Whats the dumbest opinion on games you've heard?

Whats the dumbest opinion on games you've heard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ufPAD7xdFBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only time I've ever agreed with this faggot. Youtubers make so much for so little effort, they truly can suck his dick and choke on it.

>Leech money with e-cucks faggotry on youtube is good
Get a job loser

People who think Shivering Isles was ANYTHING but trash

Makes no fucking sense and would be a logistical nightmare

Fish sure was dumb

Literally and metaphorically kill yourself Mr.HotOpinions

that faggot from uncharted saying diversity is more important than gameplay

Probably not the dumbest ever, but

>Uncharted [insert numeral] is good
>play it
>bland, boring crap

>Adobe should be paid by each and every single company in the world that used a marketing company to create any digital media, including and not limited to movies, photographs, ads, branding, logos, TV shows, magazines

do you think that msnbc and cnn should pay trump every time they report on him?

>go to work and make money
>owe builder who paved road some money
>owe designer who designed my clothes and chink who made them money
>pay for public transport yet also owe designer of chair I sit in money
>owe microsoft money for using their software, every single time I make money off it
>end up with no money

Or

>Buy product someone made and chose to sell at retail, and not charge regular fees for, such as phil fish's videogame no i didn't buy it i'm not a dumbass
>use it whenever I want, as I do my clothes, my car, instruments

>add revenue

>i invented the automobile
>if you make a cool racing video you owe me money

no.

I didn't realize that Trump was copyrighted intellectual property

>God Hand is a good game

$20 I will never see again.

Trump is a person, not a product being advertised.

SOMEONE MAKE A FOOD ANALOGY

>Trump is a person, not a product being advertised.

This is extremely funny for a couple of reasons.

They need to stop calling it piracy. They're not even comparable. No-one dies because of illegal fire sharing.

Andy Kaufman is alive?

this pretty much sums it up

if you make something and someone records themselves using the product or invention that you made they don't owe you shit

Legally you hold the rights to your own appearance, words, and personality.

I don't like how he's using a picture of Andy Kaufman as his avatar.

>McDonalds should pay me for whenever I make a tasting video of their products

Man, I just realized how rich Julius Caesar would have been with all the people making his salad.

>Doom 4 is full of cutscenes and QTEs

>are games holding back games

skyrim is a good game

This is absolutely retarded. What next, if you use footage of Donald Trump for your news report, you owe him money?

If it's a let's play I kinda agree.

Except they actually pay(quite substantially) for a license to make commerchial products using their software. Let's Players don't.

I mean, even if you can't copyright gameplay they are sharing stuff that would be liable for a takedown in most other media. Like imagine if I uploaded a video of me listening to the new Taylor Swift CD.

>I invented pizza
>if you put sauce and cheese on bread you owe me money

>add revenue

Until you become a public figure then that's thrown out the window.

How come it's different when it comes to movies?

>B-but the trillions of dollars lost! You better stop this right now, using my ideas without my consent (and giving me lots of money) is bad and you'll be sentenced to jail time!
I agree user, it's fucking stupid and corporations need to realize digital media is basically post scarcity and deal with it

>if you make something and someone records themselves using the product or invention that you made they don't owe you shit

They actually do in a lot of cases.

No it isn't.

As soon as you demand that someone stop showing pictures of you, they legally have to.

They might not actually do it, but legally they would be required to.

I've been seeing people lately say BotW is gonna be a good game just because it's a Zelda game and while I think that's fucking stupid really it's just a part of my problem in general with the dumbest opinion, that anything is good just because of the brand it's a part of. I mean, if that was true then the things like the Zelda CDi games would be masterpieces right? Or if you're gonna say "but phillips made them" then TP would be a great game and, you know, not boring uninspired tripe.

>2d games cant be good

That games should be art.

Fuck, i just wanted to have fun, not read about how every choice has an effect on the NPCs around you as if they matter.

Metal Gear did it well, were their was enough bullshit to make the story around you not feel so bad/depressing.

>I discovered peppers
>Anyone who uses peppers in their food must pay me

These are clickbait articles. They are designed to be as ridiculous, different and infuriating as possible in order to harvest clicks. The worst thing you can do is take them seriously or believe this is journalism.

thats like saying a plumber owes the company who manufactured his tools every time he completes a job

>be a dick
>try to stop the internet from being the internet
>not make any money, still fail

or

>be accepting
>maybe offer some sort of payshare for exposure program to give Youtubers an incentive to share their pay with you for increased visibility
>everyone wins

The Polygon reviewer was unbelievably bad at Doom. I had never played a first person shooter before Doom, and I did better than that guy.

>add revenue
So they're addvertisements?
Idiot can't even spell.

He's right, but Sup Forums is /youtube celebrities/ these days.

>Youtubers make so much

he needs to be more clear

"putting content" could mean monetized or unmonetized content

if someone made vids about his """"""games""""" that arent monetized and you demand that that person owes him something because he """"slaved"""" on the product then hes just being a massive jew about it

Not if they are in a public place though right?
Thus paparazzi.

What if somebody made a hammer, and I filmed myself hitting things with a hammer? Does the hammer maker deserve money? Or the maker of the camera I filmed the video? Or the clothes I was wearing?

Pretty sure people are there to see me, not the hammer

>As soon as you demand that someone stop showing pictures of you, they legally have to.
That's not true at all you retard.

I'd be more accepting of this if the Doom guy wasn't worse at playing video games than my 4 year old son.

There is was this one quote that compared videogame boss fights to doing the dishes.
Can't even find it but it was the dumbest shit I ever read.

Did you like Oblivion?

This is some sort of meta advanced hyper bullshit shitposting

To be fair, for the amount of time they put in their work, they do.

What? I can just spend 3 hours playing some games and edit it for another 2 hours and have enough content for one whole fucking week?! THAT'S SO FUCKING HARD!

Fire emblem fates has a good story

>OP is actually defending leachers
>OP is actually defending "content creators" that actually just show the fucking content actual content creators did aka a video game

He's right.

I know this is bait but still im rage

>Get caught on camera doing illegal activity
>Demand no one show it

Thank god you're not in law.

"Video Games are art!"

Oh, look... it's American Hideki Kamiya

>come up with the meatball sub at subway
>someone orders it and takes a picture of it to post on the Internet

Wtf I want my money on missed sales. Now everyone knows about it!

they are using his likeness and celebrity to draw ratings without his permission

Phil isn't wrong though. Fair use is basically a meme at this point.

>hidden knife stab mechanics
>murky water for a heightened sense of immersion
>caked on casserole dish boss was the best
>implying the 5 day old nacho bowl isn't harder
>GIT GUD SCRUB

>Mass Effect 1 is a good game.

games are not art

I agree only because I make videogames

>Running for the highest public office
>Mad when his image is in public use

What if somebody made a movie and I just happned to film myself watching the whole thing while filming the TV? Clearly they wanted to watch me, not the movie.

>showing clips from a video game is the same thing as piracy

that person may not be used to playing shooters with controllers

but then again it is polygon

>Why the chess champions aren't giving a cut of their prizes to the makers of chess

This almost gave me a stroke

>upload the new avengers movie on youtube
>youtube takes it down

Fucking jews. I should be able to make money from it.

This is probably the single most wrong thing I've ever seen on the entire internet.

I hope you're right.

Doesnt Kamiya have some semblance of talent though?

>Dead Rising 4 was the best Dead Rising game

>phil "give me an indie award and i'll cut you in on the profits" phish having anything to say about ethics in video games

youtube.com/watch?v=ufPAD7xdFBk

Games are getting easier.

>that article
I find that very hard to believe.

Yeah, his newest game Scalebound looks promising.

>Buckley

Thanks god you are retarded, random people can't watch security camera footage only police forces and everyone associated with it.

the automobile was copyrighted you know

youtubers are cancer and you people are defending them

clickbait is basically half the purpose at this point
the other half is virtue signalling

at the end of the day
its a win win for that faggot with an english degree

>Comparing news regarding a politician (and I say that loosely in this case) to some cunt playing a video game

I never thought I'd ever say anything which could be seen as agreeing with Fishdick, but news reports do not exist to save the viewer having to go out and buy their own Trump.

emptyhero leave

He's right and he can actually claim it, Nintendo already does it taking 60% to all of ad revenue.
Visuals and sounds are still protected by copyright.

Based EmptyHero,

>getting free advertisement to your shitty game
>wanted to be paid for it
just when you thought that paying for betatesting a game was ridiculous they came out with this bullshit

This is literally what caused the Protestant Reformation.

Who needs priests to interpret the scripture, just let the laity figure it out for themselves!

The Toyota Camry is a copyrighted / trademarked brand of automobile.

If I make a cool Youtube video of me driving in a Camry, I do not owe Toyota money.

but it was