If Entei was a regularly available stage, would it be tournament legal? Both of those edges are grab-able...

If Entei was a regularly available stage, would it be tournament legal? Both of those edges are grab-able, and there's no spots underneath to camp.

it's been a while since I've played on entei but it looks to me like fox could infinitely shine drill you on the back of his head
a lot of stages are banned because of fox

Entei's head isn't a wall, if that makes a difference. It's a smooth single platform all the way across.

so then... it's just FD with a hill on one side? that could be interesting but I still feel like it might be banned because of "Uneven stage design" or something stupid like that
of course that doesn't stop stadium but on the other hand there are players that prefer to wait out the transformations so who knows

It makes all the difference actually. If it isn't a wall, then there's no real reason it couldn't be legal since the issue with stages designed kinda like it is wallshine infinites.

It's an awkwardly shaped stage, but if there's no walls, it would very likely be legal due to being so static.

Stadium's issue is a bit different. Two of the transformations have giant cockblocking walls in-between that make interactions awkward at best. If not for the fire and rock transformations, Stadium would likely be a neutral stage instead of a counterpick.

does 20XX allow access to special stages? because if it did I could see it possibly being legal like you said

Last I checked, yeah. But it's hard to say if the extra stages will ever be legalized since the game's traditionally only ever used the normal stages provided in the game's multiplayer options.

It's definitely an interesting idea though.

I know the 20XX Training Hack Pack has all the single player stages with it.

The problem is there's no way that they'd allow hacks like 20xx in tournaments after PM got banned.

Otherwise we'd have frozen pokemon stadium as a neutral stage.

well then there you go I guess OP
start lobbying for TOs to use entei in whatever smaller local tourneys you can get to
be the change you wish to see etc. etc.

I feel like PM is kind of a different deal but yo make a good point, hadn't thought of that
rip PM

Design a good competitive stage, Sup Forums

Anyone else had a lot of trouble with Trophy Tussle 3 (Majora's Mask)? Even today it's still a bitch.

Copy PM's Green Hill Zone, I loved that stage.

did I do it right user-kun?

>walkoff
No.

Agreed. That shit was fucking godlike. I love stages with moving parts that don't obstruct gameplay. Shit is so much fun to use for makeshift combos.

It's good, but here's the actual best stage from PM.

The Dr. Mario one is still the worst one. I got really lucky on it and both of them SD'd on me.

I wish Frigate Orpheon had made the jump from Brawl to Smash WiiU, it was the best stage both for FFA and competitive
>asymmetric layout, with no ledge on the right side and a curiously low platform on the left side above the ledge. Matchups play very differently depending on how good you are at keeping the fight at the side you want
>stage transformation with a unique mechanic, the quick flip, that has a fair warning before it happens
>second form is Halberd but with slopes in the middle
>potential shenanigans with the moving platforms coming in from the sides

Characters that can put up strong walls could centralize the play to the right side. Marth could wait there all day for uptilts and grabs.

I hated that event where you play as Ness against all the space characters. It starts out easy enough, but Captain Falcon and Falco are such a pain in the ass to KO.

All I see are faces.

>Yoshi's Story never returned
>Fountain of Dreams never returned
Why and why? All of the tournament legal stages should always come back.