I have all 3 witcher games but I can only grind through half of the first one it's tedious as fuck...

I have all 3 witcher games but I can only grind through half of the first one it's tedious as fuck. should I just skip to the third one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9t03870jHtU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xoz5wqXfpwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you will only miss some small talks from random characters

just skip the first two

First one is legitimately good if you can get past the clunky controls.

2 and 3 are more approachable.

Play the second and the third.

1 > 2 > 3

>TW1
>tedious as fuck
Choose one.
Original Witcher is the only GOOD game in the series, and also the only REAL RPG of the bunch too. And it only gets better and better towards the end.

Let consolikids say what hey say, the sequels were clunky ass trash.

>clunky controls
Have people literally never held a Mouse and Keyboard in their hands before??

I had way more trouble controlling and enjoying TW2 and 3.

Get the combat revamp mod for TW1

no, they really are not. Unless you're an AssCreed / DaS fag, then maybe, as they were literally designed for said demographic. AKA console casuals.

>Have people literally never held a Mouse and Keyboard in their hands before??
I liked the interface better in TW1, but some things about the movement annoyed me. Like how Geralt seems incapable of lifting his foot more than half a feet over the ground, so you end up having to walk around a building instead of just taking a slightly larger step to get up a small ledge. The houses near the water in the first chapter are especially guilty of this.

that pic reminds me of how great morrowinds inventory was, then they fucked it up with oblivion onwards.
Both morrowind and TW1 were specifically PC games where the next games had console UI

Just skip to the third one, you're not missing much out of the first 2.

>how great morrowinds inventory was

Yes, it was great having to search for around 5 minutes the potion you want in the middle of a battle.

I just controlled him with mouse clicks, like in ye olde CRPGs. I really miss that feature in the sequels; just picking up and using shit in the environment is a huge slog in comparison.

Yeah, the gamepad-centric design (aka LISTS LISTS LISTS) really is annoying.

jk, honestly 1 is cool but tedious, just skip that and play the others

they are all great fucking autist cant enjoy good games, want only consoles shits games
and you wonder why the industry is dying, is cause all of you

The only problem TW2 has is it's dumb potion system really.

I honestly enjoyed it more than the original.

>The only problem TW2 has is it's dumb potion system really.
Nah, that was literally just tip of the iceberg.
TW2 was one of the largest mindblowing buyer's remorses I've ever got. Literally made me lose all trust in reviews and game awards for good.

All witcher games are mediocre in their own way.
Witcher 1 is the only game that tries to have a good potion an alchemy system.
The stories of each game only slightly touch on the previous games, and even if you play the previous games they still randomly throw new characters at you and act live you've been conversing with them all along.
The over arching story isnt well written enough outside of witcher 1 to care and the best writing is left to the sort of "one off" chapters like the summer wedding or the crones(Which then gets ruined by the overarching story).

theyre long ass games and youre not gonna miss out on them if you decide to not play a game you dont like.

Only play the prologue of the second one
After the interrogation finishes stop and play the third one

>ye olde

>The over arching story isnt well written enough outside of witcher 1 to care and the best writing is left to the sort of "one off" chapters like the summer wedding or the crones(Which then gets ruined by the overarching story).

Speaking of that, I found it really weird how Geralt was fucking Triss in the 2nd game when I sided with Shani and she seemed to hate my guts.

It just sort of felt weird, especially since she actually seems to love and care for Geralt. It just feels wrong.

no, after the first time in the swamp, you'll get hooked.

good witcher vids, wow what a game!
youtube.com/watch?v=9t03870jHtU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xoz5wqXfpwI

>OTS camera
>M&KB controls
This is the right way to play the game, OP and it really doesn't click unless you do. Also people who bitch about the combat need to play on a harder difficulty

If you've tried this stuff and still don't like it then I dunno but I had a really good time with it.

TW2 has a weird difficulty curve to it where the game is way fucking harder at the beginning before you start to get skills but is a cakewalk after. There's a sweet spot mid-game where the challenge level really clicks but early on it's harder than it needs to be (putting off new players) and later it's easier (making combat less enjoyable) than it needs to be.

As far as 2 goes, IMO Iorveth's path is a better self-contained story but Roche's path has more to do with what the game's ostensibly about. Also all of Vergen gets BTFO by Nilfgaard onscreen between games.

3 is just really good all around. Fuck you guys I like the combat.

>Witcher 1 is the only game that tries to have a good potion an alchemy system
>The only problem TW2 has is it's dumb potion system really.
I liked how I had to meditate before important fights and carefully plan which potions to drink and what equipment to use; especially on Dark. I thought that was fairly strategic (compared to a CoD campaign where you just run around and win thanks to SKILLZ) and interesting, are you saying W1 was better in this regard ?

>Iorveth
>Saskia
>Leto
Why couldn't they all end up retiring in a small village, and having tea ever other afternoon ? Why did it have to end like this ?

>are you saying W1 was better in this regard ?
>only has CoD campaigns as comparison
Yes, Witcher 1 was superior in ALL ways.

I really really found TW1's story and the 2nd half of the game to be one of the best vidya experiences of my life.

That being said, TW1 is NOT a great game because the first half of it is some of the most boring vidya I have ever played.

Truly, the order is 3 > 2 > 1. Two and One are pretty close, because Flotsam was just like the Outskirts of Vizima, completely uninteresting. At least with 3 it is fun from beginning until the end of the last expansion.

>stylish, pleasing to look at
Aaand there your opinion went to shit. The TW ui is fucking ugly.

>only
No, the example was meaningful enough so no need to look for anything else.

>superior in ALL ways
pls elaborate ?

The first one is fucking abysmal. I tried forcing myself through it as well, gave up towards the end of Chapter 2. Just finished 2 and it was an improvement all around but still had mediocre as fuck gameplay. If you care about the story Witcher 2 is a tolerable game but you wouldn't be losing out on much by skipping to 3.