Why are there no games based on the Korean War?

Why are there no games based on the Korean War?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dk.koreafull
history.army.mil/books/korea/20-2-1/SN06.HTM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not really taught about here in my country so nobody really knows it which is a shame because I hear it would make for a good video game.

Because body cares about a few dead chinks

Historical shooters went out of style 10 years ago.
And if a war wasn't taught in schools, nobody cares about it.
There's a reason nobody ever made vietnam war games.

American ass pain. People want to have their egos stroked in videogames as its a hobby for children and those who are older but with the exact same mentality.

More importantly, why aren't there many games based on World War I?

There's a few but most of them aren't very good, or they're very niche. Anyone got some suggestions?

>There's a reason nobody ever made vietnam war games.
Battlefield fucking VIETNAM.

Are you retarded or were you just in deep freeze for two years?

People care a lot more about those "dead chinks" than they'll ever care about you, user. Not even trying to be edgy right now.

I assure you, BF1 ain't bad.

>One game = many games

Sounds like you're the retarded one.

NecroVisioN is decent. Its sequel was great though.

Dude what? BF Vietnam, Vietcong games, Men of Valor, fucking black ops was largely in nam,

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is coming out this year.

There's not as many vietnam games as there are WWII, but I challenge you to find ONE, just one Korean war game, so I can fucking play it.

Technically, Mercenaries: PoD is the closest thing because the Korean war never ended, there was just a truce. So although it takes place in modern N. Korea it is technically still the same Korean War.

I'm not even the faggot you were replying to and that got me right in the feels.

Nobody cares because it was a shitshow from start to finish, for every country.

Not to worry, friend. Bitter cunts don't amount to much but you seem alright.

>people complain there's too many ww2 shooters
>50 shitty modern/future shooters later
>people still act like ww2 shooters are played out

I just wanna shoot nazis again, on earth, living nazis, not space zombie nazis, not robot nazis, just normal regular jew hating nazis

a lot of video games studios are american
and they had a way bigger role in WW2 which was also more in the mind of people also wolfenstein might have inspired people since killing nazi isn't bad so it's easier to promote etc
WW1 was old
there was no bad guys
and it was what destroyed yurop

>tfw no Korean War flight sim
>if I want to fly some first gen jets I have to either play Shit Thunder or DCS or modded Il-2 where there's nothing to do with them
why live

chuck yeagers air combat mother fucker!

the mechanic are wonky and somme a bit way too oldschool
the transition between levels are really weird too

the dragon sequence was shit

There's plenty of Korean war games.

...oh, you mean video games. Hmm, try this.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dk.koreafull

Because this war has no propaganda value for leftists.

They can't turn NKs and Chinese into blacks, they can't portrait them as evil because they sympathise with them and they can't turn the US/NATO troops into antagonists because no one in the west would play it.

i think war thunder has first gen jets

Your assurance is worthless

Because drawing more attention to it would highlight how humongous a fuckup it was on pretty much every operational level. The US drawdown from WWII was so rapid and severe that the military remaining was wholly incapable of fighting a war.

It was completely fucked from day 1, history.army.mil/books/korea/20-2-1/SN06.HTM with the initial response being one tenth the size required because MacArthur wanted boots on the ground ASAP, and if you told him things he didn't want to hear, like "We are completely unable to mount a response of this size on this timetable" he would just ignore it and pretend to not hear you. Even that token force that was deployed was lacking proper equipment.

The rest of the war followed a similar plan, MacArthur would just charge ahead ignoring any and all warnings and even orders from the president, so when shit did go badly when the chinese entered the war, we were not prepared strategically or logistically to have an actual fight and shit just sort of fell apart into a rout in all but name and relied on individual heroism to prevent shit from completely disintegrating until the chinese logistics finally fell apart behind their advance, allowing the US to solidify their position and things ended up in the stalemate we still have today.

Not our finest hour. At least we fixed the fundamental problems with our shit after Grenada.

What do I win? I tried it once and couldn't get into it. Also Wargame:Red Dragon, it even has an alternate second Korean War campaign.

What war did USA not fuckup?

Go count your shekels, Shlomo

I know, I pointed that out in my post. I really don't like this game and I absolutely don't feel like dropping 200 dollars or grinding for countless hours just so I can fly some first gen jets in the unbalanced tier

Verdun is good

Because nothing interesting happened, it was the American army steamrolling NK and then getting pissed on by China suddenly entering, then two years of relatively minor battles that did nothing to change a stale mate until peace was made.

No you fag lord.

i think this is why WW1 isn't popular either
the high command of every country did retarded things
and just lost a shitload of soldier for nothing

i miss that
i didn't play much i got to the last spitfire with the british and stopped but yeah the yaks just rekt everything
and 7mm was doing almost nothing to other planes

Because nobody cares about Korea

They could make shit up as those playing most likely not know much about the war.

When are we getting WWI toehoe game?

Is the filename the sauce?

Youjo Senki

From a general media interpretation, there's fairly little on Korea, isn't there?
We've M*A*S*H, and a few documentaries from Hollywood, but it's mostly just the Koreans who are making their own stuff.
The Vietnam generation got a majorly cynical war with questionable purpose, a "loss" for America, and a rise of anti-war counterculture and rock music. As general opinion is rather negative, it's okay to make a Vietnam movie about things being fucked up and the US committing bad things.
Korea? It's the forgotten war. Mostly reusing WW2 tech with a few new toys, and closer to the Mama-sans in rebuilding Japan. It was the blooming post-WW2 boom in the US, prospects looked well, and TV wasn't sending home death counts daily.

Because the war never ended and people avoid making games about ongoing conflicts

At least we got this awesome bit of history out of it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident

The Medal of Honor reboot was set in the ongoing war in Afghanistan.

avoid doesnt mean they dont, and even so i think they were just fighting against terrorists who are not a actual country like north korea

That didn't stop Americans from making hundreds of interesting WW2 games that don't resemble history.