Why are Switch covers so ugly?

Why are Switch covers so ugly?

The case isn't red, they're too tall, and the Switch logo is just a small square up in the left corner. Really boring design, especially compared to the sexy Wii U covers.

i had the same opinion
im not the only one

I guess it makes more room for the box art

The cases should have been the size of the DS cases, hell maybe even smaller.

What the hell is in there to make it that tall?

Why has Sup Forums turned on Nintendo? It doesn't make any sense. It is because the Switch has sold out everywhere and Nintendo is no longer the underdog?

>paid online
>not supplying a charging dock with the console
>can't play the games you get from paid online for more than a month
>only like two worthwhile games at release

Among other things made me disappointed in Nintendo, again.

Yeah I don't like the PSP boxes either.

The artwork for all the games is beautiful though

Personally I love the cases.

Yeah, that. Also paid online

I would guess to distinguish them from 3DS games because of stupid parents.

They remind me of a combination of a PSP case and a movie poster, therefore I love the fuck out of them

The console charges the joycons and the charge on them lasts 20 hours, what's the issue?

>Not the best cover ever.

The western covers would do better without the sword.

It'd be actually great if they just removed Switch logo.

It has that NES/SNES/N64 aesthetic, I'm digging it

They look like PSP disc cases, but when you open to see whats inside, it'll be just some small cartridge

>It has that [three different things of which none are similar to it] aesthetic

>Generic covers of the protagonist with his back turned and holding a weapon are okay when Nintendo does it

It is literally the painting that shows up if you type romanticism into Wikipedia

Wii U sold out to user.

Pre-release sales are no indication of how successful it will be. If it was failing to sell out its preorders THAT would be remarkable (in a bad way).

But do they include physical manuals?

why you donĀ“t have commited suicide yet for a greater good yet?

I think thay look really nice. I like that they don't use the standard dvd shape.

>Why has Sup Forums turned on Nintendo?

Because Nintendo have turned on their fanbase.

>THANKS FOR SUPPORTING US EVEN THOUGH THE WII U WAS TE BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY, NOW PREPARE YOUR ASSHOLES FOR A DRY FUCKING

fixed

Nothing they will just bash and shitpost

>Worked at a gamestore not too long ago
>People still out there that don't know the difference between the DS and 3DS
How did the 3DS recover? It was pokemon right?

Meanwhile, in Europe

People have been complaining about Nintendo since at least the 90s and all the console wars. Don't forget all the marketing has brainwashed all the sonyniggers. Otherwise what autistic retard would shitpost all day? Sonyniggers do.

You guys do realize this thread wasn't about the BotW cover itself right? It was about the shape and design of the general Switch case.

both covers are good but I like the color in the EU a lot

then why did the faggot OP say cover and not case?

>WiiU covers
>sexy
>with that disgusting shade of blue

I think they look good. Especially the minimalist logo. I hate the way the PS4 logo swoops down from the to obstructing box art. Switch box art looks clean.

Honestly PC boxes look the best when they actually exist, absolutely nothing covering the art.

>then why did the faggot OP say cover and not case?
Do bait the retards who don't read properly.

I know. The square looks like some kid just pasted a jpeg of the logo onto a picture of the cover art and left it there.
I'd at least make the red go across the top, put the logo in the middle, and have the word 'Nintendo' and the left and 'Switch' on the right

feels good

So they fit into DVD shelves?

While I agree that not having colored cases suck, I really, REALLY like the aspect ratio, and so far all the covers I've seen use it to good effect.