Announced no games!

Announced no games!

Selling console for exorbitant price:
youtu.be/NOoJ6ucEY8g?t=1h45m36s

Introduced paid online where it was free previously:
youtu.be/NOoJ6ucEY8g?t=1h28m19s

Reaction: thundering applauds and millions of sold pre-orders.

What's wrong with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4
youtube.com/watch?v=DVl9XNs8jqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah they got a game.
youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

Really made me think.

Honestly looks more innovative and fun than BOTW

$300-$400 is not a lot of money.

Plenty of games, you all just hate to hate. No matter who it is.

Of course its paid online, its a console. It was inevitable.

>Sony Ponies will defend this
>by attacking the Switch
>which has more games that people will buy and play more than once in the first month than PS4 had in the first year.

Nintendrones aren't people, and there around ten million of them, nowhere near enough to make this console a success. Maybe next time Nintendo won't nickel and dime their customers next ti- LOL I can't.

To be fair, PS4 had no games at launch and still has very few games worth buying the console for.

THAT FUCKING RUNNING ANIMATION HOLY SHIT. IS ITS LEFT BACK LEG BROKEN OR SOMETHING?! AND WHAT'S WITH THE HORRIBLE CLAY PIXELS?! THIS IS SUCH SHIT.

>-LOL I can't

can we just agree, that Switch, and PS4 (and XBoxOne) are shit.

What if
you're not poor?

I just really hope Nintendo bothers to offer more to subscribers than a once-a-month rental of an NES / SNES virtual console game. But knowing how Nintendo's profited off of selling ROMs on every console since the Wii without a way to tie purchases between consoles I don't have a lot of hope.

I personally don't care about the online, and you've undoubtedly heard the 4th cheapest release price when accounting for inflation stuff. Stay mad.

Is this a Age of Empires 2 mod where you control the animals?

>this game costs $59.99 + tax

Why is youtube.com/watch?v=DVl9XNs8jqw playing in the bg?

>It's ok when Nintendo does it: The Post

How does it feel to suckle on the testicles of an incompetent company who realeases a $300 console with 2 viable games coming out in the next year?

You now live in a world where people do not mind paying $60 for a game. How do you feel?

>What's wrong with people?
I don't know, I can't understand or explain how fucking dumb the gaming consumerbase is.

How does it feel that dev's dont pander to specifically YOU anymore? Stay in the past faggot.

Not that guy, but $300 to $400 really isn't a lot of money. However, its not worth buying until it has more games, and having paid online is unforgivable.

>four years later
>PS4 still has 3rd party support
>Xbone still has 3rd party support
>WiiU has fuck all 3rd party support

Whether the Switch lives or dies won't come down to exclusives, it will come down to whether or not it can keep 3rd party support

How does it feel to be poor and being forced to choose a side for companies that don't give a shit about you?

t. Engineer who makes 110k a year with all 3 consoles and a gaming pc.

I don't get these threads. Majority of the reaction to this console so far has been negative across the entire internet, with plenty of people feeling Nintendo missed the mark and several areas.

Plus, preorders were not doing that well, several days after they were released you were able to still go the store and get the console.

So, despite all of this why does Sup Forums keep making threads claiming it's some huge success? That couldn't be further from the truth. Is it just outrage culture where people just spend time complaining about non-issues or actually lying to themselves so they can mad about things?

I think they've given up on AAA 3rd party support. Obviously they'd like it, but I don't believe for even a second that they're basing their strategy around it.

They're going to position themselves as the next Nintendo handheld. That's it. Sure, they're marketing it as a home console, but that's just so that they don't gut 3DS sales before they're ready to transition over - and so that they can release a true "Switch Portable" console later on.

So basically expect tons of niche games, weeb games, and indie games.

If you buy a Nintendo console for 3rd party support you're a moron.

Yeah, I own a PS4 and play it just as much as my PC and I haven't played an uncharted game since drake 2 was literally more of the same shit. So what does this prove? PS4 fans aren't swayed by mediocre games?

I just don't see a point in owning an xbox one because I can play literally every good "exclusive" for it on my PC.

I always buy microsoft and nintendo consoles late in the cycle for ~$50 and just install cfw or exploit them so I can download the 5 good games they each had and play them for free.

I've done it for the wii, wii U, original xbox and 360. I'm not seeing any compelling evidence that I should change that cycle now.

The link
Click it
You baited motherfucker

I really don't understand why $300 is a high price for a console at release...

fuck yourself OP

>Reaction: thundering applauds and millions of sold pre-orders.
Applause is mandatory when the APPLAUD light is lit, and those pre-orders were ebay scalpers.

Really makes you think about the Wii U2 preorders.

Nintendo will never get the same third party support as the other two consoles and the PC, I don't know why people think this is relevant at this point. It's just not the same market

What Nintendo needs to do is collaborate with third party and independent developers to help fill the massive gaps the Wii U had and create titles that the people who own Nintendo consoles will enjoy.

I guess I'm just used to people making threads about how outraged they are that the Switch is doing well and that people are defending them for a bunch of anti-consumer shit when that really isn't happening. Anyone actually defending Nintendo recently is shitposting.

And thats why people didnt buy the wii u.

You literally described the PS4 launch.

Gamers are idiots. They'll buy anything that has a shiny enough ad. And I'm not exempting the Switch from that either.

Also, does anyone really expect Mario to come out in 2017?

Zelda BotW was supposed to release in 2014.

No, on average most people were ok with everything except paid onine, which they are willing to accept that it was going to happen sooner or later. And don't care about the motion control gimmick games.
If you inch a little further, its people blown away with how much they are charging for the accessories.
But beyond that is just the cliff of cynicism, where you go beyond what most people consider worth listening to.

You are past the cliff when you consider a mere $300 to be too expensive.

>mere $300 to be too expensive.
In a vacuum it doesn't seem like much, but the PS4 and XB1 both offer more powerful machines at a lower price point with also more games.

Nintendo really should have tried for 250 here, and I think they wanted to but they missed it.

Video games have always been that expensive.

Consumerism is great.

The joke is that all the OP links link to Playstation announcements only. Nothing about the Nintendo Switch at all.

Its going to be a hit in Japan, expect the Switch to be the weeb machine of choice

Different circumstances, the Wii U was already dead so they could wait it out and polish it/develop it for the Switch as well. Mario has to release in 2017 or this console dies, I'd put 99% percent chance it releases Holiday 2017.

Nintendo is extremely lucky that the original Splatoon was such a massive success as they can reuse the assets from the first game and churn out an improved sequel, but the inklings can't prop up Nintendo's console for the entire year. They need help from Mario.

I already own both, also slim is for different experiences, with the ps4 and xbone, the experience is pretty similar.

>ITT: A bunch of morons completely agree with the OP while calling him a retard

See, this is why its the cliff of cynicism. If you think $300 is too expensive, and wanted $250, then you are arguing over $50, and that pathetically low amount of money just isn't worth arguing over. Its nice you think that, but most people expected $300. And there is one thing in common with all systems at launch, they always launch at a disadvantage to the systems with actual games already. I still know people that refuse to get a Xbox One when they already have a 360 with way more games to play. Same for the PS3.

>this means anything
Holy shit you guys are absolutely retarded.

another wonderful nintodler's excuse!
>it's just morning fog! xD
>20 fps?!? It was only for a fraction of a second! xD

I get that, but those consoles are a couple years old now. This is a brand-new console, and I just don't think it's a high price. $400 would be high IMO.

No different from the 90's really.

>So what does this prove? PS4 fans aren't swayed by mediocre games?
yes

>$400 would be high IMO.
>tfw you live in Canada.

Joycons cost 100 dollars here, at least according to my friend who is actually buying this thing at launch.

Arcade's Greatest Hits was my JAM

HA

This is Mario we're talking about.

Zelda's an inherently more difficult series to design for, especially the 3D ones where the legacy of Ocarina of Time hasn't worn off and everyone expects the next Zelda to be the best one yet.

Mario games are almost void of anything complex save for level design, and level design can be systematically approached by first deciding what Mario's abilities are and then challenging the player to make use of those abilities. All that's asked out of a Mario game is that it's fun to play.

Selling Mario as a holiday release and delaying Zelda for the Switch launch was the easiest way for Nintendo to grab customers within the first year of the console's lifespan.

>Mortal Kombat 3 and Hang Time are $70
>A game with five arcade games is $40

Why?

What did you all preorder?

I got the black Switch because they were out of neon, Zelda, and Super Bomberman R. I don't know whether to get a pro controller or another set of Joycons for 4 player local Bomberman.

Welp, sorry, that sucks.

I didn't know Hangtime was on Genesis. Damn.

Switch has no games.

Especially if you already own a wii u

DELETE THIS

the first switch that appeared on amazon, which was the regular grey color. only that.

I didn't preorder Zelda since I'll probably get it somewhere in Mexico the dub.

The same reason new releases today are full price and compilations of old games are less.

I preordered because I had the money at the time, and I want Odyssey, and will enjoy playing Zelda.

>300 dollary doos
>""exorbitant""
why don't you get a job that doesnt make less than 60k burger bucks poorfag

i bet you pirate too subhuman

Has Fast Racing RMX got a release date yet?

God this console is going to fail. Completely. I mean, what the fuck Nintendo, your only game is Zelda at launch and you're relying on other companies to make ANYTHING for this fucking machine. And your first year looks terrible. I mean, who's gonna buy a game that is LITERALLY just the previous gen version of Zelda but with stupid gimmicks? Maybe they should have released it on the last console sooner. It has no power to compare to Sony, who, btw, is not a stranger to FUCKING OVER Nintendo... And then them basically going "Oh hey look we have motion controls in a game that looks like it's more suited for an arcade cabinet than a real console". And look at their first year. Basically nothing but shit games until Holiday with Mario. Think they can save the entire console with MARIO? Ugh. Anyway, that's my rant on the launch of the Nintendo Wii. Switch looks dope tho, preordered it and will be playing BOTW day one..

I think the first Splatoon being successful was a pretty big boon for them too. It allows them to release a game in the middle of Zelda and Mario that has good selling power.

It's a game they can easily make a sequel for and since it's a shooter most people won't get upset at sequel so soon.

Maybe I'm just biased because I think Splatoon 2 looks great and when it release is when I'll buy the console.

Eazy Allies said they talked to the devs and the game is done. 30 new tracks, 1080p 60fps, all they are waiting on is Nintendo finalizing online stuff.

>Console with a great game is $99
>Controller with more buttons is only $20
Better times desu

most powerful handheld ever

only new generation handheld device being released (vita 2 seems very unlikely)

honestly I don't think it matters how shit everything else about it is, those 2 things are enough to net a good performance sales-wise

Bruh this was after N64, PS1 and Saturn were all out. You can go buy cheap 360's and PS3's right now.

>What Nintendo needs to do is collaborate with third party and independent developers to help fill the massive gaps the Wii U had and create titles that the people who own Nintendo consoles will enjoy.

It literally comes down to making a competing platform which Ninty hasn't been able to do since snes salad days.

If Switch is a 3DS style success in Japan Sony will probably jump back in to the portable game.

Preordered the neon red and blue joycon Switch and LoZ BotW Special Edition both from GameStop.

I dunno guys, I'm hyped. I'm studying abroad in Japan for another 4 months soon and the Switch seems perfect for me. I didn't have a TV to use last semester so this means I can play console quality Nintendo games without needing a TV. I see no problem desu.

The problem with Splatoon, though, is that only the handful of people who bought a WiiU, and the handful of people who bought Splatoon on the handful of WiiUs sold know much about it.

I'm in the same boat. I don't have a TV at school. I'll also have another reason to use this huge battery pack I got for Pokemon Go.

>he pays for graphics

Splatoon actually did a decent job of selling Wii U's. Nintendo's plan is probably to sell it to 3DS owners first, since that's about the only person any of the launch games really appeal to and then Splatoon is the first game to get those people who bought a Wii U back in, probably the same people who bought the Wii U for the first game.

Also no region locking means while I'm in Japan I can buy a physical copy of Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms for the Switch at some point. Huzzah for basic Japanese skills!

Splatoon 2 is also a great summer release, since all the kids will be home from school and Nintendo is still offering their free online gaming period before charging for it in the fall. Offering Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at the end of April should also bring more players into Nintendo Switch's online scene.

4.5 million people isn't exactly a small number, but I get your point. At least all of the specials from the first game are being replaced with new ones, so veterans can't expect their favorite loadouts to return.

How can ANYONE think that $300 is too expensive?

Having no bundled game is a legitimate criticism, but expecting it to be $250 in 2017 is fucking ridiculous. You want a portable Xbone thats home console, tablet, game boy and still is strong enough to run watered down AAA multiplatform games, but you want it to cost less than the Wii, which was just a cheap plastic case and exceptionally underpowered cards?

The google pixel C uses a worse GPU than the Switch and it retails for $499.99

do you really believe this

This. Shiggy never delivers on time, and they HAD to list another major upcoming game for 2017. They'll probably release a couple of modified Wii U $60 ports to keep everyone happy this holiday quarter.

300 is pretty reasonable. The extra controllers and whatnot are a little ridiculous, but it's not like I have friends to play with anyway ha ha ha.

wouldn't surprise me

ha ha ha

HA HA HA
A

H
A

H
A

because you're biased against nintendo

Is not just the 300. The accessories are expensive as fuck(microsoft and sony do that same, so fuck this era). Paid online is busllhit too, who care if is consoles, it is wrong and it is Microsoft's fault with dumbasses paying for a service that should be for free because you already paid for online stuff when you buy the freaking games, yet the games don't drop their prices despite of having online modes you can't use.
This year will have few exclusive games, so what's the point? For Zelda? People will pirate that on pc or have it on the wiiu, there is no need to Switch right now.

Nintendo is always linked to kids. Parents will not buy a portable console for 300, they will not waste money like that and you can be sure of that.
In 1-2 years? Sure, when exclusive pokemon happens

What the fuck?
Is this 1998?

PS4 sold over 80 Million consoles, with three times as many copies of games.

>Nintendo is always linked to kids. Parents will not buy a portable console for 300, they will not waste money like that and you can be sure of that.

so instead of buying your kids a $399 ps4 and $249 3ds, you just buy them a single $300 nintendo switch?
seems like wasting less money

PS4 costs $270 right now with a 500gb HDD and Uncharted 4 included.

>I just really hope Nintendo bothers to offer more to subscribers than a once-a-month rental of an NES / SNES virtual console game.

They do offer more. They allow you to use your phone to talk to your friends.

Adults use the PS4 and the Xbone as home device thing not just gaming, is not the same shit. And a PS4 is around 250 or less, Pro is the one that is expensive.

Being in stores I know that parents will never buy a Switch this soon, especially if their kids already have a 3ds and wiiu because there is no point. Nintendo will have to step their game until x-mas season

They'll release Mario this Holiday, it will be catastrophic for them if they don't.

Shiggy's "delayed game" quote is nice, however if Nintendo can release Mario Odyssey during the Holiday of this year they absolutely will, there's no way they delay it for fine tuning, it's only not coming out if it isn't playable.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS HILARIOUS. THEY'RE USING COPYRIGHTED MUSIC? AND SONY IS SHILLING THIS TRASH?

Gonna go ahead and send the peeps behind the song an email so they can get on this shit

>look kids I bought you the shitty out of date version of the console
>I get to look like grandma buying you xbox points XDDD
vs
>hey kids I bought you that brand new console you were so hyped up for