For Honor

It seems like Ubisoft has done quite well recently. Siege is the best FPS on the market right now. Watch Dogs 2 and Steep are both breathtaking open world games with enjoyable game mechanics. What are your opinions on For Honor? Are you excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpRCOrgmT8I
youtube.com/watch?v=bk_cS6NhIbc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-sword
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

drink it in, pal

>online-only
>p2p
>ubishit

you excited, user? anyone HYPE? hehe HYPE can I get some HYPE in here? hehe remember to pre-order!

Yes. Not because of Ubisoft though (fuck them) but beceause im a sucker for melee and medieval styled games.

literally nobody gives a fuck about watchdogs or steep. siege and for honour at least hit a niche. it will be year before the ubisoft label will be redeemed. every new game of theirs should have a sign stating proceed with caution.

>watch dogs 2 and steep
>breathtaking open world
>enjoyable game mechanics

Jesus fuck get fired shill,so bad at your job

I like this
Even when baiting, OP specifically has to mention "enjoyable game mechanics", as if that wasn't a given with good games

>see For Honor thread
>get excited to talk about For Honor
>Watchdogs 2 mentioned as being good

Dropped.

>inb4 Mordhau, Rock Paper Scissors, women in armor, ubishills, P2P

So what are user's predictions for the other 4 DLC warriors?

We got a Roman and a ninja; who else?

For honor seems like a cool game but it's made by ubishit so expect a shitton of problems and don't forget it is super overpriced.

peacekeeper bros wya

>tfw been in 4 closed alphas.
>Haven't gotten invited to the last latest and probably last alpha/beta.

That does look pretty cool, not holding my breath though. Ubishite gonna Ubishite.

It is pretty cool, solid controls and fluid combat.
But Peer-2-Peer system so over time this game will just be shitty. It does have a decent MM system in terms that It will do it's best to find people in region before searching outside of it. but once matched outside, ping is atrocious.

>Shoulder charge
>Shoulder charge
>Shouldee charge

I havent even played the game yet and I already spotted a cancerous cheesing class

>Watch Dogs 2 and Steep are both breathtaking open world games
fuck off, flop-cocked paid shill

Well once you're slightly educated in their ways, yo u can dodge to your sides to avoid i all together leaving the shoulder basher open for attacks.

this was fixed in the last test. shoulder charge spam was removed

I like the idea and my non gamer friend who loves vikings mentioned he wanted to play it. Was pretty excited until I saw they took the splitscreen out at the last minute.

Did they sent the betas invites already? I got a mail last week but I don't get if it's just advertising or if I'm in.

That does look pretty cool.
Too bad it's ubisoft and the game will have some mayor flaws.

It's just advertising, invites are sent really close to the actual play date which has been the case in the previous tests.

I shall choose the way of Bushido for the memes and glorious Nippon steel.

I bit the bullet and I'm not ashamed. Went into the alpha with zero expectations and loved what I played.

I'm torn between being a weeb and a nordloverdottir, help.

>tfw I am much better with orochi but warden is just more fun to play

Gonna have to betray my NIPPONTAMASHII

How does warden play? I didn't get into any of the betas.

same, it didnt help that the deluxe edition costs the same as regular

warden has the least amount of Chains & special attacks from all Heroes, but he is fun to play because the options he has are all pretty solid

youtube.com/watch?v=FpRCOrgmT8I
youtube.com/watch?v=bk_cS6NhIbc

He's the most balanced class, no gimicks, no fancy shit
warden is perfect

Is the parry directional like m&b?

It honestly looks pretty good. I'm a huge fan of knights and I like the design.

yes but it also has to be timed correctly, otherwise you only block it and cant follow up with an attack fast enough to hit them back

Warden is the Mr. Balance of For Honor. Master him and you'll be able to play anything. Of course this means faggots cry he's underpowered when he's the only class that isn't at any real disadvantage in any fight as long as you're not shit.

>buying it through steam

whats the fucking point when opening that through steam will then open uplay which then runs the game. may as well just buy it on uplay.

Unlike Uplay, Steam has a refund option. So if Ubisoft has fucked the game by launch, you can at least get your money back.

Cool, looks pretty fun. God I hope it doesn't turn out to be shit.

>oh no a game that focuses on multiplayer needs to be online
On what internet connection did you manage to post this much bait?

Easily counterable. Dodge back you retard.

And yeah go play the game before saying random shit.

Reminder that this is a fully 3D fighting game, it is not a medieval sim. Comparing it to Chivalry etc. is dumb since beyond looks there are no similarities.

Also, if you buy it through steam and trying to open it with only Uplay, uplay will launch steam too.

What class you gonna play? Knights are best

Lawbringer if he's fixed i.e. not shit after the response from the last alpha. Conqueror otherwise.

>Halberd
Is that even a question ?

my nigga

These, probably in this order unless I like one more or less
>Warden
>Conqueror
>Peacekeeper
>Valkyrie
>Nobushi
>Orochi
>the rest

>Lawbringer has all these great disables that lock down spamming niggers
>Doesn't matter because his attacks beyond a jabbing R1 are too slow to follow up his lockdown

I honestly can't tell if the OP is bait or if it's a marketer.

That being said, is Lawbringer actually garbage or is it just Orochi/Valkyrie metaslaves false-flagging?

>defending always online singleplayer

you are literally buying a game with an expiration date

See
The main issue is Lawbringer is a grappler/disabler style of character, but all of his moves are simply too slow to follow up on a punish. All you're doing is constantly resetting the field with no actual advantages.

I just want to swing a big fucking halberd around, fuck. I'm not playing the stupid nigger Raider, I want to be a badass knight.

Lawbringer is the main character looking at being buffed by the developers.

haven't played the game yet, how good is the conqueror?

Post more webms this looks great.

And you know this how?

there's no halberd there, just a pollaxe

caring about the fucking single player at all. it probably will be just a glorified tutorial.
This game was made as a multiplayer title, the single player was added after the shitstorm R6Siege got for not having a single player campaign.

Is Peacekeeper a woman?

Not sperging out or anything over it, but they put a woman in the least likely faction to have a woman? Probably should've been put in the vikings.

Yadda yadda yadda, there aren't any good game companies, just good games.

Siege is good, that doesn't make Ubi a god.

Watch_Dogs is a laughing stock, that doesn't make Ubi bad.

With that being said, For Honor looks great and I'm excited to play in the beta, assuming I get an invite when it hits console.

every faction has 1 class that is locked female and 1 class that is locked Male.
The other 2 classes in the faction can be customized to be male of female.

Weeb here
Showing the power of nipponic steel gives me a boner

I will even use a weeb name ingame

Oh shit didn't notice the others.

Thank you user you are my greatest ally

>best FPS on the market
That's not Titanfall 2, user

>grabbing your weapon by the blade to hit someone with the handle
How fucking stupid

He was the most bitched about class in the alpha for sucking and the developers have said he's the kind of class where they can't seem to make him not great or useless.

Is this b8?

yes.

>what is half swording?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-sword

educate yourself

>he thinks a sword is razor sharp and can't be gripped with no harm to the user
>he doesn't think the guard is an effective bashing tool
>he doesn't know about mordhau

Tried the closed test for For Honor

Wasn't impressed. Got bored real quick.

good that you can't cancel that rush move anymore

this really seemed like a battle of wits

redpill me, is it really like this? or can you kill your enemy by being a retard?

oh no, you mentioned that fucking game. that one shill will now appear!

Correction:
>got destroyed every game and I gave up real quick

>want to have For Honor thread
>only way to not get drowned out is resetting your IP and samefagging like mad
>or posting retarded as fuck b8 to get your thread bumped by idiots
I hate Sup Forums so much

>he thinks a sword is razor sharp and can't be gripped with no harm to the user
I guess they really are inferior to Japanese steel.

only if your opponent is also retarded

Kind of the truth. I did kill some people when i actually got the hang of controls, but after that most rounds played out the same. The maps weren't exactly plentiful.

Also Wildlands doesn't look that great either.

Watch Dogs 2 looks.. Eh... I'll pirate it when CPY cracks it.

haalf swording or whatever the name is against a dude with no armor is just retarded tho

>yo u can dodge to your sides to avoid i all together
unless you cancel into guard break which cannot be dodged and cannot be countered if you guard break someone who is dodging

gg

>Siege
>Watch Dogs 2

Based on those, my expectations of For Honor are that after months of patches to correct what should have not been fucked on release in the first place, the sequel might be a decent game. Assuming they don't Division it.

Native american, shaka zulu-type african warrior, indian shitflinger, russian cossack, jackie chan

Fight and enemy of equal skill level and it's a battle of wits. It's combat is pretty solid and duels are great! If someone plays like a retard you can easily deal with if you're not a retard yourself.

>against a dude with no armor is just retarded
not exactly, Gripping the riccaso gives you much more control of your weapon, effectively shortening the blade the lengthening your grip, and allows you to apply a more forceful and controlled thrust. It would also allow you to have more leverage with your weapon in a grappling situation, something which helps in both armored and unarmored combat.

>non japanese swords can't even cut through metal

Lol

"PEOPLE ARE BITCHING THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO SPEND $60+ ON A GAME THATS MULTIPLAYER ONLY, SHOULD WE LOWER THE PRICE?"

"FUCK NO, JUST SHOEHORN IN A SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN NOBODY WILL ACTUALLY PLAY"

This is why gaming is shit, you faggots just can't help yourselves. DONT FORGET TO PREORDER THE SUPER ULTRA MEGA LEGENDARY COLLECTORS EDITION FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $300.

>you could cancel that
holy shit maximum cancer

not really since it was a technique used against armored soldiers since you couldn't just cut through them no reason on using it on a dude with some cloth as armor

Any webms of a shoulder basher getting his ass kicked?

Or do they even exist because its so OP.

Yeah, they kept his damage for the alpha, because he does have a lot going for him.

I remember he had something like the Warden's shoulder bash, and he had unblockables, and pushes and carries.

I think the hybrids will probably be the toughest to balance.

>that webm
Holy fuck this game looks terrible

>no reason on using it on a dude with some cloth as armor
what if he captures your sword?

This is the first Ubishit game that i've been hyped for since AC4. I swear to god, if they fuck this up...

Actually, now that i think about it, even if they don't fuck this up and it turns out to be a great game and a financial success, you know they're going to milk it for all its worth and turn it into their new AC. I would see pay-to-win being in this thing's future if that happens.

It'll just be replaced by the inevitable sequel anyway.

In what ways? I'm legit curious to hear your explanation.