I'm no strangers to FE games, but did anyone else find this difficult as fuck? On chapter 8 and my party fucking sucks

I'm no strangers to FE games, but did anyone else find this difficult as fuck? On chapter 8 and my party fucking sucks.

hard mode was renamed to normal in the US

That explains so much

Micaiahs team is notorious for having the shittiest units.

The parts where you play as Micaiah's group are hard, there are only a few good Dawn Brigade characters.
But then you play as Ike's group and shit on everything because they're almost all good

Thats the Dawn Brigade. They are all varying levels of shit. Have fun with an archer that has no speed, a knight with no defense and the squishiest lord possible

I thought this was easier than Path of Radiance. I don't know if that's because I continued my save game from PoR? Would that make it easier?

The game suckers you into playing a lot of the prepromoted/broken units in the first chapter and then sends Ike's group to massacre you when the prepromotes leave. It's pretty hilarious.

Yeah, Dawn Brigade is mostly ass and the units with great potential like Edward, Nolan and Aran require a lot of babying or have better counterparts in the Greil Mercenaries. Jill is pretty damn good though and Illyana isn't good without the PoR save bonuses.

But you get Nolan, the fighter who wants to be a swordsman. With his trusty Iron Sword, he's sure to impress.

Best in the series right here.

It has some great moments but
>Undeveloped Dawn Brigade
>no real supports
>terrible availability
>absolutely broken units
>plot borders on being Fates-tier terrible

That said, it's still pretty damn good. Best in the series? I would disagree.

I agree. Both games are brilliant. For whatever reason, I enjoyed Radiant Dawn more. Maybe it was the challenge? I think I preferred the class system, too.

I don't care about supports or the plot.

Actually I prefer the support system since it isn't permanent and doesn't require as much time to make full use of it.

If it's split into two games, where the first part is its own game with its own full fledged support system and the last 3 parts are their own game, sure. That would make the Tellius series as a collective the best in the series. It's just too bad that at the time, FE was selling poorly. I would love to see the Tellius games remade with the same amount of budget as newer FE. I think they have so much potential, especially with how much they left out for the Dawn Brigade.

PoR pretty much is the easiest FE out there. Can't tell why you thought RD would be easier.

Nolan is objectivly rated as one of the best units in the game.

Miciah, Aran, Laura, and Edward can all also become powerhouses in their own right. I took all the above characters with me to the final tower.

Gameplaywise, it's still not the best. The unit availability is terrible, especially with units like Tormod and his crew and Volke. You have units that are absolutely terrible like Meg and then ones that don't even need to lift a finger to obliterate an army like Jill and Marcia.

Are there save editors for FE? I want to play through PoR with Haar from the start rather than getting him at the ass end of the game.

I don't remember what chapter was, it's been 5 years since the last time I played it (I never finished it)

But when I controlled the Greil Mercenaries,(I think it was a castle map) I fucking obliterated everyone with Ike, the only thing I needed was 5 vulnerary. Everyone stayed put except for Ike

Shit was lit lemme tell you

Not to mention that they haven't figured out how to make Laguz work outside of the royals. Making them be able to defend (for 0 damage most of the time too) in human form feels like it was an unnecessary inclusion.

FE4 is easier.

Every game in the series has awful balance and always the odd unit or two that only joins a stage or two away from the finale. It's not even worth mentioning at this point.

Yeah but said late game unit is usually some broken fuck, not an underleveled fire mage that you only got to use for a few levels in the first part of the game.

Nino.

>She's not going to make it to FE Warriors

IT'S NOT FAIR

I liked the difficulty desu, tried playing awakening and found normal to be too easy and the hard mode increased the price of items getting me stuck since i couldn't afford new weapons or something. i can't remember exactly.

Justified that she has really great growths. Tormod is just average in every sense and really no reason to level him up outside of you liking him. It's like the devs forgot about him until they were about to finish or left him out to make the River Crossing chapter a bit more difficult.

They're honestly not all shit. Sothe turns to shit later on, but he's pretty essential for Part 1. Nolan and Jill are great axe users to invest in. Zihark's also a good candidate to invest in, and you can make Edward work if it's not Hard Mode with lel no weapon triangle. Aran has his own niche over Nephenee if you don't like Sentinel waifu.
Not defending Leonardo and the rest, they're pretty fucking shit, but you can take some of the members to endgame as long as you try to give them most of the exp.

Useless cunt

It's amazing how easy it gets once you play with Ike's team.

>no reason to level him up outside of you liking him

That should be the major basis on what characters you use in the first place.

Growths shouldn't matter anyway since she joins at a lower level 4 stages away from the end.

Game is really fun despite being a general clusterfuck. Also, Nephenee is the best.

You get to fight Ike's group? Badass

>royals

To add insult to injury to the DB, you can also forcibly take their best units when you're playing as the Greil Mercs.

Agreed with everything except for
>>plot borders on being Fates-tier terrible
The blood pact definitely felt forced, but it's just not comparable to the absolute mess that was Fates's plot.
And Micaiah may have Mary Sue characteristics, but fuck, Corrin is 10x worse. At least Micaiah's reputation is tarnished during the war.

Yeah, my bad. I don't think any FE game should ever be mentioned in the same breadth as the shitshow known as Fates.

Nah man RD is alright in terms of plot especially compared to Fates. A shame it was rushed during development though.

The DB gang was the best part of RD because of how overwhelming it can be. That said git gud nigga.

So how long am I stuck with the Dawn Brigaide

Forever.

I mean until I get to play with Ike's team

I would say Path of Radiance is slightly better due to better writing and better balancing (though to be fair this may be because the game is kind of easy)

Still, Radiant Dawn has not been topped in map design.

Part 1 is 10 chapters
You get them in part 3 for while also
Praise the 3-13 archer

Literally forever.

Until part 3. Enjoy Elincia's Gambit. :^)

Truly a God amongst beasts.

How can one archer be so based?

You're stuck with the Dawn Brigade for Part 1, parts of Part 3, and Part 4. My advice honestly is to invest in a couple of the worthwhile units and bench the rest. Use Sothe to bail you out when you need it, and if you're absolutely terrible, you'll be getting some god tier units who are basically there to bail you out if you're shit and can't git gud.
There's 10 chapters for Part 1 btw.

>All the laguz try to rush it and he just picks them off one by one

Literally should have been recruitable.

This. 10/10 would bench Leonardo instantly to use him.
if Leonardo doesn't die plugging the walls in 3-13 that is

This thread is now about Sain

So tell me guys, what kind of trouble did Sain get you out of?

Who did he end up with in your run?

Fuck Kent

nolan is overrated

You want to feed EXP into Jill instead.

Aran's awful in HM because he has no speed

>Elincia's Gambit
>he doesn't one shot Ludveck with based Haar to end the chapter early
git gud user

Kent has been better than Sain more often than not for me since he gets SKL screwed all the fucking time.

he saved me in my hour of need

all speeds and strengths

homie life with Kent A rank

My most recent run he was kinda disappointing so I early promoted him in LM so he could help in HHM earlygame.

I try to feed Nephenee and Astrid as much levels as possible in that map.

Part I is when you have the most op team in FE history ever.
>Nailah
>Black Knight
>Sothe
>Tauroneo
>Tormod
>Muarim
>Zihark sort of
>Volug sort of
If you can't succeed with tier-3 and laguz royals against tier-1 mooks, you should just give up.

>FE musou gets announced
>get hype as fuck
>slowly realize that the roster is going to be 80% Awakening/Fates characters

How does it feel to know that secondaries have ruined a game that we've been anticipating for years?

Is Astrid any good? I never user her cause Rolf__ always ends up my main archer.

Not really. There are a lot of overpowered characters. You just need to be careful with your resources. Fire emblem conquest is the only game in the series that gives me trouble. I tried playing on hard mode but it just frustrated me. I restarted on normal mode after getting game over near the end of that defense map on the port.

I'm ok with Camilla-chan taking away a spot though!

>Sain is always great
>Kyle is always shit even though their growths are similar
>Oscar is No Strength Man
>Stahl is the most uninteresting man in the world
>Kaze is No Strength Man 2: Electric Boogaloo
What the fuck happened there? How do we make the Green twin great again?

She's decent in PoR but pretty bad in RD. Not that cavalier in Part 1 bad, but every Paladin outdamages her and Rolf and Shinnon are way better archers.

Oscar is a God in PoR though

FE is dead
Awakening killed it
Fates raped the corpse
#FE shit on it

Agreed but,

>Not using Oscar to turn Ike into a dodgememe character

Astrid a shit. There's no justification to use her in RD when you have better bow users and you can remove her Paragon and put it on someone actually good, removing her double exp niche she had in PoR.

She's secretly the best character in the game, though. You're just playing wrong.

>Not using +30 dodge the character

That said, Oscar has been unreliable in terms of damage for me.

>Oscar is No Strength Man
Oscar's strength growth is 5% lower than Ike's, meaning over 20 levels he'll gain 1 strength less on average.

>unironically using Leonardo
Did you feel sorry for him or something?

My Kieran always ends up better than Oscar just because Oscar gets to a point where he does almost no damage to things.

I know, which makes it all the more aggravating that in all my playthroughs Oscar has always had garbage strength.

I usually just let Ike butt buddy it up with Soren or Titania

Pls give is sigurd for musou

What happened to FE x SMT

>old character
>not waifu
>not a meme
>not Marth

I'm truly sorry.

It came out and everybody immdiately forgot about it.

Only hipsters, secondaries, and bottom of the barrel weebs liked it.

>not a meme

Fuck, that came out wrong my bad. Leonardo's already benched, though I do deploy him on 3-13 so he can plug the walls and actually be useful. Point was that I'd let Leonardo die if I could if it meant recruiting based 3-13 archer. Just came out wrong since I'm currently tired and jetlagged.
Though now you're making me want to use Leonardo in a future playthrough just so Lughnasadh doesn't go to waste. Fuck.

E-Ethlin, then?
please?

Wow I didn't even know

By meme I meant LE SILLY PERSONALITY QUIRK LOL like

>MUH SWORDHAND
>LOL MUH DEATH JOKES
>LE STALKER GIRL
>LE BLOOD AND THUNDER

So, how do you guys feel about FE Warriors? I'm cautiously optimistic. I've never played a Warriors game, but I have a feeling most of the characters in this one are gonna be Awakening + Fates and Marth's games. Maybe some characters like Eliwood will get DLC. But, I don't see characters throughout the entire franchise being in it.
>Tfw know for a fact Sigurd won't be in it
It hurts

>Sigurd
>Every mention of him is followed by barbeques or fire
>not a meme

I fucking loved RD's Part 1. Genuinely tough unless you use Nailah/BK. Going for optimal EXP, all treasure, perfect BEXP is a massive pain. A good pain.

>Jesus On Wheels
>not a meme

There's hope for the more popular lords, at least.

The map design is just really good and makes it so you occasionally have to think instead of just throwing your best guy into the middle of the map, especially if you compare it to the handheld games. Ledges add a ton to the game, the non standard units in the dawn brigade chapters make the game feel fresh, and the variety of map objectives is the best in the series. If they actually finished the supports it would be the hands down crown jewel of the series.

>When Ike promotes so you use Ike and his taxi Haar and beat the shit out of everything

I'm going to have look at the roster and see. I already know that they're going to pretend that the older FEs sans Archnea don't exist, but if they ever add in Hector or Ephraim, I'm on board.

I'm 100% sure not matter how the roster will look like people will be upset about like, like people were upset about the Pokken roster.

Putting in all the lords and maybe the best villains probably eats up all the 'slots' and there won't be space for some of the most popular regular units I guess.

On average, how many characters are in a musou game?

What the hell is Finn doing up there?

Someone explain this "lol down brigade literally worst units" meme to me.
You have a couple of shitters like Leo, Meg and Fiona, but Nolan, Edward, Aran and Jill are all great units that don't need to be fed experience to be usable, plus Zihark is pretty good for midgame and has an amazing support with Nolan.

I really want Ephraim and Hector to be in. I really hope they go for a more balance cast instead of a 3DS heavy cast.

Depends. If it's new, probably a little less than 16-20. If it's been around for years like Dynasty Warriors, 50+.

I don't know how you were supposed to understand that wavelength support stuff without looking it up.

It was my first game.

Japan loves him, maybe because he's a 1st and 2nd generation unit?

Nobody seems to want to gain any stats with it and they all start off weak and then you get Ike's team who already start off amazing and have crazy growth rates. I'll never quite understand it

>I have a feeling most of the characters in this one are gonna be Awakening + Fates and Marth's games
I'm more pessimistic precisely because of this.

I caught some of the swords in the trailer, but what were the other ones?