Planting my flag now: it will be better than Sunshine but worse than 64

Planting my flag now: it will be better than Sunshine but worse than 64.

But that would mean 64 is better than Sunshine.

>implying sunshine isn't way superior than 64

Of course, I'm hoping it'll be better than both.

Sunshine has less moving platforms in all of its hub worlds combined than 64 does in one level. Combine that with a hover that lasts FIVE FULL FUCKING SECONDS and you have one really boring platformer.

Someone ought to go through the game and tally up the number of shines that have nothing to do with platforming.

which it is, easily. Sunshine had too many gimmicks with too little actual level design.

>Super Mari World Cap
What did they mean by this?

>it will be better than Sunshine

so it still may be shit..

Moving platforms isn't the indication of a good platformer.

Super Mario Sunshine had more interesting platforming challenges and mission variants in one level than SM64 had in 3 or 4. It was an improvement by leaps and bounds.

4 is dated and plays like ass in the current day. if you have love for it, it's nostalgia. that's fine, but on an objective metric the gamefeel just just not there anymore.

Hey, congrats, you watched the MatthewMatosis video!

>it will be better than sunshine

Not gonna happen.

That's pretty hard considering that Sunshine is better than 64

The thing is you need to give a ranking first

between the glitches and the blue coins, making a better 3D mario than sunshine isn't exactly a high bar

never played sunshine but yeah probably.

I just want a hub world like peach castle, where you have levels who are open world and you can explore anything. With huge secrets like looking in the lights, the castle slide etc, rabbit, the ghost etc.

It will be probably some mainhubs with distinct linear levels, or the ship is really the hub and the over world designs are huge levels.

Either way I just want something like peachs castle, which "painting levels" which are just open worlds level with different themes. I mean peach castle had so much shit to do.

And I even never played mario64 just watched how my friend was playing it.

64*

It is for this new retarded Nintendo. And you know I'm right.

>the ship is really the hub and the over world designs are huge levels.
This is probably it

nice meme even 3D World is better than Sunshine, Sup Forums just shits on 3DW because "not muh collecthathon mario!"

>Worse than 64

It already has

>Better world than 64
>Much more robust moveset, even without a gimmick like FLUDD

>Better world than 64
this has to be a joke, Sunshine looks nicer but has barely any variety at all and very little platforming - easily the worst level design of the entire series.
>Much more robust moveset
blatantly false, SM64 has a better and faster moveset than Shitshine.

>Much more robust moveset

There are few games that have a more robust moveset than Mario 64. The only ones I can think of that come close are the MGS games.

3D World is shat upon because of its gimped movement mechanics.

Referring to Oddessy you dumdum

Yeah, but everything is better than Sunshine.

3D Land was better than Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion was better than Sunshine
Mario Paint is better than Sunshine

Doesn't make sense though as 3D World has powerups that would've made the extra movements completely redundant.

I wanted something like Sunshine, except you can go from the hub to each level by foot instead of using the portals. Sunshine is the game that feels the most connected.

64 hasn't aged as well as you think it has.
Very few of the levels come off as more than bland.