Fact: The Switch would sell twice as well if it was delayed until it could be launched with zelda AND mario

Fact: The Switch would sell twice as well if it was delayed until it could be launched with zelda AND mario

also remove all the dumb expensive wagglan tech to reduce the price of the console down to $250

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334753
youtube.com/watch?v=T-eTgaMcOAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nintendo is staggering it's big launches. Very wise.

And I don't think 249.99 or 299.99 is making anyone go
CAN'T BUY IT

who would buy it already.

Nintendo tends not to do two big name first party releases very close to each other. Parents who buy games for their kids tend to buy maybe one new game a month. If Nintendo released Mario and Zelda at the same time, they'd be competing against themselves because parents are gonna pick one.

Well, maybe not today's millennial parents who spoil their special snowflakes. But certainly this was true back in the GameCube days.

Would you buy a switch with its current launch lineup if it came in the old translucent plastic colors

no

I dont CARE about the stupid joycon and its wagglan hd rumble gimmicks. No one else seems to care about them either

all it does is drive up the price of the console for no fucking reason. WHY do those dumb pieces of plastic cost $80 per pair? Ditch the gimmicks and give us a bigger battery! 3 hours of playing breath of the wild is ABYSMAL. I seriously cannot believe nintendo did this

actually, yes I can. maybe I'm the dumbass for believing nintendo could dig themselves out of this wii hole that they've created...

what place is that?

Mexico

>lmao just make a bigger battery

you have no idea how batteries work

>3 hours of playing breath of the wild is ABYSMAL

so play with it in the dock, now you have unlimited playtime at your disposal.

it's the amala temple, you can see the upside down pyramid way in the back

somehow mario and SMT take place in the same universe

I do know how batteries work

you're retarded if you don't think they could have spent their R&D time developing a better, more expensive battery instead of this hd rumble garbage

this would explain the new smt game coming out on the switch

>featuring mario from the devil may cry series!

Fact: the Switch would be as powerful as a PS4 and cost $250 and have 8 exclusives ready to launch if it were delayed until 2019 or 2020.

no you don't

companies have been throwing money at R&D for better batteries for YEARS and shit hasn't happened

why do you think smartphones still have shit batteries

okay... I have an idea

instead of making a bigger battery. why dont they just put TWO of them inside the switch?

Problem solved

...so it would be twice as sold out?

why don't you just buy TWO switches?

now you get 6 hours of zelda!

that doesnt work user!!!!!!!! im trying to ber s erioes here

I would have probably preordered a Switch if it was $20 at launch desu

Yes it does work user. Switch uses carts, when first switch is low, just save and pop cart in the second switch. Or just buy a usb-c battery pack.

Mario Odyssey could have easily been a wii u game. I feel kind of ripped off that this was probably the 3d mario they were talking about and they just delayed it to shill the switch

>saves are stored in the game cartridge

th-this is news to me... and not good news, mind you

oh fuck I just thought of that

god I hope they don't do that shit

3ds carts do that don't they?

To me at least, the game doesn't look capable of running on the wii u. It has a lot of really cool lighting and particle effects that just wouldn't be possible

But lets say it was originally going to be a wii U game. It would probably run at 30fps but now that it's on the switch it'll be at 60 and have improved lighting and textures

it could be a handful of shit on a plate and I would still buy it

you don't know us nintendokids, sonyfag

& Knuckles

Yes... they do and I've always hated it

on an unrelated note, does anyone know if Nintendo is FINALLY going to implement a universal nintendo account system that keeps track of all your purchases and shit? y'know, the kind of thing sony and microsoft have been doing since the ps3 and 360?

it seems like they are since they're doing that "paid online service" thing

NNID kind of does that, but it's possible to delete a NNID which is fucking retarded

Nah I think it'd be enough if they bundled in some fucking game with it at launch.

If the Switch came bundled with Zelda it would FLY off of the shelves.

especially if they had cancelled the Wii U version which they most definitely should have

I would have preordered at 250, but I refuse to buy at 300.

I'm going to buy a switch on launch and not going to be even slightly disappointed.

Fuck that.

Why is there ICE in the fucking DESERT?

true, but a zelda bundle would also destroy the shit out of their profits on the game if they were to just give the hottest new shit away for free like that. if for the holidays they make a bundle for mario then that'll definitely be possible, the early adopters will shell out for mario while christmas shoppers go gaga by buying a switch to play

You do know that deserts aren't always hot, right

>tfw you're in a desert level but ice music level plays

From what I've gathered, Nintendo CAN sell this for lower than 300 dollars and turn a profit. They just aren't doing it. Because they know you'll cough up the money. This isn't like Wii U where every sale loses them money.

I was unironically prepared to get one on launch if Mario was coming with it.

Some of them do, some don't. For example Monster Hunter Generations saves on the SD card.

Why does the dock cost so fucking much?

Probably like the fire/ice levels in Galaxy

same dude

can you IMAGINE the fucking hype there would be if the new zelda and mario launched with the new console on the same day? The sheer amount of nintendo hype would destroy this board

Fact: op is a fagot

>Desert
>A very dry place

Very hot or very cold, you're gonna be dry.

If u believe this, its because later docks will be supercharged as fuck. neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334753

>3 hours of playing breath of the wild is ABYSMAL

It's really not though, it's actually pretty solid. 3DS and Vita both had 3-5 hours of battery life.

BoTW is a demanding game and if the Switch can pull off 3 hours on it that's pretty damn good.

Can you explain why?
I can understand not wanting it but is $50 that big of a deal breaker?

>tfw several dudebros I know have already pre-ordered it

Nintendo just has to work on getting the core IPs from major third party publishers and the Switch will be the most viable and obvious next system for anyone. If this does well enough at launch and can get the decent 3rd party support through this holiday with the big games than the Switch can actually be set on a good path

A 2d mario would have done significantly better than a non-exclusive zelda.

Zelda doesn't do huge performance anymore, and hasn't for a long time. It gets btfo by crap like fallout and final fantasy xv.

That $50 is enough to buy a game, which the switch does not come with

You have no idea how hyped the normies are for breath of the wild, are you?

I personally am happy, that there are motion controls in there. I wouldn't play Splatoon 2 any other way, but otherwise, I agree. Also HD-Rumble and this strange picture sensor is something I don't see value in.

That is still not that much money in you were willing to spend $250 in the first place.

If it was $350 then yes it is understandable but a additional $50 a few months from now is nothing.

I only want it as a handheld, I wish I could buy it minus the home attachments.

Maybe for YOU but I have to work my ass off to get that much

That would require a completely new dock with all that shit inside it. The current one just connects your tablet to the TV, I can't see why it would cost more than 20 dollars

>twice as well
>already sold out of preorders

Sure thing, OP.

Same. $250 with free online would've be a buy for me.

And $50 is one controller for it.

If started saving today you would only need to put aside $1.10 every single day. Hell, make it $3 and you can buy it and a additional game.

It's going to do typical zelda numbers. You have no idea how played out a lot of the open world shit is with normies.

I thought the joycons cost $80?

Game consoles aren't for people who have to work hard to make 350.

well, my normie friends and their normie friends would like to have a word with you

$50 SHOULD be a controller for it.

It takes the price to 400 CAD which is a significant psychological barrier.

3D mario doesn't sell consoles

That's nice, dear.

You are better off buying a second Switch if you want a second set of controllers and a second dock. That way you get 6 hours of mobile zelda too

It actually looks like a huge downgrade in a lot of ways, really quickly, from what they guage a lot of open worlds on now, like witcher 3.

It should have come out 3 years ago.

witcher 3 is a lot less interactive

If they removed all that shit they could probably afford to increase the battery life or graphical power too

Witcher 3 does a much better job of selling a living world than botw will, and has a lot more depth to encounters/combat.

That's where botw always looked like it fell short.

Setting grass on fire or knocking a boulder down isn't going to float the whole open world.

Wrong, OP. Too much choice = confusion to customer. See simple launches like Halobox and PSDVD2.

>Setting grass on fire or knocking a boulder down isn't going to float the whole open world.

you're acting like those are the only features in BotW

worked for the original zelda, lol

Not really.

The world isn't as interactive as you think, and like I said, they aren't selling the living world aspect of the open world well.

It's their first real open world game and you can tell.

>75 posts
>not one complaint about Nintendo's shitty paid online

In my opinion, THIS was their worst move about the Switch. It is objectively inferior in every way to PS+ and Microsoft gold. one temporary NES game a month is NOT going to get people excited

not to mention the only game worth playing online is fucking splatoon and mario kart and those won't be released til long after the console comes out

>Witcher 3 does a much better job of selling a living world than botw will, and has a lot more depth to encounters/combat.
TW3 has shit combat and gameplay.

Just a left or right one is 50. Both together are 80. But don't forget to get the charging grip for another 30!

There's a huge amount of people who would disagree with you, and you are aware of that.

>one temporary NES game a month
I wish they'd just give us a big library of retro games as part of the paid online. If you're going to pretend ROMs are worth paying a subscription for, at least give us something convenient.

What magical device are you guys using that lets you do intense gaming for longer than 6 hours without charging? Because even in the world of laptops, its hard to get that length without gimping shit to reduce battery draw.

It is brought up in literally every switch thread you retarded faggot, sorry this one didn't fill your quota.

it all depends on the price really. i don't like the fact that it's paid especially when the service and incentives are shit, but i wouldn't mind paying for it if it's cheap

Why would I need a charging grip?

exactly. When I first heard about the paid online feature I thought "Oh that's cool, they'll probably give us a huge library of roms to play! I'm definitely paying for that"

oh how naive I was...

N64 launched with Mario and fans had to wait TWO YEARS for Zelda. Don't know why it's suddenly not okay for them to do the same only in reverse.

There's no reason to complain about it

No one uses online in nintendo games.

Mario games generally sell MUCH more than Zelda games

not the 3D ones though :)

Mario is 5x the system seller Zelda is

nah, the 3d ones too

The same people that loved TW3 loved ME3 so that doesn't mean a whole lot. MEA was voted as the most anticipated game of the year, too. Really makes you think. youtube.com/watch?v=T-eTgaMcOAg

no :)

When the joycons are plugged into the grip that comes with it, they don't charge. The tablet charges them, but the other thing doesn't.

if your parents were buying you games during the gamecube days, you are a millennial

>MEA was voted as the most anticipated game of the year, too.
Not sure how. They've basically haven't shown much of the game so far. We knew more about Inquisition at this point than Andromeda.

Sure you'll sell out of preorders if you only send out 1000

Nintendo is like crack to scalpers and its a big reason why people dont buy their shit. You cant fucking get one when the hype is still strong

If Zelda wants to do big numbers it has to pull Normies.

You know, the people who make games like tw3 and fallout 4 run circles around zelda

I'm just going to dock the little devils.