Gonna change it up a bit

Gonna change it up a bit.

Non-Nintendo friends: What is your honest opinion of Breath of the Wild?

Assuming it was on your console of choice, how would you feel about it?

Hardmode: No shitposting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI#t=16m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit

not interested.

stopped caring about zelda games after twilight princess because of how bad that game was.

Actually looks pretty good, if it was 20-30 Dollars

It's pretty cool. It might actually do open world right from what I've seen.

Also
>not "Gonna Switch it up a bit."

I lost complete faith in the series after the soulless mess that was Skyward Sword, but this definitely made me more interested in the series. I think the bigger push for a more anime/cinematic feel is going to work well for them, because the formula has been wearing incredibly thin. We'll see how the gameplay goes, but the story and characterization of just zelda so far, seems more ambitious than anything they've done so far.

I have decently high expectations. It hasn't felt like nintendo has really given a shit until this year.

This one *COULD* fix it.
But I understand your reservations.

>20-30 Dollars
K

>Also
>not "Gonna Switch it up a bit."\

Godamnit

Yeah because they have to. Just like after the Gamecube sorta tanked.

I don't like zelda, so I wouldn't buy it. I can't really get into any zelda games so much that I actually want to finish it, the only one I've ever beat was the first one and that took me 4 years of on and off playing

I have never played a Zelda game because they look boring and this game has done literally nothing to change my opinion on that. I think the graphics are ugly and if it was on PC I wouldnt really even care to pirate it. Im sure its a good game, whatever.

Looks good, and I'm probably never getting a switch. Might get a Wii U one day because it mostly seems fine, but I just haven't cared.
BoTW looks better than anything else coming this year, so far.

I think TP and SS were completely boring though, so who knows? It could be just as bad as those or worse.

I don't like Zelda anymore

not sure if I'm gonna get BOTW even though I own a Wii U

Thank you for your honesty.

Wait, I have to play the part so... fuck off sonyggers!

If you haven't played it, I do recommend A Link To The Past at a minimum

As long as you have another console/PC, the Wii U is a good investment. Great games on it.

And yes, BotW could be another SS (I liked TP) but I have a gut feeling it will be the OoT of its time.

If it was on PC then I'd play it. I don't buy consoles anymore.

Looks pretty cool, but the Switch just isn't something I'd ever buy. I just want a standard console with good hardware. Breath of the Wild's graphics style should lend itself to 1080p 60 fps easily in this generation, but instead it's 900p 30fps, with washed-out draw distance.

Good on nintendo for always innovating with their consoles, but the gimmicks just aren't for me, and I'll be damned if I have to pay $100 for a normal controller.

But besides all that, BotW looks good... love the voice acting, and the fact that it looks like they're trying to make a legitimately dramatic and emotional story.

PC/Nintendo has been the best combo for quite a few years now. Just saying.

meh
Zelda games have everything I love about vidya but I tried to play several of them: Oot, WW, alttp. And I dropped all of them when they got more interesting, which is after the gimmick is revealed/ the master sword is obtained.
There is something about them that just don't click with me, puzzles are a hassle most of the time, they don't feel clever or interesting. Combat is not intense, dungeons have a lot of backtracking. I'm just like fuck yeah zelda lets go on an adventure, and halfway through I'm just bored to shit.

So BotW looks really fun, pretty and exciting but I wouldn't buy a console for it. So I'll emulate it on Cemu in 2 years and halfway through drop it I guess.

From thr admittedly limited amounts of trailers and stuff I have seen of it It looks kinda neat but I have no plans to buy an entirely new console for it. Especially because I am unemployed right now.

Looks empty and dated.
Like first open-world games in 2004.

To be honest, I'm sure it'll be fun. But I just don't see what's so great about it.

Everything looks so foggy and hazy, the view distance is shit, the textures look awful

And yeah you can do some cool shit, but it's almost skyrim "YOU CAN DO ANYYYYTHING" tier

Also don't care for the art style.

I just don't get why people literally are crying when seeing this

900p 30fps and the $80 controller are indeed bullshit. Super bullshit.

Fair enough. Totally get it. In my excitement for BotW, I've been running through ALttP and the dungeons and game in general aren't quite as exciting as when I was 8.

Still have high hopes for the new one, but it certainly is a series that won't appeal to everyone.

Yeah, nah. Thanks for your input, though.

Zelda games are just basic adventure games, could care less about them, not sure why people go crazy about them

>Yeah, nah.
It is, do not lie to yourself.
They looked for everything in open-wrold games in last decade and took everything.
Body player physics after a hit (GTA IV and it is irritating)
Crafting system with breakable weapons (Also irritating)
Empty big world (just boring)
Tower system from Ubi games.
And etc.

But i do not see a game. Even Shadow of Mordor looked better.

>buying a Switch and BotW for $360
>5 days later getting Nier: A Black Box edition for $200

HELP

i would not pay $300 for it

Idort here.
Looks pretty good. And I'm probably getting a Switch because the hardware looks slick as fuck so far. So fucking fancy to look at.

Besides, I'm looking forward to Xenoblade 2, SMT and that Octopath game.
FE Warriors mite be cool too.

Looks good, very good even. But very overhyped. I can only imagine that if it had an EA or Ubisoft logo on it people would react very differently

I'd like to play it one day, but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a console just to do so anytime soon. I can wait patiently

Looks interesting but I'm not going to buy a switch for it, maybe next year when there are more games out and if prices have gone down

As for the "Zelda fever" you're talking about, a lot of people grew up with this series in one way or another. Most of the hype or crying or whatever you're seeing comes down to nostalgia. Nothing more, nothing less. Most of them are objectively great game, but the passion is born from nostalgia.

Literally irrelevant, subjective, or untrue: the post

I'm OP, love it already, and even I wouldn't do that.

Super fair.

I haven't been all that impressed with any of the 3D Zelda entries, and I lost all faith in Nintendo's ability to make good games or consoles after the Wii. I'm also not very fond of open-world games these days, with few exceptions.

I haven't paid any attention to Breath of the Wild, and it being released on other consoles wouldn't increase my interest.

Its looking great, so im interested in getting it

it looks pretty good. I'd certainly buy it of came out on a hardware manufactured in this century

>Literally irrelevant, subjective, or untrue: the post
Just play more games.

Looks alright. Everything looks too bright an washed out though.

Now I'm waiting for that guy who is replying to every post to give me a (you).

I admire what the game is setting out to do, but I feel like it's going to end up falling short. Potential pitfalls: the emptiness of the overworld in some sections, the downgraded visuals, and the padding/fetch quests that Zelda games often use in their later stages.

looks like shit, they should've delayed it another year so it would actually look like it's more than just some $20 budget PS2 game.

The first nintendo console I played was an NES with mario/duckhunt

The only Zelda game I ever played was on the gameboy color.

The last Nintendo console I bought was the gamecube, favorite game being sunshine.

Breath of the Wild looks fun.
Would play/10.

Skyward Sword was good

Goddamn this game looks like shit. Who made this the Darksiders devs?

im so sick of open world games so i think it looks incredibly boring. even with all the webms spammed here they do nothing for me. everything just looks so ugly, blurry and empty.

This area is pretty nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI#t=16m

16 minutes

Son, I have played enough open world games to know that the genre has not only become shit, but probably always was. Zelda is the first open world adventure game since Oblivion to give me some hope. And that's saying a lot.

I am fulfilling my sacred duty as the OP. Also I'm bored.

>pic related
Look, Horizon looks pretty good. I'm gonna get it. But it's no Zelda. Believe that.

Looks interested but I'm not convinced the open world will have enough for me to just run out and be link after the initial play through. Looks cool tho

It looks great and I for one appreciate Zelda finally becoming the waifubait game it was destined to be since Ocarina

>Son, I have played enough open world games to know that the genre has not only become shit, but probably always was. Zelda is the first open world adventure game since Oblivion to give me some hope. And that's saying a lot.

I'm interested.
I didnt like TP very much i felt it was too easy and linear. I never got skyward sword because i felt zelda games just werent for me anymore after TP.
BotW has got my interest though. I'm sure it will still be easy and for kids but i like open world games when they are actually done right and im willing to let nintendo have a shot at it.

The game seems to have a lot of content related to climbing, and some of the bosses in the preview videos were shadow of the colossus tier huge and looked like they might be climbable.
I think BotW gimmick will be climbable bosses similar to shadow of the colossus, which could be fun.

I doubt you played even GTA IV, not even talking about Far Cry 2.
And Ubisoft games, of course not, Ubi lol, shiiiiiit.
Unlike godly nintendo with revolution tower system.

You're doing a good job at making sure no one is shitposting OP.

Open world garbage.

I just am not into the sandbox shit that gets boring after you do it the second time. All these type of games do is remind me how simple video games still are.

Looks rad, would get it. I've played the other Zeldas though, but I don't think my opinion would change it I haven't.

Splatoon looks fun, too. I wish those two titles would justify buying a Switch, but nah.

I woudlve played it.
But buying autismachine just for 1 game is too much.

Zelda rides on nostalgia. Sony has far surpassed it on terms of quality.

> bigger push for a more anime/cinematic feel is going to work well for them
skyward sword WAS an anime imo senpai.

looks like a fine game ruined by the fact that its on terrible hardware holding back how beautiful it could have been. probably will be an enjoyable game, but sad that its behind a $300 tablet paywall.

I didn't play Far Cry 2, but loved 3. 4 and Primal suck. I know what you're talking about. This isn't AssCreed style shit.

I did play GTA 4 and occassionally play 5. I don't get the Ubi formula vibe from this game, though. Sorry you do. You'll be missing out for a retarded, wrong reason. Unless the game actually sucks, then good job.

>what did he mean by this
Thanks?

Fair.

I honestly am thinkinking of cancelling my preorder. But I want the best version of this game.

Yes to the first part, but still nah to the second. Graphics don't mean quality. This coming from a PCfag.

Would love to play it but then I would have to buy a Nintendo console and support Nintendo.

I hate fucking Zelda. I respect the place it has in the industry and what it's done over the years for gaming, but the formula grew old about 20 years ago and never changes.

That said, wild looks great and I would give it a try on the grounds of trying something new at least.

Honestly, I would play it, and I might even pay for it, but it's going to be a good long while before I can play it emulated on my PC

No, user. Just support vidya. Put your 15 year old console war shit aside and just enjoy something for once.

Fair and I got deja vu off your post. Are you in my dreams?

My only concern for this is that the open-worldliness, is going to be pointless like will there be crafting and such? What's the point of farming at all? Also, i don't like the blocky look of all the shrines on the inside, and the bright blue with orange sheika stuff is ugly

never played it

Well there's cooking. Not sure about any survival genre stuff outside of that. Taming horses?

Also can't help you with the shrine aesthetics, but that's pretty subjective.

Fuck, Nintendo should be paying me for this.

How does one get hired as a shill?

... do you understand what this thread is about?

I was really impressed by the trailer even gave me gander pimples at times. It's too bad the game is stuck on a dog shit console though.

Artstyle looks absolutely dreadful to me and the fact that they made it open world just killed it for me. Everytime I see some video its just so plain. Link just running around a huge barren nothingness, with the occasional low tier enemy get blown away in an easy fashion. What good is this big world if you're just doing the same boring things over and over. I can only imagine the handful of terrible kill and collect 20x fetch quests to pad out the game. This is exactly why I cannot stand this open world stuff.

MM will always be my fave Zelda because that atmosphere was so twisted and it truly stood out. Playing as Zora,Goron and Deku link along with other masks with different abilities, it was fucking incredible. Breath of the Wild just doesn't sit with me I dislike so much about it and honestly cannot find a single thing that stops me and makes me go "ok that was cool." Also this voice acting just seems bad. This isnt a dub/sub thing just the fact that theres voice acting to begin with. I prefer the occasional HELLO or BYE that NPCS would give like the older Zeldas.

I'm a pretty big Nintendrone, but I'm not exactly hyped for Zelda. The open world sandbox meme has long since been played out and I feel Zelda doesn't gain much from just mindlessly fucking around an empty space with random distractions littered around

>just enjoy something for once.

Nintendo and its practices won't let me.

The Wii U costs just as much as the Switch.

It looks pretty cool, I wouldn't purchase a switch for it, but if I ended up having one I'd borrow it from a friend or something. I just feel like the open world will get boring after a while, especially if it's as large as some people are claiming it to be.

I do think the story will be interesting though, going off of the latest trailer and I really like the direction the voice acting is going in.

These games typically have pretty good music so I'm sure the music in this one will be fine, I just hope they don't play it too safe with the soundtrack.

The gameplay so far seems pretty boring to be honest. It seems like the biggest draw is supposed to be all the things you can do around the open world, but as I stated earlier after a while that will probably get boring
The bow action on horseback is cool though.

not really. the product doesn't exist yet and i can't try it myself so what could i ever possibly feel or share of worth on the matter? i dont do e3, i dont do marketing hype, i don't do preorders. there are more video games in existence right now than i could ever play already, i put my energy into finding and playing those.

conferences are for business suits and techbloggers, not me.

Zelda hasn't been good since A Link to the Past, but I'm also in my 30s and grew out of it, so hopefully the kiddies enjoy this one.

I'm a little optimistic since it looks a lot better than skyward and the furry goth one. The open world aspect looks a little shallow though.

As a fan since Zelda 2, I get all of this. MM is also kinda my favorite, tied only with ALttP.

That said, you should really give this one a chance. It is shaping up to be the darkest Zelda since MM or TP, despite its art style. Which you don't like so nevermind.

Yeah I get that.

Doesn't matter how you enjoy it, as long as you enjoy it.

Good for you. Why are you here? /vr/ is a board too

I'm 31 dude and I'm hype as fuck. Not even using my kid as an excuse for this one. LttP is best, though.

my favorite thing

>link wakes up
>gets a 2 minute refresher
>dumps you into the world
>ok have fun

fucking perfect

I skipped the Wii U, so I guess that makes me non-nintendo. I'll probably pick it up when MK8D comes out along with a Switch.

Zelda is enjoyable at worst but i've been unenthusiastic post Windwaker. I've seen bits and pieces of this game in other series so putting all of them together doesn't exactly impress me.