What is really THAT bad?

What is really THAT bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UteXraeYQmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Resident Evil 6

Yes, I don't even know how could anybody manage play the game past Leon's chapter, shit was so boring.

Chris and Jake chapters were hilariously bad and kinda enjoyable trash. So bad, so good. One of the most memorable experience of the last gen for me, sure.

more of a resident evil than 7 is

It's a man giving head to a giraffe. Of course it's bad.

They got rid of the feeling of exploration

That was always a big thing for me

It's linear movie-game trash.

Might aswell play Uncharted instead.

RE6 is abject trash. It abandoned all pretense of being a horror/adventure game and just became pure action, extremely linear levels, nothing to discover except a few hidden exp stashes, extremely shitty and tacked-on skill system (where exactly three skills are useful and that's the amount you have slots for), just complete lack of fun content like notes and puzzles and gun upgrading.

Worth it for merc mode alone though

And to add insult to injury, shooting zombies doesn't even feel good. They don't seem to react right or something. I'm not 100% sure why it is because shooting felt great in 5, even though I hated 5 otherwise.

It's one of the best third-person shooter.

>But seriously merc mode in re6 is awesome. It's what makes it worth owning.

Stop with this meme. Mercs mode in RE6 is not fun at all. There's only one (1) map unlocked at the start, and unlocking more feels impossible because you have to hit a score target that's only reachable for diehard autists. You'd assume that you'd unlock more stuff by simply shooting at zombies a lot and not dying, but the game actually demands that you also keep up your combo meter and hit hidden combo bonus crystals and dash around collecting time bonuses and use melee counters as much as possible and all sorts of BULLSHIT that I don't ever want to bother with.

And even if you unlock everything, how many non-DLC maps are there even? Three? Four? Theres should be like fifty for it to be interesting. And let's not get into how only three characters are unlocked at the start and unlocking more requires even more autismosity, and how you can't use your storymode skills here but have to grind for an entirely separate set of skills. Fuck that mode.

Rev 2's similar mode is much better. It has way more levels, way more characters, and beating levels and unlocking more shit is pleasantly easy and only requires that you don't use healing items and kill everything for maximum rank.

DELET

>i can't git gud

yep

There's no reason to get gud because it's shit and feels bad to play and is simply not even slightly fun. You get gud in gud games, not RE6.

No, it's a fun action game

>wah i have to learn the stages and use every mechanic why cant i just point and shoot and get a participation trophy

>ITT: people who have no friends to play with say it's shit because they played a coop game alone

how does it feel anons

what the fuck were they thinking with that logo

Either they weren't or nobody had the balls to tell the artist and marketing that it looked like a giraffe blowjob.

>girl sucking giraffe dick
lol

>You'd assume that you'd unlock more stuff by simply shooting at zombies a lot and not dying, but the game actually demands that you also keep up your combo meter and hit hidden combo bonus crystals and dash around collecting time bonuses and use melee counters as much as possible and all sorts of BULLSHIT that I don't ever want to bother with.

What the hell are you talking about?
You unlock the other stages by beating the previous ones, you beat them by killing all the zombies on them.

Collecting the time bonuses and killing zombies are the only things you NEED to do to actually beat it, and even then every stage gives you around 10 minutes of time (not counting bonuses from killing enemies), how can you find it that challenging?

You absolutely should get rewards for playing it normally. The mode is garbage. You have ONE FUCKING MAP that always plays the same way, and if you play it normally, even if you don't die, you get a D rank or some shit like that. To unlock the second map, you need to get a score that's literally impossible without scumming the system. It's terrible design and the mode is terrible, and it's terrible that people act like the whole terrible game is worth it because of this one shitty microscopically small unfun mode.

Even if you're good at it, like a true fucking Mercs master, how the fuck do you not get tired of it in 20 minutes? There's FOUR MAPS TOTAL. And the maps always play out the same way. How do you not get bored of that instantly?

Resident Evil games are single player only and if you disagree you are a Capcom employee.

Loved the N64 textures.

It was a really fun coop game. Is there any similar coop games? Resident Evil 5 was shit compared to 6.

>logo
Every single part of the picture sucks balls.

>?!

>Resident Evil games are single player only and if you disagree you are a Capcom employee.

But Resident Evil 5 & 6 are co-op games.

>you beat them by killing all the zombies on them.
>all 150 of them

Dude, if you play normally and not like a master autist you have time to kill like 30 at most. Unlocking the second map is 100% impossible without having to learn bullshit strats.

>girl

You're a fucking mongoloid. 5's coop is about a thousand times better.

It's really not that hard, you probably have some issues or something.

No, they are single player games with an AI partner. Co-op mode must never be used because it will ruin the single player experience. If you use it, fuck you.

see

But it is a co-op game. Being able to play co-op for the main gameplay features makes it a co-op game.

>bullshit starts
After finishing the game once and moving on to Mercs, opening all the maps was a matter of 2-3 tries during which you remembered the time bonus placements. And I'm an average gamer at most.
You're just shit.

Only good thing about it was watching Chris man handle Leon.

>collecting the clearly visible time boosts is playing like a master autist
you only need to know where the boosts are, that's it

I played Lost Planet 2 alone. My regrets are deep and my disappointment stains my face and warns others not to follow such a foolish path.

We are not talking about RE5. RE6 was bad even as a coop game.

Is Lost Planet 2 still playable online with friends over Steam?

Or did it use GFWL or some stupid shit

Did you play it alone?

lots of stuff (like co-op games) is fun with friends.

I hate that they removed the briefcase and how you had to rely on a shitty AI partner instead of just stuffing it in a bin when shit gets hairy. Stopped playing during the sequence where you're in a jeep shooting at a bunch of motorcycle Black dudes.

I don't think you understand. Resident Evil games are defined as single player games. This is a Resident Evil game, ergo is has to be a single player game. Any multiplayer mode you may have seen is an illusion, a trick of the mind.

It wouldn't be so bad if your melee attacks couldn't miss, like in RE4 and RE5. But for some reason they changed that, so you'll execute an attack that misses for no apparent reason and wastes valuable seconds. Shit's infuriating, and it was never a problem in the previous games.

No idea. I played it on the PS3 in the first place.

user how retarded are you on a scale 1-10

No, and I still dropped it after Chris's campaign. Shit was boring as hell.

>This is a Resident Evil game, ergo is has to be a single player game

Not necessarily, a lot of the moments in the games (like seperating with your partner) are designed with two players in mind since you're offering a unique path that only a second player can experience.

Just because previous RE have been single player games doesn't mean that RE5 and 6 have to be.

I like how there's always someone who asks this question. Then a couple weeks later we get the "Holy fuck I should have listened to you guys" thread. I was that guy too once though so don't worry about it.

It was disgusting, dude, and also way too long for a game that terrible. Think this was the only game I played were I kept getting pissed off at how long they dragged out such an awful experience. Mercs mode was pretty cool while it lasted though.

Collecting extra time is bullshit I shouldn't have to bother with unless I'm going for S rank, and managing combo should not be required unless going for the leaderboards. The stages and characters are the most basic thing in the mode. They should be unlocked as soon as you play a single match and don't die. I've played like fucking 10 rounds and never gotten a rank better than the worst rank there is. The mode is absolute shit and so is the whole game.

>Just because previous RE have been single player games doesn't mean that RE5 and 6 have to be.

Actually, it does. If they wanted to make a multiplayer game, they should call it something different, like Doom or World of Warcraft.

>>What is really THAT bad?

>gameplay
best in the series (wholly relative) -- you could actually move around and melee in real-time...ish

>narrative
utterly absurd, so-bad-that-you-can't-look-away

>co-op
actually works in this game, because the story was so ridiculous that there was little to not tension or s/h to speak of

>replay
pretty high to highest, for an RE game

I'd say they at least went in the right direction with the gameplay and content. They fuck the narrative and the game was "an RE game", so it wasn't starting from a high base to begin with

7 green herbs / 10

Why would you think that?

So you just didn't know how to play the game then. Sounds like you tried to shoot everything to death which isn't how RE6 was meant to be played. You kill everything quickly with melee attacks. Guns are only meant for stunning, not killing. Every melee kill gives you bonus time in addition to being the fastest way to kill things... so you should have plenty of time to quickly kill all 150.

it's still GodaWFuL, but can be played via LAN / tunngle / hamachi... and I believe some still do play it through steam / Live

however, PvP is dead and there are no bot A.I.'s for the PvP maps, so that part of the game is dead

still the best game of the series and still worth it for co-op

Not really, a series can be reiterated on a gameplay level in whatever way the developers want to and still be part of the series and the story's canon.

It's like sperging out over Resident Evil 7 going FPS, it's still a Resident Evil game and it's still canon, whether you like it or not.

Using attacks other than gun attacks is another one of those bullshit strats we talked about.

not as bad as this

Then why do melee attacks seemingly fail at random?

they don't?

Other than occasionally kicking depending on the stun I don't know what you're talking about.

That I'll admit.

Being worse than Umbrella Corpse is something few games can accomplish.

>one of those bullshit strats we talked about.
It's the only ""strat"", dude. Not to mention the way the game was meant to be played. It was the same way in 5, only 5 was more focused on double team melee attacks.

They only activate when an enemy staggered and it's and automated mini 'cutscene'. What do you mean fail at random?

storywise and some gameplay mechanic sucks but the game felt like on rail shooter which is pretty fun

>It's like sperging out over Resident Evil 7 going FPS, it's still a Resident Evil game
ummm, no.

FPS is FPS and RE has never been this (beside on a single up-chuck Wii iteration).

shill away, but at least have the integrity to call a spade, a spade:
crapclown gave up on trying to perfect the s/h genre because the likes of Dead Space and TEW showed their franchise up to be a poor many's galley shooter with clunky fuck mechanics and the developers as useless hacks who couldn't get the formula right, no matter how many times they tried

as such, they decided to join the cookie cutter ranks of the disembodied hands, jump-scare tech demo genre -- cue: RE7

enjoy the game and all... but don't make out like crapclown have killed another of their once-loved franchises for one casual penny more

i played with randoms pretty much chaotic but fun

Liar. Nobody ever needed melee in 5. Shooting everyone and everything in the face was a perfectly viable strategy, and satisfying at that. You COULD melee if you wanted, but it was strictly an optional thing for people who wanted to tinker with it, not in any way a requirement.

About a third of the time they simply do not connect with the enemy. I will kick the air or the ground beside them, or something like that, and deal no damage. In a mode like mercenaries where every second counts, and because there's no precise way to aim or otherwise prevent this from happening, it basically turns the whole thing into a gamble.

>h̶a̶v̶e̶

have NOT

>but don't make out like crapclown have killed another of their once-loved franchises for one casual penny more

I'm not.
I'm saying that no matter how much it upsets you and makes your head hurt, Resident Evil 7 is part of the Resident Evil series.

>this nigga didn't know how to play RE5 either
Holy shit this level of incompetence...

It was even how you meant to kill every boss. Stagger -> melee -> shiva melee -> final melee. RE5 mercs mode was also the same with every character. How the hell did you manage to finish any of it without time bonus chains?

>because there's no precise way to aim or otherwise prevent this from happening
yes there is, you just stand in the appropriate place when doing it.

If they stand up because you stomped them on the head too late or they don't die because you stomp them on the chest, that's not at random, that's you doing it wrong.

once the sig and hydra are fully upgraded you can drop enemies in 2-3 shots or 1 with the shotgun. bring a rifle and a magnum when you need it (with 5000 power lol) and the game is all shooting. ive done pro runs with next to no melee

6 was great. It was FUN to play, even more so with a friend
Of course its story is shit, it's a japanese game.
Even so, it's an HORROR game.
Having more than 2 characters and one story was a great idea too, and if they end up making it again and altering the gameplay ever so slightly in-between those chars, it would go really high.
Also more mercenaries shit, and more 'become a zombie in another person's game'. 10/10 potential, even tho the execution was meh.
Also, Sherry>Leon>ada>Chris.

no

dude, you kind of suck lol. If anything mercs is too easy to get S rank. Just watch a video online.

What about mercs mode?? And you're telling me you missed out fighting Wesker hand-to-hand too? Even RE4 had this shit and I'm just going to go ahead and assume you didn't know what you were doing in that one either.

youtube.com/watch?v=UteXraeYQmo

skip to 38 seconds to see everything you did wrong.

>Collecting extra time is bullshit
You just run a lap around the stage and get all the time, what are you not getting?

>If they stand up because you stomped them on the head too late or they don't die because you stomp them on the chest
That's not what happens though, the attacks do not connect at all, I do not even touch them at all. And this doesn't only happen with enemies, it happens with the time pillars and containers as well. I would think that the "appropriate place" is indicated when a button prompt for an attack pops up on screen, like in the previous games which I enjoyed, but apparently I can't trust the UI in RE6.

I really enjoyed 5 and 6, but I played through them with friends only. Good times.
Why touch a co-op game if you have to play alone.

Their only crimes in the eyes of haters were naming the games resident evil.

R.I.P Piers..

Can't say I've experienced what you have, I'll say thought that stomping worked the same way in RE5, you could miss it if timed incorrectly and does less damage if executed at the wrong spot.

i dont play mercs. i dont care about being locked in a box killing braindead ai for hours.

lol no fuck you, piers was shit.
Chris' story was the shittiest part of the game.
"NO NO, CAPTAIN, GO, LIVE!"
Holy shit that was so dumb.
They should've killed Chris instead.

Piers should've saluted when he and Chris seperated.

It doesn't matter. You still hardcore failed the single player mode which is a hell of a lot worse than mercs mode. Hardcore failed.

5 is basically an expansion to 4.

Everything is the same, the movement, the enemies and the simple puzzles. Even the ganados have the same animations.

Piers was a bro, even when Chris was being a total faggot through the entire game.
>wuhh my comrades *dips vodka* why do people in war, dude..
>CHRIS YOUR BEING A FAGGOT AGAIN STOP
>o-ok.. s-sorry..

If anything Piers was top-tier, Chris was shit.
You fool!

so then tell me how do you get that wesker execution then? it looks cool i want to try it even if i dont play mercs

I don't know if it's some sort of glitch or what, but it pretty much killed the whole game for me. And I played RE4 and 5 mercs for dozens of hours so it's not like I don't know how things should work. But it seems to happen regardless of timing.

>not just replaying RE1, 2, 3, CV, Zero, Dead Aim and REmake indefinitely while completely ignoring 4, 5, 6, those godawful Revelations games and shitty lightgun games

I sure hope you guys don't do this

Yes

The same way you do it on every boss wtf. Every enemy even. When they stagger, walk up and press X for big damage melee attack. For regular enemies, you can use the weakest gun possible and you still only have to shoot them once to stagger them, so long as that shot is in the face, shoulder or knee.

you can shoot final form wesker in the knees to stun him and then do that? that seems way to easy to end the game with. ive seen the first hit of the melee on the first wesker form but i could never press the qte in time

Rev 2 was alright.

if you are a cuck, sure

Final form I don't remember the fight but there's a couple times you damage without ammo. One case he drops to his knees and just walk up and stab his exposed weak spot. In other cases, sheva will restrain him for you and walk up to melee him and you both stab the fuck out of him. First wesker, one of the melee is a counter so you have to be quick but the others are just normal stuns. You could fire rockets at him if I remember correctly while the other player waits to melee him when he's stunned from it. A couple of these and the fight's over.

Also that fight where he says you only have 7 minutes to fight him, you really tried to do that one without melee? Not possible.