>Stresses out the whole party
>Dude PARANOIA LMAO
>Dies of heart attack as RNG gods give enemy non stop crits

Ok but when does this game get fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUeeFybkRxA
darkestdungeon.com/radiant-mode-dev-update
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Turn based games generally aren't that fun. They're more addictive.

>not just closing the game, getting a refund, and jerking off to Plague Doctor

>Ok but when does this game get fun?
when you get good trinkets and stop treating your adventurers like someone important

Pretty much this, those fuckers gonna die

It's obvious that you didn't remind yourself

>When you getting non stop crits and got them perfect trinkets

>Sup Forums tells me to put torches in these sculpture things
>do so
>a boss monster pops out and wipes my best squad

and that's when I uninstalled

>>a boss monster pops out and wipes my best squad
>my best squad

you wouldnt finish the game anyway

>When he doesn't retreat.

>shambler destroys best heroes
Hahaha

I was deep in a dungeon with barely any health, not my fault I trusted in Sup Forums to not be assholes for once

maybe you should stick to undertale or skyrim not every games made for casuals

Fire up Cheatengine and give yourself 999,999,999 gold and max your buildings, even then it will get fucking tedious pretty fast

Is this the new hot meme?

>put torch into thing that says "put torch here to get assraped"
>get assraped
>stupid game I don't even like it anyway
idiot

at least you didn't say call of duty.

>The sacrifice of fire is the gate to ruin! Place a torch if you crave the void!

It gets somewhat fun once you learn some proper strategies and get good trinkets.
Then it gets insanely repetitive and you stop playing.

The game gets tedious when you remove progression? oh gee who would have thought

Just get good at RNG, i got this character when playing the biggest RNG simulator on Steam, i still don't know what the Gods were thinking.

its 7/10 43/50 8/10 9/10 and 10/10 stats?

No, this game works different, all stats max at 50 i think but you need to be really really lucky if you want to be the jack of all trades in ck2 thanks to the RNG, you can't choose your characters traits, they are gained by your life choices, genetics or during your childhood. The 43 martial on that character is the impressive thing because most chars only get like 17 or 20.

thank you for explanation

>I'm in a sticky situation, better take a huge risk and do something that a bunch of untrustworthy individuals on the internet told me to :)

>The description is literally "place torch here for death"
>Wooow how did I die?

No problem mate. I have a thread related question now, i still haven't played Darkest Dungeon, how is it?

kek barely manage to retreat when i did this
thankfully i manage to save my dream team

Good art, setting, atmosphere.

If you like turn based games I'd recommend giving it a go.

Here's a quick start guide

what's the blood drop mean? hemophiliac?

meh using a guide isn't fun just play a little you will quickly notice whitch layout is efficient and which is't

Fuck off normie faggot

nice guide i read it all but im somewhat with this guy i like spending hours or days figuring out stupid shit i should have figured out on day one

This game has some minor bullshit I dislike but, sadly, there's no mod to correct them.
Seriously, why should healing and destressing facilities charge more from higher resolved heroes? That doesn't make any sense!

Then I open modding sites and can only find faggy ass content of new clothes, stupid self-insert weaboo crap and such. Best and only decent mod I could find is the one that cuts the resolve restriction to enter expedictions (another dumbass feature). Oh, and the one that doesn't rip you off on provisions you didn't use (only 10% refund? What were the DEVs smoking?).

>I found mods that change cosmetic shit but no mods that make the game easier!

Thank god for that you scrub.

>Ok but when does this game get fun?
If you EVER ask yourself this in any game, the answer is never.

>he thinks the game is hard

Stack Hellion, only switch up for 2 bosses, congrats you won the game.

/thread

Didn't say the game was hard.

Difficulty for the sake of difficulty
Turn off your monitor when playing the game, I'm sure it'll be more challenging. :)

That feel when you finally beat the Brigand Incursion

The first time it rolled around I sent a lvl 6 crusader and bounty hunter and a lvl 5 musketeer and occultist. Hardly any of them had fully upgraded skills or armor, so the brigands cut through them like butter and none of my attacks ever landed. I didn't know how to use my units or trinkets effectively, and everyone was insane after the first room battle. I had to abandon it and ended up losing the bounty hunter.

Now that I had time to prepare and kit out the heroes properly it was practically a cakewalk. The incursion returned immediately after I had grinded another bounty hunter to lvl 6, so I had to throw him right in, no time to de-stress. Luckily he went virtuous in the last quest so his stress was low.

Barely had enough gold to catch everyone's skill and armor up the the final tier, and it was astoundingly how much of a difference it made.I gave the bounty hunter the manslayer's ring and legendary bracer. I swapped the crusader for a man at arms with the tough ring and the hero's ring. Occultist with debuff amulet and demon's cauldron, for dropping the boss's damage output. What clinched the team was a musketeer with the prophet's eye and the ancestor'a musket ball, she was basically a one-hit-kill crit machine.

In the end I only had one character get afflicted, and that was because I brought the occultist in with about 75 stress already. With smoke bomb and rampart to shuffle/stun the raiders I could keep vvulf in position 2, where both my big damage dealers could hit him. When I had whittled him down to about half health, stacking guard on the man at arms to trivialize the bomb damage, I finished him off with two lucky crits in a row - bounty hunter for 68 damage and musketeer for 41.

>being this bad

Modfag here, finishing my baldwin leper now, starting the ornstein helion next, but can someone fucking help me with the selection tool in photoshop, I'd like to select multiple colored parts to paint them white but that means I have to select every single panel seperatly and change the hue, can I do something like ctrl select all the coloured panels

the best part for me was making all kinds of party combos work, so i could lvl all my characters equally

dude, the games variables and rules are literaly stored in text files, if you are such a baby fucking fagot, just open them up and edit that shit, its commented and clearly named. you can even change the trinkets stats

Have they added a lot of new assets in the past year or so? The one huge complaint I had was it just seemed like once you played for awhile the game was really cheap on reusing stuff

wow, you actually have to do shit, call teh presses!

youtube.com/watch?v=mUeeFybkRxA

>not my fault

>fun

Why is the Antiquarian so OP?

My theory is that thay slip a few gold on the side to the reapaerman.
Or they prefected quantum displacemnt wiht all taht fucking dodge

"Protect me!" is the best way to turn your tank into Sundowner.

Holy shit 90% of that is awful advice

>Shambler statue says "Hey kid wanna die? Put torch here."
>You do it then complain

Like were you expecting a prank?

darkestdungeon.com/radiant-mode-dev-update

"Casual Mode" coming in early February. Who else is waiting for this just to actually play the game?

turn based grind heavy minmax games are not real fun. you are basically gambling. they have illlusion of challenge. you are just clicking and save/loading to get proper value from RNG. you are not playing a game.

>i still don't know what the Gods were thinking.

Whatever you wanna say to rationalize why you arent winning. Plenty of people do perfectly fine in this game with sub optimal setups and bad luck.

>tfw I use Protect Me on my highwaymen after a duelist's advance

this will get them killed someday, right?

This. Same reason I cannot understand the appeal of Kingdom Death Monsters.

There are people that dropped $1600 on KDM when it is literally just an abstraction for rolling dice on a series of random tables with no meaningful tactical input.

The best thing about playing it is pretty much flipping of the RNGod every time you win under overwhelming odds.

Kinda fits with the story i guess.

Game got worse balance the longer it went in development. Devs added more RNG as time went on, to purposefully fuck people over so the game was "hard".

If you're constantly having to reset or risk wipes in DD chances are you have an abysmal team or somehow the worst luck of someone on the planet. You people act like a single enemy crit gives your whole team a heart attack.

>This game sucks because I have no idea how to play it.

Sup Forums

id say it all just comes down to not knowing when to abandon a quest

The game sucks because the devs goal is to make the game hard at any cost, the easiest way to do that is see how people are winning and then nerf/counter it, and that is possibly the worst design process ever conceived.

You're playing chess against an opponent that makes up their own rules everytime you beat them, eventually the novelty wears off.

I can't even imagine anybody just now getting in having any kind of fun.

Sometimes it's the smart thing to do.

>Send a suicide/loot squad into a level, with minimal supplies.
>Gather as much loot as you can.
>As the party is in dire straits remove them from battle.
>Abandon quest and take loot.
>Fire all the remaining survivors (They're probably broken goods anyway).
>Gather as much

>send suicide squad with no money invested
>only one guy breaks 100 stress, he goes valorous
>they pull it all, off stomachs grumbling, stumbling in the pitch black
of course they'd get a free stay in the brothel after that.

>Plenty of people do perfectly fine in this game with sub optimal setups and bad luck.
so are gamblers. i am pointing a fact here.

It means that your character is somehow related to the one with the blood drop. Gold border means close relative.

>most chars only get like 17 or 20
Kek, what? Most chars get from 5-10. 15-20 is considered excellent and you need to either get lucky or breed and educate specifically for martial to get in that range

. Anything greater than that is basically Platinum SSS+ grade.

That character has his martial as high as Khornate Daemon Princes from the Warhammer mod. I'd honestly say he's custom made with most points thrown into his natural martial. Regardless, if his natural martial is so high you should be popping out kids with 20+ martial each

>you're playing chess
Holy fuck I swear this games critics are split between non-retarded people who instantly figure out it's a burst race that makes you grind solved boring combat for hours and autists who can't and think RNG is even factor outside of champion.

This game is brain dead easy. There is no greater tactic beyond killing the enemy as fast as fucking possible, except maybe in the 2nd DD (the hardest besides Vulf) where guarding and displacement are useful. You fucking stack damage and speed, then rape priorities. Congrats, you can now no death 100% NG.

Fucking Paper Mario at least has button prompts to add challenge. DD has "aye so do you have X item for X piece of shit?" and "slaughter the same recycled fucks the exact same way you slaughtered them last time".

>There is no greater tactic beyond killing the enemy as fast as fucking possible

That's the objective, not the tactic used to reach said objective.

Not really, I'm playing it for the first time and have only lost around 5 or 6 people so far and nobody I cared about or invested a lot of gold in. I've never party wiped and the only boss I failed to kill on my first attempt so far was the Brigand 8 Pounder. I expect some losses to come since all I have left are 7 Champion bosses, Brigand Incursion and the Darkest Dungeon, but at this point losses are not acceptable and will be mitigated when possible.

Oh yeah and the first time I challenged the Shambler was after clearing the entire Brigand 12 Pounder dungeon and killing the boss, and I won.

Literally stop taking risks

>can't defend shambler
>dream team
I think you mean meme team

Knowledge, preparation, and adaptability are some of the most important personal skills to thrive in this game.
Also, sometimes you just have to let it go. Heroes/parties may just have to be wiped out, It's a rogue-like anyway

Calm the fuck down aspie.

If you're this triggered by the word chess just pretend I said connect four, Jacks or battleship.

The fucking point is that people beat the game, the developers see how people beat it and then make it so you can't beat it that way. That's not good game design and it's why everybody talks about how the game used to be good but now it's shit because of its bloated, cancerous development cycle.

Your wife thinks I'm hard

Other developers tweak their games like this as well, they're just not as harsh. The developers obviously had a specific type of experience envisioned for their game.

The game has been beatable by the ""tactic"" I have outlined for over a year now, and the fucking devs cannot "patch it out" unless they massively change the combat system, or gave all the enemies retarded protection so that DOTs become meta.

You are genuinly an idiot, beyond help. Even if you use easier board games you tried to compare this game to playing against a thinking opponent that adapts and "changes the rules".

This game is 100% knowledge based, which means failure implies you didn't know not to hit the little pig before the fight or that you can't fucking learn. For you its clearly the latter.

You're operating on the supposition that the only reason someone would dislike this game is that they can't beat it.

And not because after two years of early access they've managed to make the game shittier than when they started.

>listen to Sup Forums
Only yourself to blame.

Thou shalt not suffer the club footed to breed.

how do i defeat shambler with 4 antiquarians

>at this point losses are not acceptable
you are in for a suprise
remember this when you will be grinding replacement heroes for hours

Anyone that complains about RNG is a major pussy. There are countless ways to fight against it, and if you treat it as an inherent challenge, it is actually fun to do so. You're not supposed to keep people alive for very long.

The real problem with this game is the goddamn grind.

Can't help but think this is true. Not sure why, though.

When you fuck off.

>he listens to Sup Forums
>gets mad at the game

You're a fucking idiot and deserved everything bad that has ever happened to you.

>grind
ive heard this a lot, but what do people actually mean by it? grinding until you have all the upgrades?

>make a party adventuring game
>party is expendable and non-important
>adventuring is just "hold D" in 5 differently colored linear environments
>gameplay is a glorified dice rolling simulator
this "game" is a sleeper disappointment of the year

first game first squad will die nomatter what
if you dont look guides and stuff
but where is fun in that?

its like playing dwarf fortress, you have all guides possible but still manages to fuck up badly

>listens to Sup Forums
oh WOW

>hear everyone always bitch about the randomness being unfair
>decide to play it
>haven't lost a single character and killed about 5 bosses so far
Was I being meme'd?

I don't mind the grind, I've done so much grinding it's probably the reason why I haven't failed very much so far. I acquired many useful trinkets and have almost fully upgraded the Hamlet. I don't even have any connections with my heroes except for Reynauld and Dismas who I really want to survive so I can get that dank achievement

>On the old road, we found redemption.
Holy fuck sign me up. I will be so fucking sad if either of them dies.

Anything. The loot you get from clearing dungeons is barely enough to break even, not to mention getting enough to buy anything new.

Do you like buy every fucking thing in the shop for every run you go on?

stab it to death. volume of fire

Nervous stabbing with maximum dps trinkets should be easily doable.