Seventy FUCKING dollars for an ugly-ass controller

>seventy FUCKING dollars for an ugly-ass controller
Has Nintendo gone completely INSANE? The Wii U pro controller looks a million times better than this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_HLB0boGeU&t=703s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The worst part is that they won't allow you to use your Wii U pro with it you HAVE to buy this to have an even semi comfy gaming experience.

Apparently the rumble and built-in waggal shit is very important.

Seems kinda small but how much are they asking?

just like the wii u tablet was very important
yet you can play with a regular controller

$30

Why don't they just make a normal console for once like the gamecube? That way it comes with normal controllers.

Do they really just always have to make some "revolution" that ends up being kinda obsolete after a few weeks?

Actually €30.

Not Splatoon, the only Wii U game worth putting more than 100 hours into.

Not only is it ugly but the materials are obviously dirt fucking cheap. Much cheaper than what it's competitors use. And not I'm not even justifying their $60 price tag. But that's just it. If they're overpriced what the fuck do3s that say about Nintendo's lazy excuse for a standard controller...?

Certainly makes Splatoon better.

I didn't like having to use the GamePad so having the tilt controls present in a regular controller is useful.

looks like 3rd party hori shit

Given the lack of power, if they had not gone waggle shit, again, and "HD" rumble then they could have easily included it in the original price tag. I like the portability but fuck all the other nonsense that isn't vital gaming and charging functionality.

That's exactly what it is, but Hori has good build quality compared to something like Mad Catz.

>xbox controller costs $130
>ps4 dualshock cost $50, but you need 2-3 new controllers every year due to shitty builds
>both controllers have less than 8 hour battery life

>nintendo premium controller lasts forever
>80 FUCKING HOURS of battery life
>superb build quality

but sure thing, Sup Forums, tell me again how the price is not worth it.

the anti-nintendo shilling from obvious paid sony and microsoft shills since the Switch release has been hilarious to witness.

>right analog stick underneath face buttons as god intended

nigga it's already worth quadruple what the Wii U Pro Controller was.

The elite isn't the standard bone controller stop cherry picking. Also I've had my same dualshock 4 for over 4 years now and it still works fine, albeit the battery life is kind of shit, but it always kind of was

>accuses anyone of anti-shilling
>doesn't list the default bone controller, just the premium one
Face it, Nintendo are being total kikes with the Switch.

Is it just me or do the face buttons seem abnormally large? Those things are like the size of dimes or some shit.

8/10 bait, newfags may acutually fall for this shit

Xenoblade X disagrees.

Xenoblade X is shit compared to the first one.

is that true? Source please

>take a more expensive, non standard controller for the sake of argument

Dualshock 4:
50 dollars for
>Less than a gaming session of battery life
>Unutilized trackpad that works like shit as a normal button
>Shitty layout
>Motion controls only present on Gravity Rush and the keyboard
>Lasts for 1 year and triggers stop working
>Lightbar that is too bright even on the "dim" setting

Switch Pro Controller:
20 dollars extra to fix all of above + a rumble that isn't on 100% at all times during cutscenes. Plus it's not even required

>b-but Sony

>The elite isn't the standard bone controller
Neither is the pro controller

Why?

>complaining about rumble
You kidding me?

>Less than a gaming session of battery life
at least you can charge them while playing :^)

Oh, you forgot the fact that it has two sets of shoulder buttons. Not analog triggers. One hundred currencies and it doesn't even have triggers.

This shit is completely untrue and pathetically bias. Are you a fucking child?

What do you want me to say about others? The Xbone controller is pretty good and doesn't have those problems. It also gives you the choice of using AA batteries so that you can still use it after the internal battery eventually dies

perfection has a cost

We are talking about the pro controller though. You can do that. You can also charge the joycons while playing, since they charge from the console itself.

You could buy a DS4.
Actually I'm fucking surprised the DS4 is expensive to my standards because its made with ridiculous cheap materials.

Apples and oranges. They're both great games, but they're way to different to compare them.

Bro, that HD rumble is worth it. How else are you even gonna play Zelda if you can't tell how many ice cubes are in Link's drink?

Why do you want more travel on your buttons?
>inb4 "I play racing games without holding it all the way down"

It's HD rumble, VERY EXPENSIVE.

Link can literally make ice cubes in this game, so it'll be a cool feature indeed.

Yes, nigga. How the fuck are you meant to properly drift without letting up on the trigger?

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT YOU RETARDS, THE SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER IS THE PREMIUM CONTROLLER, NO THE STANDARD ONE.

Extra L and R joycons cost $50.

>You can also charge the joycons while playing, since they charge from the console itself.
you cant charge the joy cons while playing unless you buy a separate charger
if you dont buy a separate charger, you have to plug them in the tablet, and put the tablet in the dock

>Extra L and R joycons cost $50.
that's the price of either left or right controller
if you want both it's $70

>drift
>implying a single good racing game has come out this generation
>implying the PS4 even has racing games

>$70
$90.

Joycons have a 20hour battery life. It's a non-issue.

>bu-but sony!!
The best racing game is SASRT because of its sick drift game, and that's PC. Sorry that I'm not your boogieman, but have fun with your downgrade XB1 controller with ice cubes inside!

The switch is drowning in bullshit. But the look of the pro controller is not one of the problems. It's sexy as fuck.

How do you expect to have a controller comparison thread if you don't compare controllers?

Which would have been better with analogue sticks. It's like the idiots who said Phantom Hourglasses's controls were better than conventional controls.

>PC
then play with a 360 controller dingus.

It's playable with sticks, most people agree that gyro aim is better though.

Best racing game to come out in the past five years is Fast Racing Neo and it's fine without triggers.

>Which would have been better with analogue sticks
You could play it with just analog sticks. It sucked ass because you couldn't turn at a decent rate or make fine adjustments.

Why didnt they just let you use the Wii U pro controller in the first place? That thing looks pretty much the same if it comes to button placement anyway.

Who cares hijo de puta?
You gonna buy anyway because you are a cucko locco.

Who the fuck wants to use a garbage ass controller where the buttons are on the bottom and the stick is on the top?

Because the GameCube was a commercial failure and the Wii is the most successful thing the company has ever done

Convex sticks and a retarded right stick placement.

that controller looks like the cheapest chinese piece of shit mad catz clone holy fuck nintendo is on drugs to charge $70 for that

>I've never held a Wii U Pro in my life

Convex is superior

>seventy FUCKING dollars for an ugly-ass controller
DS4 costs exactly the same here and the Xbone controller is 80. What the fuck are you complaining about?

NFC reader, HD rumble, and Motion controls are all in it. I'm not defending the price, but that may be the reason. Also assuming it has a ridiculous battery life like the wiii U pro controller.

If your thumbs are concave, sure.

>What the fuck are you complaining about?
Hiroshima not rangebanning all of Leafistan a long time ago.

turbo button xddd

I did actually, used it to 100% Bayonetta 1 and 2 and play Sm4sh.

I still fucking hate it and it flies in the face of every other analog controller ever made. Dualshock 1 2 3 4, all the Xbox controller, the Gamecube controller, the Wii Classic controller, all had the stick on the bottom and buttons up top.

Nintendo pointlessly moved it for the sake of INNOVASHUN and made playing games much more uncomfortable. thank god they've learned their lesson this time.

>its real

only if purple

Nintendo is pissing me off with their shitty controller experiments.

>Wii started gimmicky controllers no one wants to use
>You need a Wii Pro controller

>Wii U came out with shitty screen controller thats heavy and uncomfortable as fuck
>needs Wii U pro controller

>Switch comes out
>You AGAIN need a Pro controller if you just want to play your games comfortable

No one can tell me the assholes at Nintendo arent aware that their standard controllers are always shit and anyone who wants to play the games comfortable is forced to buy a Pro controller every gen.

Our mobile IPs are on and off rangebanned.

>dualshock

Both sticks on the bottom is fucking shit. Piss off.

>no red, green, blue and yellow buttons
DROPPED

>we're making overpriced trash because we want wagglan 1.5

This shit is dead on arrival

The Switch has a regular controller compared to the Wii and Wii U. You need to hold it before you say it's uncomfortable. Even the Wii U Gamepad was pretty comfy, and fucking nobody was expecting that.

it's at least better than having the right stick on the top.

that said the best analog controller was the N64

You're right. It's a secondary.
The main controller for the Switch costs $80 and not $70. Such a great deal!

just wait till the piece of shit goes on sale with a bundle you fucking morons.

>waah why is everything so expensive when we all willingly buy whatever garbage the industry shits out on day one without question?

fucking retards

>buy 5m usb cable for $5
>never have to worry about charge time again

>ps4 dualshock cost $50
how the fuck? they cost fucking 70 buckaroos here!

>Wahh, why are consoles stagnant? Why don't they innovate? Consoles are dying!
>Wahh, why did they innovate? Why didn't they just make a nintendo PS4! Fuck this new technology! I want outdated PCs!

Sup Forums

There's a picture of a person using the joycons in the plastic thing, his thumb is all tense when reaching the face buttons, doesn't look comfortable really. Wish I had the picture saced

>the anti-Nintendo shilling from obvious paid Sony and Microsoft shills since the Switch release has been hilarious to witness.

That, or the consumers that want more games than just Zelda at launch, to justify the ridiculous cost of the Switch.

>Joycons have a 20hour battery life. It's a non-issue.
So like 9 hours in reality?

>australia
That's why.

Literally nobody fucking asks for more fucking gimmicks. People were mad that the Wii U had that fucking tablet, people are mad that the joycons have fucking icecube simulators build in. Make fun games, not gimmicks that ruin good games like star fox.

Whats so wrong with the joycons in the grip?

>Extra L and R joycons cost $50.
you mean, the tiny little shits with miniature sticks and buttons ?

What is this ice cube controller shit they talk about? The controller becomes cold or what?

I live in europe though.

youtube.com/watch?v=J_HLB0boGeU&t=703s

>Not at all worth $80
>I wouldn't take it over an Xbox One controller or a Dualshock 4
>Better than the Wii U pro controller, but that thing just felt chintzy and bad
>It's the best controller Nintendo has made, but that's a pretty low bar

You fanboys man

As opposed to the Xbox line and PS line, where you had to use a new controller for new games?

>europe
That's why.