Sub 30fps is ok now

>sub 30fps is ok now

what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=K6jxhgMteB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well-meaning people wouldn't shut the fuck up about 60fps superiority and turned it into a meme.

30 fps is fine for sp 60 fps is literally a shit meme by PCucks.

Nintendo fell for the open world meme and Aonuma decided to become a modern dev. Instead of making a small but fun and well-optimized game he decided to make an overly ambitious, boring slog that barely runs on the hardware it's designed for. Somehow, fanboys are convinced that he'll somehow make it work, though.

you COULD play a game at 1 fps.

30 is just better than 1. And 60 is better than 30.

60 is a standard we should have been at for at least 5 years now. We should be arguing over 60 and 120 right now the way we argue about 30 and 60, but

consoles

man,

consoles.

Casuals = lack of taste and standards. Casuals have been the biggest demographic in the industry for 10 years now.

>console cucks parents own a 60hz television
>garbage hardware can't even fully push it

laff

>bloodborne drops into the teens
>Lmao no problem it got patched right guys haha
>Zelda drops frames
>LMAO SWTCH CUCJS HAHA XD

>what happened?

Anti-consumerist practices win out when the consumer base gets replaced by young people who don't know what they've been cheated out of.

wii u launch
>haha suck it faggots nintendo is the only company who care about 1080p 60fps. OPTIMIZATION
wii u end of life
>XCX is optimized as FUCK. 720p 30fps its incredible how well they made it run.
>there's nothing wrong with 720p 30fps!
>Zelda is fine at 30fps, some games 60fps matters.

It's like looking at the other side of the sonyfag coin.

How does Nintendo gets away with making shit consoles?

Because the games are good. This has always been the case

>Oh shit man I can't think of an actual counter argument
>Ah I got it I'll respond with a nintendo wojak that'll show him
Tough first week here newfag?

First off where did he mention BB again?

60 fps or bust.

most games on consoles don't run on a stable 60fps therefore "it doesn't matter"
low standards too

Why are you so salty? Two wrongs don't make a right, shit is still shit user. There, happy?

Poor optimization. XCX runs like smooth butter:
youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk

>bloodborne drops into the teens
youtube.com/watch?v=K6jxhgMteB4
when?

Doesn't need too, the only people who hate on the switch are sonyggers. Pcucks are too busy not caring and xbots don't even talk.
>Two wrongs don't make a right
Underage

If you've ever played at 60 FPS it's hard to go back.

I mean, it's such a quality difference, no matter the game.

I would always sacrifice whatever graphics I could to get at least 60 fps.

Any PC game ever, nobody plays it at max settings if they have to sacrifice their framerate to do so, unless they're taking a fucking still frame.

Where is that argument now bud? I'm 22 but try again. I didn't say bloodborne was good, I just said that zelda running sub 30fps is garbage.

buttery smooth 720p 30fps.
this is for the ga- oh wait a second wrong slogan.

Not going to go to the part where it gets to 17 but here is a 20 for your troubles

>Bloodborne

Who cares about that fucking irrelevant game, no one plays it, even Splatoon doubled its sales, fuck off.

>bud
>I'm 22 guys pinky promise

>Not going to go to the part where it gets to 17
so 20 was the lowest you could find huh

30fps is a luxury, but there's really no reason every game needs to hit that mark. Games are perfectly playable all the way down to 17fps. I mean look at Ocarina of Time, that game maxes out at about 23fps, and nobody complained about that.

>Haven't had coffee yet and too lazy to search a digitalshillry video
>Gives 20 shekels and gets stingy
Be grateful you schmuck

>no enemies on screen
>20fps

>Still no actual retort.
Come back when you have something of value.

This

Ok when Nintendo does it

>Gives retort
>Nah that's not what I wanted
Go back to funnyjunk fuccboi

So this is the power...

2007 called, it wants its trees back.

>Sub-30 fps
Oh, it's a spiritual successor to Ocarina of Time.

>thread about FPS on Nintendo
>devolves into sony boogieman and deflections
Pottery.
I'm sorry Nintendrones, but "Sony does it too!" is not a valid argument for your games' shitty performance.

20 is embarrassing enough.

Trees are a renewable resource. Those trees from 2007 are still perfectly good today.

>gets the same framerate as bloodborne and isn't even out yet
Looks good to me

Why is a game that isn't even released being singled out for frame rate drops when every game since the PS2/Game Cube era suffers from frame rate issues?

Explain to me why this game has to be a certain FPS when OoT, The Greatest and Most Influential Game of Video Game Historyâ„¢ was locked to 20 FPS.

Pro Tip: You FUCKING can't

Zelda fans have always been too pleb to care about fps

>20fps NTSC and 17 PAL

Same with Majora's Mask

Because it's a new, big hitter. It's very relevant to discuss.

Because that game was released almost 20 years ago, before Sup Forums was even a thing.

If you'd release OoT now, people would also complain that it runs like ass.

Why does this game look worse than a game of the same franchise from three generations before it?

>not enemies on screen
>let ignore that all the tall grass has to be real time rendered as it swing with the wind and you can interact with it when you burn it to create rising currents
Blodborn most of the environment are static objects, they load once and are there. you cant interact in any way.
BotW even the grass chugs out processing power for the engine

Because one of those embraced easy to render cartoon graphics.

But somehow it's fine when overly anticipated games such as Skyrim or Fallout are breaching 15fps for minutes at a time on "superior" consoles but a frame rate drop to 20fps for a brief moment is worthy of making, not one, but about 1000+ since BotW's reveal?

Maybe because OoT was one of the most ambitious games ever made at its time and Breath of the Wild is opposite of that, playing with the safe open world genre in the blandest way possible for a 2017 release?

I have heard rumors and videos presenting everywhere from 30 to 60 with no real confirmation other than bullshots in both directions. Which one is it? Why is Sup Forums pulling this shit again?

>But somehow it's fine when overly anticipated games such as Skyrim or Fallout are breaching 15fps for minutes at a time
No, it's not. Please don't try building a strawman, m8.

woah... amazing....

Shit looks like a PC game on it's lowest settings. Jesus Christ.

Because you are cherry picking the shots.

Show me a single shot where Wind Waker looks worse than BotW, I'll wait.

Playstation 3 happened
Playstation 4 made sub-30-fps pretty much standart

>Muh Sony!

Nintoddlers, everyone.

Every time.

>3D Zelda
>anything above 30fps
lol no

Who else is hating on the switch if not sonyggers

Nice assumptions you've got going on there Nintoddler.

still looks better than any PC game in the last 5 years

I blame casuals and "muh cinematic experience" but then PS4 exists with all that trash. No idea about the PS3 because I entirely ignored that generation.

Seriously, when I played MHGen I didn't care about the 30 FPS lock, but as soon as I started a new character on MH4U to play with a new friend it felt amazing, silky smooth 60 fps.

Here is your Wind Waker

and here is your Breath of the Wild. I'm sure you will continue to bitch anyway.

>devs are lazy fucks who make shit ports
>blame PC
>assume all ports are shit
(You)

What are you trying to convey with those two screenshots? Wind Waker looks better than BotW in those screenshots too. Look at the colors in the first pic, the clear visuals, while the bottom pic is colorless and soulless.

I don't even own a single nintendo system
I'm a pcuck

Sure you are.

worst part being it will get 9s and 10s all over the place because its a zelda and anyone who doesnt give it a supergood score its going to get eaten alive by nintendrones

>Implying they don't both do that

this game is a fucking potato but the nintendo autists will eat it up because "muh zelda"

Any way you want me to prove it?

totally lost it

Prove you don't own a Nintendo console? Like what? Take a picture of your fucking living room? Your "muh sony" deflections are evidence enough you're a fanboy.

>muh colors

It's a cartoony artstyle with little to no shading and details. It can work for some games but saying that it looks better than this is just fucking stupid.

I understand if you prefer one artstyle, but don't act like your wierd personal preference is universal.

>so 20 was the lowest you could find huh
holy shit man, are you really fine with 20 fps in the current gen?

The original user you were responding to about muh sony wasn't me
I was just backing him up on his accusation. It's pretty obvious it's only sonyggers who are bashing the switch. Pcucks don't care and xbots don't show their faces much

It's not OK except for console-only cucks.

why is it the consoles fault?
COD has always pushed for 60fps, it's just shitty developers

why is everything so foggy?

>Zelda privilege
If only this weren't true

This

>Cod has always pushed for 60fps
And rarely meet a stable 60 outside of their tiny multiplayer maps, not to mention cod just looks like shit so it's easy after they've been using the exact same engine for 10 years

it's fine when nintendo does it

>It's fine when nintendo does it XDDD
except the large majority of this thread is shitting on the framerate. It's clearly NOT ok when nintendo does it

Anyone who isn't a Nintendo manchild.

>Zelda fans have always been too pleb to care about fps
>20fps NTSC and 17 PAL
PAL regions (not just Europe) simply bought PlayStation and ignored Nintendo franchises completely. At least there you got 25 fps.
Nintendo hasn't recovered from the N64 blunder since then. Outside America and Japan it's pretty irrelevant up to the point where stores don't stock Nintendo shit anymore.
The Wii fluke also primarily happened in America.

How do you figure out frame rate from Youtube videos?

>sub 30fps is ok now
OOT happened

>Anyone who isn't a nintendo manchild
You mean anyone who is an insecure retard who is actually threatened by a handheld for casuals

AKA-Sonyggers

I love to complain!

Shhh, user. Don't ruin it.

Nobody asked you Charles

>Playstation 3 happened
Many early PS3 exclusive titles support 60 fps. Of course, they almost look like PS2 titles.
>Playstation 4 made sub-30-fps pretty much standart
Remasters/ports are 60 fps usually.
It's just that late into the lifecycle you usually end up with 30 fps on 600p/900p.
But Nintendo launched with it. So expect 15 fps in mobile mode near its EOL.

Sonyggers go away