Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=u2XvGz1hMFU&index=18&list=PL7FCEA9D3BEF3B903
youtube.com/watch?v=gjy3-Nav4eU
gog.com/wishlist/games#search=harry potter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FLIPENDO!

ALOHOMORA

Not really. Also, each port for each console was a different fucking game. That is absurd aside from old gameboy ports.

Xbox port is best port.

It's a solid 8/10

I'm such a fucking loser I bought it for $35 on Amazon.

The 2 gameboy color games were fucking legit

NINTENDO

Does someone have the chart which shows the individuel versions?

The GBC Harry Potter RPGs are great.

They totally are.

>best version of 2 and 3 can't be emulated nor pirated
EA managed to make something worse than Denuvo

Isn't the Xbox version literally the same as the PS2 and Gamecube ones?

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E

>this was a thing

Found it

PC version is the best you cucks

Huh?

PS2 versions, there's absolutely no way to play them unless you get the game legitly on a PS2

I thought PS2 emu plays everything these days

Objectively no, but I replay it every year and still have a lot of fun

Right which is the best version of 1, 2 and 3 and why? Also are any after that worth it?

What? I played both of these, pirated, like ten years ago

That ost : youtube.com/watch?v=u2XvGz1hMFU&index=18&list=PL7FCEA9D3BEF3B903

brings back memories

Chart has PS2 and Gamecube as the same version and Gamecube emulates fine

I fucking wish
I've tried a few months ago, couldn't get them to work
GC version has several differences

Potter games stopped being adventure and exploration games after 3. Unless you like the Lego games there isn't anything actually fun after Azkaban

youtube.com/watch?v=gjy3-Nav4eU

>psx game
>age well
Take a wild guess.

I heard 5 had an open world castle, and that 6 was improved version of 5 so I thought they might be worth it.

So which is the best versions of 1, 2 and 3 and is it worth playing multiple versions of some?

PSX games that didn't try to do in-proportion humans actually age pretty well.

I played 5 on PS3 ages ago, it was ok

5 and 6 are linear and follow the movie script. They are okay but can't compare to 1-3

Not as bad as the literal hallway Call of Duty ripoff that is 7 but still not open like the first games.

Okay so do I just go for the PC versions of the first 3 or is there some reason why one of the console versions might be better?

PC version of 1 is the best.
Atleast i enjoyed it more than i did the PS1 version. But even that one was pretty fun.

PC version of 2 is even better than 1.
Some people say the PS2 version of 2 is better but i never got to try it.

Same with 3 but 3 was only nearly as good as 2 on PC

Gamecube Chamber of Secrets doesn't allow free roaming outside Hogwarts

My entire childhood was Zelda and HP games
In my professional opinion, 1, 2 & 3 are the best on both PC and Xbox/Gamecube.

You essentially get 6 games out of them because they made separate games for 5th gen, 6th gen and PC.

Cosiest = Philosophers Stone on PC
Most complete HP experience = Prisoner on Xbox or Gamecube

I wouldn't play the PS2 versions DESU, they have marginally worse graphics than Xbox and GCN and choppy framerate.

Muh dick

I assume the Xbox version is better than the GC or is there no different at all?

I can torrent the PC releases easy but finding console versions will be harder.

Oh wow that's a pretty big difference. So wait GC had no free roam but PS2 version did? What about the Xbox version?

Alright thanks. Sounds like PC has the best versions of 1 and 2, but console version of 3 might be best.

What? Unless my memory is faulty, there are fuckton of sidequests in 5 & 6. I even enjoy roaming Hogwarts.

>You will never score enough points to enter the bonus bean room
Why live

Played only PS1 version for the first one so I don't know, 2 and 3 have their best releases on PS2 but

>Gamecube and XBOX version of 2 are just like the PS2 version except no Freeroam

What the heck

>Play the three Harry Potter games on PS2
>Love them so fucking much
>The fourth one comes out
>It's a fucking janky isometric game with static cutscenes

I'd never felt so betrayed by a video game before that

Oh God, this takes me back to getting the game for Christmas many years ago and just going ham.

Back in days the game felt a lot bigger than it does now

Harry was small and the corridors were huge.

Why did HP6 get a PS1 game?

Didn't that spell only exist in the games but got made canon in the books later?

It didn't.
It's a PSP game

Chamber of Secrets is a masterpiece on both PC and PS2 but only PS2 has freeroam Hogwartz which is a thing everyone always wanted

I'm p sure the US pc versions of 1-3 were all free roam, and 2 had the biggest map and the most secrets

I recall PS2 Chambers being more open or atleast being very open fairly early.

The PC games were free roam but they opened up slower over time

1, 2, 3 were all freeroam on original xbox.

I fucking love how these games look like Deus Ex mods

I play it every year in December

you can easily 100% it in one session

>Masterpiece

Jesus Christ no. Some of you guys need to go back and play these games

Well they are on the same engine so it's no surprise really.

>tfw we'll never check steam one day and it'll have these games all dumped on at once with no announcements

>Your appointment with the Auror should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Minister.

>tfw playing/reading HP during fall/winter as a kid

gog.com/wishlist/games#search=harry potter

You can wish post them on GOG if you want.

With a bit luck they will get released there and later on Steam with some delay like the recent Star Wars stuff

>dat part where you have to get the key without waking up that ogre
>you fucked up
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The Harry Potter games are EA, so if it's gonna be online, they are gonna be on Origin shit.

>Has he been cursed?

>That chess final in the PS1 version

EA is a GOG partner and they still release their games there.

Recently they added Deadspace, Dragon Age and Sim City 3000

YOU DUN IT NAO ARRY PORRER

Of course. When we mentioned we could put him on the priority list he was so willing it was almost pathetic

Really? That might be a chance then.

It will never cease to be amazing.

The PSX versions of the first 2 are great, nothing beats the atmosphere there. I head the 6th gen versions of 1,2 and 3 where great as well, along with the GBC/Advance games

The Xbox version look SLIGHTLY better than GCN, but if you're gonna dolphin it makes no difference.
You need to be aware that Harry Potter 1-3 on PC have comparability issues with W7 and up, I've only ever gotten 3 to work on one of my 7 machines so I have a dedicated XP machine for that kind of shit.

Reminder that Voldemort had a daughter
Reminder that Cedric is an evil twat
Reminder that the trolley witch is a monster with knife fingers

Huh?

That part scared the shit out of me as a kid. I would play the game up to that point, then delete my save and start over
>mfw therail cart section in the bank

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

IT'S CANON

>Azkaban PS version starts with Harry getting chased by dementors
>none of that is in the PC version at all

>Anything but the books
>canon

Kek.

What Jews do you need to get into contact with to make this kind of monstrosity. It's fucking insane how big it got, now progressives are constantly using it as a pathetic attempt at comparisons of real life and fiction in order to push their agenda in a simplified form while the author shills cultural marxist ideologies? Highly suspect.

>J.K. Rowling-approved sequel
>not canon
>Fantastic Beasts
>not canon

The wailing toilet girl scared me. Oh and the following of brood of spiders. Fucking nerve-wrecking.

nope. Is not even latin

They aren't.

Who gives a shit about nu-potter. Do you also care about Disney's licensed Star Wars fan fiction?

I know this isn't /r/ but would any user be kind enough to provide me with a magnet/torrent of all harry potter games for pc?

>Didn't that spell only exist in the games but got made canon in the books later?
I don't think so. The canon equivalent is Expelliarmus.

I always found it highly suspect that a random fucking woman author suddenly had a worldwide hit. She has to have had the worlds best connections to get all that publicity and make her book a meme for parents to buy their kids. Regardless, as a kid I greatly enjoyed the books, and thankfully they were a 90's and 00's era thing so they weren't over the top with SJW apart from the mudblood thing but who cares it's in universe and fits.

But anything new that she and the fanbase do is pure fucking cancer. I don't like JK at all.

When i read it in the new book i almost got an aneurism fuck those bald fuckers and their fanfiction play

>JK Rowling launches the Pottermore website
>has a few flashgames and minigames for people to play
>people assume that the hat and quizzes are rigged because every house has around the same number of members participating

>new site gets made without any games and competition whatsoever
>people still think its rigged because they can't believe they ended up In Hufflepuff

At the end they got their confirmation that nothing gets rigged but still: Nobody is ever happy.

>still no fucking hardcore Harry Potter MMO

How hard is it to get on top of this shit just make an amazing fucking gigantic map full of magic and wonder then fill it with stupid fat drunk assholes and dipshit kids.

>You're gonna Expeliarmus alright

If they never happened and were released today, they wouldn't do even half as well.
What they did, high school magician that wasn't dark depressing shit, pathed way for everything else.
I doubt she was the only one, and shes definitely not the first, but I bet she sold out the hardest.

I dunno, I think Twilight and 30 Shades of Grey was the same thing as Harry Potter. Just just fucking out of nowhere authors and instant fame and movie deals as soon as the books out. Very likely same audience too as the HP novels too but this time they were older. Keep the fantasy element (vampires) but add romance, then do away with it all together in the next and focus on romance and sex since women make up the most of Potter fans apparently.

MMOs are usually very expensive projects that only get made when the investors are sure they'll get their money back in some form.

I mean: SWTOR was shit and still had a budget of like 500 million dollars.

Make it in Gmod then, slap that shit together with the video game equivalent of fucking trash ducktape : source

Source can't render big maps.

Why is it that MMO's as a genre are so fucking expensive? What makes them cost this much?

>What makes them cost this much?

You need a huge dev team who maintain and create content for years. Not only do they develop a massive game - They also keep developing it after release.

Besides that you need to put lots of money into marketing and that constantly because the game needs to pull in and maintain player numbers in order to stay attractive.

Besides that you also need community managers and huge support lineups in order to deal with the constant questions and support.

The Quiddich World Cup game for PS2 is fucking amazing.

You're right, and you're not actually disagreeing with me.
They fill slightly different niches so there's a "different" market for each of them, but they aren't anything new and are ready to sell any rights and dignity for marketing.

Sounds like it's not worth it, dunno why so many companies try this shit.

Because if it works you simply get massive profits in return.

SWTOR wasn't free at first.
You needed to pay 60 bucks for it besides the monthly fees.

Even with the game not pulling WoW numbers - It still made its money back at the end - Even if slower than EA anticipated.