Vampire the Masquerade

Okay Sup Forums, your incessant threads over the years have convinced me to give this game a try. I just have one question: should I pirate it or buy it on steam?

Also, VtMB thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8fhpXrrLBsI
youtube.com/watch?v=UL1nDAJmMYo
mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ
debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd say buy it on Humble Store. Also patch it correctly, there are guides floating around

Pirate. Activision gets all the money

I figured that was the case.

Buy it on gog, the steam version has a high chance of not working.

Titties

>Pirate game, fuck Activision
>upgrade with wesp's newest patch 9.8 (?)
>[I recommend] don't pick Malkavian or Nosferatu for your first run
I went Malk my first time, but the plot will be a tad bit confusing.
>don't go above 2 points in Seduction if you play a male character, even then, only to bang Jeanette
>explore every alley, building and talk to everyone
>don't open it

Quick crash course for you.

Pirate the GOG version

>don't go above 2 points in Seduction if you play a male character, even then, only to bang Jeanette

Why?

gog version comes with the patch [not the plus version], steam does not

The only checks in the game are the Blood Dolls at the clubs, the prostitutes, VV and the gay food reviewer in Hollywood. Not worth it imo.

I've found it a good rule of thumb for most RPGs though.

it's a waste of points. Basically every seducable female in the game can be gotten with two or fewer points and it has far fewer conversational options compared with the other persuasive abilities if you're male.
Females get to use it much, much more.

Because its fucking useless unless you waste xp to get it really high, bar sluts aren't worth investing seduction in just to get some free blood when there are many other easier ways and there aren't many seduction dialog choices.

Persuasion is the most useful social skill to invest in

>one question: should I pirate it or buy it on steam?
if the revenue goes to either the original developers or towards a sequel / remake, then buy it

however, if the publishers are simply sitting on the title for easy money -- pirate

>research is your friend

as for the game itself, it's good (atmospherically speaking), but clunky, it doesn't age well (polygons) and is revered faute demieux than on stand-alone merit

Installing patch now. Do I want the plus patch or just normal?

bump for an answer. I also just installed it. Also any graphics patches or just dive in vanilla after patch?

I haven't tried Plus, but supposedly it's good and restores a shit ton of content that was originally cut from release. A lot of boards say it's good for first time.

Dive in, there's none to my knowledge.

Thanks, anons

I'm just confused about the options. Do I click them to add the new audio, particles, etc, or do I click them to remove that stuff? If it removes it, why does it take up more disk space?

Do normal first then plus and see for yourself which you like better.

what you have there adds shit, if you chose the 1 of the 4 options there you would be removing it

Basic for your first time. Plus makes replaying it fun as it restores and changes a lot.

Wesps patch should have a reshader somewhere in the game dir after installing it. Install that. Game looks gorgeous then.

What does the UP do?

the what now

Unofficial patch.

I mean, I know it fixes the game to make it playable, but I heard it puts some content back into the game.

the picture above us shows what it does, by default it will fix the issues and the restored content is optional

I like Clan Quest Mod

>Vampire: the Masquerade are all obese goth SJWs
>Werewolf: the Apocalypse fags are all furry sexual deviant ecofreaks
>Mage: the Ascension fags are all neopagan anti-technology commies
>Changeling: the Dreaming fags are all otherkin tumblr freaks
>Wraith: the Oblivion fags are all angsty and suicidal depressed

Why are WoDfags like this?

Wtf

>VtM
>SJWs

What?

I think you're mixing up White Wolf with Onyx Path.

The plus version restore a quest, opens new options for quests, give's gangrel a new discipline and a new ending area for anarchs. Also a Sabbat path, which is a re-skin of the Kuei-jin except you live.

whats UP?

How to win at bloodlines 101

-Choose 2 out of 3 disciplines and level those regularly
-Use melee for the first half of the game (until you get to Hollywood) and then start leveling up guns as the gun skill is only useful later once you can actually buy good guns.
-Persuasion beets seduction and intimidation combined.
-Stealth approach usually grants more XP

Not much.

But I want to open it

youtu.be/8fhpXrrLBsI

Unless you're playing a female vampire, then Seduction gets awesome.

Pirate Pirate it Pirate it then Pirateitthenif you like it buy it on gog (/SPOILarrr)

>Pirate game

fucking poor fags

>supporting activision
I get it, you are a gigantic faggot. But please try to contain it user.

>I love uselessy throwing money at a publisher who will never make a sequel

Why would anyone in their sane mind support Activision when they're one of the chief factors as to why Troika had to shut down?

by not being faggot child and buying it when it first came out

Except we're talking about it in the present tense, not past, you stupid fucking cunt.

yeah sure you did pal

Daily reminder Ventrue are a best. They are high-minded individuals with class and distinction, dining on only the most quality blood. Other vampires are basically white trash rednecks gnawing on a KFC drumstick.

Hold on lemme hop in my goddamn hot tub time machine you stupid cunt

Never reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.

>implying

I'm not even a fan of the Lasombra or Tzimisce, but they're pretty much more noble, regardless of their lack of humanity or rejection thereof, than the fucking Ventrue who kept selling out other Kindred, for their personal gain. See the Salubri and Cappadocians.

DON'T

ISOLATED

youtube.com/watch?v=UL1nDAJmMYo

What does more damage Brawl or Melee?

Melee, with gangrel it's the inverse due to protean.

Damn

What clan and play style should I do? I kind of dig the Ventrue. What's a good play style for them?

Deb, this is huge! Forget the Illuminati, forget the Freemasons, the Jews, this is huge Deb! I found a link to a huge library of occult lore, Deb! They're real Deb! Vampires are fucking real!
mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ

What is that link

>we don't really care one way or the other how you run your game, but maybe we should all try not to be racist or mean to each other

HURRR DUURRRRR SJWS

Open it

I have a rule against downloading or opening anything from Sup Forums

OPEN IT

Not that guy, but do you honestly think you can get a virus by opening up a Mega download link?

How fucking underage or stupid do you have to be for something like that?

It's WoD RPG books, you pussy.

and Frankenstein what's you rebuttal ?

Is it safe to download them?

>tfw no qt3.14 nun gf

Frankenstein existed in oWoD. so my answer would be... yes?

No, a team of Nosferatu will immediately knock on your door the second it reaches 100% and will fuck your shit up. OF COURSE IT'S SAFE

You can see the filetype yourself just by looking. They're just PDFs.

Jesus fucking Christ, you really are underage.

I'm scared someone might have hid something illegal or fucked up in the files. That's a big download and I can't check every single page of every single work

debofnight.andcuriouser.com/

>tfw no necromancer gf

What was the deal with them? I forget how they exactly survived the Giovanni purge.

>walk into Luckee Star
>see this
What the fuck is even going on

What patch are you on? Don't think that is supposed to happen

>someone recommended me that SweetFX thing for Bloodlines a while back
>try it
>everything is fucking pitch black

Wow, truly "atmospheric".

Seriously, you can't see shit down in the Warrens.

It's an easter egg in the unofficial patch, it happens when you open a bunch of doors in the luckee star really quickly.

9.6 plus

I see, it's kinda silly but seeing his leg through the gate just flailing around and slowly looking up really made me jump in my seat, nice to get this kinda things from a game I've replayed so many times already

>not using an anarch as a reaction image
>posting the prince instead
pleb

Hi there

Use Auspex.

Oh wait, don't tell me you're a shit tier clan that can't use Auspex.

ok

It's a roleplaying game though.

I shouldn't have to use Auspex just because I'm standing 2m away from a light source.

What kind of vampire can't see in the dark?

What the hell is this?

Samedi at the Antitribu mod.

>tfw my settings won't save

Every time I launch the game my keybinds are reset, and that buggy environmental audio thing turns itself back on. Why is this?

>start a VtM Larp back in 2014
>Starts off well PvP throat cutting game
>over the years the SJ Theatre kids
>annual voting for STs
>One guy gets the most votes from the SJs to a brilliant unbiased pair
>give his friends leeway and happy to kill others
>change the game to PvE and ban someone from playing to cut throat

Bad times.

>use unofficial patch
>let it add additional music to the game
>it's too loud
>it's not atmospheric
>it doesn't suit the scene

Do not fall for this meme like I did.

it was left out for a reason champ

Is the mod good?

I assumed the makers of the patch would understand that and would only restore suitable tracks. I was naive.

no

The new clans are pretty good, some of the disciplines were pretty well implemented(sometimes better than what Troika did). Outside of the clans? No, oh god no.