and nobody bought it and they threw the contest in the trash hoping people would forget

Josiah Mitchell
Josiah Mitchell

looked true to form

Hudson King
Hudson King

muh dik

Nolan Foster
Nolan Foster

t. Taco bell marketeer

Ethan Anderson
Ethan Anderson

housing market bubble
heres 200k for something that cost you 20k to make

Nicholas Barnes
Nicholas Barnes

If you reversed gender roles people would scream pedo

Josiah Young
Josiah Young

whats on his desk
a bunch of battery packs or some shit?

David Cooper
David Cooper

good thing lara croft isnt a man...?

Easton Diaz
Easton Diaz

It's a doggy dog world, user, don't worry about it.

Jackson Howard
Jackson Howard

of course, everybody knows you need at least a nuclear reactor to keep a game gear running for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Julian Collins
Julian Collins

Funcoland use to actually have lists and a website where you could look up their prices for all trade-ins. Also Media Play was overpriced for movies but like 25% of the store was full of cool Japanese toys and other collectibles.

John Martin
John Martin

Not games, but I won some designer bag on some website. It was like $300 when I checked the value.

It's sat in my closet since I got it. I only entered because an acquaintance did the site layout or some dumb shit.

Dominic Morales
Dominic Morales

I would hate to win some sort of expensive prize that isn't cash. Because I'll be force to sell it in order to pay for taxes. Unless the company doesn't the prize shit is bad at filing their tax forms. Then I'm okay with winning a bunch of free shit.

Prizes are just an easy way for a company to not pay any taxes anyway.

David Torres
David Torres

he's the only one who kept his prize
everything else is presumably melted down

Bentley Morgan
Bentley Morgan

Won a few things in small raffles before, but my dad won some kind of anti-piracy contest in his college days. You purchased some kind of test floppy to duplicate and the program on it would check to see if it was a genuine disk. My dad broke the copy protection and was confirmed a valid winner but the company went out of business before they could pay him.

OOPS.

Adam Ward
Adam Ward

The Pokémon center was the first floor of Nintendo World. It's Nintendo NYC today
Before Nintendo world, it was a full fledged Pokemon center like the ones in Japan back in the 90s. But considering you're an underageb& (or newfag, can't tell), I can see why you say this now.

The first floor was nothing compared to what it used to be. The top floor was a better tribute to Nintendo than it is now.

Joseph Myers
Joseph Myers

Underrated post

Ian Allen
Ian Allen

draw two pictures and shake them around in a video editing tool
animation

Hudson Torres
Hudson Torres

AVGN did some investigation on it. This guy was the only one to receive a prize before Atari went bankrupt. Rumor is second prize, a shield or some shit, is sitting in a former Atari exec's house. The other two prizes part of this contest were never made.

Jackson Rodriguez
Jackson Rodriguez

I remember that date, such innocent times.
tfw we won't have another 9.9.99 until 82 years

Oliver Rivera
Oliver Rivera

You can't place the blame only on Gamestop. Internet markets like eBay and faggot ass collectors (be it hoarders/braggarts, or the YT variety) play a large part

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

It was the Dreamcast launch date bro

Nathaniel Myers
Nathaniel Myers

Peach is helping his little sister, you sick fuck.

Cameron Roberts
Cameron Roberts

his

Justin Parker
Justin Parker

Wait.. a fucking car?

wtf..

Robert Sanchez
Robert Sanchez

implying girls wouldn't love a night out with Duke

Ian Mitchell
Ian Mitchell

The real answer is that they're cartridges.

The fun answer is yes. He has to switch out batteries every 10 minutes.

Camden Moore
Camden Moore

My friend really wanted to win this contest.

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

I've never won a single lucky draw in my life

Fuck

Cameron King
Cameron King

yeah, it would be holding a steering wheel near the top

literally impossible

Ayden Allen
Ayden Allen

As of recent? Fucking barely.

Justin Allen
Justin Allen

a rush of enquiries

i need to know the follow up

Hunter Jenkins
Hunter Jenkins

why would she need to have lunch with a pasty teenager?

Lucas Ortiz
Lucas Ortiz

the ones in Japan back in the 90s

japan has poke centers what the fuck are you smoking

Daniel Robinson
Daniel Robinson

cartridges

Admitedly my first thought, but I want to believe.

Zachary Williams
Zachary Williams

And now you're here on Sup Forums.

Times change, huh?

Joshua Fisher
Joshua Fisher

Who won the god damn car? I demand answers.

Austin Clark
Austin Clark

Squall

Juan Young
Juan Young

He'll go crazy like that kid who acted as Anakin in Phantom Menace.

Grayson Gonzalez
Grayson Gonzalez

that kid in black stealthily beating his meat

Kevin Sullivan
Kevin Sullivan

Gets to live the classic kid's fantasy of being in Star Wars
His movie sucked and he's never been able to live it down
Fate plays cruel tricks.

William Reyes
William Reyes

I feel like this would make a cool AVGN video. It'd be like his Sword Quest video.

Caleb Williams
Caleb Williams

My mom was on The Price is Right

Bob Barker told her to stop talking

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

What was that Xbox Hueg game that was suppose to have a huge contest where you found shit in game and you could win 100k or some shit? Advent Horizon? What happened?

Noah Allen
Noah Allen

No wonder people were staring.

Cameron Sanders
Cameron Sanders

It's not odd at all, Nintendo like all media corps wants to save that penny till it's forced by law to give it up.

Anthony White
Anthony White

See and the thing has quite a sad history. It was meant to be the first in an epic saga but the entire project basically died out of the gate. The guys originally behind it didn't even get to retain the rights to the name or characters, so they couldn't even make it live on as a comic like they wanted to.

Luke Morales
Luke Morales

Chicken wuss

Wyatt Myers
Wyatt Myers

Delet this

Jordan Hill
Jordan Hill

Your descendants will be compensated

But what if he turns out to be gay??

Luke Moore
Luke Moore

exactly what went through my mind too

i remember FFVIII like it was yesterday

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

Give him a balamb cafeteria hotdog

Brayden Morales
Brayden Morales

Leon from a comic from years ago...why is this relevant and why does Sup Forums keep posting it?

I know the original art got an update or something, but that doesn't warrant it becoming some LE NEW MAYMAY XD.

Oliver Watson
Oliver Watson

For a second there I thought the kid got to fuck Lora Croft kek

Leo Lopez
Leo Lopez

FFVIII was 17 years ago
Oh my god.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

Time to make you feel even older

FF7 is older than I am

Samuel Martin
Samuel Martin

Lmao, 23 years old. Not that I would like to change. Pic not mine but same color.

Chase Adams
Chase Adams

Gurren Lagann was 10 years old

Josiah Kelly
Josiah Kelly

Whatever happened to the action-packed trip to Detroit?

Christian Nguyen
Christian Nguyen

The people who won were never seen or heard from again.

Detroit, not even once.

Jason Scott
Jason Scott

I hope you go back and play it, user. It's worth it.

I told me mum we was right snoggered and it put us right off it.

Jacob Baker
Jacob Baker

DOVAKHIN IS GOING TO BE 6 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR

Ayden Roberts
Ayden Roberts

Who would wanna a seventeen year old Toyota?

Austin Wood
Austin Wood

meanwhile in the city of Initial D

Ayden King
Ayden King

DEJA VU

Connor Edwards
Connor Edwards

I already have, one of the first JRPGs I ever played that wasn't Pokemon and I go back to it every couple of years.

Liam Moore
Liam Moore

That sounds kinda stupid, i mean every trip to Detroit is action-packed.

Joseph Stewart
Joseph Stewart

RUNNING IN THE 90S

Jackson Hall
Jackson Hall

Holy shit I still have one of those Sonic or Tales ones in a drawer somewhere!

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

I'm thinking about printing out the FF8 100% guide from Gamefag and playing through a perfect save game.

What do you guys think? I heard it takes like 200 hours but it's a pretty fun game.

Zachary Fisher
Zachary Fisher

If you have the free time, willpower, and you honestly think doing it will bring a satisfactory amount of joy into your life, then godspeed, user.

Austin Roberts
Austin Roberts

I did it, and I don't think it took that long.

I got bored eating monsters though, so I guess it wasn't true 100%?

Jose Thomas
Jose Thomas

RE discussion is at an all time high with 7 about to coming out and a lot of it is people nostalgic over 4 and how much of a retard Leon was in it.

Xavier Thompson
Xavier Thompson

Which one?

I used to use the one called Powerup Guide (I think the writer is Aya Brea) or someshit and its pretty cool

Teaches you how to blew up the game with 0 level up and card all game. And proceed with stat bonus GF and all the way to 99 powerup

Evan Hall
Evan Hall

You using the Steve guide? I've always wanted to do it myself. Godspeed, user.
tfw to this day still have never gotten all the GFs to level 100
I'll have to do a low-level playthrough soon, I'm due my FFVIII playthrough.

Dylan Moore
Dylan Moore

i remember this game, swordquest.
I never understand the game because they need to be played with a comic book, the game has been created only for this "championship".
It´s a very interesting story about how the industry managed to merge real prizes with games, creating the first batch of "gamers".

Liam Wood
Liam Wood

This one:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197343-final-fantasy-viii/faqs/72431

Getting a perfect file takes many hundreds of hours, so be aware of this if you want to try.
For a Perfect Game, you need to have no characters KO'd, and exactly one escaped battle (there is a battle that cannot be won and an escape is forced; I'll let you know when the time comes).

Owen Ross
Owen Ross

OK, I only 100% in terms of getting everything. And yes, I mean every card.

Triple Triad is probably way less tedious on a rom or whatever.

Henry Robinson
Henry Robinson

EB stopped existing the moment Gamestop bought them out. It just cost too much to roll out cosmetic changes quickly, and it also gave customers the illusion of choice.

Nolan Jackson
Nolan Jackson

Anything that brings attention to retro games can make them go up in price, its hilarious.

dude runs little samson at AGDQ, an already notoriously expensive game
says that its 1200 dollars and not feasible for most people
before the dudes sentence is even finished the game is on ebay for 2000+

I remember when that shit was only like 500$, so either the game has suddenly had a worse print run due to a time paradox or AGDQ has literally inflated the price of a slightly above average NES platformer

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

rims definitely bring out your inner gronk

Owen Bell
Owen Bell

Think star is cute as fuck
Date a crazy girl like her and then realize that it's not fun
Broke up with her but still kinda miss her

Why am I attracted to crazy? Is it because I'm a boring shmoe?

Adrian Reyes
Adrian Reyes

complaining about the color
not complaining about it being a fucking Toyota Echo.

Blake Parker
Blake Parker

Which FFVIII is better

PS1 or Steam version?

Joseph King
Joseph King

had a gf
broke up with her
uses Pepe
RRREEEEEEEEEEE

Thomas Anderson
Thomas Anderson

FFVIII was a Christmas present for me in 1999
That was over 17 years ago
Just fuck my entire life up senpai.

Joseph Mitchell
Joseph Mitchell

Be 6 years old or so
Always got to go to Funcoland
They had that display case of open box or used GB games
Employees didn't think I was a little shit, actually let me pick a game to try on their gameboy
Would just stand and play for hours, sometimes I would get to buy the game

In hindsight I have no clue how my parents had the patience for that

Alexander Turner
Alexander Turner

sweatingperson.jpg

Gabriel Sanders
Gabriel Sanders

I wish Sup Forums was more like reddit so we wouldn't lose interesting little stories like these forever.

David Phillips
David Phillips

Anyone know what happened with this?

Hudson Myers
Hudson Myers

PS1 has the advantage of running at a native 240p which hides how ugly some of the shit is, PC can run the models at a higher resolution but the backgrounds will forever be at an SD resolution. Pick your poison

Jaxon Rogers
Jaxon Rogers

Arent there still EBs in Canada.

Carson Lopez
Carson Lopez

technically, yes
but its just another name for gamestop

Luis Cruz
Luis Cruz

He earned it. Good job, Atari-man. Good job.

Daniel Cox
Daniel Cox

In what fucking universe would that ever happen

Landon Wilson
Landon Wilson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynY2begPzoM

Ryder Adams
Ryder Adams

you silly naive child

Jose Ward
Jose Ward

if anyone bought that they deserve not having a million dollars. The only two things on that list of prizes that are really expensive are the car and the space flight, which sure having a nice car is great but if you have a million dollars you'd buy it without this retarded package.

also the "dubstep" gun is only worth $450.00

Daniel Cruz
Daniel Cruz

I remember that Sonic game, when I was little once a McDonalds I went to ran out of boy toys so when my parents went to exchange it the manager came out and handed me it telling me it wasn't supposed to come out until next month.

Camden Sullivan
Camden Sullivan

yeah they "gave" you a BMW so you can suffer with the parts replacement. better just sell it and go nippon

Aaron Parker
Aaron Parker

isnt that what the archive is for???

Daniel Bennett
Daniel Bennett

hitch with a 3 inch drop flipped over to work on the car

Very nice

Isaac Lopez
Isaac Lopez

Pretty sure I saw that guitar on craigslist years ago for $6k. Could have been a scam, but hey someone surely won it right? Nintendo Power wouldn't do us like that.

Shit, I wish I saw it again. If it wasn't a fucking Jackson I'd think about dropping 6 large on it.

James Gomez
James Gomez

I bet it's that guy who posted the Selphie/Balamb dream thread that won it.

Camden Reyes
Camden Reyes

I have conflicting opinions about this car.
On one hand, it's rather bland looking, but who wouldn't want a free car?

On the other hand, it'd be cool if it were decked out in a Final Fantasy theme, but then it'd be an embarrassing virginmobile that I'd never want to drive in public.

Nolan Lewis
Nolan Lewis

lel

Samuel Cooper
Samuel Cooper

which game was it that offered something ludicrous like a $500k crown jewel if you completed all of the games, only for the last game to never come out

it had themes, think AVGN did a video on it.

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

There was something like that on the Atari 2600.

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

Protects your virginity.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page