THE SWITCH WILL BE A SUCCESS GUYS, I SWEAR!!!!!!

>THE SWITCH WILL BE A SUCCESS GUYS, I SWEAR!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X4SYeDArez4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No MonHun
>No Metroid
>No Animal Crossing

I hope it does fail.

but my 1.2/1.5 million preorders cant be wrong

>no monHun
Yet
>No Metroid
Yet.
>No Animal Crossing
Can you fucking gain some patience?

It's a portable, it's going to get a MonHun pretty soon, and then get an AC game not that long after. Just because they haven't announced the games doesn't mean they aren't in development.
Metroid never ever.

>Yet

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you nintendodrones are so cute. Have fun buying a system with 1 game at launch

just like the wii u, huh?

Wowzers hardware and software is sold at a similar rate.Jeez with all them gameboy consoles i'd think folks would be buyin the wrong games for the wrong systems left, and right!

Are you trying to prove a point here or are you just retarded

Is OP trying to prove a point, or is he/you just retarded?If the point is that software is required to sell well this graph doesn't prove that.

Now overlap the sales of their handhelds, and realize that the Switch will combine sales that would normally be divided

normies don't consider the switch a handheld, and they sure as fuck won't be playing it in public

there's only 6 entries, the wii was NOT an anomaly

how was it not?

My Prediction:
Initially the switch will sell as fast as they can make units.
By mid summer they'll start to slow down, Nintendo will drop the price to $249.
By October they'll have bundle deals out with a best selling game for $279.
Next march they'll release a version of the Switch without the Dock for $199 and discontinue the New 3DS XL.
By holiday season 2018 sales will be slowing again and they'll launch a newer smaller more portable Switch for $149 and discontinue the New 3DS.
It wouldn't surprise me to see one last revision of the 3DS similar to the 2DS or the GBA Micro.

Life time sales for the Switch, I'd guess 60 million. Its all depends on how quickly they can get out the smaller cheaper more portable versions and get the real system seller titles out once they do that.

Its the only handled in the market for at least the next 2 years.

>all those Vita dev who have nowhere to go
>all those 3DS dev

The Wii was a success because moms and aunties bought them as presents for kids because they were attracted to the 'active' aspect of the wagglan sticks, hoping that their kids would not become fatasses. While the Switch does have wagglan as well, it's going to depend on how Nintendo advertises it, and it looks like they're going in the wrong direction by putting focus on how it's a 'portable console'. So I wouldn't expect it to sell well at this rate.

>N64 sold more hardware than software

wut

Except it won't, because 3DS already has a planned successor and Nintendo has already stated this.

I think the legend on the left is for the systems sold, right is the legend for software.
So if I'm reading it right
N64 ~30 million units sold ~250 million games sold
attach rate of about 8 games per system.

Signs are looking good, yes.

No they didn't. They said that the Switch wasn't the replacement for the 3DS.

If you were around back then that's the exact same thing they said about the Gameboy when they introduced the DS.

We might see one more revision of the 3DS, say a 'New 2DS' to hit the $99 price point this coming holiday season.
Don't expect a DS 4.

At least they decided to actually market the system this time. Surely it can't do worse than the Wii U.

Dude, I really enjoyed those Wii U Metroid games, like _______

It won't happen. The reason it won't is because Nintendo handhelds sell well and are cheap to develop games for. Switch will not be as cheap to develop games for.

And half of the articles are about Nintendo's stupid shit
>Only 5 launch games
>Can't charge and play with the Joy-Con grip
>720p in 2016
>299$
>Regular skyrim, not special edition coming this autumn
>20 fps zelda
>32 gb

Switch is perfectly in line with Nintendo's handhelds when it comes to development philosophy.
withered hardware + current dev practices

We know the Switch uses a graphics API very similar to the PS4 and Xbone and can support Unreal 4 and other current engines.
We also know that the hardware doesn't compare well to the PS4, but compares very favorably to the PS3 or the WiiU.

>home consolea

3ds was pretty successful. Switch willbe too

>Using a line graph to represent software sales when the x axis is consoles not years
go back to school

Also:
>No charger. USB C cable: 15$
>No Ethernet port on the dock 30$
>No games, except for 20 fps zelda port
>No support for external hard drives, only slow sd Cards (have fun with 20 Seconds loading time)

>pls understand

If they can get the price down in a reasonable time frame and release great smaller and more portable versions.

If they can release a version that's closer to the size and clam shell form factor of the 3DS XL without removable Joycons but that still has the ability to dock (even if it doesn't come with a performance boost) that's the one I'll get. Especially if they can turn the 3-6 hour battery life into 4-8.

3DS was successful because it wasn't $300, even at $250 it was bombing

It will probably sell between GC and Wii U.

I mean this piece of shit is worse than the fucking Wii U but marketing is better.

The initial Switch trailer has twice the YouTube views of the Wii U's

>pre launch gets tons of media coverage
no shit
Thanks for leaving out the ps4 and xbone launch windows. Because you know, it makes Switch look more important.

lol, the only reason Nintendo did so well with the Wii is because of the casuals. Now that they've all moved to mobiles, it's gonna be hard as fuck for the switch to find a market, especially with the strong competition, shitty marketing, and lack of games at launch. At this point, it isn't set to succeed.

Can someone explain this shit to me please?

Why are people complaining about the price? How the fuck much do you think it should cost?

And can someone explain this no charger meme? This is literally false and it's been stated many times by Nintendo themselves it comes with an a charging cable.

And this shit about no ethernet port...what the actual fuck? It's fucking 2017...

This, just look at the wii u reveal trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=X4SYeDArez4

More than half the threads on Sup Forums are about the switch, their marketing seems to be strong at least. Wii U's biggest fuck up was that all the casuals thought it was a shitty add on to the wii.

Sub-7th gen hardware for $300 isn't acceptable in 2017. $300 was too high of a price for the Wii U, and it's still too high of a price with the Switch.

This fucking shit.
The only reason I think Switch wont completely flop is because it still is a nintendo handheld.

because the Wii U was an E3 reveal

My prediction.

>Have fun with 20 seconds loading times
So faster than my Bloodborne Machine?

It reminds me a lot of the 3DS launch. They managed to turn that around with price drops, and more revisions to appeal to more market segments.

The 'XL' versions have usually performed very well with the audience willing to pay more and as with the 'New 3DS' it seems that's what we're getting first here. That may help them out vs launch performance of the 3DS where everyone knew the XL version was coming.

The thing they desperately need to do now is bring the cost down to hit the $199, $149, and $99 price points. That's where they'll sell the most units.

>MFW if this shit sells more than the Wii U (Which isn't hard to do) nobody can use this bullshit argument again

I didn't know the GameCube sold that poorly. It had a pretty good game selection.

It's a handheld. Why are you comparing the hardware of a handheld to other consoles?

75% of the switch threads in the catalog are console war shitposting

It have the best performing mobile gpu in the market.
Its a fucking handled, not a home console.

Their cost ain't high with how underpowered and lacking in everything this piece of shit is. Nintendo is just jewish as fuck and they've always been that way.

Nintendo is still keeping the 3DS alive
If they cut support to the 3DS and the Switch flops, then they're done for.

Honestly Nintendo just has to make some kind of neato Pokemon game and have it be Switch only

It really didn't do terrible. It's just that PS2 sales were through the ceiling in comparison.

this is the first switch thread I've posted in and it will be the last, but I just wanted to thank you for making me laugh

Nope, this is a home console. This is the Nintendo console you will deal with for the next 6-7 years.
And if you want to judge it as a handheld, it's still overpriced because, get this: handhelds are typically the cheaper alternative to consoles.

7th generation consoles (excepting the Wii)
OpenGL 3.3 / DX9 level graphics hardware
512MB memory

WiiU
OpenGL 4.1 / DX 10 level graphics hardware
2GB memory

Switch
Vulkan level graphics (confirmed by Nvidia 'NVN' is Nvidia Vulkan + Nintendo extensions)
4GB memory (speculation)

They're just looking for anything to latch onto. The only real legit complain at the time is the game library, but BoTW and Mario look fantastic. Hopefully we see MonHun Soon enough and a new Metroid. If Nintendo uses the Switch to fix all of their previous IP mistakes, the Switch could go down as Nintendo's best console in a decades. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube, but im pretty hyped.

Nobody suddenly cut support for last gen when a new console comes out.

Need main Pokemon games , Pokemon fans will buy it even if the game is shit

Tbh a hybrid home console/handheld/tablet thing might really take off with the casual consumer. While I agree that 300$ is a lot for a home console with those specs, the fact that I get a handheld console at the same time really sweetens the deal.

The peripherals still cost a fuck ton and the 32gb default storage is pretty shit.

Oh, and if the next generation of pokemon comes only the switch, it's almost guaranteed to be successful.

Right, initially they'll be recouping the R&D costs. Once those are paid down they should be able to drop the price aggressively.
I fully expect at least a $50 price drop in the first year. An $80 price drop of the kind the 3DS saw after the ebay speculation died down wouldn't surprise me.

>have fun with 20 Seconds loading time
That's actually fast compared to the ps4 and Xbox one

I feel like the Switch is what the Wii U should've of been last gen, and that the Wii U was just an early prototype

So all the complaints about the paid online, the mediocre online of the previous consoles, and the lack of games at launch, are somehow completely excusable because your bias tells you that Mario and Zelda can completely pad out a library? That seems a little off balance if you ask me.

I have a feeling you also defended Metroid: Federation Force.

If nintendo makes the switch their only console/handheld and still makes as many games the wii u and 3ds combined, the game library should be pretty competitive after the start

This graph wont even offer an accurate comparison now that they've combined handheld and console divisions. You'll need to make a new chart with the combined sales of the WiiU/3DS, Wii/DS etc. for a proper comparison.

Gamecube's problem was it had nothing to differentiate itself from the competition, basically exactly the reason why Nintendo won't launch a 'high end' console exactly like the PS4 in every way that everyone always claims to want.

PS2 sold extremely well because it was a cheap DVD player that could also play party games.
Wii sold extremely well because it was a cheap Netflix player that could also play party games.

Nintendo has done some shitty things lately, and I don't even know if I want to see them succeed anymore. Pricing will help, but I think Nintendo severely underestimates the importance of marketing and timing, which is strange considering how effectively they used both of these with the Wii.

>Need main Pokemon games , Pokemon fans will buy it even if the game is shit
Ofc they would. They still dont realize that Game freak is just releasing the same game (with some New gimmick features) every time

Vita has more games lined up for this year than the WiiU 3ds and switch combined.

Nintendo does. Remember a week after the Switch announcement when they stopped producing the Wii U?

>this is home console

Nintendo doesn't want to let people know that they gave up on home console.
This is Nintendo next gen handled.

>handhelds are typically the cheaper alternative to consoles.
Which typically have shitty hardware.
What Nintendo packed in there is basically the best hardware they could get their hand on currently.

If SONY wants to make a portable that would compete with SWITCH, they have to wait at least 2 years for Adreno/Mali to catch up to it.

Yes, in retrospect now the WiiU feels very much like a stop-gap machine that they used to field test some concepts for their next real effort.

So it's time to start making prediction collages again?

>If you were around back then that's the exact same thing they said about the Gameboy when they introduced the DS.
They said that to hedge their bets, and then the DS became the highest selling handheld of all time so they were safe to move on from the GameBoy.

If the Switch bombs completely they won't abandon the 3DS. If it's successful, they will.

Producing =/= supporting.
Just because they stop manufacturing the hardware doesn't mean they stop supporting it.

RIP IN PEACE NINTENDO

Don't want to defend gamefreak or people that buy the games, but I myself buy pokemon games just because they are the same shit I liked with small differences and new content. I usually get at least 40 hours of enjoyment from a Pokemon game, so it's pretty good compared to some other games I buy.

Why is Nintendo dying?

They clearly still understand something about marketing and timing. By doing this after CES, and launching the system before E3 they can guarantee that between now and March they'll basically dominate coverage.

Count on a big price drop sometime just after E3 so they'll be back in the media during back to school time. That seems like a good time for them to announce Pokemon.

the year is 2000, a retard like you says:
>KEK gamecube has so few launch games, no way we are getting a metriod or f zero, they just like we didnt get one on the 64

Am i saying it is certian, no, but if its not a dead franchise then it will return this gen.

poor financial decisions and assholish behavior

citation needed

True but Guess what its Pokemon!!

>Nintendo doesn't want to let people know that they gave up on home console.
>This is Nintendo next gen handled.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It would have to absolutely crater for them to do that, or have some huge surprise like somebody like Microsoft or Apple buying out Nvidia.

If they can get it below $200 within 18 months the Switch should be a decent success. If they can get it below $150 it should really take off.

Thats what they said about Trump

Delete this

Yes it is.
Its a handled that can be docked for a tv output.

the switch is a handheld system that comes with an hdmi-out dock

show me a nintendo handheld that failed

Vita is only 6 years. It will survive until 2020. Also they all inevitably go to the PS4. Sony audience != Nintendo audience.

>show me a nintendo handheld that failed
Virtual Boy

So paid online is only bad when Nintendo does it I guess.

And this meme about the launch library needs to fucking stop. What was the ps4s launch library?

I think the fact that it's a handheld hybrid is really good for nintendo

>>No support for external hard drives, only slow sd Cards (have fun with 20 Seconds loading time)
are you retarded? cartages are fast, the competition is way slower

>It will survive until 2020.
> Also they all inevitably go to the PS4.

the one that costs 300 dollars and doesn't fit in your pocket