I haven't played other Hitman games so I can't really tell the difference but I didn't think it was bad...

I haven't played other Hitman games so I can't really tell the difference but I didn't think it was bad. What exactly was wrong with Absolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PrD5_Lr3fgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Play Contracts, Blood Money or ™ and you will notice the difference. Hitman can be more than a generic stealth game.

of course you cant see why its bad because you haven't play the other games to see how terrible Absolution actually is.

Well then tell me.

It wasn't a Hitman game. If you've played Splinter Cell, imagine Blood Money is Chaos Theory and Absolution is Conviction. Conviction was full of forced action, mark and execute, explosions, and all that bullshit and strayed from what Splinter Cell used to be.

It's cool to try a different formula but it didn't work for both games imo. Absolution was far too linear and was more like a corridor creeping game than a "free roam" puzzle style murder sim.

It was an okay game, but it's a terrible Hitman game.

>Red Dead Absolution

Aside from , the game also gave characterization to 47, formerly little more than a blank slate.

I disagree. I think both Silent Assassin and Contracts gave more characterization to 47 than Absolution did

While I don't think Absolution was that good, I thought that it was pretty entertaining. The idea of dropping 47 in random blue collar environments was kinda neat.

Yeah for 4-5 shot, now twenty, this is on a matrix level here.

youtube.com/watch?v=PrD5_Lr3fgg

Yeah, it gave him the characterization of being a terrible hitman.

THATS A FUCKING MYTH

Disguise system, one of the most interesting thing about the hitman series, is broken, since you'll find NPCs with your disguise everywhere anyway.
The batman sense, giving the path of the NPCs is stupidly overpowered and suck the tension of sneaking around.
Forced sneaking sections that plays like every cover based stealth game of its time.

It just was an absolutely unimaginative game, full of formulatic modern convention for what was used to be an original and unique take on the stealth genre.

I mean all things considered, that was actually a well done cutscene. Good voicework and animation and blocking.

Well yeah, it was, but 47 is a predator, not prey. That's the whole reason why people dislike the game.

As it forces you into a perspective that 47 is being "unprofessional".

Oh yeah the acting and the technical side was great but so awfully written for every character involved.

Play Hitman 2016 it is good

>episodic
>always online
>so terribly optimized it's the only modern game my toaster won't run on minimals
No thanks.

>episodic
done right
>always online
My PC is always online so it doesn't bother me
>terribly optimized
Runs great on my 970, which these days is a last gen shitcard for medium settings only

Yea. He seems unprofessional, the goal is personal, the hits could just as well be any other kill-mission in any other action game. It just doesn't catch the feel of the rest of the series.
While I did take my time to SA most of the levels (if not all), you don't really feel it matters. Killing high profile VIPs of obscure organisations and companies for other obscure organisations and companies makes you feel like a hitman. Discretion is of essence. A typical vendetta-ish manhunt does not fit in

It also limits the game geographically. Shitty towns in the US are fine as individual contracts but don't fit the suit-wearing 47 for an entire game. Also, many levels just ended with you reaching a door, with the actual assassinations in the next level.

I hated the old hitman games desu

>My PC is always online so it doesn't bother me
doesn't matter if YOUR pc is always on, if the game's server fucks up, as it has done numerous times before, you're not playing the game or having a worse experience for it

I thought it was a fun game, just not a good hitman.
>episodic
It's by far one of the best games to have an episodic format for.
>always online
I think there's an offline mode but I could be mistaken
>terribly optimized
Not silky smooth on my pc, still very playable

If you like hitman you're really missing out by not playing it, 2016 and blood money are the best ones