Japan disliked V3, they're calling out Kodaka on his shitty writing and offensive passive-aggressive meta commentary

>Japan disliked V3, they're calling out Kodaka on his shitty writing and offensive passive-aggressive meta commentary
>the west is slurping it up like the good drones they are and thinking Kodaka is a clever cookie for that

Really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/821150880397262848
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Japs have shit taste

So the west has even shittier taste? Good to know.

>ZTD was a dissapointement
>Steins Gate Zero was a mistake
>V3 is getting negative reception
At least Spirit of Justice was pretty good.

>ZTD was a dissapointement
>Steins Gate Zero was a mistake

I've tried to avoid spoilers for these but what is bad about them?

I want to fuck Junko.

ZTD basically explained nothing from what was left hanging in VLR, and the writer gave up and dismissed stuff in VLR as noncanon. Dropped plotlines left and right, and a very unsatisfying resolution. Game doesn't even have a finale, it just ends.

Nah, AA6 was disappointing too. Made me realize how stale the franchise is.

Don't worry I hate shitty meta commentary too Junko

DUDE YOU GOTTA REPLAY THE PROLOGUE TO FIND THE TRUTH

BEATRICE WAS ROSA THE WHOLE TIME!!!!

twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/821150880397262848

V3クリアした人も増えてますね。
おまけモードもいいですけど、プロローグをもう一度やり直したりすると、最初とはまた違ったトコに気付いて面白いと思います!色々見つけてください!

don't worry. NISA will fix the script :^)

>At least Spirit of Justice was pretty good.
Oh boy I sure do love "Apollo Wank: The Game".

B R A V O

K O D A K A

Please post some Junko lewds.

why

Everything involving Kagari was bad in Zero. They also wanted you to replay the true end of the first game instead of putting in an actual ending.

Because I would like to masturbate to them.

What's the meta commentary?

That's a very polite explanation.

Is Junko in this game? Was Kodaka lying when he said v3 was it's own thing?

Well when a game flat out insults its audience then they have the right to be mad.

They are comparing it to if Star Wars suddenly revealed that everything was fake, and the previous movies were just fictional stories inside of another movie. How would Star Wars fanboys feel?
Or telling a child at Disneyland "oh by the way son, that's just a man inside a costume. Take a look at the mouth closely and you might be able to see something!".

It makes everything feel weird, and plays with your emotions.
It's insulting to the fans that enjoyed everything up until now. "So everything I felt for the characters and story is all just a lie? What if I wanted to reply DR2 again? The thought that this is all just a game in V3 won't disappear and I can't see it the same way anymore"
They understand it's a fictional game in our world, but to be told everything in its own series was a lie after all this time is degrading for most of them. To make it worse, the cosplayer dressing up as the characters and mocking them and you leaves a bad taste. There was no need for Kodaka to involve HPA into this and no one can argue against that.

There is a theory that the cosplayer was lying, but it's unlikely as of yet, and even if she was it's still insulting and unnecessary, especially if you bought the Limited Edition box and wasted all that money just for this.

>Oh boy I sure do love "Apollo Wank: The Game".
I get that this is a DR thread and all and this is hard for you guys to do, but try looking at parts of the game beyond just the finale/ending.

Ask a question, get an answer.

Now please resume with the lewds.

>Nah, AA6 was disappointing too. Made me realize how stale the franchise is.

Dude, the franchise has been stale since AA3, even with the fucking investigations games. That doesn't stop AA6 from being a fucking great addition.

Spoil DR3 for me. What happened?

I just want a cool protagonist for once. Ending going full retard is DR 101 so that alone doesn't bother me if the cases are atleast good. Everything I've seen and heard about Saihara makes him sound pretty terrible though?

FUCK Because FUCK I FUCK would FUCK like FUCK to FUCK masturbate FUCK to FUCK them FUCK please?

He gets an innocent person executed in chapter 1.
He's worse than Naegi.

Ok just fucking spoil me. I don't wanna know the killers and stuff but just tell me what the fuck everyone is so mad about.

So far I've gathered that the first two games didn't actually happen? What does this mean though, like were they just movies or something? Does V3 actually happen? What's the story here?

In this universe, HPA saga are games like they are in our world and the ending mocks them and the viewers. That's the main reason why Japanese are mad, but there's also two other big reasons.

Junko IS danganronpa so she was in the game in some way
the cosplayer girl dresses up as her and pretends to be her. Danganronpa 1 and 2 are just video games in v3 and she is a junkofag.

What the fuck that's retarded

So does V3 actually happen?

What offensive commentary? I'm not very familiar with the series outside of a bit of the first game.

It's difficult to boil it down to one word...

>In this universe, HPA saga are games like they are in our world and the ending mocks them and the viewers.
and then the MC says that maybe this isn't true and that they really did happen
which in itself raises a bunch of questions about this game's plot if true

Basically he's telling us, the fans, are all dumb people for enjoying games about people killing each other, and that we should stop clinging to this franchise.

B-But Kodaka-san said there's deeper meaning in the prologue and what the unreliable detective said contradicts what the mastermind said. So there clearly MUST be more to this story that our simple-minded selves just can't understand.

that is some really shitty writing. wow. like the plot twist in star ocean 3 that send the franchise to the limbo. at least they can make v3 non-canon if the back slash is too much, right? RIGHT?

Isn't that pretty similar to what Kojima did with MGS2? Or is V3 more hamfisted about it?

They are fake too. The V3 characters' personalities and their backgrounds are all fabrications apparently (there's a small chance the cosplayer is lying again). It's metafiction bullshit, and the plot is similar to reality TV.
Really, Kodaka is basically saying "fuck off, thanks for the money over the years, but fuck yourself and this series you loved so much and spent so much time and money on"

You can find a copy of komaru and tokos game at some point so hpa most likely is just fiction in v3.

It served absolutely no purpose here with all the lies going on, was handled badly, and was just Kodaka's piss poor attempt to be "deep".

I'm actually ok with the reality show thing but I really don't like that everyone was a sociopathic asshole before having their entire personality rewritten.

I get that the point is that even though these characters are "fake", they're still dying, but it just makes me retroactively not give a shit about anyone.

I think Celeste is cute and she had my favorite motive for murder. Are there any characters similar to her?

Nobody has shittier taste than burgerfags.

Junko was the mastermind AGAIN even through V3 was suposed to be a reboot?
what happens to the mage girl? she is a qt

>otakus are mad that someone isn't catering to them and making fun of them

Who fucking cares, they're litterary the scum of the earth and the reason why both the anime and japanese game industry are so fucked

Don't bother trying to be contrarian for the hell of it user. The game itself sucks, irrespective of whether it "makes fun of otaku" or not. Shit protagonist, a good half of the cast sucks, most of the murder motives and methods suck too.

>junko is a perfect unattainable waifu in real life and in the v3 world

TFW you get an innocent person executed

She is one of the few survivors.

DR had shitty endings for two games in a row. A third shitty ending is not that surprising. I'm gonna play it for the cases, the murders and the trials. DR 1 and 2 had the best murder weapons I've ever read/seen in a detective novel the arrows without a bow in DR1 and the gravel in the swimsuit in 2 . I won't expect much from the chapter 6 and I'm pretty sure to enjoy it.

Looks like DRv4 will be set in Spike Chunsoft HQ

VLR was overrated though and a circus at times. It was already a letdown compared to 999. At least ZTD got back a bit of the serious tone with much less ass pull twists than VLR besides the whole Delta thing.

All in all, I really prefer ZTD over VLR.

Really makes me think

>Filthy Otakus are still somewhat better than your average weeb, more news at 11
Weebs bought #FE for fucks sake.

>gravel swimsuit
>best murder weapons I've ever read/seen in a detective novel

>>best murder weapons I've ever read/seen in a detective novel
Yes, because of how simple it is and yet, it can easily be hidden. The gravel in the fishball is clean and how can you think of a swimsuit for a blunt ? That's a great murder weapon.

>DR 1 and 2 had the best murder weapons I've ever read/seen in a detective novel the arrows without a bow in DR1 and the gravel in the swimsuit in 2

Maybe you said case 2-5, I could understand, but those cases were basic ass shit. Read more.

>Kodaka dies in chapter 1
>MC switch to CEO of SpikeCS
>Junko's somehow the mastermind despite not being real
>CEO of NISA blows himself up at the end for no real reason, takes out nothing in the process

The if you listen to Shuichi then it's still in the same world as the first 2 games and the mastermind lied about basically everything.

2-5 was convoluted as fuck. And could only be solved because of thevirtual reality twist. Without this particular setting, finding the culprit would be useless and would make the whole scene useless. 1-4 was a better case based on the same twist.

>The west is slurping it up

You mean the west that has literally no fucking idea about the story and are coming off the fantastic DR 1 and 2? No fucking shit retard

>Create a Virtual Novel which is basically a light novel in video game format so the story and writing is fucking important
>Don't actually write a good story

why

>the west is slurping it up like the good drones they are and thinking Kodaka is a clever cookie for that
there's a reason this shit is called "entry-level weeb bait" you know

The problem is the ending answers virtually no questions while creating a ton of new questions. It feels episodic. Mastermind said one thing, and Shuichi thinks everything Mastermind said was a lie. You never find out most of these things for certain. Though the prologue tips things in Shuichi's favor.

You're just gonna love shitguji in DRV3 user.

>are coming off the fantastic DR 1 and 2?
Lol

You know why

Junko is real in our hearts

>the fantastic DR 1 and 2
Oh you

>blows himself up at the end for no real reason, takes out nothing in the process
DELET THIS

He's already working on a light novel called V1

A Mukuro novel? Finally something good.

Sounds like the first killing game Amami was in. Prequel to V3.

It's shit.

>convoluted
Sure, but it was hands down the best case in the series.

>And could only be solved because of thevirtual reality twist
But that's wrong. Chiaki was the traitor and even though Komaeda wanted her to live and everyone else to die, his luck is what made her the killer. The virtual reality didn't start up til the beginning of 2-6

>Mukuro novel
>Good
Do you not remember IF

Is the robot cute in the game?

V in the title means 5, V3 means season 53 of the killing game. V1 would be season 51 of the killing game.

>But that's wrong. Chiaki was the traitor and even though Komaeda wanted her to live and everyone else to die, his luck is what made her the killer. The virtual reality didn't start up til the beginning of 2-6

In a normal case with no supernatural witness to pinpoint who has thrown the poisonous bottle, there would not be a single killer but several killers. The "not exactly a suicide" thing is a semantic problem. He commited suicide.

Also Komaeda wanted to spare Chiaki because he knew about his future self and others' ones. His luck failed him in his death actually.

>supernatural witness
But there isn't any supernatural witness. The witnesses are the cameras.

Also even though he luck failed to get them killed, because of it, it lead to them finding hope, and that's what he really wanted.

Butthurt cucks can't handle that HPA saga is fiction in v3 when that doesn't even mean anything and v3 is genuinely a good game and return to form after several misses.
Dr2>Drv3>Dr1>>rest

A masterpiece compared to DR3 and V3.

It's V1. Meaning it's probably going to be about Amami.

Fuck off, Kodaka

I'd rather have an Amami novel then another shitty Mukuro novel on shitty Mukuro.

The only mystery in this case is Komaeda's motive. The suicide is quite obvious from the start because of the blood in his hand. And his motives are tied to the book found during the 2-4 case you know nothing of.

2-5 was well executed, but felt quite underwhelming to me. And the "we need a culprit" bit was unneeded, Chiaki died because the story needed Chiaki to die at some point.

Exactly. Really not hard to figure out. V3 is the 53rd killing game and V1 is the 51st killing game meaning it's Rantaro's first killing game.

This.

>spotted the retarded Mukurofag

The "It's shit" is legit though.

Nah its not. Cry more Mukurofag.

Kodaka is a terrible writer, user.
Not even the DoD writer is this bad.

So what's the solution to the zodiac safe in chapter 6? I tried looking up the solution myself and all I got was spoilers

Nah Kodaka is an amazing writer.

lmao

I want to protect that smile.

Me too.

>AA won by being mediocre instead of shit

Just like modern Nintendo.