youtube.com/watch?v=vFygxlNtPz4
youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-GHaQfdto
youtube.com/watch?v=mrVzG3Ix-BQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RCzaHm13rFs
youtube.com/watch?v=DSDb6hAeGHA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HexaDrive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats the problem with this port?

ZOE2 is fixed at 30fps and they never fixed it for the PS3 version.

Bump. I love these threads

Pre-patch, ZoE2 ran and looked worse than the ps2 version. ZoE1 still suffers from those sorts of issues.

Post-patch on ps3, Zoe2 is flawless.

Nothing, the ps3 remastered is the best version of this game after they released the update

xbox 360 version is complete trash though

>and they never fixed it for the PS3 version.
>hi guys I'm a retard!

They never fixed ZoE 1 but Hexadrive completely reworked 2 in a huge patch. Pretty smooth 60fps now.

Isn't it true that because of the poor reception of this port that we aren't getting a ZOE3 or is it currently in development hell?

How fun is this actually, the visual style and music looks nice but is it fun to play. I've kinda abandoned my PS3 but I still sort of feel like getting this and Catherine for it

It's a known fact that ZOE has always been a vehicle for delivering MGS demos.
That's it.
The fact that ZOE is a fun series was just an accident.
And since MGS is basically over for all intents and purposes, ZOE3 never.

Nah man you got it backwards.

Silent Hill HD is the "fine after the patch xddd" meme.

ZOE really WAS fine after the patch.

user. Konami owns the IP.

I wonder how many people actually bought ZOE for the game itself and not because it came with a demo for the highly anticipated MGS2.

These.
Shame Sony can't buy Konami's IPs and give them to Kojima.

Every competent developer left Konami and the rest are probably rehashing PES or cleaning company's toilets.

It runs better if you clock the GPU higher using Amphetamine, but it still chugs along. It's a neat curiosity, but it's such a shame it doesn't run well because the idea of the port is nice.

Obligatory mention of Sonic 1 on GBA.

The PS3 port is perfectly fine. Stop being an Xboxshitter

The fuck are you smoking
Hexadrive fixed ZoE2, shit runs at 60 with no drops

if you want a shooter on the vita, just play Mercs. user

Also same deal, different game. What's funny is that the same studio ported the Ratchet and Clank games, but those run perfectly fine.

I'm actually fixing to transfer everything over once Borderlands 2 deletes itself.

>never got a PS4 or any current gen system
>walk into game store
>every other game is an HD port from last-gen

What the fuck happened?

Holy fuck at least do some research before shitposting, you mong.

I didn't know that. I just stumbled upon a ZOE2 trailer one day years back and thought, huh that would be a nice game to play. Never cared for Metal Gear.

I actually bought this. I saw all the reviews online and I said to myself" Surely it can't be THAT bad"
it was.

I Bought it because I really wanted ZOE but yeah, I ended up with way more hours of mgs2 demo than zoe hours.

>tfw the update that fixed everything wrong with the second game's HD port came in too late to save the franchise and ZoE3 was canned
It hurts.

Bayonetta on PS3 runs fine, there are a few specific scenes that can dip to 27ish FPS but for the most part it runs at 40-60fps, my only complaint is that it should have been capped to 30fps with proper motion blur.

And yes I know the 360 version is superior, but that doesn't make the ps3 version unplayable.

I have this on vita. Nothing was wrong with it?

>they never fixed it for the PS3 version.
They never fixed it for the 360 version you dummy.

My dad bought it for that (inb4 Crackdown and halo 3)

But i actually REALLY enjoyed ZotE

>Borderlands
>good

/thread

At least you have a neat conversation starter.

The framerate was garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ

All Sony.... Really tingles the almonds.

>digitalfoundry

found the PCuck

Holy fuck that is horrible.

That really goes for any Bethesda game but this one takes the cake

I have a laptop and haven't played a game on PC since Doom 2 in 2011.
Skyrim ran at 20 constantly if you were far enough into the game apparently. I only played the 360 version so I wouldn't know.

You got the better port

The PS3 version would literally drop to 5 FPS at certain points

Gonna lump all three of these together because they are all REALLY shitty.

GBA 1: youtube.com/watch?v=RWRB6L3-2Iw

GBA 2: youtube.com/watch?v=7hrf_jcYRUE

HD: youtube.com/watch?v=vFygxlNtPz4

On the flip side you have the Sega CD and Playstation versions which are perhaps the best way to play them. The soundtracks are what make them the best:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-GHaQfdto
youtube.com/watch?v=mrVzG3Ix-BQ

Fuck, man. Feel like a dodged a bullet. Shame Bethesda are incompetent and aren't making the remaster 60fps on consoles.

I thought the Saturn version of 2 was a little better?

It's not just their incompetence but the PS3 is a nightmare to port games to with the whole POWER OF THE CELL thing

I mean yeah but this is Bethesda we're talking about.

got it for free if I recall and shit was barely running near the end, and for some reason the entire ending cutscene had no audio
shit ran better on my toaster

Resident Evil 4 on zeebo

youtube.com/watch?v=RCzaHm13rFs
>be excited when it's announce since i don't have to pay for both seperately
>then they show gameplay
Fuck me

>PC-DVD already existed.
>Make HD port for Steam.
>Buggy and bad controls.

Seriously, how did they fuck it up?

Isn't it obvious?

And then they put it on the Vita.

Outsourcing is cheap you know

Atleast 2, the superior game, ended up pretty well.

kinda obscure port, but there it is

So much input lag. It's literally unplayable and this applies to every version. PS2, Wii, PSP, PSVita. Every version has input lag.

The only way to experience Metal Slug in its glory is either with a Neo Geo or MAME.

I heard they used bootleg ROMs for the anthology.

Eh, they are both pretty much the same. Whichever version you play is up to you.

Wouldn't fucking surprise me.

That is the steam release ones (Dot Emu releases)
Anthology was running on a legit new emulator using official release ROMs from SNK
Though having to port though so many systems damage the quality of all releases

PSP has MASSIVE load screens mid levels because of system ram limitations
Wii is the best version (never played the Vita version so I cant tell you if it was decent or not)

THE ONLY GOOD REMASTERING FOLKS ARE BLUEPOINT AND HEXADRIVE
THANK GOODNESS FOR HEXADRIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=DSDb6hAeGHA

ZOE2 is patched to be 60fps ONLY for the PS3 version, you fucking double nigger shitposting retard.

>that framerate
holy shit why even bother

I have the PSP version and it really is awful. Super long load screens and input lag that completely ruins the game. Feels like a full quarter of a second delay almost

>Wii is the best version (never played the Vita version so I cant tell you if it was decent or not)
Sure, if we talk about JP release. US/Europe version had shit controls and no hitflashes. Also PS2 version has noticeable input lag issues, but only in MS1.

>Not knowing that based Hexa Drive revived Zone of the Enders 2 by fixing what the last team fucked up on.

Any HD collection on vita.

Holy fucking shit they're terrible.

this is such a shame because MGS is mostly fine, so obviously PS2 ports are possible. I just want a handheld PS2 man.

Not every HD collection is bad. Sly Cooper, Ratchet, MGS and Final Fantasy X/X2 are all perfectly playable and are ported pretty darn well.

the vita version of MGS HD was PS2 games ported to the vita. The rest of the HD collections were ports of the PS3 ports and they're fucking awful.

this is beautiful

>Hexadrive rereleases Ookami on the PS3
>code is so optimized the game barely stressed the PS3 at 1080p
>Run the game at almost 4k and downsample to 1080p since the PS3 cannot output higher than that
>still runs fine and no slowdowns
FUCKING HEXADRIVE can be code wizards when they want to

It's fucking nuts that the same people who made Okami HD made Snake Eater 3D.

They were originally going to be a lot more ambitious with it and add new content, but Konami got cold feet and cut the budget hard and told them to rush it out the door.

Well that explains it.

At least the game runs better on an overclocked 3ds.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HexaDrive
>FF XV
I bet their are the sole reason that game doesnt chug hard every time something larger than a boar shows up on screen

What about the PS4 version? It's pretty cheap on the PS Store at the moment and I wanted to get it, but if it's not as good as what I can get with an emulator on PC, then I'll probably pass.

I really need to beat Zone of the Enders 2 now that it doesn't chug on the PS3.

The attention to detail is wild though.

Never played it
The stand alone Metal Slug 3 is by DotEmu though, so do not waste your money on a shitty wrapper on top of MAME and a ripped ROM from Emuparadise

What's wrong with MGS3 HD?

I hate it when remastered games replace everything and nothing resembles the original game.

ZOE2 runs 60, i just played it last week. Its a really good port.

the 3ds version runs worse than the ps2 game most of the time. It also sorta has Peace Walker's gameplay style, which is a love it or hate it kind of thing.

The PS3/360 versions are awesome though, the 360 version runs a little more consistently but has remapped controls due to lack of pressure sensitive buttons, but the ps3 version has the old controls and you play MGS1 on it.

Sounds like it was your Vita. The frame rate was silky smooth for me.

All Anthology versions are just ports of the PS2 version so they all have high input lag.

The 360 had pressure buttons you tard, you must have fat af fingers

On PS3, some movements, such as aiming while peering out to the right in first-person view and then shooting require the use of 4 buttons at once and then pressing square down hard.

How would this be done on 360?

It didn't. The PS2 and PS3's four face buttons were pressure sensitive and detected how hard you were actually pressing the button. MGS2 and MGS3 made a lot of use of this and a lot of controls involved slowly releasing a button or only gently pressing it.

I've never played it, but post 5 in this thread has all the remaped controls: gamefaqs.com/boards/632696-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/60898560

Fuck, you're correct... the original xbox had pressure face buttons though, I presumed they were on 360 too

ZoE1 was not bad but ZoE2 was garbage until Hexadrive came and fixed it, but only on PS3.

Here's hoping that Capcom is going to release Okami on the PS4 or better yet Switch.
>Using the portable mode for the celestial brush

>There also co-developing Super Bomberman R for Switch.

I never knew that.

nope, 360 is digital only
btw, PS4 is also digital only

windwaker HD