Nostalgia Sup Forums/all of text

>browse Sup Forums for pretty much 10 years now
>feel more and more disconnected to you guys every day

I... I just don't know anymore.

I'm 30 years old and the last console I had was the original Playstation in 1998. I got it for my birthday and had plundered my piggy bank to buy a small TV the same week.
Eventually I built a PC and from then on, it was CounterStrike, Morrowind and Baldur's Gate games. That was my youth and what I spent my best years on.

Around 2002 I got internet and found Sup Forums, eventually Sup Forums. Does anyone remember the Hal Turner raids and the Habbo Hotel shit? Thats when I got here

Back then, Sup Forums was full of shut ins, people complaining about how shit Oblivion was and that steam would be dead within a year, because who would ever buy games and keys if they couldn't physically hold them in their hands?

Now I feel like Director Skinner from the Simpsons, getting more out of touch with you guys every day. It's console shit everywhere, anime girls that apparently belong to new japanese games I never played or heard about, the 15th call of duty is getting released and people shit on Skyrim because it's popular when before release, they were jacking themselves off to every new screenshot that got released.

People on this board were arguing for hours if somebody made an illogical statement or incorrect argument about game XY, now this board is full of MAGA hat wearing retards jacking off to Sup Forums tier Trump shit, posting the hilarious christian imageboard meme and thinking they're the pinnacle of witty internet humor.

I know that 30 is that age where you should stop caring about what people on the internet say, but this place has become somewhat of my 2nd home over the course of my late youth and I hate to see what it is now.
You guys don't listen to each other's arguments, you just keep shitting on opinions that differ from your own because you have become too uninterest and, frankly, too lazy to even engage in them. Sad!

cuck

Nigga I've been here for 10 years too and console wars have easily been around since the PS3 and 360 days. You're just looking at things with rose tinted glasses because you think things were better during your days.
Stop whining and accept that things change, laterally more often than not, and you need to accept that fact.

Go play some fucking visual entertainmentS

>Sup Forums was full of people complaining about how shit Game was and that Company would be dead within a year
>Feel more and more disconnected to you guys

yeah, no. console ware were moderated, and words like "nintendrones" used to get you auto banned. The fucking rampant, rabbid open physical hatred wasn't tolerated like it is today. At best you had a few drawings and file names, not the organized "look at this tweet, you lost" hourly shitpost you do all day now.

Are you crazy? Have you forgotten PS3 has no games and giant enemy crab? What was that exactly, jovial friendposting?
Fuck off outta here

I feel you OP. I've been here for 8 years. This board no longer has any of the traits I started browsing it for in the first place. It's basically what reddit was when everyone started the anti-reddit shit before literally every human was on reddit, just without the godawful upvote shit.

If there was a new site to migrate to that wasn't retarded as fuck I'd go there in a heartbeat. Sup Forums's long-dead.

>Back then, Sup Forums was full of shut ins, people complaining about how shit Oblivion was and that steam would be dead within a year, because who would ever buy games and keys if they couldn't physically hold them in their hands?
>Now I feel like Director Skinner from the Simpsons, getting more out of touch with you guys every day. It's console shit everywhere, anime girls that apparently belong to new japanese games I never played or heard about, the 15th call of duty is getting released and people shit on Skyrim because it's popular when before release, they were jacking themselves off to every new screenshot that got released.

translation:
>back in the good old days, Sup Forums was full of edgy contrarians who shit on everything that was popular at the time! top quality community full of conoisseurs with good taste!
>but now the newfags are here, and suddenly Sup Forums is full of edgy contrarians who shit on everything that is popular! fucking garbage community full of underage retards with shit taste!

feel free to visit an archive and read through all the cringeworthy garbage people posted on this board 10 years ago if you don't believe me

>Have you forgotten PS3 has no games and giant enemy crab?
none of these were open hate shit like the current anti nintendo djihad. giant enemy crab was a quote that stayed funny like 2 weeks. PS3 had no exclusive games worth shit for like 5 years out of it's 10 years of life, it literally lasted longer than the wiiU's or PS4's whole existence.

It's still not open hate nowadays, it's just that shitposting has changed. Learn to understand that and stop thinking it's malicious.

OP is right this board sucks

99% of threads are either about consoles or whichever AAA game came out last. I just want out of this normie hell.

OP you should learn how to setup filters, this is how this thread looks when filtered properly

You were not here during the older days, and you're lying about being here for so long.

Sup Forums was never good. This isn't a meme, or a shitpost. The statement of "___ was never good" is a perpetually accurate statement for any Sup Forums board.

When you come to Sup Forums, it's easy to get lost in the idea of "it's the best place to discuss stuff because it's not censored". The idea that any time an argument doesn't go your way, there's an idealized "golden age of discussion" you can refer back to. And it's a fucking lie.

There was no "golden age" of Sup Forums, much less Sup Forums. Go back to 6 years from now in the unveiling of Skyrim and it was nothing but shitposting threads about mountains. Go back even further and it was repeating CWC/TGT threads. Even further before that, console wars dominated the board.

Discussions never changed in quality. This year it's "not an argument", last year it was "goalposts", 4 years ago it was throwing out fallacies you read in an infographic, and before that it was grammar attacking.

Sup Forums has never been a good place to talk about anything. Your continued revisiting of the website is an addiction. You are addicted to the form of online, consequence-free interaction it offers you. You are addicted to the satisfaction of calling someone a nigger when you lose an argument and knowing you can't be banned for it. You are addicted to the marginalization of entire demographics that you disagree with that you can criticize freely over the internet in an echo chamber that currently, and always has, praised ignorance-fueled rants over thought-out forum.

You are a drug addict that doesn't realize he's shooting himself with heroine because he's around 10,000 addicts. You are trapped in the sad belief that you're preferred site of discussion is superior because you can say nigger. And despite every screencap, every story, every archive suggesting otherwise, you continue to believe Sup Forums is a good website.

Because you are an idiot.

Too many casuals

This, folded over 1 million times.

I don't know where this myth of Sup Forums being good originates from. Maybe it's a result of all the 2008 "legion" shitters growing up and looking at the board with rose-tinted glasses, but it was always bad. You come to Sup Forums because discussion is unbridled; that doesn't always mean good.

This user pretty much has it spot-on
The telltale sign of a newfag is when he claims that Sup Forums used to be good
It's practically a rule

>browse Sup Forums for pretty much 10 years now
>2002 found Sup Forums

what did he mean by this?

Not OP.

I don't claim it was ever good but its better than it was. And I don't mean better as in "a good place to have intelligent discussions about video games". More OC, more raids and shit, less corporate cock gobbling etc.

I've been here since 2010, since I remember Operation Overlord pretty vividly, but didn't really start browsing every day till about 2012.
I think one of the main reasons for this sites 'downfall' is the lack of lurk more.
inb4 >2012 >good
I didn't start posting until I lurked for probably a year and a half. I think if we pushed this again the website quality would improve pretty decently.

>website quality
>improving any time within the next decade