Why are CD Projekt Red so much better than every other developer at making DLC/Expansions?

Why are CD Projekt Red so much better than every other developer at making DLC/Expansions?

Other urls found in this thread:

glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/CD-Projekt-RED-Reviews-E644250.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=4seEM8f3SjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they don't have jew policies.

I think it probably hass less to do with the developers (not that CD Projekt Red are not extremely talented), but more to do with investors/publishers breathing down their neck and calling shots.

Are you retarded? They published the game themselves.

I meant for other developers. Publishers are not a problem for CDPR.

Why is Fromsoftware so much better than CDPR at making video games?

They're one of the few ones who still give a fuck about their games and don't see them purely as something to make money off.

artificial difficulty /=/ good

They're playing the long game. They gain your trust and everyone praises them so they gain popularity, then they fuck us all in the ass.

They aren't.

A game's quality should be evident by itself. If you feel the constant need to shill your souls pseudogames, that doesn't really speak so high about them, does it?

>make the same game 5 times
>each installment is more broken, more bleak and with shittier graphics

They don't have to pay people as much in poland.

user fell for the plucky underdog doing it out of love meme.

They do things the way they do because they feel it is the best way to make money.

Too many people fell for it, its like they forgot that they lied about mod support and downgraded the graphics.

>A game's quality should be evident by itself
You should play the game then.
>shill
No shilling here, just stating facts.

>more broken
How so?
>more bleak
Not a flaw
>shittier graphics
Much better graphics actually. Better art direction too.

Because they are better at making games, and are not just passionless 9-5 wageslaves. They care and are passionate about video-games.
I just feel like they make game for you to enjoy not to milk money.
also Blood & Wine is a marvel of the universe.

Lel they literally tried to sue pirates

glassdoor.com.au/Reviews/CD-Projekt-RED-Reviews-E644250.htm

But that's just hearsay. I don't need to think about that it's obvious when you play the game that they give a shit.
Also your mom is a stinking whore everyone who says otherwise fell for the your mom is not a stinking whore meme.

what the fuck is this site holy shit you can't be serious with this shit
>babby learns about the world and how ceo's all over the planet ruin everything.

Just play the damn game, it's way more informative and interesting that way kid.

CEO decisions are the whole company
>Legal department decisions are the whole company
I kinda feel the urge to place my pooper on your face and fart.

if true it is something they are completely within their rights to do.

Free EU gibs and making people buy cracked copies of old games they got from torrents.

Yes they put Bioware to shame with their waifu sim.

You will love CP2077.
You will be able to build your synth waifu from the ground up.
They know their audience.

>some employees that are well rooted in the company are doing more harm than good
Literally every company/group/band ever.

PIDF/CDPIDF right on time.

Fucking irrelevant sidequests have literally 5 outcomes and recorded lines. Hell even if you do the quest by accident and stumble upon the guy that would give you the quest there are different voice lines, for "Oh damn I think I already killed your guy".
The whole game oozes love for detail. I got my gripes with some things but you can't with a straight face say they don't give a shit like Bethesda's or Bioware's cubicle vidya.

Because they're the best at Jewing the consumer out of their best content, picking and choosing story possibilities that are the cream of the crop and setting them aside for monetized DLC. Their game is great but they know how to deny you their greatest bits and make you want it at cost.

I'm mostly just bullshitting these guys are great, I want to fuck like 90% of the females in their games.

You rpg fucks are fucking disgusting, first of all
>constant need to shill your souls pseudogames
We are on a Witcher shill thread
>same game 5 times
You probably played only one of the games and it probably wasn't the second one, because retarded "hardcore rpg players" actually like dark souls 2, you should try.
> irrelevant argument about the quality of the game
No.

I like Witcher but anything is a quick time event compared to dark souls games

Dude in all seriousness, stalking a dev company like that is the most autistic thing I've ever seen in here, and I lurk this shithole since it exists.

>irrelevant sideques have literally 5 outcones and recorded lines
Fallout 3 does this.
>oh damn I think I already killed your guy
Bethsoft has been doing this since Morrowind.

Hmmmmmm you're not some contrarian that hates beth for no reason, are you?

The Souls games are the most overrated games in the history of the vidya. They are mere barebone dungeon crawlers with good level design and mostly good boss designs that fall flat on their face because of the clunky ass combat system.
I liked DS, haven't finished DS2, kinda liked DS3 but was kinda short.

Dead Money > any Witcher DLC.

Nigger please people feel Betheshit doesn't give a shit because the literally don't. They don't even give enough shit to get/make a new engine that is not from the stone ages. Hell the fallouts are the same fucking game and feel the same I couldn't even force myself to finish 4 because I had the feeling I played this game already and not only once. And you don't really want to go there with Bioware do you little nigger? Do you?
Your strawman can fuck itself and you should jump off a bridge.

BWAHAHAHAAH

>>stalking
>>using a website to see what the staff think of it

>>

Think about it, do you think that is a good source of information? Do you really think that it's safe to think this will be accurate?
I don't really give a fuck I just don't want you to make an idiot out of yourself and ultimately Sup Forums.

>they really don't
Proofs? Their games are filled with content and they provided excellent modding support. It certainly looks like they care.

>make a new engine
They already have.

>fallout are the same fucking game
Not even remotely. Fallout 3/NV/and 4 play drastically different. From thr core gameplay mechanics to their roleplaying approach.

When is the best time to start HoS in the main story?

Witcher doesn't have "dlc", it has expansions. And Blood & Wine is literally a full whole game. Another reason why people not feel they give a shit because they obviously do or else they would throw 30min dlc at our asses instead. something only consoletards care about in the first place.
You are the dlc gobbling console peasants.

They are the same fucking game kid. No matter how you fiddle around with your shit it will stay shit. They feel and look samey because they are.
That's not even controversial that's just common fucking sense. They haven't done anything with the engine because that way they can just copy paste shit.
"Oh boy time for a new game copy paste all the assets and make 4 new meshes and we got ourselves a new game boys!" "Maybe this time we could make the gameplay less aids so that our drones will feel like we give a shit"!
Hell I bet they drive to work with a bike from the 1800's, you know the one with the hugeass frontwheel.

>I bet they drive to work with a bike from the 1800's, you know the one with the hugeass frontwheel

>witcher doesn't have "dlc"
Of course it does. Blood & Wine is Downloadable Content.

The rest of your post is incomprehensible gibberish

Not a fan of what they did with the Witcher 3 at release, basically withholding insignificant content to release later as free DLC to gain publicity and praise for being generous. Obviously not anywhere near as slimy as actually asking money for it, but an obvious attempt at manipulating the consumers nonetheless

>They are the same fucking game kid
No they're aren't. Again, vastly different games by design. Play them for a bit and you'll clearly see.

>they feel and look the same
No, they don't. Different aesthetics, graphical capabilities and different mechanics.

>copy and paste all the assets
Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Just realized this was taken with my old shitty GPU, anyone got a better picture of this NPC?

If they deliver quality games with long lasting value, they deserve the money.

Yeah man, having to make the game playable on shit consoles isn't the reason why they had to downgrade or anything. Consoles are literally ruining games.

lmao i took a screenshot of that exact woman but her fucking eyes are closed, neither am i certain if my settings are better or not

found 2 more

i am not the best at taking screenshots

No, that's how you bug quests in all the Elder scroll games. They don't fix shit

>still the game of the generation 2 years after release

how did we do it, bros?

Blood & Wine is an expansion like we had in the good old times. An Addon, literally a full new game. Have you even played it? DLC stems from tiny shit content that was mostly cut from the whole game to nickel and dime the console peasants later. The witcher addons or the Dying Light addon are not DLC they are great content for a low price. That's why needs to be supported and DLC needs to die preferably at the same time consoles finally die.

I'm fine with consoles because it means I don't have to upgrade my pc as often, but I really wish they kept the better graphics in as an option.

qtest NPC in the game desu, would've given up on Ciri and ran away with to Toussaint/10

I'm looking for the bitches of Crookback bog...

BWAHAHAHAHA ok now I know you are bullshitting, you got me tho I have to admit.

I enjoyed the expansions 100% more then the main game simply cause no ciri boogaloo.

Idyllic countrysides, kooky occurrences happening in the least expected places, no end of the world, cute girls, fun activities.

That part from stone hearts was my favorite in almost any game, and i wasn't even playing as geralt.

Because they actually give a fuck about what they're making.

Most developers are just there to mass produce a product. The people who work on FIFA, for example, I'm sure don't give a fuck about the art or animation or mechanics - all they care about is going home at the end of the week with a pay check. CDPR is a company who employ people who actually give a fuck about what they're producing, and in today's video game industry that's pretty rare.

pirates are scum though and should be combated

>Blood & Wine is an expansion
Maybe, but It's also DLC, because it's downloadable content. You don't get redefine words whenever you feel like it.

Again, thr rest of your post is just gibberish not worth addressing.

>Reaper of Souls isn't an expansion to Diablo III because you can download it :^)

You fuckwit.

What's up with that weird beard?

Why does your Geralt have more facial hair than mine?

Because they made ACTUAL expansions

You got me. I'm just playing doubles advocate (haven't even played a bethsoft game since morrowind). Witchercucks are just too easy since they're incpable of forming a proper argument, but I'm bored already.

Btw you meme image isn't an argument.

man that looks like a fun way to get around

I suck at this

Bloodborn isn't an rpg

new vegas faggots should just kill themselves already desu

3 samefags have been spamming the NV threads for 6 years now and they still haven't given up

beard grows when you stop shaving

NV doesn't count.
Fallout 3 and 4 are pretty much the same shit with gimmicks added to 4.

A retard?
Won't learn much from you...

have they fixed the optimization in w3goty?

None of that has anything to do with the witcher.why do you come into threads to start shit? Like everyone's gonna say

>holy shit guys bloodborn is so much h better I'm uninstalling switcher 3, threads over
Obviously people gathered to discuss this thing they like and you don't like the thing

> (You)
>>Reaper of Souls isn't an expansion to Diablo III because you can download it :^)

I never said that you're twisting my words. Either read my post again or go back to school if you're incapable of grasping what I tried to get across.

>Starts thread by shitting on other video games
>Whine when you get shit on in return

You aren't the smartest person on Sup Forums, you know?

>tfw imagined that in geralt's voice

why are you allowed to post?

>None of that has anything to do with the witcher

This thread is more about game devs and their "shortcomings", not TW3 specifically.

>why do you come into threads to start shit
Why is OP making inflammatory threads and attacking other games?

Daily reminder TheBull from Reddit hates The Witcher series. After his direct shitposting stopped getting him (You)'s and he kept having to reset his router cause of his bans, he's go back to falseflagging.

This includes saying shit like "Witcher 3 is best ever!!!!" and "CDPR ARE GOAT" and various other things. This causes Sup Forums to react negatively and shit on Witcher 3, giving him proof to shitpost on Reddit and so on.

tl;dr Reddit shitposter falseflagging.

>make a genuine good game (fuck off, I've been playing since witcher 1 and the combat was ass but was still hailed as a great crpg then)
>create free dlc and expansions that, for a pure hours/money ratio, are definitely worth it
>take their time with products and put some effort in instead of reskins

They maybe in it just to make money, but they realise putting in the effort pays dividends

You playing what now?
Unlike you I played all of them and all of the witcher's, my underdeveloped little friend.
And I actually sincerely thought you were bullshitting me because nobody can be dumb enough to say shit like they haven't reused assets.
Or this gem
>Different aesthetics, graphical capabilities and different mechanics.
The upped the polygon count so that it somewhat resembles a game from this century yeah, they haven't changed shit else. They fiddled with the mechanics a little but only to the point that it plays slightly less shit, it didn't change anything gameplay wise. I played through Fallout 3 with only shootan and I played (well I didn't finish it because it was so jarringly samey) Fallout 4 with just shootan. Making weapons more accurate is not changing mechanics. The gameplay is the same, it looks the same hell why do I even have to type that out you mongoloid.
Play Blood & Wine, it's the best price/value vidya you can get your hands on, and you would support us instead of overrated hacks like Bethesda.

>game looks marginally less fantastic
>ruined
??????????

No real competition. while every other company releases horse armors, they're actually writing proper oldschool expansions (which should be big enough to be passable as small standalone games).

Poland is always one step back behind first world europe. When you guys had pentiums mmx, i (as a pole i am) had commodore. When you guys were all excited over pixel shader 3, i was slowly considering replacement for my geforce 2. And now, when you first worlders are flooded with modern shit in vidya, poles (and polish devs) still remember - and even live in - heroes 3/diablo/neverwinter era, hence proper expansions and good gamedev practices.

It's all about glorious country of potatoes, nationalism and right-wingedry, about our beautiful stagnated culture.

I would have no problem with payed DLC if it was all like the Witcher 3 expansion

I didn't like it as much as the original game, but this DLC/expansion pack whatever you want to call it was really good. Has a whole new map, lots of content and expands mechanics in good ways.

Extremely low polish wages means they can pay people literally nothing. Pretty much all of the employees on Glassdoor complain about wages and this is wages in Poland which already has some of the lowest wages anywhere.

A fundamental difference in culture means that CDPR weren't taken in by any of the fads that ruined other games. They didn't have any executives telling them to bake minecraft or candy crush into their games because 'that's what's popular now'.

Being a smaller studio gives them more space to get things done and done right. The bureaucratic situation in some of the larger studios is ridiculous. Just read about the climate in Lionhead before fable was cancelled and you'd understand that Lionhead wouldn't have been able to release pong in that kind of environment.

You are the moron that doesn't know terms. Like every stupid fuck you don't know the origin of things or how they came to be. In your definition a gamecode is DLC because you can download it hurr durr.
In short, you don't know the vidya and I'm only humoring your sorry teenage ass.

God knows why some people are allergic to the term DLC like it exclusively applies to shit like horse armour.
Blood and Wine is an expansion pack, but it's also DLC. These aren't exclusive terms lmao what the fuck lads

Spot the consoleturd: The post

youtube.com/watch?v=4seEM8f3SjQ

Ciri spinoff co-developed with Platinum Games when?

They are actually a pretty big studio, 240 in house developers.

I love the paintings, also loli Ciri is olev

Having a hard stance on pirates aslong as you are not jewing out your paying customers is completely acceptable.

Literally who?
Am I the only one left that never visited reddit in here?

That's employees on the shop floor though, the whole company only has one division making it comparatively tiny.

he meant ruining the vidya as a whole. How did you not pick up on this.

Because they aren't owned by some American kike conglomerate. They're also based out of Poland and don't give two fucks about being politically correct, I don't think there was a single black person in Witcher 3.