soundcloud.com/ackkstudios/random-encounter-rhythm-track
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What does "postmodern" mean?

All the other buzzwords were taken

it's a typo, meant postmortem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodernism

you guys don't want to see gameplay

>Some people will pay money for THIS

It refers to that which resembles or is inspired by postmodernism, which is itself a late-20th-century style and concept in the arts, architecture, and criticism that represents a departure from established modernism and has at its heart a general distrust of grand theories and ideologies as well as a problematical relationship with any notion of “art"
self-referentialism, acknowledgement of the medium, refutation of established methods or tropes, and defiance of larger ideologies are all common signifiers of postmodernism

every time I watch a video of that shit I find something new to laugh at

>flannelbeard hero
>evil jock enemies
>keyboard solo to do one attack

>PS1-esque low poly models
>perfectly crisp textures

Game is literally Revenge of the Nerds as interpreted by a social outcast

>We heard you talking shit about our postmodern unironically hipster earthbound inspired retro rpg

How do you respond?

Spoiler: the girl is inside the water tank.
The game's premise is based of Elisa Jam's death.

>YIIK
What were they thinking?

I smiled, have a you

Say
>you-uu too
and disarm the situation

It means tumblrshit.

YⅡK: A Numale Odyssey

DUDE INDIE ART STYLE LMAO

Why is the perfectly plain looking girl trying to strike a """"sexy"""" pose?

In this context: retro, quirky and completely pandering to those born in the 90's who wish they were born in the 80's.

Because she's a girl.

Numales the game

shit

Patriarchy forced her to do it and is just off camera with a gun.

Weird for the sake of wierd

It looks like a jojo reference, based from Lisa-Lisa

I subverts the conventions of it's medium in a way that draws attention to it's nature as a fictional construct.

Probably to show off that wagon she's draggin' because that looks to be her only redeeming feature

Ugh, yet another white protagonist game.

I was born in the mid 80s and I was too young to appreciate anything about it

I make out with the handsome hispanic guy who looks exactly like me but with longer hair.

>numale
Sup Forums leave.

It means that it's going to be about itself, will be skeptical regarding its own existence, and will attempt to elevate its 'level of meaning' by turning its analysis in towards itself.

>to show off that wagon she's draggin'
What?

Don't forget
>Game has no trouble hitting 60+fps
>All animations are 10 fps for "style"

>postmodern
Literally, I suck my gf dick

h-huh

It's bix nood speak for ass.

>jewish
>having an ass

>that
>an ass
I feel sorry for white people.

Pretentious

I have never been more offended by the look of a video game in my life than I am by this....

It's not even the "indie" style either, it just makes my eyes hurt to look at this thing.

a cheap marketing gimmick

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

IT'S AHEAD OF ITS TIME. IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER FEW YEARS OF SOCIAL AND GENERAL INTELLECTUAL GROWTH TO MAKE SENSE. GIVE IT TIME! WAIT FOR THE YOUTUBERS TO START SPEWING OUT THEORYSHITTING VIDS SO IT SEEMS LIKE OUR GAME IS DEEPLY MULTIFACETED AND NUANCED!!!!

REEEEEEE THE STORY DOES MAKE SENSE, TO US!!!!! YOU'RE JUST TOO DUMB TO GET IT!!!!!!!!

That is post-modern.

Those models are much better than the average PS1 model, they could be at home in a low budget PS3 game like persona 3 tbqh

>link the music of that game to friends to have a laugh together
>they don't understand what's so bad about it

HELP

What is its music like?

In this context it means an rpg without an epic story, and instead more focused on depicting its characters in mundane situations sprinkled with absurd or fantastical elements. That's literally all there is to it.

fuck off Sup Forums

I like the Asian (?) girl with the red jacket and purple leggings.

>trying to share vidya opinions with normalfags
This is social suicide. Because you have friends, I assume you are wishing to maintain a social life. Always hide your powerlevel. This is the first lesson Sup Forums will teach you, newfriend.

soundcloud.com/ackkstudios/little-eyes

>soundcloud.com/ackkstudios/little-eyes
The battle music is actually pretty neat, it just has a shitty 5 minute long intro that goes nowhere.

They're not normalfags tho

It's a term that frees you from actually explaining your thoughts/thought process for decisions regarding the game.
Once you call it "postmodern" it can't be questioned. Well I mean, it CAN be questioned, but the answer is always "you just don't understand" or "maybe you will understand in a few years, when you're more mature"
it elevates you and the game above criticism, complaint, and questions

What's wrong with this? Sure it's mega indie trash, but it's quite catchy and the vocalist has a nice voice.

literally a fancy word for "breaking the 4th wall", dont let anyone tell you its something more or deeper than that

ITS SPREADING

The soundtrack is one of the better things about the game. is pretty damn off, though.

>and the vocalist has a nice voice
where at? at home?

Y'all praised undertales soundtrack so I know y'all have shit taste in music. This games OST is horrible as well

blow me, I like that artsyle. Too bad the animatioon are janky
the battle theme is good thought
soundcloud.com/ackkstudios/into-the-mind-yiik-battle-theme-by-toby-fox
>toby fox

Fuck, I'm listening to him through my Corsair SP2500. If I had a bespoke sound system consisting of 1970's Kef bookshelf speakers running through an old tube amp I'd probably think he was shit. Sorry, Sup Forums, I'll sort out my sound system asap so I can form real opinions.

it means pretentious

nobody argues that undertale's music is some great artistic achievement, the point was that its extremely catchy, easy to get into and very fitting for what's happening onscreen.

Holy shit you're annoyingly arrogant

??????????????????????????

yikes, this sounds like a shitty version of black moth super rainbow or jerry paper

Is this gonna come out on PC?

post = mail
modern = now

So what you're saying is that this game is sending me a message?

I'm torn on this. The videos make it look like quite a big game, and i love me some turn based rog action. Even the special moves for each character have a different gimmiky control which gives me a very Barkly shut up and Jam vibe. All of this is good to me.

But the forced indieness of it is just really pretentious. I bet the story is actually pretty bland too because of it.

soundcloud.com/ackkstudios/random-encounter-rhythm-track
Pure OSTkino.
I unironically like it after it picks up.

Maybe it's actually a deep criticism of the shallow hipster lifestyle

The uzi battle soundtrack has a lot of cool ideas going for it, unfortunately they are executed kind of poorly. But maybe that's post-modern game development for you :^)