RE4 turned 12

Eli Murphy
Eli Murphy

RE4 turned 12. Happy birthday to the best video game ever created.

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/resident-evil-4
Austin Harris
Austin Harris

I know you're b8ing but RE4 is really good.

Andrew Reyes
Andrew Reyes

RE4 isn't even proper Resident game. It all went to shit after Veronica.

Caleb Diaz
Caleb Diaz

This game has held up pretty well for its age. It's been ported to 3 different console generations and the latest remaster looks really nice.

Jonathan Ortiz
Jonathan Ortiz

Man, hard to believe. So much nostalgia thinking back to it and how great it ended up being.

Hope RE7 can get me back to caring about the series. A lot of positivity floating around it.

Blake Bell
Blake Bell

I know you're b8ing
Obviously. There's no way it's been

FUCK

Nicholas Hill
Nicholas Hill

Got it for PS4 last September. After being blown away by it when I was a kid, it was still just as fun today as it was 12 years ago.

Real shame about RE5 and 6, but 4 is a great game even if it did fuck up the series in the long run.

Adam Hall
Adam Hall

Red9 is for dicksuckers.

Punisher every day.

Jacob Sullivan
Jacob Sullivan

Dat aesthetic though.

Robert Campbell
Robert Campbell

This. That reloading animation is orgasmic

Parker Myers
Parker Myers

Blacktail for life

Ethan Campbell
Ethan Campbell

Happy birthday to the shitty game that destroyed the entire franchise and contaminated it with nintendrones and leon fags

Caleb Martin
Caleb Martin

Still the best game I have ever played.

Now before newfags
imply
I literally have one of the largest physical collections of Vidya on this board, and a decent steam lost to boot (178 right now, not counting physical).
Nothing I have played has ever topped RE4. It's the only game after 12 years I can play on its original console and not feel like I forgot to equip my nostalgia goggles.

It Is Literally the perfect game. May it's reign be long.

Hunter Martin
Hunter Martin

Sure faggot have fun pumping 8 rounds of pistol ammo into an enemy while I'm over here 2 shotting every mook that comes at me.

A fully upgraded Red9 can solo the game easily.

Brayden Lopez
Brayden Lopez

This.

Carter Richardson
Carter Richardson

RE4 was fine. 5 was the game that started the decline, it was a complete rehash of 4 with an even shittier plot and less fun enemies.

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown

I bet you only completed RE4 once you faggot. Ever felt the joy of massacring hoardes of ganados with a Typewriter/PRL/Handcannon?

Camden Wright
Camden Wright

hurr RE4 sucks

Yeah well. Maybe you're just an idiot, ever think of that?

Joshua Johnson
Joshua Johnson

NO WAY

FAG
A
G

Wyatt Parker
Wyatt Parker

It's the only game after 12 years I can play on its original console and not feel like I forgot to equip my nostalgia goggles.

DMC3? Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels? F.E.A.R? Half-Life 1? Doom? Quake? Unreal? You must have a collection of shovelware to be quite honest.

Penetrating multiple enemies feels so gooood.

Ryder Adams
Ryder Adams

This is definitely one of the best of all time. I use that sparingly, because there's many amazing ones, but this definitely fits the bill. Most of my favorite games are 90's PC games, but shit this game is fucking amazing.

Logan Campbell
Logan Campbell

I don't think a game can be perfect, but I think RE4 definitely comes close.I usually don't replay many games but RE4 is one of the few games I can replay several times over and still have fun.

My ONLY real complaint is that the pacing takes a bit of a dive after the bugs in the sewer. But that's saying a game goes from perfect to great, only other issue is the QTEs but as a game that popularized them they're fairly well done.

Justin Price
Justin Price

Not as good as that thick, girthy 6.5 damage per round.

Jace Clark
Jace Clark

RE4 was fine

No it wasn't. It was a dumb action game with ammo and saves everywhere. Horror games shouldn't have a fucking shop.

Nolan Richardson
Nolan Richardson

Says you, nigger.

Owen Carter
Owen Carter

We could have had ghosts in Resident Evil

Levi Howard
Levi Howard

I bet you like trash like 0 and CV

Leo Anderson
Leo Anderson

It was the only TPS outside of Max Payne that was truly enjoyable to play at the time and it was fun as fuck. It wasn't a horror game, but it was a great TPS.

Noah Hernandez
Noah Hernandez

Handguns are for limp-wristed children, TMP for great justice.

Levi Martin
Levi Martin

So is it just me, or does the suplex seem to have a harder time to trigger before getting to the castle?

First time I did it I lost my shit.

Parker Lee
Parker Lee

And we're celebrating it with an upcoming release of the worst RE game ever.

Lincoln Smith
Lincoln Smith

But Umbrella Corps exists.

Kayden Murphy
Kayden Murphy

And we're celebrating it with an upcoming release of the worst RE game ever.
They're remaking Code Veronica?

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

It just doesn't happen until that point.

Michael Peterson
Michael Peterson

So is it just me, or does the suplex seem to have a harder time to trigger before getting to the castle?
You can't perform the suplex before the castle.

Colton Peterson
Colton Peterson

RE4 was decent. Better than a lot of shooters, but far from best of all time.

Nolan Nelson
Nolan Nelson

this and remake looked amazing for their time, both games still hold up really well today, mostly with the models, so a little HD remaster style polish on some of the textures is all you need.

It has more to do with the diminishing returns gaming is starting to face when it comes to graphics though, there has been almost no progress in the last decade besides adding slightly more photo realism

Nathan Martinez
Nathan Martinez

Remember when ORC was supposed to be Fallout meets RE? Oh, the lies that were told.

Jordan Morgan
Jordan Morgan

My fucking negro

Carson Sullivan
Carson Sullivan

I'm a little bitch that gets scared by everything. How scary and gory is this game? Are there jump scares?
I've never played any horror game, the closest I got was bottom of the well in OoT

Benjamin Nguyen
Benjamin Nguyen

It's an action game with minor horror and no jumpscares, have fun.

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

There are no frightening portions of the game. It's a straightforward third person shooter.

Chase Walker
Chase Walker

if you panic easy and are bad at aiming, you're gonna have a good time

Joseph Perez
Joseph Perez

It's a lot more action oriented than the other RE games, but it still has emphasis on horror. There aren't many jump scares but if you get scared easily you might progress somewhat slowly.

You'll stop being spooked by the enemies after you start neckbreaking everything in mercenaries with hunk tho

Parker Parker
Parker Parker

No mention of your first encounter with the regenerator?

Asher Gonzalez
Asher Gonzalez

Sounds good. Tried REmake and I couldn't get pass the controls.

Matthew Ward
Matthew Ward

the game still has tankish controls, if you couldn't play REmake, then stay away, its not exactly DMC

Brayden Miller
Brayden Miller

I did say minor horror; my first encounter went pretty good, I just blew off a leg and ran.

Oliver Cruz
Oliver Cruz

There's some tension because you can hear it breathing before you encounter it but this is kind of a nonissue considering you're carrying a high powered sniper rifle armed with a heat tracking scope, there's only a handful of them, and walk so slow they can't ever actually get to you.

I found Dead Space to be a lot scarier because everything came running right at you and the possibility of getting cornered by a death machine with swords for arms was a regular issue. In 4 90% of all enemies just sort of trudge along with all the purpose of a fat man at a salad bar so there was very little concern when facing most enemies.

David Scott
David Scott

Jordan Lopez
Jordan Lopez

I actually played the bery start of RE4 a few months ago, but dropped it after the crazy villagers left the first area. The controls may be similar, but the camera angle helps a lot. The controls combined with the camera angles were the reason I droped REmake

I assume this means most enemies move very slowly? I'm playing on Wii, so I think I'll go with pointer controls. Would that make it too easy?

Jose Hall
Jose Hall

Those necromorph's ferocity and coupled with isaacs lack of words other than grunting help really set the atmosphere that not even your fucking character will fill the void with badly executed dialogue.

It was an eerie game and 2s almost saving grace was going back. That gave me fucking chills.

Christopher Miller
Christopher Miller

WHAT ARE YA BUYIN

Nathaniel Morales
Nathaniel Morales

Most enemies move slower than Leon who at his fastest just sort of power walks. The game puts you in tight corners pretty frequently but just check your corners and pay attention to Ashley's head when you're moving through an area and you'll know when your about to get jumped from behind because she'll turn and look at whatever's behind you. Headshots followed by the QTE melee attacks are room clearers and will handle a solid 80% of all encounters.

Tyler Reyes
Tyler Reyes

Great game but it turned the series into shit. Hopefully RE7 delivers.

Jayden Williams
Jayden Williams

Dead Space was pretty GOAT honestly, even 2 was pretty good. Biggest problem I had with 2 is that the last section of the game is a fucking slog from hell and I wound up just running through most rooms. The game completely gives up the ghost and it's just constantly throwing the black necromorphs at you and by that point you're just ready to see the ending.

1 was a real gem though, honestly I consider it on equal footing with 4 and in some cases better. 1 told a better story to be sure and up until 3 Dead Space was a lot better with world building and the little details and the "tools" Isaac uses are still some of the coolest weapons that come to mind in recent games.

What's genuinely amazing is EA has been pretty clear that they're not just dropping the IP and have some kind of plans for it in the future despite the low sales of 3 and they really do seem to understand what people's issues with 2/3 were and if they do bring it back they seem to understand that it's meant to be a horror game rather than a straight up shooter.

Xavier Allen
Xavier Allen

I'll have two number 9s

Hunter Martin
Hunter Martin

a number 9 large

Angel Kelly
Angel Kelly

Currently sitting with a 96 on Metacritic, Resident Evil 4 is in the running for best game of all time.

Do you agree?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/resident-evil-4

Jeremiah Diaz
Jeremiah Diaz

you might better off using GC controller. What he meant is that the game has dynamic difficulty at all times. If you miss a lot of shots and get hit a lot, you're gonna get a lot of item drops and less enemies. On the flipside, perfect aiming and dodging is gonna have no items and a lot of ganados.

Oliver James
Oliver James

castle section almost complete
island is all in progress
can fix lighting bugs now too

hype for release this year

Eli Wood
Eli Wood

Oh, I remember hearing something like that, but forgot about it. I'll continue using the GC controller for now

My backlog is kinda big, but my little sister (who saw me playing the intro a few months ago) keeps telling me to play it, so I'll start tomorrow. She's already 14 and I think gore doesn't bother her too much as long as it's nottoo graphic

Cameron Howard
Cameron Howard

I know it had a pretty long development time due to scrapping the original gameplay, but why don't we get games of this length AND quality anymore? I new game+ this like 7 times and STILL found things I had missed like secrets and new death animations. Makes me happy and sad to remember how great this game was and how bad Crapcom ruined the franchise immediately after.

Nathan Moore
Nathan Moore

If you're not at least willing to entertain this could be the greatest game ever made I don't like you.

Landon Martinez
Landon Martinez

No man it's not scary at all. Also make sure to shoot the water when you get to the lake for the first time. Ultra easter egg coming your way.

Mason Myers
Mason Myers

I don't know about the best video game ever, but it is indeed a perfect game.

Hudson Peterson
Hudson Peterson

Bump

Ethan Long
Ethan Long

Iron Maiden's breathing still haunts me every time I get to that part

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

It was not my first RE so I don't really care. For me it's no better than RE5 or ReRev and only slightly better than RE6.

Luke Harris
Luke Harris

do you think ashley went on to be a ditzy blonde and live her life normally or did she go sherry route and become a super oper8r

Austin Wood
Austin Wood

This

Tyler Clark
Tyler Clark

Is there any way to make this game more enjoyable? I've tried playing through many times but I find it not as enjoyable as classic RE games and I eventually quit.

Jackson Davis
Jackson Davis

The fuck? It's one of the best games ever made dude. I beat it more than 10 times already and it's still as fun. There's something wrong with your taste.

Nicholas Robinson
Nicholas Robinson

Yeah, RE4 is perfect. I can replay it dozens of times and have just as much fun with it. Up their with OoT, Metroid Prime and Super Mario Galaxy.

Jonathan Phillips
Jonathan Phillips

Red9
Blacktail
Faggots all of you faggots

Who Silver Ghost aka "Handgun" Master Race here?

Jack Miller
Jack Miller

5 is fun tho

Carson Cooper
Carson Cooper

Is this new hip meme?

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

Best character in all of Resident Evil
Don't mind him

Adrian Morales
Adrian Morales

Number 6... Extra dip

Gavin Bennett
Gavin Bennett

Oh the ol' hating on RE4 meme again

Jaxon Bailey
Jaxon Bailey

have you seen the beta gameplay for it? looked insanely good

I have no idea what the fuck happened to make it turn out as poorly as it did

Noah Collins
Noah Collins

Neckbreaking everything with hunk

Jose Nguyen
Jose Nguyen

Tankish controls I agree, but movement in RE4 along with OTS camera is wayy better than REmake's tank movement

and having playing both and being a RE4fag, REmake's tank's controls are smooth, but Leon can literally run laps around everybody though

Easton Barnes
Easton Barnes

Wow, you're a cool guy user. I wish I was a true RE fan like you.

Jackson Parker
Jackson Parker

If it weren't for RE4, the franchise would have died after Zero because people were tired of tank controls and fixed camera angles

Caleb Taylor
Caleb Taylor

Which version is the best? I bought it on PS4 again because it was cheap as fuck and looks really improved. Any version looks better?

Daniel Nguyen
Daniel Nguyen

hope its this year been putting off playing it until this is finished

Luis Jenkins
Luis Jenkins

tfw RE4 is your favourite game
tfw you loved/beat RE1-3 numerous times but people still call you a shitter for liking the "franchise killer" more.

Resident Evil 4 will forever compete with my all time favourite game alongside Paper Mario 64

Andrew Morgan
Andrew Morgan

This was definitely one of my favorite parts of the game.

Asher Morgan
Asher Morgan

Hey, I right there with you bud

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

Even the Paper Mario 64 part? If so user, we need to fug.

Michael James
Michael James

Be replaying the game for the fourth time
Get killed by one of those giant flying bugs for the first time
Mfw death animation were Leon's face starts to melt
Brutal as fuck

David Kelly
David Kelly

This

Faggots literally forget that history repeats itself and all this bitching about "MUH ACTION GAEM" and "RE4 RUINED THE FRANCHISE"

was once "TANK CONTROLS ARE DUMB" "THE SERIES IS DYING" "RE IS BORING"

It's like we've come Full circle

Gabriel Morris
Gabriel Morris

Who /Killer7/ here?

Joseph Rogers
Joseph Rogers

The only difference is that old RE games were shit and RE7 is shit and RE4 was actually great.

Elijah Butler
Elijah Butler

Most of the " true RE" fans actually love RE4 and just pretend to hate it because it is the most mainstream(action) RE, so it has a bunch of people who don't care about the series and only liked RE4.

Gavin Hernandez
Gavin Hernandez

We need to fug
Sure why not?

Daniel Campbell
Daniel Campbell

suplex =/= ghost

Anthony Rogers
Anthony Rogers

MOLDY STDs
MOLDY STDs

Robert Scott
Robert Scott

I agree. I still love the original 3, but you have to be a mongoloid to not see that the series was on the track to get stale and fast. RE4 was a breath of fresh air into a series that was losing steam. People will be like, "OMG BUT 3 WAS SO GREAT THERE WAS SO MUCH MORE POTENTIAL" but it really didn't add much to the other games. It just really fine tuned the mechanics we already had. That's not a bad thing by any means; 3 was phenomenal. But it was time to readjust and reexamine what made RE good in the first place.

Do you have a feminine penis?

Carter Cruz
Carter Cruz

God, I fuggen hated that part, died so many times to that fucking fish

Bentley Powell
Bentley Powell

playing 60fps on PC makes all QTE harder and certain QTE impossible

So fucking infuriating.

Joshua Russell
Joshua Russell

Cheers Leon. Here's to the re4HD texture/upgrade pack getting completed this year!

Ian Hughes
Ian Hughes

The only good game in series.

Jace Rodriguez
Jace Rodriguez

you can get the punisher early from the merchant in that lake. took a few playthroughs for me to realize he was there. it's also where the green gem for the village elegant mask is.

Oliver Sanders
Oliver Sanders

RE4 is a 10/10 game.

Henry Butler
Henry Butler

You can get the Punisher long before the lake.

Adam King
Adam King

This. This right here makes me laugh as much as it makes me think. This was a running joke in my little podunk down in the middle of Canada. I had the game and all my friends heard this too. Then, years later, I see everyone on the internet heard the same thing.

The world is a crazy, wonderful place.

Ryan Sullivan
Ryan Sullivan

The controls combined with the camera angles were the reason I droped REmake

so this is the power of nuRE """fans""""

I bet you shit on 7 in RE7 threads

Parker Adams
Parker Adams

if you backtrack from the cemetery. i prefer to keep going straight.

Carson Rivera
Carson Rivera

playing 60fps on PC makes all QTE harder and certain QTE impossible

I don't get it. Playing on PC makes you retard or something?

James Jenkins
James Jenkins

Dude you need to press buttons two times faster.

Zachary Green
Zachary Green

There's a merchant right after the cemetery.

Luis Williams
Luis Williams

Not him but yes.
It is a good game just not a fucking Resident evil. It is a third person shooter for dudebros with zombies.

Samuel Thompson
Samuel Thompson

you need to press buttons two times faster

So it makes you retarded after all? You can't be normal if this is your conclusion.

Charles Cooper
Charles Cooper

No it seems that it's you who's retarded if you can't even google it first.

Lincoln Rodriguez
Lincoln Rodriguez

They patched that, it works the same now IIRC.

Elijah Collins
Elijah Collins

No I can't. Please share your hot source with me.

Sebastian Hill
Sebastian Hill

on a sidetrack, you're not supposed to hit that merchant until the el gigante fight.

Austin Stewart
Austin Stewart

Of all the shit that they copied from 4, why didn't Capcom put anything memorable like the merchant in 5 or 6? It's like they didn't know what made 4 so damn great.

Zachary Carter
Zachary Carter

you can get the Punisher early at the lake
no, you can get it earlier
yeah, but only if you backtrack
no, it's available, like, 30 secs off the path
you're not supposed to go to that merchant until later

I'll just call you a retard and go to bed.

Jonathan Cooper
Jonathan Cooper

people taking shit about mine thrower while going back to their safe boring guns
Wierd guns best guns

William Fisher
William Fisher

anyone play this with steam controller yet?

been meaning to give it a try

Nicholas Collins
Nicholas Collins

Any RE4 random facts to share that other anons might not know?

I didn't realize shooting the lid shut before shooting the necklace would give you a not shit covered necklace until, like, my 5th playthrough.

Henry Richardson
Henry Richardson

But that's not re4hd

Austin Morgan
Austin Morgan

whatever nigger, enjoy your headcanon.

Anthony Gray
Anthony Gray

Most of the trivia's been said before, like how the prototype of re4 spawned this game, devil may cry, and haunting grounds. Haunting grounds also used assets from that prototype and even That Dog is the same model as Hewie.

Carter Russell
Carter Russell

I know. I just really like RE4 and love when people are enthusiastic to talk about it in anyway.

Dylan Cook
Dylan Cook

5x Critical chance

Alexander Thompson
Alexander Thompson

Hows this for trivia. In a secret final cutscene during the waterski, ashley asks him if he would like to come back to her place for some overtime, but instead of the leon's canon dismissal, he instead replies no way fag

Samuel Powell
Samuel Powell

Um, user. That's the European translation. In Western releases, he responds with, "I deny that proposition, you homosexual."

Elijah King
Elijah King

You can do tricks on the jetski.

Justin Powell
Justin Powell

Resident evil 2 isn't a proper resi game

Jayden Russell
Jayden Russell

Macing out the starting shotgun gives infinite range, but the spread and the number of pellets remain the same so you still can hit past 5 feet unless you got lucky

Ayden Morgan
Ayden Morgan

*still cant hit

Joshua Price
Joshua Price

In the NA GCN version, you can walk through the armpits of the first El Gigante.

Brayden Miller
Brayden Miller

Many think that the striker is the better shotgun but there are pros and cons between it and the riot shotgun. The riot guns has tighter spread, higher damage/knockback per distance, farther range, and is aimed at shoulder height for better headshot potential. Striker has the convenience, speed, base damage, but its damage potential is much lower because of its steep damage drop off and it fired from the hip.

Ryan Watson
Ryan Watson

This. This is what I was looking for when I asked said question if it is true.

Ryan Bailey
Ryan Bailey

get free punisher
sell it back to the merchant

Brandon Peterson
Brandon Peterson

tfw I love every Resident Evil game
Suvivor, Gaiden, RE6
old school and new school
mfw contrarian faggots bitch about the franchise

Aaron Cook
Aaron Cook

you save a lot of case space with the striker aka always loaded

Logan Torres
Logan Torres

Just don't open the fridge/oven

Camden Rivera
Camden Rivera

Exactly but flinging crowds into the back of the room better than peppering them. Im a bit bias for the riot though. To me, its so much more satisfying to fire

Jonathan Thompson
Jonathan Thompson

it opens by itself.

Sebastian Clark
Sebastian Clark

why would anyone use anything but riot shotgun?

tacticool and aesthetic
you get it early enough so it makes sense

Fuck striker.

Grayson Wright
Grayson Wright

I'll give you DMC and SMB, but playing all of those PC games in their original incarnations [as the poster is implying] is a little painful these days.

Camden Jackson
Camden Jackson

What the FUCK
Delete this post

Benjamin Green
Benjamin Green

Iron maiden was worse

Robert Sanchez
Robert Sanchez

Shoot at the lake from the dock.

Jason Ross
Jason Ross

I heard it unlocks Sonic in Brawl.

Colton Ward
Colton Ward

nah RE5/Rev2/6 were better

I'm just playing re4 for the first time and controls giving me cancer every time i run it. Atmosphere is top notch tho, even tho textures are trash. Saddly they recycled levels way too much with backtracking, just with adding new fog effect with "haunting theme" meme. I really hate how you have to babysit that dumb bitch ai is really bad. Game would be much better if we could move which shooting and adding roll do dodge attacks since QTE are worst shit ever made for console babies and every resident is infested with them.

So bad controls made for consoles in mind + recycling levels + 70% of a game is just an escort mission, kinda ruined it for me, maybe at launch it would be better but i dunno, it's fun half of the time, difficulty at least keep me intrested.

Christian Lopez
Christian Lopez

That's because you're a moron playing the oldest of the new entries last and all the refined games first

Ethan Miller
Ethan Miller

You're a moron for considering a game that doesn't allow you to walk and shoot at the same time is even good.

Nicholas Cox
Nicholas Cox

Re4
being oldest in series

Re4 fanboys are that stupid, i skipped re4 after i played re2-3 and come back in 2009 to re5/re6/rev1+2

Xavier Martin
Xavier Martin

being oldest in series
He didn't say that. At least shitpost properly.

Isaac Long
Isaac Long

You are a fucking dumb nigger. Aspects of the game logic are/were tied to fps meaning you need to push the buttons a certain amount of times per frame. x2 the frames x2 the presses.

You retarded clueless pleb.

Wyatt Clark
Wyatt Clark

The pacing in RE4 is one of the strangest decisions ever but somehow I think it added to the replayability. There's so many forgettable parts that half of the time I'm replay it I'm going "hey I forgot this part existed" and for a brief second it feels like I'm playing the game for the first time again.

Elijah Hill
Elijah Hill

01/12
I-it's my birthday too.

Brandon Clark
Brandon Clark

(You)

Joseph Gray
Joseph Gray

I'm really drawing a blank on games of this type that are recent. Dead Space 3 was the worst of the franchise (I still liked it though) and that was awhile ago, and only the first 2 come anywhere close to Resi4 levels of perfect.

D44M was a super tight experience too, but that's an FPS, still as close to perfect as you were going to get from a modern DOOM game. It seems like a lot of the story games are going for heavily cinematic gameplay like TLoU and Uncharted, but there was something about Resi4 that was special. It was really one of the greatest games ever made when it came out and it still is.

Camden Bailey
Camden Bailey

(You)

Joshua Ward
Joshua Ward

(Y'all)

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

T-thanks user for upbeats

Ayden Anderson
Ayden Anderson

They seriously said that?

Jordan Campbell
Jordan Campbell

Sorry if I go /x/ but this can't just be me. Does anybody else get that feeling that RE4 is more of an ethereal memory than a video game? Every time I play it it doesn't feel like I've played it before but was witnessing it in a dream instead. It's like the same sensation you get when you experience deja vu.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page