Nintendo was right about the Wii U. We were wrong

engadget.com/2015/07/17/nintendo-wii-u-love/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsjWqCHPZ0w
gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/
youtube.com/watch?v=36F3rxHRlE4
thegg.net/opinion-editorial/did-treehouse-butcher-fire-emblem-fates-with-their-sjw-nonsense-it-leans-towards-yes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not clicking that

>the Wii U is the most consistently joyful console of the current generation. As it turns out, Nintendo wasn't wrong. We were.

Ignorance is bliss

>Sean Buckley, Associate Editor

>I knew I was going to be wrong about the Wii U the first time I saw it. It's almost a tradition: Nintendo announces a new product; I denounce it as an awful idea; and it turns out to be great. It happened to me when Nintendo created the DS (two screens? Absurd.), and again when it went all-in on motion controls (where's my dual-stick gamepad?). I even dismissed the 3DS as a gimmick until I lookedthroughit with my own eyes. Year after year, Nintendo proved to me that my instincts were wrong.

WiiU was perfect

It had the better exclusive games ratio out of the 3 for the most of its years. It's just now that ps4 is catching up in this sense.

And definitely gave some variety to the gaming landscape, which xbone (and ps4 to a lesser extent) fails astronomically at.

>the consumer is wrong
ok drone

Do we know how different BoTW will be on Wii U and Switch besides HD? Which has better framerate?

>Tropical Freeze
>Smash
>Mario Kart 8
>Mario Maker

It's not much, but was worth buying a Wii U refurbished for me personally. MK8 and Smash especially are 100+ hour games for me because of the online play.

The Switch has nothing like that on offer and now I have to pay a fee to do it. To be fair, it's not like these were all Wii U launch titles either. Maybe I'll get a Switch refurbished too in a couple years.

Switch will be better due to better hardware. I'm still getting it for WiiU though. I'll wait until summer before getting the Switch.

Why do you keep being a fucking retard then?

>W101
>Bayo2
>Pikmin3
>Hyrule Warriors
>Fatal Frame
>MonHun
>Toad
>Xeno

I got plenty out of mine by adding these to that list.

I'm probably gonna get Bayo 1/2 for it after I finish up DMC3 and 4

All this, Devil's 3rd as a cherry on top + Zelda BotW = perfect console of this generation.

It's fucking great, I hope they'll make a 3rd. It at least sold well enough this time to justify it.

>I-IT WAS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT! NINTENDO CAN DO NO WRONG!

Pathetic

Hes not being ignorant of your opinion, he doesnt want support some trash media site.

>people now like the Wii u after its dead

Splatoon + MK8 >>> Everything

Thats not hard when you scare away most 3rd party developers and rely on first and second party dev. Of course Nintendo had more exclusives for the wii u, becauee they had nothing else.

>Devils third
user... you dont have to eat shit just because nintendos name is on it

It's really not that bad. A lot of people are gonna look at us and say "They're just playing these mediocre games to justify the system" but it really is my favorite Smash, my favorite Mario Kart, and Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite platformers ever made.

However, it certainly is a failed system, it's hard not to admit it. I didn't buy it full price because I already knew it would be a first party only machine and there are only so many games one company with a handful of developers can produce for it. And then they even have a few turds like Star Fox and Paper Mario.

I'm hearing the Switch version has better resolution but framerate is the same

I feel like one of the best times to buy a system is at the end of its life when it's succeeded by a system without backwards compatibility, if you were only interested in single player titles.

Really wanted to get FE but won't support censorship, not in the amount it had.

That might make sense with the second screen. Which I think is just a UI though. Not sure how much processing power that would take.

splatoon = best online multiplayer
mk 8 = best local mutliplayer
dong freeze = best platformer of the decade
bayonetta 2, pikmin 3 and xcx are great too

Devil's 3rd have nothing common with Nintendo.
NoA hates this game in fact.
This game is good by itself and truly hidden gem of Wii U library.

Shouldn't take much but if the game pushes the system to it's limits already then it could be a significant factor.

I honestly think that no one actually played it and went with the "game reviewers" words on this one.

>censorship
There is no censorship. Couple of Retardbasa costumes were altered. That's all. Literally.

Not what i played. Multiplayer is dead. Voice work sucks and the gunplay is not satisfying.

>This game is good
Hahahahahahaha

>There is no censorship.
There is and a lot of it. I've studied my shit user, and you wont trick me into buying this shit.

Have you actually played it?

>Multiplayer is dead.
Not Itagaki' fault. Blame Nintendo.

>There is and a lot of it.
Blatant lie. I doesn't see the point arguing with person who clearly never saw this game.

But if its not a big deal. Why change? If the market supposedly wont be affected by changing content in the game. Why bother?

Same thing with FE translations? If the conversations arent problematic, then why change them?

Since when were translations about finding a way to Americanize and tone down games instead of actually translating them?

Dont say censorship isnt there, it is. But its not about whiny weeaboos wanting costumes, its about not wanting a corporation to assume what i want and set the standard that we can handle or be happy with stuff Japan sends us.

>Blatant lie
How so. There is censorship in it.
>I doesn't see the point arguing with person who clearly never saw this game.
So you have nothing then, thanks user for convincing me not to get this game.

>my opinion is that the game is shit
>game component is shit and controls are miserable
>dont blame the dev!!!

Fine i wont blame the dev. The game is still shit. My opinion still stands. Nintendo can ruin their games all they want.

>But if its not a big deal. Why change? If the market supposedly wont be affected by changing content in the game. Why bother?
>Same thing with FE translations? If the conversations arent problematic, then why change them?
NoA actions didn't make any sense, so the only conclusion is follows: they get money for each change.
More stupid unnecessary changes = more money for Treehouse team.

TMS#FE as a "censored" game is literally lewd fest.

at least come up with something new if you're gonna shitpost you faggot.

>TMS#FE as a "censored" game is literally lewd fest.
Quit putting it in quotes as it is censored, just because they didn't put everyone in a burgha doesn't change the fact that they did censor it.

The only real, major flaw of WiiU was that it was underpowered.
Same with 3DS
Same with Wii
Same with Switch
Nintendo is retarded if they keep repeating same mistake

Yeah just like Gamecube am I right user

>trying to pretend wiiu launch wasnt a complete fucking disaster that was dropped immediately by all third parties

Japs already "censored" original game so by your logic there is no "true" pure version of TMS#FE in this world.
How sad.
It's not

Holy shit
>if it's new then it's shit
>once it is hated by the popular majority Sup Forums will love it

Like goddamn clockwork.

They didn't remove Vagina bones nor did they remove cleavage.
youtube.com/watch?v=AsjWqCHPZ0w
Tell me how this is not censorship again?

>Vagina bones
You mean shit like that?

Pastebin that shit nigger faggot.

>a picture where they are censored by clothing itself.

No I am talking about airbrushing that shit off where the midriff is clearly visible, putting a black void to any panty shots, changing an entire dungeon so it doesn't make sense, etc.

Watch the fucking video.

If you never had a Wii or Wii U, then the Wii U would be a great console to get once the Switch is out and it drops in price.

True, Wii and Wii U combined have a fantastic selection of games.
Wii U alone is a bit lackluster though

>identifying oneself as a consumer as a mark of individuality despite it being invented by jews only a century ago after they figured out how to stimulate unconscious desires in marketing and make people buy what they don't need

You're the literal drone, jesus christ.

>Watch the fucking video.
I played the game and finished it. I laugh at people who actually butthurts over Retardbasa' outfits.

That's about the only positive I can think of about the Wii U.

it's not just about one girls outfits you fucking mong. You have absolutely no defense for any of this, and are only trying to justify your own willingness to eat shit.

It's either that or you're that faggot from treehouse that butchered this.

>it's not just about one girls outfits you fucking mong
Overall - it is.

yeah and butcherin an entire chapter and dungeon. I guess that is not censorship either. Seriously go fuck yourself. Thank god I speak jap and was able to play this thing uncesored while you continue to eat shit and defend it.

Thee Wii U had a lot of good games, with the majority of the first party offerings being masterful.

The problem was that Nintendo was literally the only company making games for the time. 2 or 3 big games a year and a bunch of indie filler is not enough to support a console.

Looking at the library retroactively though, it's really very solid.

These games are all shit though.

Shh, let the Nintenkiddies circle jerk over their dead console. It's the least we can do for the poor saps.

As you say, sweetheart.

The lack of Monster Hunter disturbs me.

Paper Mario has gone to shit, you're just reinforcing his point really.

gamecube was dead on arrival because of the 1gb dvds

Monster Hunter disturbs me.

It's like a poetry.

>defending what they turned Paper Mario into

They made another gorgeous entry in the series.

post one with tsubasa!!!!

Sorry, but I have a good taste.

post the archive link, fgt.

Well, as a PC gamer, the Wii U is the only console that makes sense to me.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Zelda games, Mario games, Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, Lego City, Pikmin 3, Smash etc.

It's literally Nintendo's worst console ever but still the best of its generation. Seriously.

>Virtual Boy

I'm hoping they give an option to disable the second screen to improve framerate. I think even DKCTF disabled the second screen for framerate reasons

Nintendo isn't really a company to give options like that though

gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/

I haven't played it yet, but it seems to work from what I've seen.

>mfw we probably know BOTW back story

Hype is reaching critical mass.

it was always about value. People valued the Wii U at $250 or less until it had a robust library of exclusives. People also saw the PS4 as being worth $400 because of their confidence in Sony.

Nintendo has yet to earn people's trust and the Wii U still isn't worth a cent over $250. As simple as that.

>People also saw the PS4 as being worth $400 because of their confidence in Sony.

They bought it because they were gullible retards that fell for a good marketing campaign. I bet the didn't enjoy that full year of nogames

>fatal frame 5
>good
it's the worst game of the series

I enjoyed it. Still a good game even if it's the worst in the series.

>2015

He didn't even bait his hook and OP got bites.

Except it's a best after 4

I like the Wii U and all, but isn't this basically willful denial of the market?

There are lots of systems that are cool at least in retrospect but that didn't make them winners at the time

>There are lots of systems that are cool at least in retrospect but that didn't make them winners at the time
And now you know why you can't apply "free market" principles into everything that involves society.

>As it turns out, Nintendo wasn't wrong. We were.

no shit

youtube.com/watch?v=36F3rxHRlE4

>the consumer is wrong
This is how Nintendo dies

All they had to do was release a console on par with the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S and they would have been fine and made it on time with other companies release schedules and they fucked it up.

That doesn't make nintendo right and other people wrong, though. That's at best hyperbolic.

They're all very beautiful men and you've been had by the gay agenda.

I think they were in a shitty place after the Wii regardless

And? your point being. Was Nintendo right with the Wii then? And all the others wrong?

>It's either that or you're that faggot from treehouse that butchered this.

Elaborate so I can be angry at someone for this.

>buying Witcher on steam and not GOG
you don't get to brag about anything

They still had a loyal fan base though, but it definitely gets thinner and thinner with the more BS they try to pull like a 70 dollar dual shock clone with an NFC reader. I'm just saying they need to earn back consumer trust and they're not doing that.

You know you can activate the steamkey on gog too?

related:
thegg.net/opinion-editorial/did-treehouse-butcher-fire-emblem-fates-with-their-sjw-nonsense-it-leans-towards-yes/

What I'm saying is that line of thinking is retarded.

In short NoA is full of retarded attack helicopters and nu-male cucks pushing an agenda in their localizations.