Yes and no. Both Mario Odyssey and Zelda are pretty much what people have wanted from both franchises for a while

Yes and no. Both Mario Odyssey and Zelda are pretty much what people have wanted from both franchises for a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11627
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I definitely wanted a mario sandbox title since sunshine
we haven't had a good mario game since sunshine thats more opened ended like sunshine
hopefully odyssey lives up to 64 and sunshine

1, 2 Switch is all I ever wanted.
Skyrim is a nice touch though

>we look at all of the boards

Even /d/?

>the same company that called people entitled for not liking Metroid: Fed Force
>suddenly they pretend that they care

Basically this. People want video games. They don't really care about power. Don't let Sup Forums or neogaf drive your narrative. Remember the normalfags are content with playing nothing but Fifa and COD every year.

You're right. I DO want videogames. However, I do not want cinematic garbage. This is why I so vehemently despise """games""" like Uncharted or The Order 1886 or Final Fantasy or Xenoblade or Kid Icarus. I'm so sick of games shoving story in my face as if I'm supposed to care about these bland characters and their feelings.

>shitting on xenoblade

Excuse you?
>Kid icarus

ah, you got me to reply

>People wanted Mario in a realistic setting
NOPE

>People wanted stretchy armed bullshit gimmick shit

NOPE

>People wanted under powered hardware that cannot compete at optimal performance with even the worst of it's competitor's offering
NOPE

>People wanted paid online from a company that has been ABYSMAL at online
NOPE

Tell me, please, what makes them different from """games""" like Uncharted or TLOU or beyond 2 souls. All I see is gameplay I did not enjoy, shackled to constant forced dialog and cinematics that I enjoyed even less.

I agree with shoving story in my face, though not for all games. I pick up an RPG, I expect some story. I want to play Dirt 3, I don't expect to have some faggot lecture me for 10 minutes before I can start racing.

>odyssey
I don't think there's anything good or sensible about odyssey, and it's nothing even close to the range of what I want, just judging from the complete fucking disaster it is in terms of artistic direction, and how easy the levels look.

>Realistic setting

???

Why's Mario doing jew hands?

Is he about to back stab him and harvest his coins?

Also that's realistic as far as Mario is conscerned

Doesn't matter if you didn't enjoy the gameplay, both KI and XB very clearly don't really as much on story as those other games do, ESPECIALLY KI, whoe story is 99% tongue in cheek quips. Having a story doesn't mean they're all the same

NO METROID NO BUY

Its a freezing desert world with ice, how is this remotely realistic

So when Metroid comes out you'll buy it?

>That's realistic as far as Mario is concerned

>Does it really seem like Nintendo understands what we want?
Do you really have to ask that after seeing the switch?

You aren't playing inside a giant fucking turtle dragons innards or playing as a woman that can take care of herself

Also the entire look of the area in the trailer showed their focus for the game

Yes. And it has to be either a 2D or Prime game, federation force and other m don't count.

>This is realistic for Mario

>Star Fox Zero
>Super Mario Run
>Federation Force

They think they do, at least.

try again without sonygger website shilling.

ITT: bait

>both KI and XB very clearly don't really as much on story as those other games do,

Gonna have to call BS on that ne.

Do we know what we want? Do we REALLY?

I'm not saying Nintendo does either, but it seems to me success in this industry is achiaved when a developer manages to give us what we didn't know we wanted.

Well, that and when they rely heavily on marketing and safe design choices reliant on hype culture, but yeah...

gook RPGs are about as generic as sports games now.

and that's why we created...

Paper Mario Color Splash
SMT#FE
Metroid Federation Force

>posts pictures of the levels, not the grand theft peach hub
It's a realistic art style in the hub, which just makes the contrast in theme so much more glaring when faced with levels like what you posted.

>we really have a good understanding of what our consumers want
This statement legitimately pisses me off, especially as not only a Metroid fan, but also an F-Zero and Chibi Robo fan

What boards? Reddit?

Because you clearly only look at those that wouldn't dare have a negative opinion or else Color Star wouldn't exist.

sunshine

>liking xenoblade

You must be rearry sad not to have been born in grorious Nippon, eh?

>liking single player mmos

What board would have possessed them to make the abomination known as Switch? Perhaps a "parents buying games for toddlers" forum on Reddit?

Not him but the movie argument is only valid if the time spent in cutscenes is the same length (or at least an hour less) than the time spent on games. Anything more than that is just adding to the argument. However, if a 10 hour game has 4 hours of cutscenes but 6 hours of gameplay, I'd wager it still qualifies as a video game

>A single level
>This means Mario is now realistic

Desperation to shit post is such a strange mindset. It's almost as weird as those people who want to cut off their dicks.

>two hours of cutscenes means a game is a movie
>RPGs having cutscenes means they're a movie

You're correct but whoever made this image was a real idiot.

The quote would remain the same

>filename

So what, do you think the only good games are tetris and pong?

>say some vague bullshit
>OMG RELEASE CONFIRMED PREORDERING SWITCH

It's the hub you fucking retard.

>You'll never fuck Samus from behind on the couch with her snuggie on

The hub is clearly the ship that Mario flies around it, you mouth breathing dunce.

>Giant pink bird of unholy ugliness
>Rabbits on flying pirate ships
>Candy land
>Freezing Mexican Desert
>Forest with vines growing in mid air
>GUYS MARIO IS REALISTIC NOW I HATE IT :^(

Yeah you tell 'em Ameribro! Don't forget to pick of the new Call of Duty Infinite Warfare™ and a pack of Doritos™

BAHAHAHAHAHA

This bullshit, directly after saying that they didn't CARE what people wanted, they were content with making things that they wanted and then telling people to just buy it?

No, never again. This only further fuels my vote of no confidence in them.

the ship is the "hub" you fucking nigger. the levels are based inside each "world"

new donk city is a world with sub-levels like the paintings in mario 64.

you're literally retarded

It's ACfag, ignore him.

>he thinks you're going to get the fast travel ship at the start
Full blown retard.
>completely disregards low quality new york

>People wanted paid online from a company that has been ABYSMAL at online

They made a deal with DeNa to revamp their servers for the NX. Try again.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>*breaths in*

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

OH

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How about you SHUT the F*CK up.

You don't know who you're dealing with...

That's a level, not the hub, retard.

>pretends low quality new york is the entire game

It's so realistic, I hate it!

I'd like to point you to a """game""" that might conflict with your reasoning.

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11627

Gametime does not mean your game is no longer a movie. It just means that your movie has the occasional bout of filler inbetween the mass exodus of cutscenes.

>So what, do you think the only good games are tetris and pong?

I wouldn't exactly say that. However, their lack of story has made them far more timeless than 90% of modern AAA cinematic hallway simulators. You still see people speak with great reverence regarding Pacman. But you don't see people talking about Heavy Rain like it's a masterpiece anymore.

>won't stop focusing on one level that's inspired by new york

they literally said the theme was exploring new places. why are you so mentally unwell?

Well, Dragon Age 3 isn't what I'd call a movie. It's a video game, but just a poor one

Sorry nerds, I don't think you understand, I'm not complaining about different levels or the fact they look different, I'm complaining how there's no coherent artstyle in this game, where one level is grand theft auto 4, and one level is an episode of my little pony titled "who froze mexico"

Say it with me you retarded mong, the low quality New York is ONE LEVEL
>O N E L E V E L

I prefer to put it into the unique category of "barely interactive movie", where the story is considered more important than the gameplay. Alot of games share this trait, like the Metal gear series for example. If you took out all of the story, nobody would ever want to touch the gameplay. To quote MGS fans, "it would be too videogamey and I wouldn't have enough story to make me care".

These same people hate Pacman and Mario because there's not some sprawling 30 hour drama where Peach has to get an abortion before exploding violently. It's not cinematic enough, so they hate it.

Shoot, this is the most vocal complaint about MGS5. "too videogamey, not enough story."

It's probably R*ddit that they look at

And have not shown any ability so far to the consumer to warrant the consumer trusting them.

Especially with all of the bullshit they are trying to pull

why have nintendo let all their ips die then?

The people want videogames at a reasonable price. Nintendo's Switch pricing is fucking abhorrent.

People say the PS3 was expensive, but don't forget was just about the cheapest bluray player you could buy at the time. AND it supported a lot of AV connectivity and functionality that other consoles could not. It was a great console to get a decent home cinema system.

>NoA having ANY say in ANYTHING
Fucking kek, NoA and NoE are purely for marketing.

Only news and reports coming from NoJ have any merit.

>Calls me a nerd
>While literally is sperging out over a single level that you probably never visit again

Self awareness of Sup Forums is at an all time low. Intelligence is at an all time low too judging by the "Coherent artstyle" comment.

I better see a 2.5D Metroid Dread (Metroid 5) for the Switch or 3DS announced at E3 Reggie, or I'm not buying shit.

>Cheapest Blu Ray player

Well, let's look at the Switch and compare prices to other systems that can play games of console "fidelity" on the go. How expensive is it compared to them?

If NoA controlled Nintendo instead of the filthy Japs, Nintendo would be so much fucking better.

>console fidelity on the go
>PSvita
>2011
rofl, try again nintenyearold

inb4 various goalpost moving etc

>PSvita
>Console fidelity

I own a Vita and the games are dog shit ugly. Even games as simple as fucking Wipeout are god awful ugly, with shitty framerates to boot. How did Sony fuck this up so hard?

Don't ever reply to me again, you're clearly not the poster that responded to me you little sperg

this one's for free

nothing triggers me more than people who start sentences with "I'm actually" because they think theyre special

I have Wipeout 2048 installed right now along with Dragon's Crown, MGS2 and Retroarch. Dragon's Crown looks alright, but that's irrelevant of graphics. Wipeout 2048 however looks like shit and runs like shit. Even compared to the PSP version.

Such a non answer

I'm not going to lie, man. Like no offense, but you are being super autistic about something not worth the autism.

Of course RPGs have a shit ton of story, that's literally their deal. MGS was advertised as a cinema-like experience. It is supposed to be something like an action or espionage film. Kojima is a major film buff.

The ''''games''' or whatever you refer to them as are mostly examples that include huge amounts of plot, because that is literally what they entail by nature.

tl;dr

Chill, bruh.

>Chill, bruh.
hey, I'm willing to chill. Just as long as people remember that there's a wide divide between video games and "interactive cinematic novels". You wouldn't want anyone trying to mix the two as if they were interchangeable.

It would be awfully ironic if Sup Forums did this, the same site that advocates how much they hate sony for their movie games, only for them to turn around and praise MGS.

>Sup Forums is one person

There IS such a thing as a hivemind.

>People wanted Mario in a realistic setting

More like a more "graphic" driven setting. Which also aims to be as good if not better as super mario rpg. Without the rpg aspect.

>People wanted under powered hardware that cannot compete at optimal performance with even the worst of it's competitor's offering

Sorry but the quality of software is not dependent on the hardware. It's all dependent on the development team. There's a reason why there's way more enjoyable games on handhelds than there is on consoles.

If he looked at all the boards and comments he'd have seen people get their hopes up due to the rumor mongers 4 months ago and mitigated the fucking damage.

If he seen people expecting the Switch to cost $250 w/ Splatoon 2 as a pack in when it was going to cost $300 with no game then he should have fucking said something.

>Port of a 6 year old game
>Hardware will only be able to support toaster graphics
>No chance of mod support means no Unofficial Patch
>Will be more expensive to buy this when it releases than it is to buy the game on steam now
I like skyrim but come the fuck on

>Sorry but the quality of software is not dependent on the hardware
Yeah hardware doesn't provide any limitations what so ever on software

That's why Nintendo's next console will be weaker than the N64

>Basing an opinion off of one 2-min trailer

here's your (You)

kys