Will it flop?

Will it flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LpV5X4f9kXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It'll flop about as hard as this thread.

I hope not.
I really wanna see the mind games this could create at a professional level.
Plus, Ribbon Girl is a QT

>New IP
>Launch game
>Right after WiiU

Almost certainly, but it may gain traction over time. It should have been a pack in game, or released in the summer before Spla2n.

I think it will do fine, if they market it right

ARMS could probably stand on its own. It's 1 2 Switch that should have been included (even though I think it shouldn't have been made at all).

Definitely, and this is coming from someone who thinks it looks neat. It's essentially just a tweaked boxing game from Wii Sports. It might have done well for $20, but they're selling it at full price.

It only needs a direct.

I think it's missing something. It doesn't have the super simplicity of Punchout or the complexity of a fighting game. It's just kind of sat in the middle where button bashing/wagglan mentally will be the gameplay.

no amount of marketing can save it if the switch is another wii u.

besides the fgc is a hard crowd to gain traction in.

youtube.com/watch?v=LpV5X4f9kXc

If it sells above 200k I will eat a bag of dicks and crows

With paid online?

Yes

>Xenoblade 2 that low
>fucking FE warriors witch will not have info until tomorrow has more
NANI?!

>What is splatoon

You better post a .webm

I can see what they were thinking with this: making the "new splatoon" characters are there, gameplay might be interesting too, but they really are marketing it wrong as the focus is on the console itself

Looks like a good fun enough game.
But you'll have to shell 80 bucks for another pair of Joycons if you want to play it in 2.
Will probably sell decently, nothing exceptional.

This

xenoblade is a weeb game on the level of neptunia and senran kagura

It's literally Pokken. What a shame.

Remove the block shield, add overhead swings and uppcercuts, then add a low/high/mid stance for bloxking and we'll talk.

>nintendo
>marketing
damn nigga thats a good joke

>Wii Boxing
It really isn't.

user, splatoon...

Splatoon got tons of it

ProJared said there's more involved to the gameplay and depth than what they were able to show on the stage.

Probably. It might be getting released too early in the Switch's lifecycle where most potential buyers are going to play the waiting game until Mario Odyssey comes out or when Smash is announced.

No

Between the dev interviews and the treehouse stream it's clear that the game is being made to have competitive depth.
Whatver it will succeed I dunno.

Pokken was just a cash grab because "lol Pokémon fighting game"

Even wonderful 101 did that.

Not sure about codename steam though.

Not matter what you said, this game will sell, why? because normies will not confused the switch as "another wii model", that is what killed the wiiU in first place.

>people still cannot see anything even remotely related to splatoon without spouting "YOU'RE A KID NOW YOU'RE A SQUID NOW"
I hate that fucking commercial so much.

But the commercial did its job, normies ate it up.

>One of four-ish launch titles of a $300 console with paid online and waggle controls
>A fighting game with waggle controls, full stop
Doubtful. Nobody with an ounce of sense would get a Switch on launch AND buy what appears to be a fancier version stand-alone wii boxing for $60; plus (if it ever happens), by the time the Switch has enough titles to be worth buying, there'll probably be a better fighting game on the Switch.

As pessimistic as I an toward the Switch and Nintendo as a whole, I do like this IP, though. I give them pretty big props on making a unique IP instead of latching it onto another series like Punch Out, like what they did with Federation Force and Metroid.

AND FUCKING AMPUTEES FUCK YES GOD DAMN I NEED MORE OF THIS IP THANK YOU SO MUCH NINTENDO

There's definitely excitement for it but it might be too close from reveal to launch that not enough hype will be built. It's a competitive fighting game though so it might have legs. If Nintendo is smart they'd have a lot of post-launch support.

It won't flop it'll retract

user, you don't know the normies.
Literally the only reason why they didn't bought the WiiU is because they though it was a naother wii model.

>motion-controlled handheld game
Yes.

i tried it is super fucking good

I don't get it.

It might flop, but my penis won't

Pokken has competitive depth too, though.

But why would they buy a $300 tablet with $60 games when they can buy one for like $100 that has infinite free games on it?

Pokken had competitive depth, problem was that it released on a dying console that already was a flop and with a lacking post-release support.

A CUTE

I think he implies that you using "normies" in a non company war way or non-ironical way makes you someone from /r9k/, which is pretty autistic, I must say.

Zelda.

Shit, you're right.

I don't get why normies are so obsessed with Zelda. It's like Skyrim to them, they're just mystified by it as though it's some sort of amazing thing they NEED to like.

Zelda.

>It's like Skyrim to them
Speaking of which, the Switch has both portable open world Zelda and portable Skyrim.

The 25 and older segment of gamers grew up before brown mature shooters were the norm, so a good deal of people aren't put off by it not being greige western fantasy shooter 47 and have fond memories of it. For every Sup Forumsirgin are 10 normalfags who had the same experience, just aren't as fucking autistic about it.

Literally lego

It looks way too slow to be fun. If they made it much faster than it might be alright.

This theme was great.

Looks faster then Smash 4 and Pokken.