What went right?

What went right?

Didn't it have a massive budget for the time?

Everything, OP.

Except artifact hunting.

They finally gave the series some long-needed lore to make playing not feel pointless and it's probably the richest lore in any video game.

It wasn't other m

Everything, OP.

Including artifact hunting.

>those Chozo entries

Just about all of it

Nothing. It's a shitty backtracking simulator.

It was a 3d Super Metroid, basically.
Why can't they just make more without gimmicks?

nothing, prime is shit and you have meme circlejerks about it hourly every day like some sick cult.

You're fun at parties

Everything. It's still my favorite video game. I doubt anything will knock it off my top spot.

Genuinely the most awful taste I've ever seen on Sup Forums
congrats man

>Playing Metroid Prime at parties.

>having to parade your contrarian opinions to random people on the internet without offering a real criticism that someone could potentially receive value from
Must be a real cool guy irl

>defending cheap artificial length

KYS

Also, nothing about the gameplay is great. Platforming in first person is a terrible idea, and so is first person shooting in a console.

It's like you only ever read about Metroid without really playing it.

>make thread about a shit game
>expects everyone to suck it up

lol i dont read none of that shit. am i missing out?

There is nothing wrong with Metroid Prime's controls, specifically on the Gamecube. If you have trouble with them, git gud, and it's not that fucking hard.

Not even the first fps metroidvania game

It was pretty cool I guess, but not worth playing the game again for.

Yes. Scan everything and read everything.

Tell me about some Metroid Prime lore. I remember hearing something about niggas breaking their backbones trying to emulate Samus' morphball form.

>unironically caring about lore in a Nintendo game about saving the universe from the evil pirates from outer space

This is a whole new level of autism.

what's wrong with finding world building interesting? what does it being a nintendo game have to do with anything? dork souls lore works the same way tbqh fampai

>git gud

Are you serious? The game has fucking auto-aim. All Metroid games, both 2D and 3D, are casual trash.

Well then this game if perfect for you because you can skip all the lore in case you're impatient and only like action

damn........
deepest lore for sure........

git gud

>metroid prime 2
>casual trash
I dare you to beat that game on hard mode.
I bet you praise fag shit like JRPGs

>Are you serious?

Yes I am. I have actually seen people on here complain about the "terrible" controls in the game.

And certain items disappearing forever after you clear certain areas, making 100%ing the game a real bitch.

That's the only true bad game design choice in this entire series, IMO.

Metroid always had a deep lore if you pay attention to Japanese materials, the manga etc. Even in the games alone the story is far more dynamic than any other Nintendo game. This is a series where, over the course of its events, the heroine has committed genocide, became the adoptive mother of an alien that gave its life for her, and eventually turned into a half-human hybrid with alien DNA.

Also despite Prime lore being Dark Souls-tier, it is mostly inconsequential to the series as a whole due to the Prime games being side stories.

>And certain items disappearing forever after you clear certain areas
I've only heard about certain scans, not items.

Sorry, meant to say scans.

>hard mode Boost Guardian

This.

Successful 3D to 2D conversion.

>making 100%ing the game a real bitch

Not really. Just remember to scan everything. Once you're in that mindset you won't slip up.

>hard mode boost guardian

Why did you implant that thought into my mind

>big league chew piece of shit

>Why can't they just make more without gimmicks?
I truly believe that it's in Retro Studios' personal philosophy to avoid anything that could be construed as rehashing the same game. Even though Metroid Prime is a winning concept.

The light / dark and Phazon shit might not have been particularly compelling but at the very least it was applaudably different.

Jesus fucking Christ how horrifying

Metroid games being too easy is a common criticism.

People who level that criticism fail to realise that the series is designed for self-imposed challenges.

Oh fuck Powerslave / Exhumed is amazing. Get the EX sourceport, it's not hard to find (has been taken down)

You could sequence break and it was great fun
Demolishing Flaahgra with the Ice Beam or Thardus with the Plasma Beam or getting the Power Bombs early was great fun.
And getting the Space Jump boots right of the bat saved so much goddamn time.

>Thardus with the Plasma Beam
This was really fun. I don't think I ever did Flaahgra with the Ice Beam.

I remember one time, after like 100 retries, I finally cleared Magmoor Caverns without the Varia Suit. Then I lost my save file.

I really, really, really wanted to do that one but it was impossible in the PAL version on account of the heat damage loss being so much faster

It was a shame too because I loved using the Fusion suit but hated the Varia colour palette. Seriously, who thought yellow and pink was a good idea?

Ice Beam was tricky as fuck though because being in null space could always fuck you over in unexpected ways.
Swore I'd never delete the save I did it on.

I got ice beam early for my Magmoor run, just so I could get the fourth e-tank. Would have been impossible otherwise, I made it with like 2 energy.

I'm pretty sure they made heat damage a lot weaker in the Wii release, to the point where you could reach Phendrana from Chozo Ruins with 3 tanks.

Wii version is almost impossible to get hold of nowadays.
Damn things cost a fortune whenever they pop up on ebay.

Sucks for collectors but it's easy to pirate or emulate. There's also the digital Wii U release.

Amazing score
Interesting environments
Fun bosses
Intriguing lore