Not bad

Intel CPUs haven't been progressing very quickly lately

Intel retail edge It's easy to shop' a paystub

>1060
>not 1080

Also for retail edge. Love my new 6700k for 109 USD

>60hz

Water ewe pour.

How do you get in on the whole Intel Edge scam?

I am in beaner country. A 1080 would cost me what I pay in taxes for the whole year or 2 months of food. Also 1080 is a meme that will be outdated quick anyways by the ti.

Just started building my first gaming PC and I want the 1080 but that shit is expensive as fuck

i'd have to buy new motherboard, ram, and OS. Didn't feel worth it tbqh

>calls 1080 a meme that will be replaced by Ti
>owns a inferior card 1060

The i5 7600k costs the same. Should have just gotten that instead.

But the 4790k is a solid CPU. I've had mine for a couple years now and I'm really happy with it. Got it OC'd to 4.4ghz and it never goes above 55C thanks to my h105.

A 4790k will trash a 7600k clock for clock.

resold the one from christmas for 350, gonna miss it when i lose it in march

Well no shit, it has hyperthreading, effectively making in an 8-core. But the fact is i7s are overkill for anything other than heavy graphic design, video editing, or 3D modeling.

If one of you edge fuckers are in Seattle, I'll buy from you.

A ton of games are using 6-8 threads now. You'll get much more consistent frametimes as well.

Why are you losing it?

>work as a programmer
>use ivy bridge and 670 gtx
>dont play games really except overwatch and vanilla wow
>no reason to upgrade anytime soon
what did he mean by this?

work in a retail store like best buy or microsoft store

i left best buy. you have to be an active retail employee to have an account there. they make you re-up every 90 days.

microsoft has one called the expert zone which makes you re-up once per year, but their prizes are garbage. only thing worth getting is a year of xbox live in the fall.

There's gotta be some shady motherfucker selling this stuff on the down low right?

Why did you leave?

maybe. essentially once in the summer and once in the winter they give you an opportunity to buy a product at a super low price. I am the highest level and bought the 6850k or whatever at 110? usd. you can do learning activities to get "chips" and get shit. basically free since you have to do this anyways for geek squad. I got $350 for it since I already have the 6700k from summer. maybe could've gotten more but the market gets flooded and I didn't want to wait around a few weeks to make an extra $25-50.

I tore my ACL playing soccer.

I was full time until I got a salary job but they let me stay on because I was worlds above what some of the other employees could do, and was liked by management. basically would work a few times a month to keep the employee discount.

Not him but I was more or less in the same boat. Geek Squad is a nice transitional gig if you are halfway competent with computers. I was on the upper end for pay at like $16 and could listen to music and didn't have to deal with customers save for calling them to pick up their stuff or answering the random call.

The discount is legit, though. 5% above cost and a bunch of perks on random stuff. Just got a 1TB hard drive for 60% off for doing some 5 question quiz.

Got that accommodation as well. Nice shit. Got good prices on my hue lights, too.

Were those any good? I just did the Linksys one so I could get a wireless dongle and the Samsung one for a 4k over fall but missed the Hue stuff. I thought they were just special light bulbs.

They rock. The mood lighting is cool, and I set it up with my PC so it mirrors the colors on the screen. The lights change colors with the day/night cycles in games I play now.

Fuck me that sounds great

I work CS, so I'm close to Geek Squad... I get some stupid customers, but it must take a fuckload of patience to deal with them in GS.

By the way, I found a way to crash POS today on accident. Ring up a gift card (I used a Starbucks one) twice in quick succession. You have to scan it twice before it processes the activation. It ends up crashing the system and forcing a restart.

>A ton of games are using 6-8 threads now

Like what?

If your gonna play at 1080p then yeah a 1060 is great but if you're gonna play at a higher rez the you dun goofed at least you dont have to deal with amd drivers