Ask a grown ass man who just lost 2 hours worth of gameplay because the doorbell rang and I got scared so I ran away...

Ask a grown ass man who just lost 2 hours worth of gameplay because the doorbell rang and I got scared so I ran away and hid in the other room but forgot to pause in the middle of a fight and died anything.

Final fantasy 9 thread

Why not answer the door? Where were you in the game? Who was at the door? Why not answer?

why do you need to hide? are you near a window? does your door have a window on top or something?

>average JRPG player

why are you a fag ? why? why so fag ? fag fag fag fag fag ? so fag ? fag

I used to have trouble with people asking for money. One time I let a kid convince into subscribing to a newspaper because I wanted him gone.

Why didn't you switch from Active to Wait? Don't you like to drink in the imagery?

>I guess I'm more autistic than I thought and just wanted to play some vidya game after work
>I was grinding AP in order to face Ozma
>I dunno but she was holding a clipboard, probably a solicitor or something
>I didn't want to talk to anybody

I only played ff9 for the first time two years ago because I was an edgy teen who thought the art style was gay.
wish I'd not been such a fag.

The front door enters into a little "mud room" but theres a large glass panel where you can see into the living room
same. I got drunk one day this summer and let some kid who was younger than me try to sell me new roofing. I'm sure he could smell the booze on me. I'm glad he wasn't a murderer

whats some good gear for zidane so that he doesnt get bodied by necron?

>he didn't disable hos doorbell
>he didn't keep the lights and volume down low

I didn't run from a single fight the entire game, I did all the available side content I could find, and I didn't have any trouble or even difficulty with any of the bosses in the game up until trance kuja. I got to necron at level 43 and it took me 30+ tries to beat him. Over half of the afflictions of grand cross are effectively death states. I though I was in the clear after 20+ tries I spent on trance kuja and I thought it couldn't get any worse that flare star twice in a row with no way to survive, but I was wrong. How is this ok?

Why is amarant on the cover? Why is amarant in the game?

Kek I was thinking the same thing. Ff9 suffers from too many characters. Should be Garnet, Vivi, Steiner, and Zidane and that's it. Fucking Quina? Why did they insist on making me use that faggot

If you're that scared to answer the door, then get a gun, dude.

This is one of my favorite games of all time and just started another playthrough and im gonna use characters i dont normally use. (freya dagger and amarant).

I usually go vivi steiner quina.

Im gonna go full autism and get all muh eidolons

Why does this game have the best music of any final fantasy?

I wasn't fearful for my life, I actually do have a gun just because, I'm just a socially awkward fuck

>Go to the fucking door
>Answer the ducking door
>Say hello and let the solicitor speak
>Say "no thanks, not interested"
>Close the fucking door

Good god. It's not hard at all.

>answering the door

You don't owe anybody at the door anything. Why hide?

How do people Ike you get through life?

With a nice smile :)

Why the fuck would I answer the door? What good could ever come out of doing that? Do you answer phone calls too? Retard.

>one day someone knocks on my apartment door
>thefuck
>get mildly nervous wondering who the fuck that could be (no one ever knocks on my apartment door when I'm not expecting people)
>go answer the door anyway because I'm not completely socially dysfunctional
>it was a neighbor needing some baking soda
>give her some
>go on with my day

You don't even have to go to the point of answering the door if you are really anxious about it. They'll go away.

wait why did you have baking soda??

lmao, sometimes vee surprises me.

Why would you start baking something if you haven't got any fucking baking soda?!? Donkey!!

I bought a box and threw it in the fridge to contain any smells

You typically don't cook with baking soda, despite the name

You might not cook with baking soda, but you usually bake with it, hence the name.

Why didn't you save?

I got cocky

>tfw even a tv commercial with a buzzing phone sound pisses me off

people like you make me understand bullies

Nah, it's more about having skeletons in your closet.

I'm going to marry Freya!

yeah I'd like to see you think rationally while being panicked

bet you're one of those smug fags who complains when the chick in a slasher movie flees up the stairs

>rationally
>panicked
>because the doorbell rang
Why do you even have a door?

if it were up to me I wouldn't

couldn't find an apartment without one

What are you hiding? That's not normal anxiety. You did some fucked up shit in your past haven't you.

Nomura's last full soundtrack I think.

Also you don't have to go full autismo when there are only two eidelons in the game that aren't handed to you.

meant Uematsu

this scene was hot af desu senpai

It's also Uematsu's personal favourite out of all FF soundtracks.

Beat necron on my first try, with no status immunities equipped . Zidane was level 62. Completion time: 47 hours. Post yours.

I mean before the doorbell rang. You know, at some point during the 2 hours of progress he lost? I've lost my save data to power outages more than once. I learned to ALWAYS save my shit. That being said, I was just asking why he didn't save, not acting elitist.

Also I'm not so anxious as to panic from a doorbell ringing, though it might make me jump if I'm really engrossed in the game. I'd still pause, but I can see how someone could get that jumpy. Especially if they live alone.

Best Final Fantasy for sure.

>I can see how someone could get that jumpy. Especially if they live alone.
>live alone
>sit by the window
>imagine scary faces peeking in
>end of scaring myself to the point I can't sleep
am I autistic

Quina is the stronkest character in the game, boyo.

Nah, you just think too much. Find a way to occupy your time/thoughts.

>he doesnt like the socially inept fatass frog eater that can cast shell on your entire party.

poopoo taste

Ive done at least 10 play troughs of this game and I still love the shit out of it

I might try to get Excalibur II in my next one

I lost the fucking Quina at the ending of disc 2 before the fight on that big tree and the bahamuth video.

Now I'm at the beginning of disc 3 and I'm stuck in Alexandria, grindig abilities on level 8 monsters.

I don't want to go to Toleno, I want Quina back.

will we ever see her again bros?

god. what a pain in the ass to get. Steam version playthrough its easier since you can skip cutscenes

Post more rat waifu

Yeah but, I enjoy my old ass PSX version, im gonna keep using until it bust

do you think she removes her eyepatch when she and Steiner fug?

>the doorbell rang and I got scared

>tfw the radio plays car horns

>shit game thread

Why is she so perfect?

So why the hell does Necron show at the end?

I understand that soul cage is like its counterpart, so it shouldnt be able to even exist without it

honorable + chivalrous + sexy as fuck

its sort of cliff hangery. The player is just supposed to assume origins of necron. I personally like edgy eva tier shit like that but i can understand why people would use it as a reason to dislike the games story.

thats a cute rat. Rat is for hugs not fugs

needs tiddies

It's pretty common. My neighbor realized they didn't have any half way through baking and asked me for some too.

She gave me muffins later.

bullshit nobody goes begging to a neighbor for a cup of sugar.

oh no I dont dislike the game, its just the boss seems a little out of place given all the good shit happening before it

lewder

Same here. One time, a really persistent kid came shilling subscriptions for LA times. I couldn't get him to leave, but at the same time i fucking loathe any company that does door to door sales, so I eventually gave the kid the $20 but in cash and with explicit instructions that the money was for his persistence, and not a penny of it is to go to the company he was shilling for.

nope

FF9 is waaaaay too fucking slow. When the battles start the swirling light show starts, then the camera spins around for 5 minutes, then the overall battle itself is sluggish.

I just realized we never see Steiner without his helmet on

No

gay

i've been there user but with ff4 on the GBA
what can i say, i'm easily distracted

kek