The end of Archie Sonic could be near

>Bleeding Cool reports that the option to subscribe to Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog comic has disappeared from their online storefront. If that doesn’t send a chill down the spines of comic fans, the next part will: in addition to no longer being able to subscribe to Archie’s Sonic book, Archie has replaced this year’s Free Comic Book Day issue of Sonic the Hedgehog with a Riverdale book meant to cross-promote the upcoming Archie television series of the same name. It will be the first time in 9 years that Sonic will miss Free Comic Book Day.

>In 2010, former Archie Sonic writer Ken Penders filed lawsuits against Archie Comics and related parties for their use of characters he was claiming ownership of. Penders had created many characters during his decade-long run on Sonic, and utilizing an uncommon loophole with Archie’s contracts (or apparent lack thereof), began asserting ownership over these characters with the intent on publishing his own books, continuing the stories he began while at Archie. Penders has since announced additional plans for more than just graphic novels, including film and animation. Similar claims were made for Ken Penders’ The Lost Ones series, which only ever had one issue published by Image Comics in addition to the trailer for a feature film.

>Since then, Penders has turned his quest to claim ownership of his Archie characters in to what’s beginning to look like a personal vendetta, alerting other writers of this loophole and helping them launch similar lawsuits against the publisher.

>Rumors have swirled around the future of the Sonic series in the wake of these events. Archie appears to be in a bit of financial trouble themselves, launching (and then canceling) a Kickstarter intended to raise more funds to help publish all of their books. Since prematurely ending that Kickstarter, multiple series have been canceled or gone on permanent hiatus, including the critically acclaimed Mega Man comic series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCkU49xDlBE
youtu.be/pIc545Xz14U?t=82
youtube.com/watch?v=aO_z2nO3ByM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a shame because the comics have been better than the games for years

lol look at all that sperm

>Ken Penders
Sonic and autism man..sonic and autism.

You!?!

why is there so much orange soda on sonic

Explain that image, now

It's all in his eye too

>Archie getting rid of the only thing keeping the company afloat

Yeah, no. They're probably just trying to push Archie more this time around since the reboot failed miserably. But I doubt they're getting rid of it, I'm going to need an actual confirmation first.

People have called Archie's customer service throughout the day concerning the take down of preorders and they basically had no comment.

Not categorically denying a cancellation is a bad sign.

youtube.com/watch?v=kCkU49xDlBE

F

Mario and Sonic are the main characters of video games. This image made me realize it. The Megamix manga is better than Archie Megaman. I want the Mega Mix guy to write a Mario/Sonic crossover manga.

It would almost be worth ending the comic and having SEGA re-licensing it to another company just so Ken Penders doesn't have a single dirty fingernail in the new comic. He'd stop getting any kind of royalties from reprints and have zero leverage with trying to get his characters back in.

It would also make his "Lara-Su Chronicles" even more irrelevant given the source material it's unofficially spinning off from would be defunct.

>I'm going to need an actual confirmation first.

You'll never get one.

Mega Man is still officially on hiatus for instance.

If Sega yanks the license then Archie can't do shit. Shame too, comics are good.

>Megamix manga
Was it any good? I was always interested in it.

It's rain.
I think...

>the neon joycons even remind you of mario and sonic
w-woah. really jogs the nog

>implying anything post-reboot has made the comic worth continuing anymore

First, fuck Ken Penders.
Second, who will Sega give the comic license to next? IDW?

If we even get another comic, but yeah, a clean cut from the Penders bullshit would be the upside.

The reboot was supposed to do that but those retards at Archie just had to go reprint shit. It's baffling how dumb that company is.

>Sonic/The dreaded crossover

The new Egg bosses are great, as was the Sonic Fighters arc and a few of the Universe arcs. I'd have liked to see what they would have done beyond the Unleashed arc at least.

I imagine SEGA would re-license. They love Sonic merch and the comic has been successful for over 20 years.

Sally's midriff

IDW or Oni would be my picks, preferably IDW.

It's one of the better Rockman manga. It's worth a read.

Yes, it's good not great. It's easily one of the best adaptations of a video game in a different medium even though that isn't saying much. Much better than the MMX and Zero manga. Ariga also made some good pokemon designs and is writing the script for the upcoming Klonoa movie.

I once found this cover in a Exhentai sonic gallery

Thanks anons. I'll check it out then.

They've been really cool with Sonic shit lately. Uncharacteristically cool, so maybe.

They should at least wait until Sonic: Mega Drive ends if they do decide to can it.

That's the final issue.

>Rockman X manga

Man those things were weird sometimes. Like Marti the mermaid-robot love-interest for X. It had some neat stuff though, like the X4 manga's version of the Ultimate Armor being 'X is in insane 'I will kill everything in Repliforce' mode'.

I know.
Even if it's finished, I guess they could just decide to not publish it.

i guess thats one way to see the babies coming.....

That's the image that put Archie in SEGA's shitlist.

>that one thread where Anons could not stop responding to that image because of how awkward it look

Guess that likely means the end of that. didn't expect that so soon

>Mega Man is still officially on hiatus for instance.
I guess they didn't want to officially cancel him again. even if they did. Poor Rock

Oh man. So it's come to this.

Pics?

Well it's how the comics got good, and SEGA laid down the laws of the land. Rule 1: Sonic doesn't fucking cry.

>Ken
>Penders
Did he even come up with anything other than Knuckles knockoffs?

>Alone
God, he's pathetic.

>That's the image that put Archie in SEGA's shitlist.
Except it's not. Stop falling for lies.

That wont stop him. As soon as the new continuity starts introducing non-SEGA characters he's going to start crying plagiarism.

>"That character is wearing shoes! MY characters wear shoes! Gib royalties plox"

If the company they give the comic to doesn't file their paperwork like fucking chimps he won't be able to do anything.

Sonic looks like he's covered in cum

>One last ride

Please.

underrated kek

It already is defunct. The series was rebooted three years ago, taking everything Penders (and many other writers) ever wrote out of the equation.

Isn't Penders the massive faggot that did the mammoth mogul thing? The one where Tails turns into a sasquatch because it's his destiny or something.

Except that's wrong.

That won't stop him.

We're talking about a guy that wanted to go after Sega and EA for Chronicles simply because it had ancient enchiladas. This is the same guy who claims that an alternate universe Sonic named EVIL SONIC, a ROBOT VERSION OF ROBOTNIK and FUTURE KNUCKLES are his original creations to own.

>I want the Mega Mix guy to write a Mario/Sonic crossover manga.
let him finish that klonoa movie first

Sure he did.
He came up with a Robotnik knockoff: Robo Robotnik.

>babies coming
kek

no. as dumb as that was, that actually wasn't penders.

But he's also no threat to a half competent company. He shouldn't have been a threat to Archie.

And nothing of value was lost.

Go read your TMNT Boco.

what was the Lost ones even about?

Can an Archie Marino save them?

No. If Boco reads TMNT the universe might cancel it simply to prevent Boco from having any shred of enjoyment in his meaningless existence.

shut the fuck up boco, you're fucking trash

youtu.be/pIc545Xz14U?t=82

Already did. Stuck waiting until Universe #6 comes out tomorrow. Woo, Wyrm.

who was it that betrayed him?

Ken did nothing wrong. Pls stop bullying.

No, Archie couldn't get Mega Man X off the ground much less Command Mission.

I thought you liked the comics.

Wasn't that next week? I thought issue 67 was this week. Man, I need to get to the comic shop.

Archie sucks dick. Terrible series.

cccccccccccccccccccccccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

Geoffrey St. John.

If you don't know who that is good, there is hope for you yet.

kek

There's no way Archie decided this themselves, that's true. But it's very possible Sega pulled the license after getting shit of all the lawsuit bullshit, in which case Archie would have no say in the matter.

They're just okay. For what its worth, they made me not hate Silver anymore.

But if it means we can finally bury SatAM and its shit characters, then let it end.

He hates anything SatAM, Boom, or AoStH related

Universe 6 this week, 67 next week.

Assuming Diamond doesn't fuck us over. Again.

Sonic is betrayed by a knockoff James Bond OC introduced by a previous writer. The fans hated him so much that he was turned into a bad guy, starting with him betraying Sonic.

Why did nobody call him out on using a Knuckles design from the OVA?

I have no idea who that is. I've never read these comics so I'm not sure why I even asked t bh.

Hey, I loved AoStH. Its exactly what a Sonic cartoon should be, tone-wise.

Afterlife with Archie Volume 2: Betty: R.I.P., is never going to happen

Oh.

>AoStH
Now that's one step too far. I loved the fuck out of that show.

Not just the OVA. Thats a straight reprint of a panel from the Archie comic. As in, thats Knuckles, a character copyrighted and owned by Sega.

Fuck, they pushed it back. I can only get to the comic shop once a month or so. Will probably go next week then. Still haven't gotten Universe 5. Oh well.

>Sally
>clothes
delete this

live with it

Panders is such a Farquad.

youtube.com/watch?v=aO_z2nO3ByM

>Best boy will never EVER be back
Fuck Penders

best boy is Snively

this doesn't look like knuckles though

Well I saw that they called him out on the Knuckles picture, but he argued it was a design and sketch he made. But the hat design was Knuckles' design for the OVA first, so his defense would be null, yes?

Absolutely null, yes.

Amazed no one sent it to Sega yet.